(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 251.
#11251 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys my xmen pro is loosing power during a game the flippers will just stop working does anyone know where the problem is?

And the ball ends?

If so, reseat the jam opto molex connectors ... both sides.

rd

#11252 5 years ago

Yes thats it RD, thanks for the reply, are the jam molex connectors in the back box or under the playfield? Thanks heaps for the help..

#11253 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Yes thats it RD, thanks for the reply, are the jam molex connectors in the back box or under the playfield? Thanks heaps for the help..

At the shooterlane end of the trough, under the playfield. You can reach it through the coin door.

#11254 5 years ago

Legend TB, thanks heaps mate. Hope your well. Cheers.

#11255 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys my xmen pro is loosing power during a game the flippers will just stop working does anyone know where the problem is?

Dirty or worn end-of- stroke switch at flipper coil?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see this was already resolved.

#11256 5 years ago

Looking to LED my X-men. Wanted to go with frosted cool white for GI. If anyone has done this how did it turn out? Also for the inserts if I use a frosted white, what is recommended (cool, sunlight, or warm)? Gonna use all comet bulbs - Thanks!

#11257 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Looking to LED my X-men. Wanted to go with frosted cool white for GI. If anyone has done this how did it turn out? Also for the inserts if I use a frosted white, what is recommended (cool, sunlight, or warm)? Gonna use all comet bulbs - Thanks!

Isint the gi 3 different colors for the modes? Or is that just the le?

#11258 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Isint the gi 3 different colors for the modes? Or is that just the le?

Just the LE. When I had my Pro, I went with frosted cool white and loved it. Looked really nice.

#11259 5 years ago

I like this game a good bit. Its not my favorite game, but there is a pinball arcade that has the pro setup and I generally play a few rounds each time I frequent said establishment.
My question to you all is the upper playfield seems really, really dark. At first I thought it might have been the glare on the one time that I went to play. But, I really can't make out most of what is happening lately in the game. Just wondering if the game is in fact dark, or if bulbs went out. A shame because I thought I remembered being able to see more. And the game really isn't as much fun, when you can't see the upper 1/3 of playfield.

#11260 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Just the LE. When I had my Pro, I went with frosted cool white and loved it. Looked really nice.

Thanks! So you went frosted cool white for GI and playfield inserts? And just to double check - if I take off Magneto there's a flasher socket/bulb under there?

#11261 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Thanks! So you went frosted cool white for GI and playfield inserts? And just to double check - if I take off Magneto there's a flasher socket/bulb under there?

I did for both yes. I don't think clear LEDs looks bad on the game though, so I don't think you can go wrong. Yes, there is a flasher socket under Magneto connected to the right hand side plastic. It's an LED flasher on my LE, I think it's a incandescent on the Pro. LED isn't too bright in this case, because it only shines through the holes in his armor.

#11262 5 years ago

A question friends, your magneto blockade has slack in the poles? or are they completely fixed when going up and down?

#11263 5 years ago

Any Recommendations for lights on Storm backboard? Purple, UV, Blue, ??

#11264 5 years ago

I used cool white, game needs some extra light as it is pretty dim.

#11265 5 years ago

I used cool white and a light strip too

#11266 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Ahh, I already tried that. Didn’t do much for me.
The upper right flipper coil on X-men is the same as the lower flippers. That seems way too strong for the shots from the upper flipper.
I’m going to try either a 5062 or a 5030. X-men uses a 5032 which is just a little stronger than the 5030.

Did the weaker coil work? Which one did you go with?

#11267 5 years ago

I put my stupid nice one of a kind Wolvy at my partnered location, My Parents Basement in Atl GA. Enjoy.

