(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 251.
#11901 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Will tune into that tonight, considering getting a Wolverine LE.

I think Matt at London pinball might be moving his one on soon.

#11902 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

The magnet in front of wolverine on my table is askew. Ive tried multiple magnets so it’s not the magnet. If you look closely at the pic of the shiny side closest to the camera is slightly above the playfield while the other side of the magnet is slightly below. Anyone else experienced this? I assume it should ideally be perfectly flush all the way around.[quoted image]

Nevermind. I futzed with the magnet mount screws and strategically added a few washers to even it out.

#11903 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Streaming Wolverine LE tonight at 8 pm eastern if anyone wants to come hangout and help me with rules I misunderstand haha.
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

You had a couple of games that were the best I had ever seen.

#11904 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

The magnet in front of wolverine on my table is askew. Ive tried multiple magnets so it’s not the magnet. If you look closely at the pic of the shiny side closest to the camera is slightly above the playfield while the other side of the magnet is slightly below. Anyone else experienced this? I assume it should ideally be perfectly flush all the way around.[quoted image]

Hi Snappy,

I had this problem years ago on my machine and the only way to silence my OCD and get it level was to shim the magnet brackets underneath the playfield with washers-spacers I made out of thin plastic, a bit fiddly, worth it in the end.....cheers

#11905 3 years ago
Quoted from Alex1061:

Hi Snappy,
I had this problem years ago on my machine and the only way to silence my OCD and get it level was to shim the magnet brackets underneath the playfield with washers-spacers I made out of thin plastic, a bit fiddly, worth it in the end.....cheers

Thanks, I actually ended up doing the same thing, but with a few metal washers. I also had to strategically tighting/un-tighten certain of the four bolts a bit to get it level... but I'm fairly confident it's all good to go now. I must assume a warped magnet mount is to blame.. would hope it's not the playfield or the hole drilled for the magnet that is skewed.

#11906 3 years ago

I have an issue where one of my night crawlers is uneven. The front of the plastic, closest to the apron, is a little higher than the back (enough to cause air balls). I checked and the bolts for the mech are all tightened down.. is there away to adjust the ‘tilt’ of the night crawlers? Anyone else had this problem and how did you solve?

To be clear it’s not a matter of raising or lowering the mech, it’s actually uneven some front to back. Thanks in advance.

#11907 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I have an issue where one of my night crawlers is uneven. The front of the plastic, closest to the apron, is a little higher than the back (enough to cause air balls). I checked and the bolts for the mech are all tightened down.. is there away to adjust the ‘tilt’ of the night crawlers? Anyone else had this problem and how did you solve?
To be clear it’s not a matter of raising or lowering the mech, it’s actually uneven some front to back. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if there's an adjustment that you can make for certain, as I've never had to do it, but if all else fails, you might try to use washers as spacers to drop the front relative to the back. Again, not sure how many screws secure the mech in.

#11908 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I'm not 100% positive, as it was a long time ago that I messed with mine, but I'm pretty sure you can get away with bending the top plate (that the plastic screws into) a bit.

#11909 3 years ago

I made an updated version of the FatPanda sound package which adds an Ice Ice Baby remix I created for when the Ice Man mode activates. Nothing else is changed. Big shout out to FatPanda for creating his awesome sound package in the first place.

Firmware download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16VuyXqZu23GgDq-DOpgzlilwRoqvSmHy/view?usp=sharing

Wav file of remixed Ice Ice Baby clip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgsejFtivnyytOySeyzK17xtmhkvofVa/view?usp=sharing

#11910 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I made an updated version of the FatPanda sound package which adds an Ice Ice Baby remix I created for when the Ice Man mode activates. Nothing else is changed. Big shout out to fatpanda for creating his awesome sound package in the first place.

Firmware download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16VuyXqZu23GgDq-DOpgzlilwRoqvSmHy/view?usp=sharing
Wav file of remixed Ice Ice Baby clip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgsejFtivnyytOySeyzK17xtmhkvofVa/view?usp=sharing

Have you been able to actually play the game yet?

#11911 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I made an updated version of the FatPanda sound package which adds an Ice Ice Baby remix I created for when the Ice Man mode activates. Nothing else is changed. Big shout out to fatpanda for creating his awesome sound package in the first place.

Haha I did that too, I'm adding a few other changes as well.

#11912 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you been able to actually play the game yet?

Hah, yeah, i've *finally* been able to put some games in. There were a number of mods done to it already but i've done the following:

- Newton ball mod (still need to install replacement wolverine)
- Cliffy shooter lane protector
- Cliffy carbon-fiber magnet ring w/mylar on top
- Mantis protector in scoop
- Touched up chipped paint around the scoop and went over it with three layers of poly
- Replaced magnet
- Did the post mod (replaced all except for the rogue shot because even the 1 1/8" post was too tall for the plastic to fit over and I didn't want to fool with drilling a hole in the plastic or grinding down the post.)
- Replaced all GI lighting/flashers with comet LEDs
- Put pink lights in the pops because it goes with Gambit aesthetic so much better than white (highly recommend this)
- Installed plastic protectors
- In process of replacing magneto figure
- Removed all the ramps and cleaned & waxed everywhere
- ... whilst using a pair of needle nose pliers trying to get one of the new posts in that was very tight it slipped and gouged a small spot (about the size of a bb) in the PF all the way down to the wood :*(... it was a stupid thing to be doing because it was predictable if the pliers slipped they were obviously going towards the table with force. Lesson learned.. don't work around a pinball playfield with tools that could do damage when you are tired and frustrated (duh). I mixed some acryllic paint to color match the area and went over it with a few layers of poly. Thankfully it's right by a post in a spot where the ball will never touch, and you wouldn't notice it while playing... but i'll always know it's there. (doh)

It's my first pinball table so doing all that was quite the learning process... glad it's done. Already thinking about table #2... don't want to wear out X-men due to it being my only pin so I HAVE to get another 1, or 2... or 3... amiright?

#11913 3 years ago

They tend to multiply. That's a lot of work for your first machine. Very much impressed.

#11914 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Haha I did that too, I'm adding a few other changes as well.

Nice! I'd be interested in what you come up with.

#11915 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

Nice! I'd be interested in what you come up with.

Just switching some of the music up, most of it is awesome but I'm not really partial to all the alt-rock stuff so I'm just gonna add my own flavor.
I added the wu-tang C.R.E.A.M. instrumental to Beast and ice ice baby remix to Iceman.
I have a few other things planned but probably won't get to it until this fall.

#11916 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Just switching some of the music up, most of it is awesome but I'm not really partial to all the alt-rock stuff so I'm just gonna add my own flavor.
I added the wu-tang C.R.E.A.M. instrumental to Beast and ice ice baby remix to Iceman.
I have a few other things planned but probably won't get to it until this fall.

There is no song more perfect for Ice-Man than Ice Ice Baby. None! Looking forward to seeing your final playlist.

#11917 3 years ago

My game was originally from the Pinball Refinery and has lights added to Nightcrawler. One of them went out. I took the mech off the playfield (without disconnecting the wires) and I can't figure out how to take it apart to get to the broken light. Are there any mod places with instructions on how to install this? I hear it's a pretty common mod.

#11918 3 years ago

Is there a figure most people use for the Newton ball mod or are people using all different figures? Thanks

#11919 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a figure most people use for the Newton ball mod or are people using all different figures? Thanks

I recommend the Revoltec Wolverine and Magneto. You can find cheaper ones from China on Ebay.

#11920 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I recommend the Revoltec Wolverine and Magneto. You can find cheaper ones from China on Ebay.

I advise caution in considering the Revoltech China clones. I picked one up for exactly this purpose, and it's complete junk.

Beyond the sloppy paint job (who cares, since it's going to be battered by a steel ball), the real problem is the poorly fitting, super loose joints. You just have to look at it and limbs fall off. This figure might do the trick, but not without a good bit of mod and repair work.

IMG_20200823_161942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200823_161942 (resized).jpg
#11921 3 years ago
Quoted from SolarGarlic:

I advise caution in considering the Revoltech China clones. I picked one up for exactly this purpose, and it's complete junk.
Beyond the sloppy paint job (who cares, since it's going to be battered by a steel ball), the real problem is the poorly fitting, super loose joints. You just have to look at it and limbs fall off. This figure might do the trick, but not without a good bit of mod and repair work. [quoted image]

Just to add, I have both the Wolverine and Magneto revoltech knockoffs in my game for quite some time, a couple years now. The Magneto cape requires some hot glue to hold the cape up, but the limbs on the figures have held up fine once set, even with some aggressive nudging. I would add that since they are knockoffs, the consistency in quality is probably not there. The real ones are (I think) 2-3x more expensive though. YMMV

#11922 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just to add, I have both the Wolverine and Magneto revoltech knockoffs in my game for quite some time, a couple years now. The Magneto cape requires some hot glue to hold the cape up, but the limbs on the figures have held up fine once set, even with some aggressive nudging. I would add that since they are knockoffs, the consistency in quality is probably not there. The real ones are (I think) 2-3x more expensive though. YMMV

Man, sounds like you have this game tweaked perfectly! I want it back now. Would that be possible?

#11923 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Man, sounds like you have this game tweaked perfectly! I want it back now. Would that be possible?

It plays so good Tom The XM (cartoon, comics, etc.) have a place near/dear to me, so you might have to seek out a different one.

#11924 3 years ago

Hey fellow X-Men owners. Could someone please do me a quick favor and take a picture of how the lower part of the left ramp attaches to the metal post right above the top pop bumper? If you just lift the playfield, set it on the rails and take a picture that would be super helpful. I am putting my game back together from a shop job and everything for that ramp connects, but there is about a 1" space between the ramp and hex post in that spot so I am not sure how it goes back together. Everything else has fit snug, so I am not sure if there is something missing there. Appreciate the help. Thanks!

#11925 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey fellow X-Men owners. Could someone please do me a quick favor and take a picture of how the lower part of the left ramp attaches to the metal post right above the top pop bumper? If you just lift the playfield, set it on the rails and take a picture that would be super helpful. I am putting my game back together from a shop job and everything for that ramp connects, but there is about a 1" space between the ramp and hex post in that spot so I am not sure how it goes back together. Everything else has fit snug, so I am not sure if there is something missing there. Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Don’t know if you still need it but hopefully this helps. The tall metal support/spacer is what holds up the ramp and it goes all the way down to the playfield.

27D1B8CA-F4E7-4C23-A987-6FFFA64840B4 (resized).jpeg27D1B8CA-F4E7-4C23-A987-6FFFA64840B4 (resized).jpeg
#11926 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

Don’t know if you still need it but hopefully this helps. The tall metal support/spacer is what holds up the ramp and it goes all the way down to the playfield. [quoted image]

Okay that's how I thought it should look. If you loosen that screw does the ramp kind of pop up? You can see in the pictures of mine that I included that there's probably a 1/2-in gap between the top of the post in the ramp. I can push it down to secure it but I thought it would be more of a flush fit without having to do that. All of my other left ramp screws are connected and sitting flush.

IMG_20200825_123215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200825_123215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200825_123222 (resized).jpgIMG_20200825_123222 (resized).jpg

#11927 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Okay that's how I thought it should look. If you loosen that screw does the ramp kind of pop up? You can see in the pictures of mine that I included that there's probably a 1/2-in gap between the top of the post in the ramp. I can push it down to secure it but I thought it would be more of a flush fit without having to do that. All of my other left ramp screws are connected and sitting flush.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine definitely has a little gangster lean towards that post. Not sure if its that much of a gap but it does have to be pushed down a little on my pro.

#11928 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Mine definitely has a little gangster lean towards that post. Not sure if its that much of a gap but it does have to be pushed down a little on my pro.

Would you try just removing that screw and see how far your ramp pops up? Mine plays fine with the gap and no screw at all, but I'm just kind of at a loss as to how it should be.

#11929 3 years ago

Only about an 1/8" with screw removed.
But you know this game has been around the block so to speak.
If I lift the ramp so it looks level its about the same gap as your picture.
It does seem like there should be a spacer there but the screw wouldn't accommodate much of one.

20200828_224013 (resized).jpg20200828_224013 (resized).jpg
#11930 3 years ago

Here is where the ramp looks level.

20200828_224848 (resized).jpg20200828_224848 (resized).jpg
#11931 3 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Okay, I have to come out and admit my frequent idiocy in the hopes that it helps some other fool in the future. I was playing with the optos in test and noticed that actually there were two optos showing active. Turns out, last night when I was tired and soldering the coil nice and tight I actually hooked up the molex connectors to each opto backwards. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have done any damage...just gave me a firm lesson in taking pictures before I take anything apart!
Now I'm left to enjoy the X-men and contemplate this Color DMD addon...

I found your post when trying to troubleshoot the same issue, 'Locating Pinballs'. In my case it was that one of the sling bulbs had come loose and fallen into the ball trough.

1 week later
#11932 3 years ago

Finally got the Revoltech Magneto installed! Have a purple flasher pointing under his cape that lights up the cape and looks pretty awesome. I used some moldable wire to mount Magneto and the light and a bit of hot glue to keep the figure in the right pose. It’s also pretty easy to remove Magneto if needed for maintenance.

Next up, Wolverine!

Props to FatPanda for being the pioneer on the Revoltech figures and offering me some installation tips.

J85M

897E2212-9F4C-4F0D-8079-7086AA34C656 (resized).jpeg897E2212-9F4C-4F0D-8079-7086AA34C656 (resized).jpeg8D6214D3-C07C-4CE0-A544-1B6D987DABBE (resized).jpeg8D6214D3-C07C-4CE0-A544-1B6D987DABBE (resized).jpeg

#11933 3 years ago

Looks great. Any pics lit up? Are you using Revoltech for Wolverine as well?

#11934 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Looks great. Any pics lit up? Are you using Revoltech for Wolverine as well?

Thank you. I’ll hafta try to snap some pics when the purple flashes, I don’t think it ever stays on for any length of time. Maybe I’ll just take a video.

Yep, the Wolverine is also Revoltech..both my magneto and wolverine came from EBay/China but the quality of both is fine.

#11935 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

Thank you. I’ll hafta try to snap some pics when the purple flashes, I don’t think it ever stays on for any length of time. Maybe I’ll just take a video.
Yep, the Wolverine is also Revoltech..both my magneto and wolverine came from EBay/China but the quality of both is fine.

Try getting some pictures in flasher test mode.

#11936 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Try getting some pictures in flasher test mode.

I've got it dissasembled again to do a few minor things but I'll snap some pics once it's all back together again.

#11937 3 years ago

What size LEDs do people recommend for the back panel lightning (i.e. the 6 bulbs on the storm panel)? Seems like adding some higher power lights there could really add some needed brightness.

#11938 3 years ago

One more question ... especially after replacing magneto and losing the red LED in his hand shining on the magnetic spinning disc area.. I find that area to be particularly dark and not well lit... any thoughts about adding additional lighting there somehow?

#11939 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

What size LEDs do people recommend for the back panel lightning (i.e. the 6 bulbs on the storm panel)? Seems like adding some higher power lights there could really add some needed brightness.

IIRC, I used 5SMD Natural white flashers back there
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/5smd-flashers

Quoted from Snappy:

One more question ... especially after replacing magneto and losing the red LED in his hand shining on the magnetic spinning disc area.. I find that area to be particularly dark and not well lit... any thoughts about adding additional lighting there somehow?

An extra spotlight behind Wolverine did the trick for me.

#11940 3 years ago

Hey all!! Back in the club with a Wolverine LE. Problem has arisen. Night crawlers are stuck in UP position. Any clue on what fix is? Thanks!!!

#11941 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Hey all!! Back in the club with a Wolverine LE. Problem has arisen. Night crawlers are stuck in UP position. Any clue on what fix is? Thanks!!!

You need a new night crawler board

#11942 3 years ago

It is brand new!!!!!

#11943 3 years ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com/XMen.htm

Have a Cliffy set I never installed. Who needs them? $45 shipped?

IMG_9605 (resized).jpegIMG_9605 (resized).jpegIMG_9606 (resized).jpegIMG_9606 (resized).jpeg
#11944 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

It is brand new!!!!!

Then that just seals the deal.you need a new night crawler board. There was a problem with the first boards and they made a revision 2 that fixed an issue I had the same problem getting mine with 95 plays in 2019.if you contact stern with a serial number they will send it out free and its fairly simple to do.

#11945 3 years ago

When I said brand new, I meant the board from Marcos. I just traded for this thing, and this happens 50 in. What a pisser!!! Part of the glory of home use pinball!!

#11946 3 years ago

So you just put in a new night crawler board?

#11947 3 years ago

Yes, just had no board installed.

#11948 3 years ago

Finally got it put back together + extra spot light behind wolverine and got wolverine mounted. Snapped some shots of magneto with the purple flasher underneath him going off. I think it looks pretty cool.

When I had him removed magneto had an accident so his form isn’t as cool as in the last pics.. need to futz with it more but am sick of messing with it for the moment.

J85M judremy @evileye

D3B6575F-1988-4FD3-8DB8-AF8B0FAA4A84 (resized).jpegD3B6575F-1988-4FD3-8DB8-AF8B0FAA4A84 (resized).jpeg
2EC6C11E-1E53-49B6-833A-48F7129A55B2 (resized).jpeg2EC6C11E-1E53-49B6-833A-48F7129A55B2 (resized).jpeg
71CA0875-537A-47D0-B348-8B9D8F6523D8 (resized).jpeg71CA0875-537A-47D0-B348-8B9D8F6523D8 (resized).jpeg8E301283-8F2E-4867-BED7-68BA25D0B9CD (resized).jpeg8E301283-8F2E-4867-BED7-68BA25D0B9CD (resized).jpegA0C46350-9086-4074-9D23-FCA7A369A0F6 (resized).jpegA0C46350-9086-4074-9D23-FCA7A369A0F6 (resized).jpeg

#11949 3 years ago

Looks awesome man, great job!

3 weeks later
#11950 3 years ago

So my pre order finally came in... #127/checking in

20201018_192520 (resized).jpg20201018_192520 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.