(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 251.
#11201 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

¡OSCURO PHOENIX OTRA VEZ!
Qué modo genial de asistente. 130,000,000+ solo en eso.
Fui 1 Ice Man desde la Sala de Peligros. Todavía nunca llegué allí. ¡Estoy cansado!

God game!!!!!!!! Enhorabuena!!!!

#11202 5 years ago

It is with great sadness that I must report that today I left the X-Men Pro members only club. You will be missed. Vaya con Dios muchacho...

IMAG0490 (resized).jpgIMAG0490 (resized).jpg

#11203 5 years ago

It is with great exuberance that I can report that my absence from the X-Men Club lasted only 3 hours. I rejoined the X-Men Club tonight with a Magento LE #246. Only sold my Pro to pickup the LE. Pro is going back on route here locally (only one on route in the entire state) and I picked up the LE for a great price. Win/Win. Now I can move my Color DMD and other goodies over to it during this long holiday weekend. It's good to be back!

Capture2 (resized).jpgCapture2 (resized).jpg

#11204 5 years ago

Anyone else consider dropping the coil down one strength level for the upper right flipper? I think that would help with a lot of the reject issues on beast and storm combos from beast.

#11205 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else consider dropping the coil down one strength level for the upper right flipper? I think that would help with a lot of the reject issues on beast and storm combos from beast.

I tried it. It works minmially better. Try leveling your magneto spinning disk. BIG adjustment i just made was the leaf switches for hellfire and brotherhood. I had to hit them with full force to register before. Now i get to see them more often

#11206 5 years ago

What coil did you use?

#11207 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What coil did you use?

I thought you meant the setting in the adjustment menu

#11208 5 years ago

Ahh, I already tried that. Didn’t do much for me.

The upper right flipper coil on X-men is the same as the lower flippers. That seems way too strong for the shots from the upper flipper.

I’m going to try either a 5062 or a 5030. X-men uses a 5032 which is just a little stronger than the 5030.

#11209 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, since I sold my X-Men Pro for the LE, I don't need my Stern Blue Translucent Apron anymore. It looks like it was made for the X-Men Pro. Any questions, just ask.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/64737

x1 (resized).jpgx1 (resized).jpg

#11210 5 years ago

Can someone point me please to the updated file for the LE with the custom music etc.

#11211 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Can someone point me please to the updated file for the LE with the custom music etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game

Is this what you are looking for?

#11213 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I rejoined the X-Men Club tonight with a Magento LE #246

Hey, not 100% positive, but it looks like all your GI was replaced with white bulbs in your Magneto LE. The GI should be red, white, and blue, and they're all controlled to light the game with different colors depending on what mode / hero / villain you are in. Color locations are in the manual, and I believe the wiring is color coded as well to make it easy. If I were you, I'd take a look at that and go back to the original lighting - much better effect. I used 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet in all the GI, and it's lit perfectly.

#11214 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Hey, not 100% positive, but it looks like all your GI was replaced with white bulbs in your Magneto LE. The GI should be red, white, and blue, and they're all controlled to light the game with different colors depending on what mode / hero / villain you are in. Color locations are in the manual, and I believe the wiring is color coded as well to make it easy. If I were you, I'd take a look at that and go back to the original lighting - much better effect. I used 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet in all the GI, and it's lit perfectly.

Thanks for posting. I hadn't dug deep into it, but I was looking at that. There is one small spot on each side where there are red / blue LEDs. I will take a closer look.

#11215 5 years ago

Ok fellow X-Men members. I need your help. I'm looking for a few things to get Magneto back into tip top shape. First thing I need are both Blackbird scoop plastics. I know they are in the full plastic set, but does anyone have any they would sell as I would rather not buy the whole set? Second, the right ramp Nightcrawler plastic is all cracked up. It's the one that sits on top of the mech and is flush with the playfield when it is lowered. I didn't see that plastic in the plastic set, so I am not even sure where you can get that one. Finally, my Wolverine is really low on the playfield. Basically sitting right on it. He registers hits, but the ball will get stuck under his right arm. Is there a way to raise him up? He wasn't that low on my Pro and I never had a problem with him or shooting the Beast shot. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#11216 5 years ago

Anybody new a set of new slings or any other X-men plastic? I was thinking of buying a plastic set and I don't need either sets of sling plastics it comes with. Mainly buying it for the Blackbird plastics and a couple others. Let me know if there is a plastic you need.

#11217 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok fellow X-Men members. I need your help. I'm looking for a few things to get Magneto back into tip top shape. First thing I need are both Blackbird scoop plastics. I know they are in the full plastic set, but does anyone have any they would sell as I would rather not buy the whole set? Second, the right ramp Nightcrawler plastic is all cracked up. It's the one that sits on top of the mech and is flush with the playfield when it is lowered. I didn't see that plastic in the plastic set, so I am not even sure where you can get that one. Finally, my Wolverine is really low on the playfield. Basically sitting right on it. He registers hits, but the ball will get stuck under his right arm. Is there a way to raise him up? He wasn't that low on my Pro and I never had a problem with him or shooting the Beast shot. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There’s two screws in his back. From memory you’ll have to move a couple of things behind him to get to them. But the best way is to buy the newton ball mod. It’s AWESOME! It just makes the game so much better!

#11218 5 years ago

An alternative to the newton ball mod is the mezel mod wolverine protector. I installed it on mine and like how it plays...it would lift wolvies arms up a bit as a result potentially fixing it in the way you were looking for.

#11219 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

But the best way is to buy the newton ball mod. It’s AWESOME! It just makes the game so much better!

+100

rd

#11220 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the Xavier scoop dropping ball on right side of ramp and ball landing in middle of the play field instead of coming down the left ramp? I added plastic protectors to the game under every plastic and I am wondering if that is the issue???

#11221 5 years ago
Quoted from DaddyR1013:

Has anyone had an issue with the Xavier scoop dropping ball on right side of ramp and ball landing in middle of the play field instead of coming down the left ramp? I added plastic protectors to the game under every plastic and I am wondering if that is the issue???

I haven’t

#11222 5 years ago
Quoted from DaddyR1013:

I had this happen for the first time last week. So far it is a one time thing. I do not have plastic protectors.

#11223 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It is with great sadness that I must report that today I left the X-Men Pro members only club. You will be missed. Vaya con Dios muchacho...

I never knew Deadpool was on the side art of Magneto. That’s really neat!!

#11224 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I never knew Deadpool was on the side art of Magneto. That’s really neat!!

Didn't even realize! Very cool.

1 week later
#11225 5 years ago

hello, I'm tearing down the playfield.
replacing rubbers, cleaning, replacing post etc.
When I was cleaning I saw a black nylon spacer sitting on the backboard... shit. Those damn things are so sneaky at hiding under plastics.

I know one goes under the left side of the blackbird plastic.
does anyone know where the other one goes?

Feel like the more I do this the less pictures I take. The first game I ever tore down I had like 70 pictures, now I have like 10 maybe.

#11226 5 years ago

anyone?

#11227 5 years ago

AH HA never mind

#11229 5 years ago

X-men Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers in red. The picture looks a little orange, but they are blood red.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01710-x-men-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-red

0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0 4 sterns (resized).jpg0616181728_resized (resized).jpg0616181728_resized (resized).jpg0616181729_resized (resized).jpg0616181729_resized (resized).jpg0616181729a_resized (resized).jpg0616181729a_resized (resized).jpg
#11230 5 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

So where did it belong?

Pretty sure they both go under the blackbird sign btwn the plastics.... I think.
I had memories of only using one a long time ago, so I was really confused.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

#11231 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

X-men Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers in red. The picture looks a little orange, but they are blood red.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01710-x-men-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-red

those do look pretty neat, where do the wires go in.
I've always liked the lighted mods, but if you do one you have to do them all.

#11232 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Odd looking X-men you have their. Almost looks like an Aerosmith

Quoted from hocuslocus:

Pretty sure they both go under the blackbird sign btwn the plastics.... I think.
I had memories of only using one a long time ago, so I was really confused.
If I'm wrong, let me know.

Yes, one goes with each post to raise the top plastic up a bit (to allow room for the light).

#11233 5 years ago

Anyone have an issue with or fix for LEDs popping out of the blackbird socket? I bought a new one from PBL and installed it but after playing only a few games the light would repeatably eject from the socket from the force of the ball leaving underneath. Otherwise, it worked fine....

#11234 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

Anyone have an issue with or fix for LEDs popping out of the blackbird socket? I bought a new one from PBL and installed it but after playing only a few games the light would repeatably eject from the socket from the force of the ball leaving underneath. Otherwise, it worked fine....

Electrical tape wrapped around the LED to make the fit more snug or a dab of hot glue. Both will help hold it in.

#11235 5 years ago

+1 for a single wrap of electrical tape

#11236 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, one goes with each post to raise the top plastic up a bit (to allow room for the light).

that's what seem to make sense, it was really hard to tell from the pics I had though. Thanks

ok, everything is back together, just play testing now. one issue I think.

it's the diverter in the back,
shooting a lock into magneto from the right orbit misses if the ball isn't traveling at a certain speed. Is this normal behavior or is the diverter coil supposed to stay engaged longer than a split second?

my fault for not playing this much before tearing it down.

#11237 5 years ago

AH HA, nevermind.

I took the diverter out, but when reinstalling I tightened the plunger to far away from the coil stop via the alan screw.
sorry I've been thinking about this one for like a day, just get tired of dealing with issues sometimes ya know.

2 weeks later
#11238 5 years ago

Really love this game (Wolvie LE) and have been playing a ton. Both magnets died, and I don't have the correct fuse on hand. I am hoping there are not any underlying issues, everything else seems to looks good.

Braden (MedCityPinball)

IMAG3021 (resized).jpgIMAG3021 (resized).jpg
#11239 5 years ago

Another magnet question. Just replaced the magnet in front of Wolvie, no problem getting it out but in putting a new one back noticed it wasn't exactly flush with the surface. I decided to make the down hill portion flush with the back closer to woverine raised slightly higher than the table. I thought this was better than having a lip at the bottom of the magnet, although the upper portion of the magnet seems to have less open space around it than the top. Right choice or should I take it out and try to file the top a bit?

#11240 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

Another magnet question. Just replaced the magnet in front of Wolvie, no problem getting it out but in putting a new one back noticed it wasn't exactly flush with the surface. I decided to make the down hill portion flush with the back closer to woverine raised slightly higher than the table. I thought this was better than having a lip at the bottom of the magnet, although the upper portion of the magnet seems to have less open space around it than the top. Right choice or should I take it out and try to file the top a bit?

I'd figure out why it isn't sitting flush. If the magnet core itself is angled, I would grid it flat, or ask the place you bought it from for a new one.

#11241 5 years ago
Quoted from C_S_S:

That way is safer but can lead to more issues with mushrooming of the magnet core. If it's not flush then something is off.

#11242 5 years ago

Hi, couple of questions. So from the coil chart #30 magneto spotlight flash isn't working. Is this spotlight normally on or off? And then just flashes when working? The Magneto figure flash isn't working either. I assume it's in Magneto. How do you take Magneto off to get to it? Both of these bulbs are listed as Stern part 165-5032-00. Can't find these. Is there another part number I can use??

Thanks,
Tslayer

#11243 5 years ago

An odd question, but if anyone has a spare LE backglass (either Magneto or Wolverine) and is looking to make a few bucks off it send me a pm.

Long shot I know, but who knows, perhaps someone preferred the pro translight.

#11244 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Hi, couple of questions. So from the coil chart #30 magneto spotlight flash isn't working. Is this spotlight normally on or off? And then just flashes when working? The Magneto figure flash isn't working either. I assume it's in Magneto. How do you take Magneto off to get to it? Both of these bulbs are listed as Stern part 165-5032-00. Can't find these. Is there another part number I can use??
Thanks,
Tslayer

Don't have my game anymore, but magneto comes out very easily, just a few pieces holding him in.

As for the flashers, they are not on all the time. Did you go into flash test mode with coindoor closed and test them?

#11245 5 years ago

I believe that spot light is a #161 bulb. You can use a 906 in stead. Do not use a 555. It will blow instantly

#11246 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Don't have my game anymore, but magneto comes out very easily, just a few pieces holding him in.
As for the flashers, they are not on all the time. Did you go into flash test mode with coindoor closed and test them?

So some screws holding Magneto? Yea I tested all the coils/flashers and those two didn't work....

#11247 5 years ago

So Magneto just pulls off - no screws?

#11248 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So Magneto just pulls off - no screws?

No. He is attached to the right side plastic when you are looking at the game. You have to take that off, then he is screwed to the plastic itself with 3 screws. It's a wonky setup, especially with the opto screw heads right underneath. I am in the process of shopping out my Magneto LE so i've been experiencing it first hand.

#11249 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

Both magnets died, and I don't have the correct fuse on hand.

Blown fuse was 3A, my manual has 4A for F7.

I also started having the iceman ramp stop in the middle of the playfield and run at strange times. The ramp was a little lose on the post and the home switch wasn't registering. Tightening the ramp and adjusting the switch resolved everything. Happy to have X-men back to 100%

#11250 5 years ago

Hi guys my xmen pro is loosing power during a game the flippers will just stop working does anyone know where the problem is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/225?hl=daddyr1013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.