(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 251.
#11551 5 years ago

I recommend this bust. Zip tie it w/blue zips. You’ll never notice them. It’ll still “move” a little to cushion air balls.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-67101-Wolverine-Bust-Paperweight/dp/B000PCB3PO

#11552 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I recommend this bust. Zip tie it w/blue zips. You’ll never notice them. It’ll still “move” a little to cushion air balls.
amazon.com link »

That one is pretty cool and I hadn't seen it before. Do you have any pictures of how to route/orient the zip ties?

#11553 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That one is pretty cool and I hadn't seen it before. Do you have any pictures of how to route/orient the zip ties?

Don’t have the game anymore but tried adding pics (on mobile) in hope they’re in here.

There is a post behind wolverine that was easy to wrap around. I just put some double sided Velcro on bottom of him for extra support. Easy reversal to old wovie.

12FBC2E6-DA60-4EBF-8FAA-0C8DFF7BD1FD (resized).jpeg12FBC2E6-DA60-4EBF-8FAA-0C8DFF7BD1FD (resized).jpeg16BECA97-48DD-4420-A233-EA5150D87443 (resized).jpeg16BECA97-48DD-4420-A233-EA5150D87443 (resized).jpeg4273A9E5-296D-4EC8-9DA9-A7584388A619 (resized).jpeg4273A9E5-296D-4EC8-9DA9-A7584388A619 (resized).jpeg4F323470-1807-4B4E-8BAD-D6674F191779 (resized).jpeg4F323470-1807-4B4E-8BAD-D6674F191779 (resized).jpeg
#11554 5 years ago

I used a rubber keychain. Will never break, looks clean and doesn't dominate the playfield. I cut a lexan piece to go underneath it to replace that incredibly crappy one that comes with the newton ball kit.

17d26ebb0e88c6c469f17ec4f511c0d6fb6b331d4 (resized).jpg17d26ebb0e88c6c469f17ec4f511c0d6fb6b331d4 (resized).jpg

#11555 5 years ago

Some pretty good ideas. If I cleared the paperweight one I get it would have the same shine as the factory Magneto.

#11556 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Some pretty good ideas. If I cleared the paperweight one I get it would have the same shine as the factory Magneto.

FYI...that is the exact one that I have seen armless. Twice.

Great looking though!

#11557 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

FYI...that is the exact one that I have seen armless. Twice.
Great looking though!

I never had air balls on my LE. Wasn’t an issue.

#11558 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I never had air balls on my LE. Wasn’t an issue.

I get enough airballs to be concerned. Nightcrawlers and Magneto standup targets (lock targets) are a big culprit.

#11559 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I get enough airballs to be concerned. Nightcrawlers and Magneto standup targets (lock targets) are a big culprit.

Same here. The airballs are not overboard like some games, but they are there (just like every other game). Plenty of guys use nicer statues and they look great. Not trying to stop anyone from doing what they want...just reminding them that there is a decent risk they may get broken. Some people will get lucky, some not so much.

1 week later
#11560 4 years ago

Setup and playing great . Thanks Buckman ! I’ll have to work on some of those high scores now

E70528C9-72CE-49A2-9630-0351B86CB564 (resized).jpegE70528C9-72CE-49A2-9630-0351B86CB564 (resized).jpegEA9462CA-F1CC-442F-B1BE-3E390A0F2EE8 (resized).jpegEA9462CA-F1CC-442F-B1BE-3E390A0F2EE8 (resized).jpeg

#11561 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Setup and playing great . Thanks buckman ! I’ll have to work on some of those high scores now

Looks very nice!

#11562 4 years ago

The callouts are so cheesy I’m not sure if I should keep them in for entertainment or replace with pandas upgrade

1 week later
#11563 4 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Quick question regarding the Magneto ball lock - sometimes when "LOCK" is flashing Magneto will not lock a ball with an up-the-middle shot on the first or second attempt. It grabs the ball perfectly, holds for a second, but then releases it. If the "LOCK" is hit from one of the side shots, it always holds. I have tested all the switches in Magneto and the trough, and they all function perfectly. Is there something I should be looking for, or is this just a part of the code that doesn't allow a quick shot to be locked straight up the middle?? Thanks.

