(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 251.
#11401 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I'm in the club with a PRO!! Like it so far. However - I can't reset the high scores so the prior owner's scores are all there (and high). I've reset scores on several Stern machines, new and old, but can't figure this one out.
can anyone help me?

Go to the installs menu, and do a full factory reset.

That’ll wipe all the scores and any silly adjustments the previous owner made.

You’ll just need to turn free play on again.

rd

#11402 5 years ago

I want an X-Men LE

#11403 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I want an X-Men LE

Who doesn’t?

rd

#11404 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who doesn’t?
rd

Me but I already own one

#11405 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No es normal. Ajusta tus interruptores. El interruptor de entrada de la rampa Storm probablemente esté siendo activado por la vibración del Xavier VUK.

you were right, it was the second switch

#11406 5 years ago

I still have some failure in the magneto lock, when there are two balls and you have to drop one, as you have configured it? I have it this way and it's like it seems to go better, but not perfect ...

20180924_203246 (resized).jpg20180924_203246 (resized).jpg20180924_203352 (resized).jpg20180924_203352 (resized).jpg
#11407 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I still have some failure in the magneto lock, when there are two balls and you have to drop one, as you have configured it? I have it this way and it's like it seems to go better, but not perfect ...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you fixed your Storm issue!

As for Magneto letting out two balls, that is something I have never gotten perfect. First though, never trust the bubble level for pitch. They are rarely correct. Always check the actual angle directly on the playfield. 6.5 degrees is standard, but a bit more if usually fine. The Magneto lock is all about that timing setting. Just keep playing with it and trying different values until it is more consistent. Mine still lets out two occasionally, which reminds me I should play with my settings again, just in case. I think it is just the nature of this type of lock that it will never be perfect. Good luck!

#11408 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Xmen got an amazing x friend

With red powder coating I'd do yellow or black buttons and black leg bolts.

#11409 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

¡Me alegra que hayas solucionado tu problema de Tormenta!
En cuanto a que Magneto soltara dos bolas, eso es algo que nunca he conseguido perfecto. Primero, nunca confíes en el nivel de burbuja para el lanzamiento. Raramente son correctos. Siempre verifique el ángulo real directamente en el campo de juego. 6.5 grados es estándar, pero un poco más si usualmente está bien. El bloqueo de Magneto se trata de la configuración de tiempo. Solo sigue jugando con eso y probando diferentes valores hasta que sea más consistente. El mío todavía deja escapar dos de vez en cuando, lo que me recuerda que debería volver a jugar con mi configuración, por las dudas. Creo que es solo la naturaleza de este tipo de bloqueo que nunca será perfecto. ¡Buena suerte!

ok ok I'll keep trying, it bothers me a lot when it releases the second ball, but it's true that it rarely does ... it's a game that I like a lot and the work of art of the pro version is my favorite of all time

1 week later
#11410 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Just curious, how did you make that? I got the captive ball mod I am going to install, and your smaller Wolverine is something that looks cool.

3d printed (mentioned this in an earlier post).

Here is a WIP of painting. I've gone for colors closer to what is on the artwork itself. Chrome claws and metallic blue instead of flat.

IMG_4220 (resized).JPGIMG_4220 (resized).JPG

#11411 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Impreso en 3d (mencionado en un post anterior).
Aquí hay un WIP de pintura. He ido por los colores más cerca de lo que está en la obra de arte en sí. Garras cromadas y azul metalizado en lugar de planas.
[quoted image]

Will you put them up for sale? even if they are unpainted?

#11412 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Will you put them up for sale? even if they are unpainted?

I could but shipping would probably be expensive (I'm in Australia).

#11413 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Podría pero el envío probablemente sería caro (estoy en Australia).

you can look at the total price with shipping ... maybe you're interested

#11414 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

3d printed (mentioned this in an earlier post).
Here is a WIP of painting. I've gone for colors closer to what is on the artwork itself. Chrome claws and metallic blue instead of flat.
[quoted image]

I’d be interested in one of these

#11415 5 years ago

Is it small enough to put it on top of the captive ball? I think it's a good idea...

#11416 5 years ago

Adding the "tiger stripes" sucked!

Face, belt and details to go.

IMG_4330 (resized).JPGIMG_4330 (resized).JPGIMG_4332 (resized).JPGIMG_4332 (resized).JPG

His face looks pretty derpy lol! still only had base colours.

IMG_4333 (resized).JPGIMG_4333 (resized).JPG

#11417 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Añadiendo las "rayas de tigre" aspirado!
Rostro, cinturón y detalles para ir.
Su cara se ve bastante jodida jajaja! Todavía solo tenía colores base.
[quoted image]

Uooooo
I love this mod....

#11418 5 years ago

So my kids discovered split flipper

And I have my knockoff Revoltech figures properly posed and mounted. What's nice is that you can see the physical ball lock under Magneto now.

The other tricky thing was making poses that allow the glass to fit. I know Magneto doesnt actually throw Hadoukens, but still a cool looking pose anyways

20181007_192928 (resized).jpg20181007_192928 (resized).jpg20181007_192942 (resized).jpg20181007_192942 (resized).jpg20181007_194201 (resized).jpg20181007_194201 (resized).jpg20181008_204729 (resized).jpg20181008_204729 (resized).jpg
#11419 5 years ago

The cool thing about that is the lightshow and cool plastic art underneath are now uncovered and can be seen during gameplay!

#11420 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The cool thing about that is the lightshow and cool plastic art underneath are now uncovered and can be seen during gameplay!

I moved the flasher that was inside the stock magneto out behind, but i'll have to find a different solution for it. I didn't want any flashers facing towards the player, so I'll have to see what I can do to still have it flash, but not be in direct line of sight.

anyone have any thoughts on what I could use instead of the 89 bulb that's currently there? I was thinking about getting a hex post to move it closer to the cape and having it light up the backside that way. A comet flexible 89 bulb maybe to point it upwards and try to hide it a bit more?
https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflexflash.htm

#11421 5 years ago

I replaced my magneto with an 8 inch legends figure, in my opinion it looks great and being able to see the artwork is a plus. I left the Red flasher behind magneto and attached it to a screw that was already there. You can’t see the flasher when you’re playing but it looks cool because it flashes behind magneto whenever it does.

4098F5D4-1D71-403F-9775-9791DB6B2DFD (resized).jpeg4098F5D4-1D71-403F-9775-9791DB6B2DFD (resized).jpegC54ABF5F-4376-4743-AAC9-6A96879EF6E2 (resized).jpegC54ABF5F-4376-4743-AAC9-6A96879EF6E2 (resized).jpeg
#11422 5 years ago

My Magneto. Hid the flasher under his cape.

20181013_154027 (resized).jpg20181013_154027 (resized).jpg20181013_154041 (resized).jpg20181013_154041 (resized).jpg20181013_154049 (resized).jpg20181013_154049 (resized).jpg
#11423 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’d be interested in one of these

Me too. If you ever decide to sell some, please let me know. It keeps the original look, while playing better with the mod.

#11424 5 years ago

So what I did with the flasher in Magneto was to install a standup and make it a spotlight that points at Magneto from above the Cyclops spinner. I'll get some pictures up so you can see. Routing the wiring is simple as the hole under the Ice-Man ramp already exists and you can get the wiring over there without any permanent modifications.

#11425 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Me too. If you ever decide to sell some, please let me know. It keeps the original look, while playing better with the mod.

Mostly done. A little more playing with paint and clear then just have to melt a nut into the base so I can mount it. It does have a few errors that I can see up close but at playing distance it’s acceptable. I might try another print as it wasn’t totally happy with the visible layers.

I guess it cost me about 20 hours total (includes learning a few new things).

Added the red belt so it’s consistent with the other art work in the machine.

E2E5248F-0572-4FD3-864F-D0FA6F1BCCB3 (resized).jpegE2E5248F-0572-4FD3-864F-D0FA6F1BCCB3 (resized).jpeg
Original vs miniOriginal vs mini2DB51728-B8B1-4C47-9CD8-FC2765AA2C03 (resized).jpeg2DB51728-B8B1-4C47-9CD8-FC2765AA2C03 (resized).jpegC6B47B22-EFC1-4CC4-935E-8B2D8CDE0EDD (resized).jpegC6B47B22-EFC1-4CC4-935E-8B2D8CDE0EDD (resized).jpeg

#11426 5 years ago

it's great !!!! the mod of captive ball is much better now !!!!

#11427 5 years ago

Quick question regarding the Magneto ball lock - sometimes when "LOCK" is flashing Magneto will not lock a ball with an up-the-middle shot on the first or second attempt. It grabs the ball perfectly, holds for a second, but then releases it. If the "LOCK" is hit from one of the side shots, it always holds. I have tested all the switches in Magneto and the trough, and they all function perfectly. Is there something I should be looking for, or is this just a part of the code that doesn't allow a quick shot to be locked straight up the middle?? Thanks.

#11428 5 years ago

You've tested the switches with a ball on the playfield? It should lock a ball up the middle when lit for lock. Did you test in the menu or in-game? Try to see what switches are registering with a ball and go from there. If the switch activates with a ball, hold the ball on the switch to make sure the switch stays active where the ball would sit with the posts up (obviously done in test).

#11429 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You've tested the switches with a ball on the playfield? It should lock a ball up the middle when lit for lock. Did you test in the menu or in-game? Try to see what switches are registering with a ball and go from there. If the switch activates with a ball, hold the ball on the switch to make sure the switch stays active where the ball would sit with the posts up (obviously done in test).

OK thank you. All switches test good in the switch-test. The one thing I have not done is hold a ball on the first magneto switch and see if it stops registering. I'll do that tonight.

But if that switch is flaky, why would it always work with a shot from one of the side shots? This is what is really baffling me.

#11430 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

OK thank you. All switches test good in the switch-test. The one thing I have not done is hold a ball on the first magneto switch and see if it stops registering. I'll do that tonight.
But if that switch is flaky, why would it always work with a shot from one of the side shots? This is what is really baffling me.

I'm not sure, but that's where I would start. There seems to be a switch somewhere that is registering when it shouldn't, or that isn't registering when it should. It might be helpful to put it into test and activate a few coils too (maybe pound the playfield with your fist.) Maybe the posts popping up are causing a switch to register/not register and is telling the game that it needs to release a ball. Whatever it is, it sounds like a switch issue to me.

#11431 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Quick question regarding the Magneto ball lock - sometimes when "LOCK" is flashing Magneto will not lock a ball with an up-the-middle shot on the first or second attempt. It grabs the ball perfectly, holds for a second, but then releases it. If the "LOCK" is hit from one of the side shots, it always holds. I have tested all the switches in Magneto and the trough, and they all function perfectly. Is there something I should be looking for, or is this just a part of the code that doesn't allow a quick shot to be locked straight up the middle?? Thanks.

I had a similar issue which also manifested itself as registering magneto hits while in multiball. Try reseating all of the optos, takes 1 minute to try out and fixed my issue for months now.

#11432 5 years ago

the protectors have arrived. cliffy is very attentive and fast in shipping, very good communication and very friendly person

20181020_140740 (resized).jpg20181020_140740 (resized).jpg20181021_012832 (resized).jpg20181021_012832 (resized).jpg
#11433 5 years ago

the only thing that this area in blue is not stuck to the board ... is a little raised ... could it be that it put it wrong? or is it normal in the protectors?

20181021_173135 (resized).jpg20181021_173135 (resized).jpg
#11434 5 years ago

It probably bent up a little when you tightened the post down.

#11435 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

the only thing that this area in blue is not stuck to the board ... is a little raised ... could it be that it put it wrong? or is it normal in the protectors?
[quoted image]

I taped mine with some Mylar so there wasn't an edge there to Nick the pinballs...

#11436 5 years ago

sure that was the problem ...

#11437 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Mostly done. A little more playing with paint and clear then just have to melt a nut into the base so I can mount it. It does have a few errors that I can see up close but at playing distance it’s acceptable. I might try another print as it wasn’t totally happy with the visible layers.
I guess it cost me about 20 hours total (includes learning a few new things).
Added the red belt so it’s consistent with the other art work in the machine

Just my opinion, but it looks a lot better than many of the ones I have seen as it keeps the original look and feel. You did a really good job.

If you ever want to sell one, let me know. I realize shipping is a cost because of where you live. I would probably have it painted by Gio, he did my monster bash figures. If you don't want to ship one, maybe you can sell the file and I can see if I could find somebody over here to print it for me. That way you get something for your labor, as I can tell you put some time into it.

#11438 5 years ago

Instead of spamming a club thread I'll put all future wolverine mini bust in a mod forum thread here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-wolverine-mini-bust

1 week later
#11439 5 years ago

Looking for an Xmen Pro in Ontario, Canada if anyone is thinking about parting with theirs. Thanks

1 week later
#11440 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looking for an Xmen Pro in Ontario, Canada if anyone is thinking about parting with theirs. Thanks

Still looking. I'd even go n.i.b. if some Canadian distributor has some still.(I was told this is a possibility)

1 week later
#11441 5 years ago

As of today I’m joining the X-Men Owners Club! So thrilled to have found a NIB! Magneto for a very fair price, less than when it was on the market and everywhere. It wasn’t easy to find. I don’t know much about this pin, except the Borg design is great, with tons of shots and (finally) very good code. I read a lot about this pin, and I believe it is underrated (though still top 50) on Pinside because of early code and voice issues. I look for pins with that kind of value. The 5 min Borg YouTube video explaining the rules is great, it convinced me this pin would be a nice alternative to my Tron. More to do, with great toys. I’ll have to wait and see how Wolverine holds up. I like the captive ball mod because the playfield is opened up so much. Question - how many of you owners would change out the original Wolverine for the captive ball right away, even with a new, working Hugh Jackman? Anything else you would tweak or change in settings to improve game play? I prefer easier, player-friendly settings that allow for extra balls and deeper games.

Can’t wait to unbox this beauty and start learning the shots! It ships tomorrow!

#11442 5 years ago

I'm looking at an xmen pro but it has lots of mods I dont want.
Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying any of them. The major things I'd be removing are
-Bowen Clear Iceman (seems excessive without iceman ramp and imo takes away from Magneto bust)
-Gambit Card Arch (might keep. Undecided)
-Pinball refinery custom painted Wolverine (adding my own Wolverine with newton mod)
-Laseriffic Topper (not a fan of toppers)
If anyone has interest please PM me.

#11443 5 years ago

Found this on the bottom of my cabinet. Anyone know where it broke off of?

20181118_090030 (resized).jpg20181118_090030 (resized).jpg20181118_090041 (resized).jpg20181118_090041 (resized).jpg
#11444 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Found this on the bottom of my cabinet. Anyone know where it broke off of?[quoted image][quoted image]

End of stroke lever for a flipper. Important piece that cuts off the high power to a flipper coil when holding the flipper up. Find from which flipper it broke off and replace before playing again. You can burn the coil, short a transistor, etc if not fixed.

#11445 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

End of stroke lever for a flipper. Important piece that cuts off the high power to a flipper coil when holding the flipper up. Find from which flipper it broke off and replace before playing again. You can burn the coil, short a transistor, etc if not fixed.

I'm not sure how long it been like this. nothing has burnt so far. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

#11446 5 years ago

So it's from the upper flipper, which doesnt appear to have an EOS switch. Which means that I dont need to replace it. Maybe it is regulated by the lower eos switch. Can anyone confirm?

20181124_140242 (resized).jpg20181124_140242 (resized).jpg

#11447 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So it's from the upper flipper, which doesnt appear to have an EOS switch. Which means that I dont need to replace it. Maybe it is regulated by the lower eos switch. Can anyone confirm?
[quoted image]

I can confirm that the upper right flipper doesn’t have an EOS switch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11448 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Sort of. On a pre Fliptronics era pinball, that’s correct. No EOS switch = hot coils and eventual disaster.

On a later model machine, like X-Men, the flippers are controlled by timed pulses. So the EOS switch is made redundant by the process.

What it’s used for these days - when the flipper is being held up by the 12v, if a ball hits the flipper and makes it fall down (with force) the EOS switch will close, telling the CPU to fire the 50v pulse again to hold the flipper up.

That’s why the side flipper has no EOS switch.

So, the EOS is not as important as it used to be, but you want to fix it up when you get a chance.

rd

2 weeks later
#11449 5 years ago

I have a small amount of mushrooming on my magnet core in front of Wolverine, and want to replace it before it causes any damage. Is replacing it as easy as just screwing the magnet up and out through the playfield and screwing a new one in, or are there switches/wires that need to be disconnected before I do this?

#11450 5 years ago

Afternoon question bump for possible lazy Sunday fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/229?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.