(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,571 posts
  • 562 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Squizz
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 937 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8E46B192-9DE1-40B2-87C9-1FD9555BCFA5 (resized).jpeg
E70528C9-72CE-49A2-9630-0351B86CB564 (resized).jpeg
EA9462CA-F1CC-442F-B1BE-3E390A0F2EE8 (resized).jpeg
17d26ebb0e88c6c469f17ec4f511c0d6fb6b331d4 (resized).jpg
12FBC2E6-DA60-4EBF-8FAA-0C8DFF7BD1FD (resized).jpeg
4F323470-1807-4B4E-8BAD-D6674F191779 (resized).jpeg
4273A9E5-296D-4EC8-9DA9-A7584388A619 (resized).jpeg
16BECA97-48DD-4420-A233-EA5150D87443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0290 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
wolverine_thiniverse (resized).png
IMG_7963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0593 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0590 (resized).jpeg

There are 11571 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 232.
#11301 10 months ago

Just got some time on the game. I think the Newton ball is great! Beast and Xavier are still hard to hit. In multi ball wolverine can still sometimes be tricky... I realize I'm 6 years late to the party, but fun pin!

#11302 10 months ago

Newton ball totally changes the dynamics of the game for the better.

Its the only gameplay mod I have on 126 pinball machines.

I think that says something.

Each to their own - but it is my one and only “must have mod”.

rd

#11303 10 months ago

In my opinion Beast and Xavier are both slightly easier, but not enough that I would call it game changing. Wolverine is significantly harder to hit, but still a pretty easy shot for inexperienced players looking for a simple multiball. Plus it's way more satisfying...there is something about smacking a newton ball that just feels damn good.

#11304 10 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

In my opinion Beast and Xavier are both slightly easier, but not enough that I would call it game changing. Wolverine is significantly harder to hit, but still a pretty easy shot for inexperienced players looking for a simple multiball. Plus it's way more satisfying...there is something about smacking a newton ball that just feels damn good.

I have to agree. I really enjoy hitting the newton ball on my ToM. With the associated sound effect, it's just very satisfying.

#11305 10 months ago

Years ago I bought a showroom model of X-Men Magneto LE #43 and enjoyed it. I sold it. I missed it. I had the opportunity to buy one locally #41.

I forgot that this game did not have LED flashers. I changed them all to LED except the bottom right spinner flasher. I assume there is no easy way to get to it?

I got the ball stuck(as shown in the third picture below) just now. Are there any mods available to fix this or should I just try to figure it out?

For being a HUO only game, it is amazing how much dirt there always is near the flippers and slings.

I read this whole thread and may get the newton ball mod and try to find a nice Wolverine to put on it. I am partial to Cliffy protectors, although I read it could affect the slow moving balls. I'll probably change out the rubbers with super bands or similar. It seems like the Color DMD looks great and I'l order that.

Are there any other mods that are recommended?

Thanks
Michael

IMG_3239 (resized).jpgIMG_3241 (resized).jpgIMG_3255 (resized).jpgIMG_3256 (resized).jpg

#11306 10 months ago

I would change that t-moulding in the head to red.

#11307 10 months ago

My wolvie has blue

A7E3CCF3-F893-4845-B34B-BBF5F11FABDA (resized).jpeg
#11308 10 months ago

Brought home a Magneto LE today! Pics to come!

Did anyone change out the factory LEDs for just natural white? I know some of the effects will be lost, but it's really not bright enough with the red and blue lights.

Played about 20 games today and I really like the layout and shots. I still haven't been able to blow up the game despite having a solid 20 minute game, but it was a good time nonetheless. I can see why the stock Wolvie is changed out. It registers so many times from random carems and bricked shots. I think the newton ball mod is definitely called for.

#11309 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did anyone change out the factory LEDs for just natural white? I know some of the effects will be lost, but it's really not bright enough with the red and blue lights.

In the Red and Blue modes it's not very bright, but when all of them are on it's fine IMO. I'd add spotlights before changing out the colored bulbs.

#11310 10 months ago

Here are a couple pics.

There are already 3 spotlights on the pf and I'd rather not add anymore. Maybe I'll switch out the white LEDs with something a little brighter and go from there. I'm not a huge fan of colored GI to begin, but with it being stock...idk, still not a fan lol. All of my other games are natural white or warm white, so Magneto stands out quite a bit from the others

20180820_061309 (resized).jpg20180820_061322 (resized).jpg
#11311 10 months ago

The stock LEDs are old (first generation) and dull in brightness , if you change them with new ones they are much brighter.

#11312 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

The stock LEDs are old (first generation) and dull in brightness , if you change them with new ones they are much brighter.

