(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,854 posts
  • 589 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Snappy
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,019 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200706_002508 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_154949282 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200624_154942861 (resized).jpg
884820DD-AF06-4A42-A06A-EADAA777B492 (resized).jpeg
CEB16E5B-366A-4D71-B8B1-56C47C8C12BB (resized).jpeg
59CEC81E-5C96-413B-A2F0-167AD745889C (resized).jpeg
E6A687BF-4F02-4C0B-A957-C053BB1AE4F1 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1592599445872 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200622_163815472 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200622_163509886 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200623_195433278 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200623_195358004 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1592949002173 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200615_185139986 (resized).jpg
20200620_220132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200523_192232 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11854 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 238.
#11751 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I believe the point value decreases if you have Xavier light the shot for you vs without.

That I did not know. Cool. Another stroke of genius in this game.

Quoted from bballfan:

Lighting Deadpool will help in defeating Villians especially Hellfire and Brotherhood.
In default settings 10 combos award Deadpool.

Once DP is lit, he is active for one villain, right? Then to light him again for the next villain, it's ten additional? Does he have to be lit before villain starts, or can you get him going mid-villain?

#11752 3 months ago

Yes it is only for 1 villain at a time and I think you have to light him before starting the villain but not sure.
You can change the amount of combos needed.

#11753 3 months ago

I have been working away on our X-Men Pro. It now has Comet bulbs through out. I flame polished the ramps. We put in clear Titan rings everywhere except for blue on the new yellow flippers. I have a few things left to do: wolverine magnet core, scoop switch, and straighten the standup targets by magneto.

The pic was taken in the dark both times. What a difference the bulbs make.

20200415_002900.jpg
#11754 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have been working away on our X-Men Pro. It now has Comet bulbs through out. I flame polished the ramps. We put in clear Titan rings everywhere except for blue on the new yellow flippers. I have a few things left to do: wolverine magnet core, scoop switch, and straighten the standup targets by magneto.
The pic was taken in the dark both times. What a difference the bulbs make.[quoted image]

Did you add extra spotlights or led strips? That almost looks "pinstadium" like.

#11755 3 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did you add extra spotlights or led strips? That almost looks "pinstadium" like.

No light strips in there. The spots are on the slings which were there when I bought it. Not sure if they are stock or not. I put in the 4 SMD bulbs there. There is also the spotlight behind wolverine, but that one is controlled right? Otherwise, its all 2SMD comet bulbs everywhere. The clear rings help a bunch in getting the light spread out in my opinion.

I did run a small comet led strip to put on the back of the head. Its not visible at all in my garage. It should look good once I get it in the game room though. I put one on Stranger Things and Jurassic Park and like the look. I used Orange for X-men. The red in this pic on MMr is from the topper.

20200329_185009 (resized).jpg
#11756 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

No light strips in there. The spots are on the slings which were there when I bought it. Not sure if they are stock or not. I put in the 4 SMD bulbs there. There is also the spotlight behind wolverine, but that one is controlled right? Otherwise, its all 2SMD comet bulbs everywhere. The clear rings help a bunch in getting the light spread out in my opinion.
I did run a small comet led strip to put on the back of the head. Its not visible at all in my garage. It should look good once I get it in the game room though. I put one on Stranger Things and Jurassic Park and like the look. I used Orange for X-men. The red in this pic on MMr is from the topper.[quoted image]

It must be the 4SMD bulbs then. Looks pretty bright in pictures, but I know that cameras don't capture the exact lighting very well.

#11757 3 months ago

Man, for some reason I thought there was a super wiz beyond DP and DR. Bummer! That really would be fairly unlikely to get to though.

Only gotten to Dark Phoenix once and it was short lived! I keep saying “only Villains this and it never works! I’ll never be a great tourney player because I’m a little ADD and love to wing it.

#11758 88 days ago

Ok a few more things done. May be able to call it "done" now, or as done as can be with pinball (never). I will play test a bit to see if anything else pops up.

Replaced the mushroomed wolverine magnet core and put a mylar ring down
Straightened up the lock targets
Replaced the scoop switch/diode
Made a gate for the lock shot under magneto (was missing)

20200416_124924.jpg20200416_163744.jpg20200416_164153.jpg
#11759 88 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Any time Xavier is running, a shot to him will light the needed shot.

