(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 251.
#11951 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

So my pre order finally came in... #127/checking in
[quoted image]

Hopefully you got the revised Aux board.

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hopefully you got the revised Aux board.

Well my next question is obviously what upgrades should I look for? I know color DMD and newton ball mod

#11953 3 years ago

ColorDMD LCD and shaker motor. The shaker effects are great in this game during the villain modes.

Quoted from Digduglus:

Well my next question is obviously what upgrades should I look for? I know color DMD and newton ball mod

#11954 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ColorDMD LCD and shaker motor. The shaker effects are great in this game during the villain modes.

Just ordered the LCD DMD. Any recommendations on where to get a Shaker?

20201018_201047 (resized).jpg20201018_201047 (resized).jpg20201018_201055 (resized).jpg20201018_201055 (resized).jpg20201018_201913 (resized).jpg20201018_201913 (resized).jpg
#11955 3 years ago

I have a new Newton ball mod missing 1 post sleeve I would ship for $60

#11956 3 years ago

Also does anyone known where I can get 2 of the LE flyers for my collection?

#11958 3 years ago

Congrats man! The Magneto art package is simply amazing. Congrats on finding that hidden gem.

Quoted from Digduglus:

Also does anyone known where I can get 2 of the LE flyers for my collection?

If they made those, I've never seen them.

#11959 3 years ago

I've never seen the LE flyers but have the PRO flyers. They made them though, since they have pics on ipdb.org

Here is the Magneto LE link (first 2 pics)
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5823

Quoted from evileye:

Congrats man! The Magneto art package is simply amazing. Congrats on finding that hidden gem.

If they made those, I've never seen them.

#11960 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I've never seen the LE flyers but have the PRO flyers. They made them though, since they have pics on ipdb.org
Here is the Magneto LE link (first 2 pics)
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5823

That's awesome, need to get me one of those. I have the pro as well and thought that was the only one. Thanks for sharing!

#11961 3 years ago

Soooo shaker, color DMD, newton ball, cliffs, anything else?

#11962 3 years ago

I reccomend the lighted brackets for sale in the pinside shops.they screw onto your light boards and add much needed color to all the white lights.

#11963 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I reccomend the lighted brackets for sale in the pinside shops.they screw onto your light boards and add much needed color to all the white lights.

For the inserts?

#11964 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

For the inserts?

Yes

#11965 3 years ago

So the new x men LE works great, ice ramp, nightcrawler, etc. Only issue is wolverine bash toy isn't registering. At all. 0 hits. Which won't activate the magnet. Also wolverine toy blocks the ice ramp. Suggestions? It plays fast for a machine that sat new in box for 8 years

#11966 3 years ago

Newton ball mod

#11967 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

So the new x men LE works great, ice ramp, nightcrawler, etc. Only issue is wolverine bash toy isn't registering. At all. 0 hits. Which won't activate the magnet. Also wolverine toy blocks the ice ramp. Suggestions? It plays fast for a machine that sat new in box for 8 years

Check the switch is plugged in.

There’s one switch in the middle of the figure. Wire runs through the playfield down to the bottom. Check it’s plugged in tight.

Otherwise you’ll need to remove the figure (screws are on the back) and adjust the switch.

I would recommend you just play the “standard” for a few months before doing any mods.

That way it keeps it nice and fresh every time you do a mod.

rd

#11968 3 years ago

Also the left nightcrawler won't go down now.

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

You need a new night crawler board,there was a revision 2. If you contact Stern they should send one for free.

#11970 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

You need a new night crawler board,there was a revision 2. If you contact Stern they should send one for free.

Yup...sounds like the Aux board went already. That could be causing the Wolverine issue also if I remember right. Been a long time since I heard about any of that though as most people already dealt with it years ago. Sorry for the trouble already, but it was sure to happen. Stern will send you a new one...hopefully it won’t take too long.

#11971 3 years ago

Well I think Stern is sending me a replacement Aux board. They were surprised when I told them I had just unboxed it.
Moving on, what figures do people use to replace the stock Wolverine one?

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Well I think Stern is sending me a replacement Aux board. They were surprised when I told them I had just unboxed it.
Moving on, what figures do people use to replace the stock Wolverine one?

I cut the belt off the stock one and made a cheap and dirty bracket. I have seen a few really nice statues used, but beware of airballs. I have seen a lot of BROKEN nice statues.

#11973 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Welcome to 2012

#11974 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Welcome to 2012

I'll still take it over 2020

#11975 3 years ago

I'm stuck on flipper/rubber combinations? I'm thinking Mirrored Red with Purple Rubber (It's an LE Magneto), but Gold with blue rubber might look good. or Silver with purple... red, blue... Anyone have cool photos or ideas?
I'm going mirrored purple flipper cabinet buttons to go with the red powdercoat at the moment

#11976 3 years ago

Any lurkers here that want to join the club? Selling or trading my Wolverine. Works great, looks great, no issues.

#11977 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

I'm stuck on flipper/rubber combinations? I'm thinking Mirrored Red with Purple Rubber (It's an LE Magneto), but Gold with blue rubber might look good. or Silver with purple... red, blue... Anyone have cool photos or ideas?
I'm going mirrored purple flipper cabinet buttons to go with the red powdercoat at the moment

I have been modifying my game over the past few years. I have documented almost all of it on my web site:

http://www.purcellvillepinball.com/X-MenMagnetoLE2018.html

I did post previously on how I cut the Wolverine figure to add on top of the newton ball and then added a home-made bracket to keep it in place. It is described near the bottom of my long and winding page referenced above.

The above link has photos show adding Cliffy protectors (although I did remove the original Cliffy scoop protector and replace with a Mantis protector, but I have the new Cliffy scoop protector with the track cut out to allow the ball to role into the hole), I added a Beast Bowman collectible figurine mod and an Ice-Man clear Bowen collectible figurine mod with GI through the back and wired to the flasher. This looks cool. I added the color dmd, the decal to cover the plain black wood around the display and speakers, game blades, and red superbands from Marco. The above link has several hundred pictures of the restoration so hopefully interesting or boring like family vacation photos.

Xmen-189 (resized).jpgXmen-189 (resized).jpgXmen-190 (resized).jpgXmen-190 (resized).jpgXmen-191 (resized).jpgXmen-191 (resized).jpg

#11978 3 years ago

Back into the club! Picked up a nice Magneto. Nice VUK with no paint missing. Super nice cabinet. Plays great. Installed Fatpanda's alternate sound track. A super nice addition. If there are any other sound tracks out there let me know. The game has lighted flipper buttons, upgraded back box lighting and under cabinet lighting.

Will install upgraded back box speakers

Ordered:
Newton Ball mod
speaker lights
shaker
Cliffy for the VUK
flipper rubbers (Blue)

Need to think on the color DMD

There is a lot in this game and for the price of most Stern Pro's it is a great fun value. Now I got to go back and re read the rules.

#11979 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I have been modifying my game over the past few years. I have documented almost all of it on my web site:
http://www.purcellvillepinball.com/X-MenMagnetoLE2018.html
I did post previously on how I cut the Wolverine figure to add on top of the newton ball and then added a home-made bracket to keep it in place. It is described near the bottom of my long and winding page referenced above.
The above link has photos show adding Cliffy protectors (although I did remove the original Cliffy scoop protector and replace with a Mantis protector, but I have the new Cliffy scoop protector with the track cut out to allow the ball to role into the hole), I added a Beast Bowman collectible figurine mod and an Ice-Man clear Bowen collectible figurine mod with GI through the back and wired to the flasher. This looks cool. I added the color dmd, the decal to cover the plain black wood around the display and speakers, game blades, and red superbands from Marco. The above link has several hundred pictures of the restoration so hopefully interesting or boring like family vacation photos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great

#11980 3 years ago

Well got the rev B board, installed it, turned the machine on, hit start and the board instantly blows. FML any suggestions?

20201030_172511 (resized).jpg20201030_172511 (resized).jpg
#11981 3 years ago

New owner here. Did a complete topside teardown to wipe my X-Men LE Wolverine down. Either I have inhaled too much dust or wax, or I am not that bright, but I can't find where plastic (-25) goes? The manual has a "Plastics - Lower Layer" drawing, but none for the upper plastics.

Can someone please take a photo of where this is located on the playfield? I am certain I am looking right at it, but I can't see it in the photos that I took pre-tear down.

IMG_6269 (resized).jpgIMG_6269 (resized).jpg
#11982 3 years ago
Quoted from MichiganDad:

New owner here. Did a complete topside teardown to wipe my X-Men LE Wolverine down. Either I have inhaled too much dust or wax, or I am not that bright, but I can't find where plastic (-25) goes? The manual has a "Plastics - Lower Layer" drawing, but none for the upper plastics.
Can someone please take a photo of where this is located on the playfield? I am certain I am looking right at it, but I can't see it in the photos that I took pre-tear down.
[quoted image]

That plastic sits under the moving iceman ramp. Just below the upper right flipper, or above the right outlane.

IMG_9173 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_9173 (1) (resized).jpg
#11983 3 years ago

We had a big tournament at my place last weekend.

The semifinal was a four player game on X-Men Magneto. No EBs of course, set up for tournament play.

Player one had a great first ball and got 40m. I got 79m. X-Men is such a great game when you’re flowing ... the combos are soooo sweet.

By ball 3 I was almost at Danger Room, I had completed all the Heroes bar Wolverine. I started it a second time and still didn’t complete it. I was at 129m and so far ahead I just drained it rather than carrying on.

Every time I play this game I remember how good it is.

rd

#11984 3 years ago

Can someone with the revised aux B board and wiring harness send a photo of how it's supposed to look? In don't think I messed it up... Also what fuses should I be looking to see if they blew?

#11985 3 years ago

I have no idea which fuse but heres a pic

20201031_133250 (resized).jpg20201031_133250 (resized).jpg
#11986 3 years ago

Picked up a routed Xmen Pro yesterday:
goteeeeeem (resized).pnggoteeeeeem (resized).png

And here is what Ive done so far......
Updated the code to 1.51 (was on 1.02)
replaced the last incandescent lock light bulb with an LED
replaced the red and blue LEDs on the "storm board" with whites
replaced the sling rubbers with clears
replaced a bunch of easy to get to rubbers with clears
replaced the leds under the slings with comet 4x1 tower leds
used the 4x1 tower LEDs in the spot lights too (they seem to spread the light better)
slings (resized).pngslings (resized).png
and I replaced the black post rubbers with clears for the newton ball mod
newton (resized).pngnewton (resized).png
I put a red wedge in Omega Red, a Blue in the Sentinel (Im going to replace it with purple) and orange in sabretooth and shoot again.
They were the only spare colored wedge LEDs
badguys (resized).pngbadguys (resized).png

The one thing I had to fix was the spotlight on Magneto. there wasnt 12v coming though the taps, so I pulled the tap off the wires it was on and put it onto a GI light.
Before:
before (resized).pngbefore (resized).png
After:
after (resized).pngafter (resized).png

#11987 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Picked up a routed Xmen Pro yesterday:
[quoted image]
And here is what Ive done so far......
Updated the code to 1.51 (was on 1.02)
replaced the last incandescent lock light bulb with an LED
replaced the red and blue LEDs on the "storm board" with whites
replaced the sling rubbers with clears
replaced a bunch of easy to get to rubbers with clears
replaced the leds under the slings with comet 4x1 tower leds
used the 4x1 tower LEDs in the spot lights too (they seem to spread the light better)
[quoted image]
and I replaced the black post rubbers with clears for the newton ball mod
[quoted image]
I put a red wedge in Omega Red, a Blue in the Sentinel (Im going to replace it with purple) and orange in sabretooth and shoot again.
They were the only spare colored wedge LEDs
[quoted image]
The one thing I had to fix was the spotlight on Magneto. there wasnt 12v coming though the taps, so I pulled the tap off the wires it was on and put it onto a GI light.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

The magneto spotlight isn't supposed to be on all the time, it only triggers when magneto multiball starts, thats why it wasn't showing voltage at rest.

#11988 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The magneto spotlight isn't supposed to be on all the time, it only triggers when magneto multiball starts, thats why it wasn't showing voltage at rest.

Now I know! I'm undecided on moving it back, I kinda like it always being on. I also might put the purple GI lights back behind the hellfire and brotherhood targets.

#11989 3 years ago

Come and get it guys!

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “This is the Limited Edition. Not really sure if this is HUO, but it could be. Excellent, clean example with captive ball, shaker, speaker lights/XMEN inserts, dimming backglass l...”
2020-10-28
New City, NY
5,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 815 times

#11990 3 years ago

sooooooooooooo........................................

Is this common or am I just that (un)lucky ?
stuck (resized).pngstuck (resized).png

It was actually pretty hard to get the ball out

#11991 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

sooooooooooooo........................................
Is this common or am I just that (un)lucky ?
[quoted image]
It was actually pretty hard to get the ball out

That's...impressive. Eight years I've never seen that one!

#11992 3 years ago

same. Never had that happen with my PRO in 8 years....

Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's...impressive. Eight years I've never seen that one!

#11993 3 years ago

Are you guys being sarcastic or not? I cant tell :/

got CB3's WIP files for xmen, so hopefully I can finish it off. Card reader isnt working on the one I installed, so I was testing the other one I had before taking the time to swap them.

keller (resized).pngkeller (resized).png

#11994 3 years ago

Working on a wolverine I just picked up and trying to fix a few hack jobs. Can someone tell me where these two wires go? They were just hanging, but look like they were cut from somewhere. It looks like it goes to the lighting system and to the junction just to the right of the magnet.

8210B8E6-A84E-448F-9694-A1457DA545CC (resized).jpeg8210B8E6-A84E-448F-9694-A1457DA545CC (resized).jpeg
#11995 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Working on a wolverine I just picked up and trying to fix a few hack jobs. Can someone tell me where these two wires go? They were just hanging, but look like they were cut from somewhere. It looks like it goes to the lighting system and to the junction just to the right of the magnet.
[quoted image]

Would be helpful if you found out specifically where they went to. My guess is that they run to a spotlight, but you will need to confirm.

#11996 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Would be helpful if you found out specifically where they went to. My guess is that they run to a spotlight, but you will need to confirm.

Yes, spotlight or pop bumper lighting would be my guess.

#11997 3 years ago

Could anyone take a picture of the gate that is back behind magneto? Mine is missing a screw on the left side and when I put a half inch screw there with a washer it goes too deep and the ball gets stuck. Not sure if one should go there or I need to pack it with a few washers.

#11998 3 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Could anyone take a picture of the gate that is back behind magneto? Mine is missing a screw on the left side and when I put a half inch screw there with a washer it goes too deep and the ball gets stuck. Not sure if one should go there or I need to pack it with a few washers.

Use a shorter screw with a tiny amount of locktite or a zip tie.

#11999 3 years ago

So I've figured out if you soft plunge there are 2 skill shots; Rogue for Psylocke Skill Shot and Storm for Angel Skill Shot, are there any others?

#12000 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So I've figured out if you soft launch there are 2 skill shots; Rogue for Psylocke Skill Shot and Storm for Angel Skill Shot, are there any others?

Soft plunge to Xavier is the Super Skill Shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/240?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.