I typically go with Comet 2SMDs. I'll need to place an order. Do you think I should keep with the blues and reds? I do like it when the GI turns off and on to have just specific colors showing. Just wish they were RGB lights that changed!

#11313 10 months ago

Yes keep the blue and red they look cool when the villan modes are activated. change the sling red to white so the girls faces dont look red.
The new leds really brighten up the playfield.

#11314 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Recomiendo hacer esto. No solo se ve mucho mejor, sino que también hace que el juego sea mejor con menos bolas de aire. Aquí hay un enlace al hilo original ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

I followed this recommendation in my pro version and I'm very happy with the result. It's worth it

#11315 10 months ago

Apparently I speak Spanish now. Who knew ...

#11316 10 months ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Play it a few times before you immediately jump in to the Newton ball mod. Having played both, I found that I much preferred the original bash toy on mine. X-Men plays best when it plays tough, and the bash toy makes the Beast shot hard to hit. The newton ball really opens it up, to the game's detriment in my opinion.
Some people prefer one, some prefer the other- neither is objectively best, so just saying, just because a bunch of people have done the mod doesn't mean it's necessarily an upgrade or a must-do.

I agree. Have kept mine standard and prefer it. Beast can be tough but that’s the way it was meant to be.
I just got my same game back after selling to a guy 4 years ago Magneto LE no:11. He only put about 200 plays on it and it’s still in mint condition. I’ve stripped top down just to give it a real good clean. Fitted clear Titans, Gameblades, gamegrills flipper Toppers and claw triangles from Tilt have arrived. Custom hand painted Wolvie and Magneto courtesy of Mrs Modfather. Gold coin door bezels and legbolts. Gold shooter housing on its way. Pix later. Such a great game to have back. Looks great next to Hulk LE.

#11317 10 months ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I would change that t-moulding in the head to red.

I am thinking about that on mine. Found some red t-mold I put away probably 4 years ago when I sold it the first time.

#11318 10 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I agree. Have kept mine standard and prefer it. Beast can be tough but that’s the way it was meant to be.
I just got my same game back after selling to a guy 4 years ago Magneto LE no:11. He only put about 200 plays on it and it’s still in mint condition. I’ve stripped top down just to give it a real good clean. Fitted clear Titans, Gameblades, gamegrills flipper Toppers and claw triangles from Tilt have arrived. Custom hand painted Wolvie and Magneto courtesy of Mrs Modfather. Gold coin door bezels and legbolts. Gold shooter housing on its way. Pix later. Such a great game to have back. Looks great next to Hulk LE.

Sounds amazing Scott! Pics!!

#11319 10 months ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sounds amazing Scott! Pics!!

Hi Mike, timebandit yes it’s great to have this one back. My lineup has gone a bit retro lately. Pix as promised.
A few things still to fit. ColorDMD (blew up the regulator chip so Ken is repairing....oops, Randy was very helpful as always) PDI glass gameblades. I’m getting there.

1D76E6FB-9D31-4FCC-A78B-1003042491A4 (resized).jpeg56928BDF-BB35-466F-A61C-5347E5CAE3AF (resized).jpeg5DC62136-26BF-42C8-829D-31391CD70B48 (resized).jpeg622F3DEA-D21D-4292-8A41-C7D7D99D6783 (resized).jpeg663297C3-F7A4-432F-892F-788254CFBE06 (resized).jpeg68FB6085-DF76-4FF6-BC8B-DE6B56B2CC3E (resized).jpeg768B5BBF-31F6-4BDF-A998-2AA6138BCEEF (resized).jpegD6A0940E-4B29-44D1-94E3-03404C50B0BC (resized).jpegE57939FC-FF16-42D0-9B42-46F8C0058EDC (resized).jpeg
#11320 10 months ago

Here’s a pix of lineup almost 4 years ago. See anything similar

39D19979-2C20-4E05-A2E4-846D1D459220 (resized).jpeg
#11321 10 months ago

this is probably a dumb question, but I'm assuming all the GI lights are bayonet style bulbs?

#11322 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

this is probably a dumb question, but I'm assuming all the GI lights are bayonet style bulbs?

No there wedge, and bayonet under the plastics near the outlanes - at least on the pro. Better check...

#11323 10 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Here’s a pix of lineup almost 4 years ago. See anything similar [quoted image]

Looking Good! So I take it you bought your topper along time ago? Looks like the pinsider who made them is 'inactive'.....

#11324 10 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Looking Good! So I take it you bought your topper along time ago? Looks like the pinsider who made them is 'inactive'.....

Tilttopper still makes the magneto to order. tilttopper@gmail.com

$190 plus shipping I think.