If you have Sabertooth or Shadow King running when you START Xavier, the shot to hit to complete the mode is lit WITHOUT hitting Xavier. Otherwise, yes, a shot to Xavier lights the next shot. This is a cheaty way of doing it.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, for some reason I thought there was a super wiz beyond DP and DR. Bummer! That really would be fairly unlikely to get to though.

There apparently was in 1.50, but it was not fleshed out or buggy or lame or something, and it was removed in 1.51.

My last monster game I completed all of the villains, heros, Magneto SJP and did NOT finish DP or DR ... and as far as I can tell those are a one game only thing. The heroes did not reset after completing them and failing the wizard mode, and I don't think the villains did either. So when you reach "the end" of the game, it seems like it's legit the end of the game. I drained shortly after I completed all of this, I think I was distracted by the, "okay, so what the hell do I do now?" bug.

Danger Room is a brilliant Wizard mode. I love those "progressive" types, it reminds me of Alien Invasion on Simpsons Pinball Party. I've only completed it a few times, that's a lot of shots to hit.

I don't know if there was anything to it, I don't think so, didn't recall hearing any new sounds or anything, but I had a Cyclops > Storm > Iceman > Beast > Storm > Ice Man > Xavier combo the other day. Very satisfying. Like a Whirlwind Left Orbit > Left Inner Loop > Left Ramp combo. But didnt give me a holla.

#11760 88 days ago

Damn thats some playing! combos are so satisfying in this game. here is a complete list

Beast to Xavier = “Sharp minds!” (2 shot combo)
Beast to Rogue = “Beauty and the Beast” (2 shot combo)
Beast to Wolverine = “Savage Animals” (2 shot combo)
Beast to Storm = “Meteorology” (2 shot combo)
Cyclops to Xavier = “Teacher’s Pet” (2 shot combo)
Cyclops to Storm = “Gold and Blue Leaders” (2 shot combo)
Cyclops to Rogue = “Power Drain” (2 shot combo)
Cyclops to Wolverine = “Rivals” (2 shot combo)
Iceman to Xavier = “Brain Freeze” (2 shot combo)
Iceman to Beast = “Angry Yeti” (2 shot combo)
Storm to Iceman = “Hailstorm!” (2 shot combo)
Storm or Xavier to Phoenix to Wolverine = “Unrequited Love” (3 shot combo)
Storm or Xavier to Phoenix to Iceman = “Fire & Ice” (3 shot combo)
Storm or Xavier to Phoenix to Cyclops to Wolverine = “Lovers Triangle” (4 shot combo)
Xavier to Cyclops to Storm to Wolverine = “X-Men Leaders (4 shot combo)

Fun fact. There were supposed to be 16 unique combos but one of them was scrapped since the shots could not be linked together properly. (Original XMEN)

Quoted from plankalkul:

If you have Sabertooth or Shadow King running when you START Xavier, the shot to hit to complete the mode is lit WITHOUT hitting Xavier. Otherwise, yes, a shot to Xavier lights the next shot. This is a cheaty way of doing it.

There apparently was in 1.50, but it was not fleshed out or buggy or lame or something, and it was removed in 1.51.
My last monster game I completed all of the villains, heros, Magneto SJP and did NOT finish DP or DR ... and as far as I can tell those are a one game only thing. The heroes did not reset after completing them and failing the wizard mode, and I don't think the villains did either. So when you reach "the end" of the game, it seems like it's legit the end of the game. I drained shortly after I completed all of this, I think I was distracted by the, "okay, so what the hell do I do now?" bug.
Danger Room is a brilliant Wizard mode. I love those "progressive" types, it reminds me of Alien Invasion on Simpsons Pinball Party. I've only completed it a few times, that's a lot of shots to hit.
I don't know if there was anything to it, I don't think so, didn't recall hearing any new sounds or anything, but I had a Cyclops > Storm > Iceman > Beast > Storm > Ice Man > Xavier combo the other day. Very satisfying. Like a Whirlwind Left Orbit > Left Inner Loop > Left Ramp combo. But didnt give me a holla.