I had this exact problem. Switches were testing ok. I noticed the 1 Way ball gate behind magneto was stuck up.

Set it back down and it’s working 100%

If I had to guess there’s some internal timer that counts down to reduce the chance of balls getting stuck there when they aren’t supposed to.

8E46B192-9DE1-40B2-87C9-1FD9555BCFA5 (resized).jpeg8E46B192-9DE1-40B2-87C9-1FD9555BCFA5 (resized).jpeg
#11564 4 years ago

Left scoop question. Years ago I had an X-Men Magneto and as far as I can remember, every time the ball came out of the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop, it would drop into the villain scoop just about every time.

I purchased a different X-Men Magneto and now when the ball exits the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop it does not fall into the villain scoop most of the time.

Both games had/have a Cliffy protector.

The main difference is I added red super bands to the current game which may be a bit thinner than then original rubbers.

What is the "correct" behavior when the ball exits the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop?

Thanks
Michael

#11565 4 years ago

Correct behavior is sometimes the ball should go in the scoop when leaving the bumpers and sometimes it won't.
If it always goes into the scoop from the bumpers thats not as intended.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

Left scoop question. Years ago I had an X-Men Magneto and as far as I can remember, every time the ball came out of the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop, it would drop into the villain scoop just about every time.
I purchased a different X-Men Magneto and now when the ball exits the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop it does not fall into the villain scoop most of the time.
Both games had/have a Cliffy protector.
The main difference is I added red super bands to the current game which may be a bit thinner than then original rubbers.
What is the "correct" behavior when the ball exits the pop bumpers to the left of the villain scoop?
Thanks
Michael

#11566 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Correct behavior is sometimes the ball should go in the scoop when leaving the bumpers and sometimes it won't.
If it always goes into the scoop from the bumpers thats not as intended.

Thanks. So my current game is about 70/30 not going in/going in. So this seems correct.

#11567 4 years ago

I find a well timed bump to the side of the cabinet will increase the chances of the ball going into the scoop.

#11568 4 years ago

It's about 50/50 for me, Mantis Protector. If I really need it to go in, I'll nudge the machine to better my chances.

I found with the Cliffy, it would almost never go in.

With that said, anyone want to buy a Cliffy?

#11569 4 years ago

Have a cliff ball goes in naturally maybe 10% of the time.feels right that the ball shouldn't go in there unless I want it to with a nudge or a shot.. Without the cliff it went in 70 to 80% of the time which slowed down the game and didn't feel right.

#11570 4 years ago

As sad as it makes me it's time to leave the club Anyone looking to join take a look at my ad here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-x-men-le-37#post-5006443

#11571 4 years ago

mantis scoop protector best buy imo

1 month later
#11572 4 years ago

Just got an xmen le. The Nightcrawler for some reason stays up doesnt go down. Anybody encounter this?

#11573 4 years ago

I just fixed this problem on my le. One of my wires broke off on the coil for the pop up release. For me it was a simple task of resoldering one wire. I suppose u could need a new coil as well.

#11574 4 years ago

I manually put down both nightcrawlers. In the coil test they both dont work. Although they do register a hit when I manually press them. The game for some reason doesn't recognise the coils

#11575 4 years ago

Do your magnets work? They are connected to the same driver.

#11576 4 years ago

cnuts13 I just had the same nightcrawler problem. Check the 2 fuses under the playfield (not in the backbox) to see if they've blown. If they have you can try replacing them, but if they blow again straight away, it's probably an issue with blown transistors on the aux driver board (search this forum for it). I had to order a replacement board (part number 520-5325-00) and all was good once it was replaced.