#11325 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cool - Thanks!

#11326 10 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

No there wedge, and bayonet under the plastics near the outlanes - at least on the pro. Better check...

Good thing I asked! You're right. All wedges with bayonets under the outlanes.

#11327 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good thing I asked! You're right. All wedges with bayonets under the outlanes.

Ya kinda weird, maybe cheaper at the time? I do like the plastic / easy to remove holders for insert lights. Makes changing bulbs fast...

#11328 10 months ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Yes when I first owned it around 4 years ago. It’s a great topper and the best one I could find that suited Magneto version.

#11329 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Great to hear.

#11330 10 months ago

Actually not the one you have. They make a Magneto or Wolverine topper - they look pretty good...

#11331 10 months ago

I have to say that my kids really get a kick out of starting Weapon X multiball...so the newton ball mod might have to wait until they are bored with it. Just ordered Titan rubbers in blue and new Comet LEDs. Hoping this will light up the pf when it's just the blue or red modes!

#11332 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have to say that my kids really get a kick out of starting Weapon X multiball...

Next, teach them about villain mode, my kids get all excited when one of us starts that up.

#11333 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have to say that my kids really get a kick out of starting Weapon X multiball...so the newton ball mod might have to wait until they are bored with it. Just ordered Titan rubbers in blue and new Comet LEDs. Hoping this will light up the pf when it's just the blue or red modes!

You should strongly consider the Nightcrawler light mod. It looks fantastic! Pictures don't do it justice.

#11334 10 months ago

So after putting about 100 games on it this past week, I have to say that this game is damn fun to shoot! 80% of the callouts are fine. Beast is the worst, but I got over it. Storm is amusing to me lol. The rest of the sounds and voices are good enough to pass. The best part was that this game got me watching the 90s animated show again. Just finished season 1. I love that the names of each of the Xmen are practically the same font as they are in the intro to the show. Nice touch!

The rules are quite good for this game. I like that each of the modes are different. Things like during the Phoenix mode, you can shoot either Cyclops or Wolverine to complete her mode, Storm's thunder and and hail effects at the pops and spinner are great! Ice Man's ramp makes complete sense. Xavier's cerebro mode and the one switch is awesome. They were all very well thought out and give good nods to the source content. This game wont be leaving in the near future!

Now all I need are some good strategies. I know about bringing in as many Xmen into Magneto multiball as possible to maximize points there. Where else are there big points? My best is only 121 Mill. Everything is set to default.

#11335 10 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hi Mike, timebandit yes it’s great to have this one back. My lineup has gone a bit retro lately. Pix as promised.
A few things still to fit. ColorDMD (blew up the regulator chip so Ken is repairing....oops, Randy was very helpful as always) PDI glass gameblades. I’m getting there. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Custom painted wolverine and mag? (Edit: ahh modfather custom )

Looks like wolverine has an extra belt also?

I'm making a smaller version of the original wolverine to fit on my captive ball. The original doesn't even remotely fit as it's far too high (not sure why other peoples fit a few pages back).

Mine now clears the glass and also doesn't touch the ramp.

Pics : currently primed and not coloured yet.

IMG_3699 (resized).JPG

IMG_3701 (resized).JPG

#11336 10 months ago

Looks good Koops. Great game. Your Wolverine will look awesome when painted up.

Oh and here’s the Gameblades fitted.

B85EC315-2828-4F6A-AC45-103C5C6885C6 (resized).jpegB8F04ED0-A7FE-47CF-A7F2-11526BE2BF58 (resized).jpeg
#11337 10 months ago

fatpanda here is the light up night crawler mod that gweempose was referring to. I love it but it was a bit fiddly to install.

0A51F62D-5BA4-4CEE-81F6-25BCD796D715 (resized).jpeg
#11338 10 months ago

fatpanda I normally start by stacking Wolverine with Sentinals which if you manage to finish both is good quick points. Then I go for as many X-Men as I can. I find the Cyclops to Rogue shot is a good safe combo and the Ice-man ramp is easier as a back hand. Once I have a few X-Men going I usually stack Omega Red with Magneto multi ball. My top score is 420m which was when I managed to get to Dark Phoenix by using Deadpools help in the villain multi balls, they are seriously tough to beat otherwise and even harder to restart. Good luck!

#11339 10 months ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

fatpanda I normally start by stacking Wolverine with Sentinals which if you manage to finish both is good quick points. Then I go for as many X-Men as I can. I find the Cyclops to Rogue shot is a good safe combo and the Ice-man ramp is easier as a back hand. Once I have a few X-Men going I usually stack Omega Red with Magneto multi ball. My top score is 420m which was when I managed to get to Dark Phoenix by using Deadpools help in the villain multi balls, they are seriously tough to beat otherwise and even harder to restart. Good luck!