Sad to have it exit the house! But a good reason to look forward to going into “work”

2F9CE763-3868-47DB-9246-3229800ED3C6.jpeg2F9CE763-3868-47DB-9246-3229800ED3C6.jpeg5B9449DB-025D-44D2-BDC0-EE54BBDF12C3.jpeg5B9449DB-025D-44D2-BDC0-EE54BBDF12C3.jpeg7B307166-DF19-4980-AE85-4F06B739CBCF.jpeg7B307166-DF19-4980-AE85-4F06B739CBCF.jpegB26DBE00-01A4-4C56-9C35-4E8DC7C3AFE5.jpegB26DBE00-01A4-4C56-9C35-4E8DC7C3AFE5.jpegE4D37EC5-9B77-4E71-B8A9-626FEB647717.jpegE4D37EC5-9B77-4E71-B8A9-626FEB647717.jpeg
#11268 5 years ago

question, when I got my X-Men there were two places bulbs weren't even installed. the slingshot plastic spot light and the blackbird scoop wedge light.
When I tried putting LED bulbs in them they didn't work. Finally found that non-premium bulbs work fine.

I tested the voltage on those sites and it tests out at 4.5 V (or there about's)
other sites on the game test out at 5V. I always assumed it was what the voltage was supposed to be with all the light boards and stuff, but someone brought up that maybe it's supposed to be 6.3 like most games other games. Does anyone know what the LED circuit Voltage is supposed to be on X-Men LE?

3 weeks later
#11269 5 years ago

Looking to join the club in a few days! It will be a Magneto LE. Anything I should get for it right away? I'll be doing the newton ball mod. Any suggestions on which Wolverine to put on top? Do I need a cliffy on the scoop? Plastic protectors? Shaker motor worth it?

#11270 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looking to join the club in a few days! It will be a Magneto LE. Anything I should get for it right away? I'll be doing the newton ball mod. Any suggestions on which Wolverine to put on top? Do I need a cliffy on the scoop? Plastic protectors? Shaker motor worth it?

This is the Wolvie you want. Easily separates from the base by hand.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-67101-Wolverine-Bust-Paperweight/dp/B000PCB3PO

#11271 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good call on the newton ball. Such a good mod for so many reasons. I cut the belt off my stock Wolverine and made a simple bracket for him. He JUST clears the glass and misses the moving ramp. To me that looks better than most of the other ones I've seen people use, and it's durable enough to take an airball. My buddy put in a nice statue and was missing an arm within a few games.

Protectors are never a bad idea. I have Cliffy's in my scoop and shooter lane and plastic protectors. Peace of mind if nothing else. Shaker is definitely worth it. I also have an external sub which really shines on this one. Beyond that, make sure the aux board has been updated (if it's used, it's almost surely been replaced already), and the e-clip was installed on the Magento spinner to stop it from clunking. Many people also swapped some of the posts with rubber rings on to post sleeve style around the ramps. If you dig through the old posts you should be able to find info on these things.

I also have icicles on my Iceman ramp, and a Micro-machines Blackbird over the scoop. Oh...and swap the red and white LEDs under the slings so you do not have red faces on the plastics. You'll want to swap the actual sockets, not just the bulbs since they are controlled separately.

Congrats on the pick-up...it's a great game all around!

#11272 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

amazon.com link »

It's good looking no doubt, but will not handle an airball. This is the one that my buddy lost an arm quickly on.

#11273 5 years ago

I agree that a Cliffy is a good idea on the scoop. The only negative is that it can affect the trajectory of slow moving balls coming out of the pops.

#11274 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's good looking no doubt, but will not handle an airball. This is the one that my buddy lost an arm quickly on.

I've had it installed for months. No issue at all. I really don't have airballs either.

With amazon, you can always buy another and return the old broken one. At least that's what I heard

#11275 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Many people also swapped some of the posts with rubber rings on to post sleeve style around the ramps. If you dig through the old posts you should be able to find info on these things.

I highly recommend doing this. It not only looks way better, but it also makes the game play better with less airballs. Here's a link to the original thread ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

#11276 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I highly recommend doing this. It not only looks way better, but it also makes the game play better with less airballs. Here's a link to the original thread ...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

Thanks for posting this! Any other "fixes" that'll need to be done? I'm not sure what all the original owner did to his machine, but I'm assuming it's all stock. To note, I have yet to see it in person. He's about 2 hrs away, and I won't be able to see it until I go to pick it up.

#11277 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Any other "fixes" that'll need to be done?

You may want to consider installing some type of plastic over the Rogue lane. A lot of times a hard hit ball will get a little air and glide right over the switch without triggering it.

#11278 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You may want to consider installing some type of plastic over the Rogue lane. A lot of times a hard hit ball will get a little air and glide right over the switch without triggering it.

Oh yea! I totally forgot about that one. That was a must on mine. And some drop dead foam on the diverter for Phoenix to Magneto lock.

#11279 5 years ago

I recommend buying 2 target splints from Mezelmods as well as the Newton mod for the Magneto lock targets.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/x-men-pinball-mods/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

#11280 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

amazon.com link »

I used this one per yer recommendation - Thanks! Might have changed though because it definitely didn't separate by hand. Nothing that a hack saw did't take care of though

#11281 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Also possibly different colored post sleeves for the newton ball mod - comes with black ones..... Mirror or art blades?

#11282 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Also possibly different colored post sleeves for the newton ball mod - comes with black ones..... Mirror or art blades?

I'd be ok with black sleeves. Not going to get anything decorative for it likely, other than a new Wolvie

#11283 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'd be ok with black sleeves. Not going to get anything decorative for it likely, other than a new Wolvie

Also color display. Pricy, but the dots in this pin are cool.... I also put in New magnetic cores with cliffy magnet protectors (stainless) around them...

#11284 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Also color display. Pricy, but the dots in this pin are cool.... I also put in New magnetic cores with cliffy magnet protectors (stainless) around them...

I only saw the carbon fiber ones. Does Cliff make stainless ones?

Also, found some really badass action figures. I bet I could mount this on a piece of plexi and mount it to the newton ball mod.
ebay.com link: Kaiyodo Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine Action Figure X Men Toy New in Box

Magneto has an articulating cape?!
ebay.com link: Kaiyodo Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Magneto Action Figure X Men Toy New in Box

#11285 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only saw the carbon fiber ones. Does Cliff make stainless ones?
Also, found some really badass action figures. I bet I could mount this on a piece of plexi and mount it to the newton ball mod.
ebay.com link » Kaiyodo Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine Action Figure X Men Toy New In Box
Magneto has an articulating cape?!
ebay.com link » Kaiyodo Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Magneto Action Figure X Men Toy New In Box

So here are pics of the stainless Cliffy has:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

I couldn't find them at any of the regular vendors, so I just emailed Cliff via his website to get mine. That Magneto figure is pretty badass. You could replace those paperclips in the pic with two pinballs. Just make sure the figures will fit under the glass. If you do the magneto take some pictures!

#11286 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So here are pics of the stainless Cliffy has:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm
I couldn't find them at any of the regular vendors, so I just emailed Cliff via his website to get mine. That Magneto figure is pretty badass. You could replace those paperclips in the pic with two pinballs. Just make sure the figures will fit under the glass. If you do the magneto take some pictures!

You don't want paperclips dangling in your machine? lol

I think they only stand 6 inches tall, at most. I would guess they should fit!

Thanks for the link to the Cliffy's. I've ordered plenty from him in the past. I wonder what his lead time is these days...

Did you put them on both Wolverine and the spinning disc?

#11287 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ya, I have enough trouble finding my spotlights in this game when they fall out - gotta tape em I got my pro about 2 weeks ago and am almost done. Just gotta finish the LEDs and mirror blades. Can't wait to put some serious playtime in!

#11288 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for the link to the Cliffy's. I've ordered plenty from him in the past. I wonder what his lead time is these days...

I picked up a Magneto LE a couple of months ago. I bought a new plastic set and plastic protectors and a new cliffy for the scoop and magnet protector. I only got one for the Wolverine magnet, I don't think you would want one on the spinning disc. Cliffy was a couple months backed up when I bought mine 1.5 months ago now, I'm still waiting for mine to show up.

#11289 5 years ago

I made a custom sound rom for fun, I think it's a little less shitty then the original music.
+1 on the newton ball, it changes the game for the better.

LE Remix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XbIq2_L4wTOL8CB0Q3KmN4qM7eNm-W-y/view?usp=sharing

pro remix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iOv9I_QhYXNXqL1bxDJZwX4JiYSc63Xe/view?usp=sharing

#11290 5 years ago

Play it a few times before you immediately jump in to the Newton ball mod. Having played both, I found that I much preferred the original bash toy on mine. X-Men plays best when it plays tough, and the bash toy makes the Beast shot hard to hit. The newton ball really opens it up, to the game's detriment in my opinion.

Some people prefer one, some prefer the other- neither is objectively best, so just saying, just because a bunch of people have done the mod doesn't mean it's necessarily an upgrade or a must-do.

#11291 5 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Play it a few times before you immediately jump in to the Newton ball mod. Having played both, I found that I much preferred the original bash toy on mine. X-Men plays best when it plays tough, and the bash toy makes the Beast shot hard to hit. The newton ball really opens it up, to the game's detriment in my opinion.
Some people prefer one, some prefer the other- neither is objectively best, so just saying, just because a bunch of people have done the mod doesn't mean it's necessarily an upgrade or a must-do.

Good advice. I just thought the original Wolverine was to big / not to scale..... He might make a good topper!

#11292 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I made a custom sound rom for fun, I think it's a little less shitty then the original music.
+1 on the newton ball, it changes the game for the better.
LE Remix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XbIq2_L4wTOL8CB0Q3KmN4qM7eNm-W-y/view?usp=sharing
pro remix
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iOv9I_QhYXNXqL1bxDJZwX4JiYSc63Xe/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for posting! So is the music just changed, or are there different call outs as well?

#11293 5 years ago

The thing I like about the newton ball mod is that the wolverine shot actually becomes a shot. My wife flailed for about 10 seconds before getting wolverine mulitball with the bash toy. The newton ball makes the shot slightly more precise and intentional. The additional challenge on the Beast shot is lost as mentioned previously but I still prefer the newton ball mod.

I went with a Bowen Wolverine that will likely shatter as soon as it is hit with an airball, but I like it. Had to cut it down to make it fit though. Have velcro and a blue flipper rubber holding him in place, gonna switch out to black though.

Wolvie (resized).JPGWolvie (resized).JPG
#11294 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the right side top Nightcrawler plastic? It didn't come in the full plastic set and I don't see a part number for it in the manual, although I am using the online manual so I could be missing that. I haven't seen if for sale anywhere. Someone tightened the screws down too tight and cracked it so I would like to replace it. I suppose I could make my own if I can't track one down. Any help is appreciated.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#11295 5 years ago

Added 6” legend figures to appropriate shots.

DBB3C403-8FFA-4748-8A92-5BD218E67B9E (resized).jpegDBB3C403-8FFA-4748-8A92-5BD218E67B9E (resized).jpeg
#11296 5 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I second this opinion. I like that it makes the beast and xavier shots tighter and my kids love that they get a multiball every game they play (so much to the point that they don't touch LOTR anymore). If you keep the original Wolvie, mezelmods makes a protector that keeps you from destroying the bash toy.

#11297 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ya put cliffys on both magnets. No spinning disc on pro....

20180815_201012 (resized).jpg20180815_201012 (resized).jpg
#11298 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Why not mirrored art blades?

IMG_20180519_005943.jpgIMG_20180519_005943.jpg
#11299 5 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Why not mirrored art blades?
[quoted image]

Got em, just haven't added yet. I'm led-ing the playfield and won't add em till I'm done... well mirrored, but no art - those are cool!

#11300 5 years ago

I wont order anything until I get the game anyway, so I will undoubtedly be able to play with the orginal wolverine. I do enjoy hitting a newton ball vs a bash toy though and plus I dont care for the original molded toys on the game. But I will give it a go regardless! I really cant wait until Sunday to get this game. I'm gonna be spending time at the cabin, otherwise I'd be on my way already!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/226 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.