I was advised by the distributor to check the nightcrawler coils, magnets and relays powered by the aux board for shorts before installation - but everything was good, so not sure what cause the aux board to blow (but it certainly had - when we tested the old board 2 of the transistors had gone).

#11577 4 years ago

There was a problem with the first run of boards for the night crawler it should of been replaced long ago but mine was nib until around last November and wasn't swapped out yet.it went out around February and Stern sent me the updated board free.check to see if you have the rev 2 board.

#11578 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. I noticed that both magnets also don't work. I only found 5 fuses under the playfield and they all seem intact. Does anyone know the specific location for the fuse that operates magnets and nightcrawlers?

#11579 4 years ago

You need to fix or replace the aux driver board.
https://ksarcade.net/stern-aux-drv-520-5325-00.html

#11580 4 years ago

I think if the magnets are also not working its definitely the aux board (it basically controls nightcrawlers, magnets and a few relays) - surprised the under-playfield fuses are intact (although they might just seem ok - I've seen some fuses blown that seem fine visually). It's a pain as it means you'll have to order another board and wait for it.

Note that the link in the post above is for a Rev. A board, which exhibited a lot of problems. Stern eventually produced a Rev. B board which is less likely to have issues in future - its not bulletproof though because my board that went was actually a Rev. B.

Anyway - what I'm trying to say is it's maybe best to contact your local Stern distributor and order a Rev. B board replacement.

#11581 4 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Ask and you shall receive...Xavier mode shots. I put this together last year with help from others on this thread.
--Luke
[quoted image]

thanks, that stupid mode always seemed like luck. Didn't know they were all designated to certain shots.
…. damn now I have to memorize all these little heads

#11582 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

thanks, that stupid mode always seemed like luck. Didn't know they were all designated to certain shots.
…. damn now I have to memorize all these little heads

Did you know if you just hit Xavier again, the needed shot will light? Of course if you are like me, that shot shrinks by a good 40% once the mode starts, LOL!

#11583 4 years ago

Another way to reveal the Xavier shot is to start a Villian mode prior to starting it if you have stacking enabled.
I usually start Shadow King then Xavier mode because they use the same shots

#11584 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did you know if you just hit Xavier again, the needed shot will light? Of course if you are like me, that shot shrinks by a good 40% once the mode starts, LOL!

Really?! ok, yeah that's a lot easier then memorizing those tiny heads.

Quoted from bballfan:

Another way to reveal the Xavier shot is to start a Villian mode prior to starting it if you have stacking enabled.
I usually start Shadow King then Xavier mode because they use the same shots

I was going threw some of the older parts of this thread and saw stuff about stacking, I just assumed it was part of the old code. Mine is on whatever the default settings are. Pretty sure I haven't been able to stack hero's. or do you mean villians with heros?

#11585 4 years ago

Hi folks. Joined the LE club. This is a good game, really glad I got it.

But the game makes an insanely loud “clacking” noise whenever the blue/white GI go off. I think it’s the relays under the playfield making this noise. But why? During the game, whenever I hit a “light lock” target (the ones by Magneto”, I get the clacking. I’ve never experienced this on any machine. And it’s not the minor sound some games make (LOTR for example) when the lights strobe or whatever, this is LOUD and unusual.

Any hints or advice?

Thanks.

#11586 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Hi folks. Joined the LE club. This is a good game, really glad I got it.
But the game makes an insanely loud “clacking” noise whenever the blue/white GI go off. I think it’s the relays under the playfield making this noise. But why? During the game, whenever I hit a “light lock” target (the ones by Magneto”, I get the clacking. I’ve never experienced this on any machine. And it’s not the minor sound some games make (LOTR for example) when the lights strobe or whatever, this is LOUD and unusual.
Any hints or advice?
Thanks.

I think the noise you are hearing is the spinning disk.
You will need to add an e-clip onto the shaft underneath the playfield.
Scroll thru this link for details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle?hl=nighttrain

#11587 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle?hl=nighttrain

I’ll check that. I have my doubts though. We’ll see. Thank you for the input!

#11588 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

After reading that thread and watching the YouTube video, that looks - er, sounds- exactly right. So looks easily fixable.

I appears I have the alt sound for game, which is mostly terrific, but the Storm callouts are still kinda ridiculous. That’s the cartoon Storm?

#11589 4 years ago

both of my night crawlers are stuck up.... assuming it's a fuse, but I've read this was a problem.
did anyone try to up the rating by maybe 1/2 amp?

#11590 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

After reading that thread and watching the YouTube video, that looks - er, sounds- exactly right. So looks easily fixable.
I appears I have the alt sound for game, which is mostly terrific, but the Storm callouts are still kinda ridiculous. That’s the cartoon Storm?

Yes, that is the Storm from the 90s TV series. She sounds ridiculous but that is how she is portrayed in the cartoons, and what the voice actress tried to do in the Stern version but just couldn't quite nail it.

#11591 4 years ago

Anyone know a permanent fix for magneto lock releasing balls intermittently sdtm?

#11592 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Anyone know a permanent fix for magneto lock releasing balls intermittently sdtm?

Is the game level? Warped? That lock is offset, so dropping a ball out of it should not go down the middle. If the game is level, maybe the two rods that trap the ball are not aligned all the way and it is tipping the ball towards the drain somehow.

#11593 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is the game level? Warped? That lock is offset, so dropping a ball out of it should not go down the middle. If the game is level, maybe the two rods that trap the ball are not aligned all the way and it is tipping the ball towards the drain somehow.

Every now and then the ball will drop sdtm. Normally when two balls are locked. You think someone would make something that redirects the ball to it flipper all the time.

#11594 4 years ago

This never happens to my game. I did have to fiddle with the leveling. Mine is very slightly off to the left and this has worked perfectly for the past 4 years.

Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Every now and then the ball will drop sdtm. Normally when two balls are locked. You think someone would make something that redirects the ball to it flipper all the time.

3 weeks later
#11595 4 years ago

Added the newton ball mod and a custom wolverine I clearcoated. Looks pretty slick!!

2B3DC6C6-FB42-4B3A-9F2A-EDC4C6165759 (resized).jpeg2B3DC6C6-FB42-4B3A-9F2A-EDC4C6165759 (resized).jpeg1F0CF49C-EAD7-4FD9-9D41-4EDFE0FEB634 (resized).jpeg1F0CF49C-EAD7-4FD9-9D41-4EDFE0FEB634 (resized).jpeg7B6B89DB-51B6-4ECD-A46E-5461539A47B2 (resized).jpeg7B6B89DB-51B6-4ECD-A46E-5461539A47B2 (resized).jpeg
#11596 4 years ago

Looks good! Hopefully airballs don't get him!

#11597 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Added the newton ball mod and a custom wolverine I clearcoated. Looks pretty slick!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks freaking cool, but if you value it, I would think twice about putting it in without some sort of protective shield. A friend of mine has that same statue and knocked an arm off almost instantly. Looks great though!

#11598 4 years ago

I have the same statue it’s been there for about two years never had a problem, looks great!

46746CF4-47B0-47A6-A7B9-5FCEF62272EA (resized).jpeg46746CF4-47B0-47A6-A7B9-5FCEF62272EA (resized).jpeg
#11599 4 years ago

2 questions I need some help on ...

What are the sling sizes on X-Men? I put in 2 1/2" and I think the manual might have another measure?

What are suggested replacements for the LEDs that originally came in this game?
I'm seeing many that are failed or failing (dimming)

I replaced a few with Comet 2 SMD for now

IMG_5798 (resized).JPGIMG_5798 (resized).JPG
#11600 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Looks freaking cool, but if you value it, I would think twice about putting it in without some sort of protective shield. A friend of mine has that same statue and knocked an arm off almost instantly. Looks great though!

Still have it too.....I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/232?hl=whitenoise3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.