Thanks for the pointers! I have been trying to complete as many X-Men as I can and if Wolverine is ready to start, then I focus on trying to stack a villian with Wolverine. Same with Magneto. It was just that I had worked soooo hard and had a helluva game (or so I thought) but only eeked out the 121 mill.

What's this thing with Brotherhood and villians? In order to start Dark Phoenix, do the X-Men need to be completed? For Danger Room, is it all villian and X-Men that need to be completed or just qualified?

#11340 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What's this thing with Brotherhood and villians? In order to start Dark Phoenix, do the X-Men need to be completed?

Brotherhood - the multiball you qualify by hitting the right targets.

Hellfire - the multiball you qualify by hitting the left targets

Dark Phoenix - wizard for all the villains completed

Danger room - wizard for all the heroes completed

rd

#11341 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:Brotherhood - the multiball you qualify by hitting the right targets.
rd

I finally got Danger Room the other day but didn't go past the 2nd round.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for the pointers! I have been trying to complete as many X-Men as I can and if Wolverine is ready to start, then I focus on trying to stack a villian with Wolverine. Same with Magneto. It was just that I had worked soooo hard and had a helluva game (or so I thought) but only eeked out the 121 mill.
What's this thing with Brotherhood and villians? In order to start Dark Phoenix, do the X-Men need to be completed? For Danger Room, is it all villian and X-Men that need to be completed or just qualified?

Dark Phoenix is amazing. Freakin' amazing.

#11342 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Brotherhood - the multiball you qualify by hitting the right targets.
rd

isnt there a way to qualify a villian easier with brotherhood?

#11343 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

isnt there a way to qualify a villian easier with brotherhood?

Yeah you qualify brotherhood or Hellfire start a villain mode that IS NOT one of those multiballs then once completed or failed it’s one shot to either of those 4 targets (Hellfire or brotherhood) to relit villain modes again

#11344 10 months ago

Xmen got an amazing x friend

20180828_185656 (resized).jpg20180828_185701 (resized).jpg
#11345 10 months ago

For the Magneto spot lamp, I installed a 555 Comet 2SMD LED and played a few games on it. Seemed fine then. Afterwards, I read that it would melt a traditional 555 bulb, and that you should install a 906 flasher. I much prefer the 555 vs the 906 (it sort of flickers when constantly lit). Would there be any issues with installing the 555 bulb long term?

#11346 10 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Xmen got an amazing x friend

I've always thought X-Men has one of the best art packages of any Stern game. Having both games side by side, how do you think the artwork on Deadpool compares?

#11347 10 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've always thought X-Men has one of the best art packages of any Stern game. Having both games side by side, how do you think the artwork on Deadpool compares?

Yes, I dont like the art on the premium so I got the pro. They actually complement eachother well

#11348 9 months ago

Hi all. I’m looking for a spinning disc and magnet entire assembly. If anyone has one for sale or know where to get it. Marco lists it but it’s always out of stock.

Also, could someone measure the diameter of the spinning disc for me?

Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#11349 9 months ago

Okay, so I'm finally back in here. I use to have an X-MEN PRO that I loved and missed as soon as it went, but I couldn't find another to grab so I happened on a Magneto (the LE I would prefer) and I couldn't resist. It was between this and Deadpool, but I really wanted another pin with a third flipper.

Somebody put a shit ton of 12v light mods in this, totally ridiculous and overkill. So much so that when I got home, one was shorted and I had the error message on boot up. Got that sorted and still need to pull some out. Someone did the Wolverine mod, but I still have the original that looks great.

Also noticed the spinner magnet wasn't spinning. Fuses looked good, but tracked it back to a bad TIP 122 on the driver at d23, so I replaced it with a TIP 102.

Trying to get reacquainted with it, not use to the extra features but they're growing on me and I'm finding the shots. I'm remembering how bad the callouts are, they're so bad they're almost funny. Other than that, I've found some rhythm and flow again.

Question- does pinside really not have a separate collection profile for Magneto? It shows Wolverine and Pro versions only? Magneto needs his own, beautiful game.

41315608_10156610355378529_1946002183774273536_n (resized).jpg093c2fca3e7f985e2641c4d80ac7c8d893fa58d9.jpeg (resized).jpg

#11350 9 months ago

I recently put a Cliffy on the Blackbird hole and have found that it makes the ball (frustratingly) trickle STDM. Does the scoop get chewed out enough to make the Cliffy worth it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marathon, FL
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Ropesville, TX
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 279.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Sale Pending!
Sebring, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11571 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 232.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside