Quoted from Snappy:
New X-men Wolverine LE owner here (which also happens to be my first pin). Glad to join the club!
I got it home yesterday and noticed a few issues I was hoping to get some direction on:
1. Over the course of only a few games there were multiple instances where a ball got 'stuck' on the wolverine magnet (not stuck under wolverine itself, but actually on the magnet)... the ball just sits on the magnet and after a bit, the game starts going through the motions of trying to find the lost ball. I have to slide the glass out and give the ball a slight nudge to get it off. I tried searching this topic for this issue and found a reference to the magnet being stuck on requiring a board replacement, but not sure if this is the same issue. It doesn't happen every time, other times wolverine (the magnet) 'grabs' the ball for a moment and then lets it go, which I believe is the expected behavior.
2. When I went through diagnostics only the pop bumper flasher doesn't appear to work, however in the game when the ball hits the pop bumpers they do flash, or is that not the same thing?
3. I have a slight chip around the playfield scoop and was thinking about getting the cliffy for that, though there is a disclaimer that it may affect the ability to go into the scoop if the ball is moving slower... this seems like an ok trade-off to me. Does anyone have experience with the cliffy there that would be willing to chime in on if it's worth it?
4. Anyone install the carbon fiber ring from Cliffy that goes around the wolverine magnet, covering the wood? If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it. Seen on the bottom right on this page - http://www.passionforpinball.com/XMen.htm
Lastly, I installed the sound package from fatpanda and love it! Seems like a great pin overall with some depth to unlock over time.
Thanks in advance!!
p.s. I'm definitely planning to install the newton ball mod and replace the magneto and wolvey figures. Echoing what many others have said, I just don't feel like the jibe with the overall sharp aesthetics of everything else in the game.
First, congrats on the pickup!
1) the next time it happens, turn off the machine. If the ball drops, theres a problem with the game holding the magnet on. If it stays on the magnet, the ball is magnetized and will need to be swapped out with new ones. Ballbaron.com has great balls (insert joke here) you'll want to get the Carbon steel balls.
2) Pop bumpers have wedge bulbs in them. They should light up when the pops activate and I beleive in attract mode.
3) The cliffy will block the ball from rolling in 90% of the time. I would live with the chip exposed personally than put a cliffy on. I have the Mantis protector and highly recommend it. No scoop wear on my game with it.
4) i have the carbon ring on mine and it works well.