(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 251.
#11451 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looking for an Xmen Pro in Ontario, Canada if anyone is thinking about parting with theirs. Thanks

Mr. Bump

#11452 5 years ago
Quoted from lmccart5:

Afternoon question bump for possible lazy Sunday fix.

Unscrew that huge bolt (from memory it has a little locktite on it ..) and then use a big screwdriver in the slot on the metal core to screw it up through the Pf.

Should be easy enough.

rd

#11453 5 years ago

Hey guys, check out this light mod similar to the mode light board he did for Iron Maiden. Really nice, especially for anyone with an LE that is stuck with all white villain lights...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-colored-lighting-brackets-mod

#11454 5 years ago
Quoted from lmccart5:

I have a small amount of mushrooming on my magnet core in front of Wolverine, and want to replace it before it causes any damage. Is replacing it as easy as just screwing the magnet up and out through the playfield and screwing a new one in, or are there switches/wires that need to be disconnected before I do this?

Yes, exactly. It's pretty easy to remove provided Stern didn't use a ton of lock tight. When I first removed the nut from the Wolverine magnet, mine wouldn't budge. In the end, I heated the nut carefully -- you don't want to melt any wires -- and appled pressure with a good wrench.

You can then replace the magnet core. It simply screws out. I find having the proper large screw driver helps. Worth the couple of bucks if you don't have one.

Instead of replacing the magnet core, you can simply grind it flat.

#11455 5 years ago

Just added mods like icicles to Iceman ramp, color DMD and lots of little hero and villain critters to my new Magneto LE! Such a cool, fun game. Tons of shots. Tomorrow I’m adding the newton captive ball mod and a smaller Wolverine. Open up that left orbit Beast/Gambit shot. I’ve heard mostly good things about that mod!

12F29B2C-E842-4A46-AE36-2EB6672EF09B (resized).png12F29B2C-E842-4A46-AE36-2EB6672EF09B (resized).png33FC18D7-F10B-4D6A-9719-63DAB1722E58 (resized).jpeg33FC18D7-F10B-4D6A-9719-63DAB1722E58 (resized).jpeg
#11456 5 years ago

where did you get the icicles?

#11457 5 years ago

ebay.com link: Dept 56 Village Acrylic Icicles 4 Pieces

Not sure the link works, but I know it’s there. On eBay, search for dept 56 icicles...4 piece set. $8.99 free shipping.

#11458 5 years ago

Yep, that's correct. Dept. 56 Icicles on Ebay. $8.99 for 4 piece set with no shipping or tax. Great deal.

You can simply snap off about 3/4 inch on 2 of them, and they fit the underside of the ramp perfectly. Then, I broke another in half and put it under the clear portion of the Ice ramp too. Looks great. I used 3M 2 sided tape, cut into very thin strips (about 1/4 inch at most) applied to the top edge of the icicles so you can't see the tape much, and stuck them on. You could also try museum putty/quake hold.

I've seen other people use 2 icicles on each side of the ramp, by staggering them slightly and overlapping them. It does look better, but it's harder to adhere and you use all your 4 icicles up.

Good luck!

#11459 5 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

ebay.com link » Dept 56 Village Acrylic Icicles 4 Pieces
Not sure the link works, but I know it’s there. On eBay, search for dept 56 icicles...4 piece set. $8.99 free shipping.

$50 shipped to my neck of the woods :/

1 month later
#11460 5 years ago

Anyone have custom freeplay cards? Wolverine LE version is what I have, but could use anything

#11461 5 years ago
d1b12c8390642ae240459f4c0dd3084f9f0b88fa (resized).jpgd1b12c8390642ae240459f4c0dd3084f9f0b88fa (resized).jpgef19358675a9e6ee90a7282c34214beabb818de8 (resized).jpgef19358675a9e6ee90a7282c34214beabb818de8 (resized).jpgx-men-wolverine-by-clunkworld (resized).jpgx-men-wolverine-by-clunkworld (resized).jpg
#11462 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have custom freeplay cards? Wolverine LE version is what I have, but could use anything

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-free-playinstruction-cards

2 weeks later
#11463 5 years ago

Anyone buy a playfield protector for their Pro or LE? If so, how's it holding up? I'm tempted to get one, but concerned about what the magnet will do to the protector. The magnets are used ALOT on this game.

#11464 5 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Anyone buy a playfield protector for their Pro or LE? If so, how's it holding up? I'm tempted to get one, but concerned about what the magnet will do to the protector. The magnets are used ALOT on this game.

I have a pro and it has held up great. Next time I have the glass off, I'll check the plastic around the magnets to see if there is any scraping.

#11465 5 years ago

Not necessary. I've had my pro since 2011 and it looks great. Only protection needed was a scoop protector (mantis or cliffs)

#11466 5 years ago

Xmen was released in 2012, any chance this will get a vault edition? Spiderman and Ironman got one.

#11467 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Xmen was released in 2012, any chance this will get a vault edition? Spiderman and Ironman got one.

Highly highly doubt it. The LE's barely move at 5500 USD and are way more loaded than any of Sterns recent offerings. No way they would sell NIB VE's for 6500-7000.

#11468 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

If they did release it, the Pro would be about $8K CDN with taxes or so. No way it gets released. No one would pay that kind of money for an Xmen Pro.

They are out there and many are HUO. Worth posting a WTB ad and see if you get lucky. I have a Pro and love it.

#11469 5 years ago

If they did release it, the Pro would be about $8K CDN with taxes or so. No way it gets released. No one would pay that kind of money for an Xmen Pro.
They are out there and many are HUO. Worth posting a WTB ad and see if you get lucky. I have a Pro and love it.

I've been holding out for a pro for a while. They are far less common then LE ironically. If you ever decide to move yours along please message me. I have a wanted ad up on kijiji as we speak (along with other titles)

#11470 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I've been holding out for a pro for a while. They are far less common then LE ironically. If you ever decide to move yours along please message me. I have a wanted ad up on kijiji as we speak (along with other titles)

Will let you know; however I have to say I really like it. I bought it December 2017 and thought I would sell it within a year. But I really enjoy the game. I've added a shaker motor and replaced all GIs with white LEDs (previous owner had added colour LEDs). Personally I like the Pro better than the LE. The only LE feature I like is the spinning disk. I also prefer the Xmen artwork on the Pro over Wolverine or Magneto.

#11471 5 years ago

Looking to join the club, have a mint RBION for trade if anyone's thinking of changing things up...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-trade-ripley-s-believe-it-or-not

#11472 5 years ago

Will let you know; however I have to say I really like it. I bought it December 2017 and thought I would sell it within a year. But I really enjoy the game. I've added a shaker motor and replaced all GIs with white LEDs (previous owner had added colour LEDs). Personally I like the Pro better than the LE. The only LE feature I like is the spinning disk. I also prefer the Xmen artwork on the Pro over Wolverine or Magneto.

I agree with every statement you made. I especially hate the iceman moving ramp.

PM me if you have a selling price

#11473 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I agree with the others here that a vault edition wouldn't be cost effective. I looked everywhere recently for a NIB LE, and finally found one a couple months ago a guy had in storage. It was perfect, brand new and carefully stored. I paid $6k even for it, when it was $7995 new in 2012. Then, when I needed some cash, I decided to sell it because I needed to sell a pin with value and I hadn't had it long enough to get too attached to it. I finally sold it, a mint Magneto LE with a new color DMD and several other nice mods, for $5200. That's the only firm cash offer above $5k I got in a month. I started out listing it for $6800. I don't know why Iron Maiden premiums or Ghostbusters premiums or other pins are still getting $7500, when X-Men Le is loaded. So many features, magnets, moving ramp, spinning disc, physical ball lock, actual glass/mirror backglass, powdercoat, and terrific code. I can only guess it has something to do with the troubled release in 2012, when the code was far from complete. That's becoming common now, but I believe it took almost 2 years, sometime in 2014, to finish the code? By then, people were either bitter, or had moved on. On top of that, Wolverine has a tendency to break, and some people feel he blocks the left orbit/Gambit shot. I didn't mind it at all, and I preferred the original Wolverine to the Mezel captive ball mod. Guests at my house loved X-Men when I had it during the holidays.

I ended up selling to a very nice guy I've met in a few tournaments, and along with Munsters, this was his first ever new(ish) Stern pin. He was thrilled to add a premium X-Men for under $5500. It only had 95 plays on it. I will miss owning that pin, and I probably should have chosen something else to sell. That game should be valued at far more than $5200 or $5500. Hard to figure some pin values tho.

X-Men is a very underrated game, I feel. I have Tron, and X-Men is really a more complex version of Tron, with more shots, and with a different theme, art and sound package.

#11474 5 years ago

I am going to assume with all the problems early on that this pin didn't sell well. Now it seems they are hard to find. Chances are stern don't have the license any more for another production run of pro's with led's like they did with Metallica. I recently bought my first new in box pin (Metallica) and love this pin, but it is not my favourite theme. I do like the art, toys and shots on Metallica and wanted a new in box pin. I am a comic book guy and really like the Xmen theme. Seems this one maybe out of reach.

#11475 5 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

I am going to assume with all the problems early on that this pin didn't sell well. Now it seems they are hard to find. Chances are stern don't have the license any more for another production run of pro's with led's like they did with Metallica. I recently bought my first new in box pin (Metallica) and love this pin, but it is not my favourite theme. I do like the art, toys and shots on Metallica and wanted a new in box pin. I am a comic book guy and really like the Xmen theme. Seems this one maybe out of reach.

Like we've all been saying, XM can be had for cheap compared to what's available NIB today. Would you that any of the current NIB Stern pros for the same price as a fully loaded XMLE? A lot of people do, and imo they are missing out on an X-cellent pinball experience. I think the notoriety of the terrible voice call outs is part of it, but I got over really quick once I played and appreciated the integration of the rest of the theme.

I wouldnt call it quits yet. Be patient and one will show up, and at a good price nonetheless.

#11476 5 years ago

for me this pin is not the one that has better fulidez, but I like it a lot. The misisons of the characters are very well associated with them and have a coherent relationship ... it is my favorite piece of furniture for the theme and the drawings on the vinyls

#11477 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think the notoriety of the terrible voice call outs

That all started because one guy just kept crapping on and on and on and on and on and on and on about them at launch. Two voices out of a dozen.

Just proof that if you say something enough, it becomes “a thing”. The pinball hobby is famous for this. Bunch of sheep!

From my knowledge, the machine is based off a comic book. Who’s to say what the voices are? And who gives a shit? I don’t. It’s a f**ken pinball machine!

If a couple of voices are going to put you off a really good pinball machine with excellent code, sweet artwork and gameplay, then I’d suggest there’s something more wrong than a couple of voices in a pinball machine...

rd

#11478 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From my knowledge, the machine is based off a comic book.

Anyone interested, checkout Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Many of the call outs, the art style and the Danger Room story come from that 2004 series.

#11479 5 years ago

I love X-Men Magneto LE. I had one a few years ago and sold it. I missed it and had the opportunity to buy another.

Here are several hundred photos of a restoration. Actually more of adding mods since already in beautiful condition. Hope these pictures can help someone.

http://purcellvillepinball.com/X-MenMagnetoLE2018.html
E2941C75-50A3-42F4-8970-1EFED2E0863B (resized).jpegE2941C75-50A3-42F4-8970-1EFED2E0863B (resized).jpeg

#11480 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That all started because one guy just kept crapping on and on and on and on and on and on and on about them at launch. Two voices out of a dozen.
Just proof that if you say something enough, it becomes “a thing”. The pinball hobby is famous for this. Bunch of sheep!
From my knowledge, the machine is based off a comic book. Who’s to say what the voices are? And who gives a shit? I don’t. It’s a f**ken pinball machine!
If a couple of voices are going to put you off a really good pinball machine with excellent code, sweet artwork and gameplay, then I’d suggest there’s something more wrong than a couple of voices in a pinball machine...
rd

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

#11481 5 years ago

Exactamente...

#11482 5 years ago

98% of the sounds package is good to great. I deducted 1% for a couple of the character voices. But that is just two or three out of twenty or more. And they’re no worse than some of the cartoon versions of the x-men. The other 1% is for a few of the call outs are misplaced. Like Cyclops says the wrong ones sometimes. A negative comment when it should be positive. I like the music.

#11483 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to purchase repro ramps for a pro?

#11484 5 years ago

Yes, exactly. It's pretty easy to remove provided Stern didn't use a ton of lock tight. When I first removed the nut from the Wolverine magnet, mine wouldn't budge. In the end, I heated the nut carefully -- you don't want to melt any wires -- and appled pressure with a good wrench.
You can then replace the magnet core. It simply screws out. I find having the proper large screw driver helps. Worth the couple of bucks if you don't have one.
Instead of replacing the magnet core, you can simply grind it flat.

My Magneto LE also has a mushrooming magnet in front of Wolverine. I've had the game since June '17 and I think it's been like that since I got it -- I assumed it was just built that way. Is something causing the magnet to mushroom slowly over time?

#11485 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

My Magneto LE also has a mushrooming magnet in front of Wolverine. I've had the game since June '17 and I think it's been like that since I got it -- I assumed it was just built that way. Is something causing the magnet to mushroom slowly over time?

Usually because it’s not level w/the playfield (too high)

#11486 5 years ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Buy a new magnet core. Remove large nut holding the core in place. Then screw it up through top so that you do not mess up play field.

Replace new magnet core.

Cliffy sells a magnet protector. Line magnet flush. with the protector.

#11487 5 years ago

Still loving my MagnetoLE. Bought it back just recently from the guy i sold it to 4 yrs ago.
Such a great game and fully loaded like an LE should be.

21343725-7E69-4E1D-9868-AD1EBD77F2D6 (resized).jpeg21343725-7E69-4E1D-9868-AD1EBD77F2D6 (resized).jpeg
#11488 5 years ago

Has anyone done a sound upgrade for a pro?

#11489 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Still loving my MagnetoLE. Bought it back just recently from the guy i sold it to 4 yrs ago.
Such a great game and fully loaded like an LE should be. [quoted image]

It definitely has the LE look and feel. It's a solid pin.

#11490 5 years ago

Sound upgrade? You mean speaker upgrade? I did the flipper fidelity speaker upgrade in 2012 and it sounds great.

Quoted from rwmech5:

Has anyone done a sound upgrade for a pro?

#11491 5 years ago

There was a post a bit ago about remaking the call outs and music, I wasn't sure if it ever got completed and was available for download.

#11492 5 years ago

Nope that never happened

Quoted from rwmech5:

There was a post a bit ago about remaking the call outs and music, I wasn't sure if it ever got completed and was available for download.

#11493 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope that never happened

Sure it did. The relevant discussion starts on post #269 of this thread page:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game/page/6

I have it on my machine, and it’s excellent.

#11495 5 years ago
Quoted from Boyo25guy:

Sure it did. The relevant discussion starts on post #269 of this thread page:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game/page/6
I have it on my machine, and it’s excellent.

Still hoping that someone could post a short clip to Youtube??

#11496 5 years ago

Wow then I'm wrong. I never saw this one! Good job, I'll give it a try!!

#11497 5 years ago

#11498 5 years ago

That sounds really great! I'll have to take it for a spin for a while. Any thoughts about adding a track or more callouts to Storm? It seemed a little quiet with only the thunder sound effects. Maybe have the Xmen theme playing in the background with the thunder sounds being more prominent? i really liked the acoustic theme song btw. Nice work!

#11499 5 years ago

it’s a spanish guitar version, it also plays when your game ends. I’ll see if I can work on the storm effects I kind a like the thunder storm, it’s very creepy and adds ambience while you’re playing.
She was hard to find voices for, so some of them I just took out completely.
There’s a lot more music that isn’t heard in the video.
Make sure you got a sub hooked up !

#11500 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

it’s a spanish guitar version, it also plays when your game ends. I’ll see if I can work on the storm effects I kind a like the thunder storm, it’s very creepy and adds ambience while you’re playing.
She was hard to find voices for, so some of them I just took out completely.
There’s a lot more music that isn’t heard in the video.
Make sure you got a sub hooked up !

I have a sub connected

I installed your remix last night and thought it was done really well overall. Thank you!

My initial thought on it is in regards primarily the main theme. I really liked the orchestral arrangement, but was a little disappointed when it started to loop over right before the climax. I was wondering if it was possible to speed up the clip like 1.2x or 1.5x without it being too noticeable (the TV's theme song seems a little faster) and that way you can get the whole riff and have it loop when it normally does?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/230?hl=sixmillion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.