#11761 88 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Ahhh...sorry I misunderstood your original comment. That I didn't know about, but will have to watch for it!

#11762 88 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Storm or Xavier to Phoenix to Cyclops to Wolverine = “Lovers Triangle” (4 shot combo)

And now I have my Friday Evening all laid out.

I have never intentionally gone for any of these.. Didn't realize Phoenix was in this mix since it feeds to the pops. I do Xavier to Cyclops to Storm all the time, never thought to hit wolverine! Thank you for posting this list!

#11763 88 days ago

Damn thats some playing! combos are so satisfying in this game. here is a complete list
Fun fact. There were supposed to be 16 unique combos but one of them was scrapped since the shots could not be linked together properly. (Original XMEN)

Wow...I have heard "Unrequited Love" quite a few times, and "Fire & Ice" a few times, but I always assumed they were just 2 shot combos like the others. Had no idea Storm or Xavier were required first. I also had no idea the 4 shot combos existed. Nice! Thanks for the list...cool stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this game does not get the respect it deserves. There is so much going on, and it all works so well.

Hope all my fellow X-Men fans are staying happy and healthy!

#11764 88 days ago

This game definitely gets the shaft. I love XM as a theme, so I'm glad the gamplay, art package, and DMD visuals all are there and it's not a letdown of a game. Magento LE still has one of the best art packages to this day.

#11765 88 days ago

Unrequited (meaning not returned). Jean is married to Cyclops yet loves Wolverine but she could not act on her passion.
There's also a callout where Wolverine says something to Cyclops like " Every now and then Summers, I remember why you're still in charge" He respects Cyclops but is a bit jealous since he can't have Jean.

I have so much respect for the thought that went into this game. The character traits, the clever callouts (even if you hate their phrasing), the stacking.
The team that programmed the game had great passion but lost direction for a while until John Borg and Waison decided to straighten out the game, fashion the wizard modes and give the game focus. The rest is history after a rocky start. I recall talking to Waison and the Kizevat brothers about the game. Great stories. There were 6 programmers that added code to the game over the years with Waison finishing it up. Really a challenging game, at least to everyone I know

The game has stood an 8 year test in my gameroom and may never leave.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wow...I have heard "Unrequired Love" quite a few times, and "Fire & Ice" a few times, but I always assumed they were just 2 shot combos like the others. Had no idea Storm or Xavier were required first. I also had no idea the 4 shot combos existed. Nice! Thanks for the list...cool stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again...this game does not get the respect it deserves. There is so much going on, and it all works so well.
Hope all my fellow X-Men fans are staying happy and healthy!

#11766 86 days ago

I’ve been playing the heck out of my new toys DI and Deadpool so I hadn’t played xmen for several weeks until tonight when I powered it on. Man what a cracking game. Flow and good to great code. Out of my collection I’d dare say it’s probably #2 on any given day and it’s got some stiff competition!!

#11767 86 days ago

I like the combos in the game. They get lucrative too. I’m not sure if I’ve ever done them all in a game or not. Any way to tell? And does anything happen? That would be a cool mini game, if there was a combo mode after you made all the combos.

Also, I seem to be finishing Storm by hitting Xavier, and maybe even some other random shots. Is my game misbehaving?

#11768 86 days ago

I like the combos in the game. They get lucrative too. I’m not sure if I’ve ever done them all in a game or not. Any way to tell? And does anything happen? That would be a cool mini game, if there was a combo mode after you made all the combos.
Also, I seem to be finishing Storm by hitting Xavier, and maybe even some other random shots. Is my game misbehaving?

This means the last switch on the Storm ramp is too sensitive.

#11770 85 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

This means the last switch on the Storm ramp is too sensitive.

Thank you sir. I’ll check it out.

#11771 85 days ago

Hello xmen owners,
I have a problem with my xmen magneto LE spinning disk.
The blue tab condenser that is mounted on the connector of the spinning disk motor keep blowing (blowed 2 times already) .
I think the problem is the coil of the spinning motor itself (I probe it with my DMM , and it reads 2.4 ohm)
Anybody who owns an LE would be gentle enough and probe his coil in order to see if it reads the same? I believe 2.4 ohm is too low of a read , as to my knowledge any coil who reads lower than 3 ohm is a high suspect... but I just want to be double sure before ordering a new spinning disk motor , which cost 130$
Thanks in advance to anybody who will help me out !
Greets from Italy ❤️

#11772 85 days ago

The pops count toward Storm, so maybe that's where you're finishing that off?

#11773 85 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

The pops count toward Storm, so maybe that's where you're finishing that off?

I don't think it counts towards finishing Storm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only ever completed Storm by shooting the Storm ramp.

#11774 85 days ago

Several ways to end Storm
------------------------------
Shoot storm ramp to end mode.
Shoot cyclops spinner to make it snow and to complete the mode after many hits.
Shoot the pops to create lightning and complete mode after many, many hits.
Shoot combinations of storm, cyclops and the pops.

Taken from X-Men-Pro-Rulesheet (same for LE).

Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't think it counts towards finishing Storm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've only ever completed Storm by shooting the Storm ramp.

#11775 85 days ago

Several ways to end Storm
------------------------------
Shoot storm ramp to end mode.
Shoot cyclops spinner to make it snow and to complete the mode after many hits.
Shoot the pops to create lightning and complete mode after many, many hits.
Shoot combinations of storm, cyclops and the pops.
Taken from X-Men-Pro-Rulesheet (same for LE).

Interesting. Like I've mentioned, I've only ever finished Storm using the ramp. I remember a few times I've tried hitting the pops (like with Beast but that shows progression). Maybe I will take the glass off and confirm it that way.

#11776 85 days ago

There's a bunch of interesting tidbits in this rules doc. Lets see if this works...

Xmen

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/mobilebasic

Quoted from FatPanda:

Interesting. Like I've mentioned, I've only ever finished Storm using the ramp. I remember a few times I've tried hitting the pops (like with Beast but that shows progression). Maybe I will take the glass off and confirm it that way.

#11777 85 days ago

There's a bunch of interesting tidbits in this rules doc. Lets see if this works...
Xmen
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/mobilebasic

Thanks for the link. I wished they would have included which version the rulesheet was on I'm sure I've run across this at one point in time.

#11778 85 days ago

Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for the link. I wished they would have included which version the rulesheet was on I'm sure I've run across this at one point in time.

#11779 83 days ago

Anybody can help?

Quoted from AndreaM:

Hello xmen owners,
I have a problem with my xmen magneto LE spinning disk.
The blue tab condenser that is mounted on the connector of the spinning disk motor keep blowing (blowed 2 times already) .
I think the problem is the coil of the spinning motor itself (I probe it with my DMM , and it reads 2.4 ohm)
Anybody who owns an LE would be gentle enough and probe his coil in order to see if it reads the same? I believe 2.4 ohm is too low of a read , as to my knowledge any coil who reads lower than 3 ohm is a high suspect... but I just want to be double sure before ordering a new spinning disk motor , which cost 130$
Thanks in advance to anybody who will help me out !
Greets from Italy ❤️

#11780 83 days ago
Quoted from AndreaM:

Anybody can help?

I took a look last night but didn't find any easily accessible lugs on the spinning disc coil. How are you getting readings?

#11781 81 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I took a look last night but didn't find any easily accessible lugs on the spinning disc coil. How are you getting readings?

Just follow the black cable coming from the coil placed on the spinning disc motor, and you’ll find a white 2 pin connector . I measured from there, very accessible.... thank you very much for your kind help!
Much appreciated

#11782 81 days ago
Quoted from AndreaM:

Just follow the black cable coming from the coil placed on the spinning disc motor, and you’ll find a white 2 pin connector . I measured from there, very accessible.... thank you very much for your kind help!
Much appreciated

I see. I'll take a look later today.

#11783 80 days ago
Quoted from AndreaM:

Much appreciated

I got 2.9 ohms on my motor coil.

#11784 80 days ago

Thank you ! Much appreciated...

#11785 77 days ago

http://www.shootagain.io/tron/

since someone told me this, I thought.. man, I have to do one of those slider image thingies.

#11786 77 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

http://www.shootagain.io/tron/
since someone told me this, I thought.. man, I have to do one of those slider image thingies.

It's been a known thing that XM is a reverse Tron, but it's cool to see the slider. Good discussion on the facebook thread too. IMO, XM is heads and tails the better game between the two.

#11787 77 days ago

And Tron is a Funhouse rip off.

#11788 77 days ago

Yet plays nothing like Funhouse. XMEN plays nothing like TRON.

Quoted from MRG:

And Tron is a Funhouse rip off.

#11789 76 days ago

Finally got to Dark Phoenix! Had no idea WTF was going on. It’s like it’s own little 3 ball mini game? I think...?

I’d been playing awhile and couldn’t hit the shots by then. I only had Wolverine to complete - always difficult for me - to get to Danger Room, but I choked. 362M and change. 6M off my highest.

#11790 75 days ago

Finally got to Dark Phoenix! Had no idea WTF was going on. It’s like it’s own little 3 ball mini game? I think...?

I’d been playing awhile and couldn’t hit the shots by then. I only had Wolverine to complete - always difficult for me - to get to Danger Room, but I choked. 362M and change. 6M off my highest.

Holy crap! That's a ripper of a game!

Wolverine is EXTREMELY hard to acquire for me. I'd say I'm somewhere around one out of three times do I get it. I love how you have to hit either side, especially when trapped up with two balls on a flipper, and that's the side you need to hit. Cradle separation is huge, and on my machine, it's always a challenge. Plus, since I've cleaned it, post passes from either side are no longer a gimmie.

Dark Phoenix as I misunderstand it (SPOILER ALERT)
I think you have to survive that mode, something about shots to the orbits will decrease the time. However I really can't say because the last two times I've gotten there, I've hit a bug in the software that just craps it out. Shame, that. So you might have hit the bug, might not have.

thefamilyarcade , what is your mode/stacking strategy with villains and heroes? You have heroes stacking on or off?
I've locked into my strategy until I find a better one, which is start up, soft plunge and beat on Brotherhood. Did you know you can get Brotherhood solid without activating the ball saver? So I'll get that going, start villain (Sabertooth) and try to get xavier going.. usually I'll either start xav and complete, or start wolverine by mistake, and stack Wolverine and Sabertooth. Shots are the same for both of those so it kinda makes sense. If I don't get Wolverine and I haven't made significant progress elsewhere, drain it and start over.

Would love to hear some stacking strategies!

#11791 75 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Wolverine is EXTREMELY hard to acquire for me. I'd say I'm somewhere around one out of three times do I get it. I love how you have to hit either side, especially when trapped up with two balls on a flipper, and that's the side you need to hit

Not following here ...

The standard Wolverine figure only has one switch in the back of it.

Maybe you need to adjust it?

Or maybe your figure has broken on the back (very common) and is flopping around - which makes the switch not work properly.

That’s the main reason to change to a captive ball Mod IMO - wolverine is TOO EASY to start. You just whack wolverine all day.

Hope that’s helpful!

rd

#11792 75 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not following here ...
The standard Wolverine figure only has one switch in the back of it.
Maybe you need to adjust it?
Or maybe your figure has broken on the back (very common) and is flopping around - which makes the switch not work properly.
That’s the main reason to change to a captive ball Mod IMO - wolverine is TOO EASY to start. You just whack wolverine all day.
Hope that’s helpful!
rd

I think he is talking about shots on either side of the playfield to progress faster, not shots literally on either side of the Wolverine figure...

#11793 74 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think he is talking about shots on either side of the playfield to progress faster, not shots literally on either side of the Wolverine figure...

Ah ... I’m with you. Hard to finish ... (not to start)

My bad.

rd

#11794 74 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ah ... I’m with you. Hard to finish ... (not to start)

Oh I unintentionally start_ him all the time. But acquiring (turning solid/finishing) is not a trivial multiball. I struggle with it, which makes me love the game all the more. When these games can put me in my place, I genuinely appreciate it.

#11795 74 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Oh I unintentionally start_ him all the time. But acquiring (turning solid/finishing) is not a trivial multiball. I struggle with it, which makes me love the game all the more. When these games can put me in my place, I genuinely appreciate it.

You must have the stock game and not the newton ball...

#11796 74 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

You must have the stock game and not the newton ball...

Yep, haven't installed the newton mod. He's easy to shoot and get going, but shots to xavier and beast are just sooooooooo tight. idk that I want to give that up. Although I really do need to get a cliffy for this, I hear it falls in the scoop far less with a cliffy, which'll make it harder, which I'll appreciate.

How do you like the newton mod?

#11797 74 days ago

The Newton mod is great. I was tired of having Wolvie start so easily and appreciate how it opens up the Xavier shot just enough. I was on the fence about it for years but finally did it last summer. I recommend it and if you don’t like it you can easily revert it.

#11798 74 days ago

I would say the newton ball is more for making Wolverine harder (and obviously more durable) than it is for making Xavier and Beast easier. Yes, they are slightly easier, but they are still tight shots for sure. It is nice having less "accidental" Weapon X starts, and the newton ball is so much more satisfying to hit! My only complaint is I wish someone would make a nice decal to blend the artwork and exposed blank wood. It's not terrible, but it is definitely less finished looking. Overall though...it's the best functional mod I have ever seen.

#11799 74 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Although I really do need to get a cliffy for this, I hear it falls in the scoop far less with a cliffy, which'll make it harder, which I'll appreciate.

I have a Mantis protector on my X-men, works great and has no effect on gameplay.

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/x-men/

#11800 73 days ago
Quoted from plankalkul:

Holy crap! That's a ripper of a game!
Wolverine is EXTREMELY hard to acquire for me. I'd say I'm somewhere around one out of three times do I get it. I love how you have to hit either side, especially when trapped up with two balls on a flipper, and that's the side you need to hit. Cradle separation is huge, and on my machine, it's always a challenge. Plus, since I've cleaned it, post passes from either side are no longer a gimmie.
Dark Phoenix as I misunderstand it (SPOILER ALERT)
I think you have to survive that mode, something about shots to the orbits will decrease the time. However I really can't say because the last two times I've gotten there, I've hit a bug in the software that just craps it out. Shame, that. So you might have hit the bug, might not have.
thefamilyarcade , what is your mode/stacking strategy with villains and heroes? You have heroes stacking on or off?
I've locked into my strategy until I find a better one, which is start up, soft plunge and beat on Brotherhood. Did you know you can get Brotherhood solid without activating the ball saver? So I'll get that going, start villain (Sabertooth) and try to get xavier going.. usually I'll either start xav and complete, or start wolverine by mistake, and stack Wolverine and Sabertooth. Shots are the same for both of those so it kinda makes sense. If I don't get Wolverine and I haven't made significant progress elsewhere, drain it and start over.
Would love to hear some stacking strategies!

When I first got the game I had stacking on, but it just seemed so random. Was never really sure what I was doing and why a mode would finish. Racked up some great scores though. Turned stacking off to learn how to play each mode, and enjoy the game more this way. More satisfying, as I feel I need to accomplish everything and not just randomly finish something without even knowing what I did.

I briefly went back to stacking after learning the game, but turned it off quickly.

As far as heroes go, I prefer to finish Beast, Xavier, IceMan and Cyclops first if possible, just because I know I’ll start Magneto before I want and these jackpots will probably be easier to hit. Beyond this I don’t really have a strategy for the heroes. I do stack them with Villains when possible. Aside from Stacking Saber with Wolvie, I usually start with Sentinels or Juggernaut, because the shots seem more straightforward for those two. I leave Hellfire and Brotherhood for last, so I can easily light Villains by hitting those targets.

The damn multi balls are just so hectic in this game, what with the layout. I find them a little frustrating, just because I feel out of control too much. For this reason I think it’s a great game for learning control. I just haven’t learned that yet! Lol.

I’m still not sure I understand exactly what a blinking or solid hero light (or red arrow) does on the shots themselves. And sometimes my Rogue shot doesn’t activate, especially if I nail it for the skill shot. Is the switch in a place that the ball just misses sometimes, or is my switch less sensitive than it needs to be?

I also think the playfield is too dark and wish it was more colorful and less monochrome. I think if the playfield art was more vibrant and interesting - and if there was RGB inserts - this game would be considered great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 11854 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 238.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside