(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 251.
#11351 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I recently put a Cliffy on the Blackbird hole and have found that it makes the ball (frustratingly) trickle STDM. Does the scoop get chewed out enough to make the Cliffy worth it?

mine doesn’t do what you describe so I would tweak the that scoop because mine delivers a clean ball right to the left flipper for an easy trap.

it will definitely wear, as my game has a little over 3000 plays and I think someone was late to the party putting the cliffy on mine as I can see a little wear around the edges.

#11352 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I'm making a smaller version of the original wolverine to fit on my captive ball. The original doesn't even remotely fit as it's far too high (not sure why other peoples fit a few pages back).

Just curious, how did you make that? I got the captive ball mod I am going to install, and your smaller Wolverine is something that looks cool.

#11353 5 years ago

The cliffy that was installed when i got my machine caused occasional SDTM balls and it was clearly warped a little on the left hand side. I bought a new cliffy and it works much better though it doesn't return the ball to the left flipper.

#11354 5 years ago

Sorry, to be clear, when the ball falls out of the pops on the left side, the ball would usually fall into the hole, but instead, rolls over the bottom left corner and trickle down into the middle drain. The scoop eject shoots out cleanly to the left flipper for a trap.

I installed a brand new Cliffy.

#11355 5 years ago

or you can use a mantis protector that protects the scoop area just fine but doesn't cover the surround. I have this one installed and it protects well. I use these type of protectors on new games and cliffys on older or damaged scoops. Both are great.

https://mantispinball.com/product/x-men-protector/

Quoted from FatPanda:

Sorry, to be clear, when the ball falls out of the pops on the left side, the ball would usually fall into the hole, but instead, rolls over the bottom left corner and trickle down into the middle drain. The scoop eject shoots out cleanly to the left flipper for a trap.

#11356 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

or you can use a mantis protector that protects the scoop area just fine but doesn't cover the surround. I have this one installed and it protects well. I use these type of protectors on new games and cliffys on older or damaged scoops. Both are great.
https://mantispinball.com/product/x-men-protector/

So that mounts on the inside of the scoop? Can you post a picture of it installed? I'd be interested!

#11357 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Make sure your game is leveled properly. I never had an issue on my pro or le with sdtm from the pops with the cliffy on.

#11358 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Make sure your game is leveled properly. I never had an issue on my pro or le with sdtm from the pops with the cliffy on.

It's leveled properly.

#11359 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Agreed. I switched from a Cliffy to a Mantis on mine. I love Cliffy's, but for that scoop it just interferes with the ball to much for me.

#11360 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's leveled properly.

Maybe raise your right back leg a few turns to tilt the game slightly. On my game, the ball rarely fell into the hole and would roll down to the left flipper.

Also, there are two types of cliffies, a thin version and thick version. The thin version is what you want.

The hole gets pretty beat up without the cliffy.

#11361 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Maybe raise your right back leg a few turns to tilt the game slightly. On my game, the ball rarely fell into the hole and would roll down to the left flipper.
Also, there are two types of cliffies, a thin version and thick version. The thin version is what you want.
The hole gets pretty beat up without the cliffy.

I ordered whatever was on his site (specified for Xmen). I ordered the mantis protector so will see how that goes.

Prior to the cliffy, the ball would feed into the hole out of the left side of the pop bumper. With the cliffy on, I thought it would dribble down the left side, but instead, it rolls over the corner SDTM. Frustrating after a good long ball! Hopefully the mantis protects the hole while still keeping the game playing properly.

#11362 5 years ago

mine I buy it on ebay, it is quite deformed because it seems to be smaller .. I would like to buy one out of the right size and cover all the wooden edge

20180910_191614 (resized).jpg20180910_191614 (resized).jpg
#11363 5 years ago

on the left side it is smaller and does not cover the wood, that makes it deform and splinter the wood

20180910_191609 (resized).jpg20180910_191609 (resized).jpg
#11364 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

mine I buy it on ebay, it is quite deformed because it seems to be smaller .. I would like to buy one out of the right size and cover all the wooden edge

It's hard to tell from the photos, but that protector looks much thicker than a Cliffy. Here's a photo of the Cliffy installed ...

Blackbird Scoop After (resized).JPGBlackbird Scoop After (resized).JPG
#11365 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Es difícil de decir de las fotos, pero ese protector parece mucho más grueso que un Cliffy. Aquí hay una foto del Cliffy instalado ...
[quoted image]

I agree with you it seems thicker. But yours is also small on the left side does not cover all the wood to the black edge as on the right side. Would you have the link from where you bought yours? thanks

#11366 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I agree with you it seems thicker. But yours is also small on the left side does not cover all the wood to the black edge as on the right side. Would you have the link from where you bought yours? thanks

http://www.passionforpinball.com/XMen.htm

#11367 5 years ago

in the photos it seems that the left side covers all the wood, but in your machine it also leaves space without protection until the black line, I think that is why it is so deformed ...

Screenshot_20180911-090643 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180911-090643 (resized).png
#11368 5 years ago

mannymasy Send Cliff a picture and request to make one a bit bigger to cover what you need. I know he has done this before it just takes a little longer. He can make the left side wider to cover the splintering you were talking about.

#11369 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

mannymasy Envíale una foto a Cliff y pide que hagas un poco más grande para cubrir lo que necesitas. Sé que lo ha hecho antes, solo lleva un poco más de tiempo. Él puede ensanchar el lado izquierdo para cubrir la astilla de la que hablabas.

what is the cliff page?

#11371 5 years ago

ok ok I thought it was another different thanks

#11372 5 years ago

Anyone else ever experienced an issue with the flippers going dead in the middle of the game? I’ve had it happen twice

#11373 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Anyone else ever experienced an issue with the flippers going dead in the middle of the game? I’ve had it happen twice

Check your trough optos and the connectors going to them. I believe this is a result of the game thinking the ball drained...

#11374 5 years ago

I know there isn’t a bat shit chance in hell that Stern revisits this code, but, it would be so good if they just had the modes reset after Dark Phoenix and while they’re in there, put that third wizard mode back in.
After Dark Phoenix, there is literally nothing more to really play, as all the modes are a lot more shots to start and everything is still lit solid. Shame.

#11375 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I know there isn’t a bat shit chance in hell that Stern revisits this code, but, it would be so good if they just had the modes reset after Dark Phoenix and while they’re in there, put that third wizard mode back in.
After Dark Phoenix, there is literally nothing more to really play, as all the modes are a lot more shots to start and everything is still lit solid. Shame.

I'd love if they also updated the progress menu during play to show the progress in multiball, shots needed for brotherhood etc

#11376 5 years ago

Is anyone having an issue where a Xavier shot also registers a Storm shot (as it comes down the wireform)? Or is this normal? But when Storm is active, a Xavier shot will not register the Storm shot. I have to hit a side ramp to complete it.

#11377 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is anyone having an issue where a Xavier shot also registers a Storm shot (as it comes down the wireform)? Or is this normal? But when Storm is active, a Xavier shot will not register the Storm shot. I have to hit a side ramp to complete it.

Somewhat common problem. If my memory is right, it's the Storm switch on the ramp being too sensitive. I know I battled it, but it was a long time ago. It's probably just luck that it doesn't register during Storm mode.

#11378 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Somewhat common problem. If my memory is right, it's the Storm switch on the ramp being too sensitive. I know I battled it, but it was a long time ago. It's probably just luck that it doesn't register during Storm mode.

I haven't tested, but does the Storm shot normally require both the ramp entrance switch and the storm switch to be hit sequentially for it to register? Or is it just the Storm switch? I would think a Xavier switch would normally override any Storm switch hits.

#11379 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't tested, but does the Storm shot normally require both the ramp entrance switch and the storm switch to be hit sequentially for it to register? Or is it just the Storm switch? I would think a Xavier switch would normally override any Storm switch hits.

I believe it needs both, but it's been a long time since I dug into it. That would make sense though...both switches = Storm hit. So the vibration from the Xavier upkicker is probably triggering the ramp entrance, then the ball hits the ramp exit and it thinks Storm was hit. I think that is what mine was doing, but again that was 5-6 years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. It's been solid since then though.

#11380 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

mannymasy Send Cliff a picture and request to make one a bit bigger to cover what you need. I know he has done this before it just takes a little longer. He can make the left side wider to cover the splintering you were talking about.

Just ask him for the larger X-Men cliffy. He has it already. I did and he sent me one that is wider on the right with the cutout on the left for the ball to fall into the scoop out of the pops.

#11381 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Never had that. Seems like some people have issues I've never seen on my game.

Thankfully mine is rock solid as heck so far.

#11382 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Solo pregúntale por la gran X-Men cliffy. Él ya lo tiene. Lo hice y él me envió uno que es más ancho a la derecha con el recorte de la izquierda para que la pelota caiga en la bola de los estallidos.

Okkkkkkkk thanks!!!!!!

#11383 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Just ask him for the larger X-Men cliffy. He has it already. I did and he sent me one that is wider on the right with the cutout on the left for the ball to fall into the scoop out of the pops.

I wish I knew this before ordering!

#11384 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wish I knew this before ordering!

Cliffy is really cool. He would probably let you exchange it. Way back when I had a ful set of WCS94 Cliffys I never used and I just sold them cheaper on Pinside, but he had commented that I should have contacted him and I could have returned them. I had asked him about a larger Cliffy when ordering because my scoop needed it and he offered it up as he had already done that for people before.

#11385 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Cliffy is really cool. He would probably let you exchange it. Way back when I had a ful set of WCS94 Cliffys I never used and I just sold them cheaper on Pinside, but he had commented that I should have contacted him and I could have returned them. I had asked him about a larger Cliffy when ordering because my scoop needed it and he offered it up as he had already done that for people before.

Yeah, he's pretty cool and I'm sure he would have exchanged it, but I ordered a Mantis scoop protector already. If that doesn't work out, I might have to shoot him an email, or just order it from him. I have no issues with that.

#11386 5 years ago

The thicker cliffy is not good,it causes ball hang ups, which is why I believe he went to a thinner style.

#11387 5 years ago

Newton ball mod and Wolvie action figure installed. Not too bad. I'm going to get a matching Magneto as well. I could probably do a better job posing, but it's ok for now.

20180913_184623 (resized).jpg20180913_184623 (resized).jpg20180913_184631 (resized).jpg20180913_184631 (resized).jpg

15368839396602373927884746080824 (resized).jpg15368839396602373927884746080824 (resized).jpg

#11388 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Newton ball mod and Wolvie action figure installed. Not too bad. I'm going to get a matching Magneto as well. I could probably do a better job posing, but it's ok for now.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks good to me!

Picking up my X-Men LE this weekend and it’s got an uninstalled Newton ball mod with it. Haven’t decided if I want to put it in.

#11389 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks good to me!
Picking up my X-Men LE this weekend and it’s got an uninstalled Newton ball mod with it. Haven’t decided if I want to put it in.

Congrats! It definitely changes the game for the better. Well worth the mod!

#11390 5 years ago

Officially in the club.

B5C6FFB6-2948-4AD0-B9A1-D9E8C4134923 (resized).jpegB5C6FFB6-2948-4AD0-B9A1-D9E8C4134923 (resized).jpeg
#11391 5 years ago

I’m looking for an x-men pro. Anyone out there looking to sell? Any help appreciated.

#11392 5 years ago

My magneto ball lock loves to fuck me over and drop them down the middle.anyone got a suggestion?

#11393 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Oficialmente en el club.
[quoted image]

Yeahhhhh!!!!!

#11394 5 years ago

leveling issue. turn the back leg leveler 1/2 turn and try it. depending on your flooring it may be off slightly.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My magneto ball lock loves to fuck me over and drop them down the middle.anyone got a suggestion?

#11395 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mine does similar. I have to slap save it most times. I've checked the leveling too and mine is spot on but, of course, I'll check it again.

#11396 5 years ago
blackbird (resized).jpgblackbird (resized).jpg
#11397 5 years ago

It's true about the storm. Today I realized that by entering the ball by Xavier active storm .... there is no way to change it?

#11398 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It's true about the storm. Today I realized that by entering the ball by Xavier active storm .... there is no way to change it?

Not normal. Adjust your switches. The Storm ramp entrance switch is likely being triggered by the vibration from the Xavier VUK.

#11399 5 years ago

I'm in the club with a PRO!! Like it so far. However - I can't reset the high scores so the prior owner's scores are all there (and high). I've reset scores on several Stern machines, new and old, but can't figure this one out.

can anyone help me?

#11400 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No es normal. Ajusta tus interruptores. El interruptor de entrada de la rampa Storm probablemente esté siendo activado por la vibración del Xavier VUK.

Okkkkkkkk thankssss

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/228?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.