(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 251.
#11151 6 years ago

Anyone want to help me switch the music over to songs from this album?
https://masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/

It's been in the back of my mind for a while and I am just not getting around to it. I think it would be awesome though!

#11152 6 years ago

is it normal that the lock magneto rise and fall so much during the game ??? sometimes it does not capture well and leaves two balls in play ... because it automatically throws another thinking that the lock captured ... happens to someone else?

#11153 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

is it normal that the lock magneto rise and fall so much during the game ??? sometimes it does not capture well and leaves two balls in play ... because it automatically throws another thinking that the lock captured ... happens to someone else?

Sometimes it does leave a second ball in play. It's a timing issue that can be tweaked by changing the playfield slope. Also make sure you are on the latest code... it was worse in early versions of the code.

#11154 6 years ago

to!!!!!!! I had not thought about that .... I imagine that it will be necessary to put less back height, I do not think that the code is the last one, I have a custom code on my machine that was published recently here ... I imagine I would use the last one ... I really like this machine but that mistake is driving me crazy ...

#11155 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

to!!!!!!! I had not thought about that .... I imagine that it will be necessary to put less back height, I do not think that the code is the last one, I have a custom code on my machine that was published recently here ... I imagine I would use the last one ... I really like this machine but that mistake is driving me crazy ...

it's v1-51
sometimes also goes up and down the posts a couple of times without having given anything ... and in the test is all well optos and swith

#11156 6 years ago

Have you tried cleaning the optos?
Use a cotton swab.
Optos may need adjustments as well.

#11157 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Sometimes it does leave a second ball in play. It's a timing issue that can be tweaked by changing the playfield slope. Also make sure you are on the latest code... it was worse in early versions of the code.

Do not change the slope of your machine to tweak this. There is a setting in the adjustments to affect this timing. Most still will let two balls out occasionally...just the nature of the beast with this type of release I think.

#11158 6 years ago

where is that option in the settings?
then clean the optos as you recommend

#11159 6 years ago

when I have the game with the virtual ball close there is no problem ... but when it is in the normal option the poles do not stop going down and up constantly, also drains the ball and does not detect it .. in the virtual close no problem ..It is strange that in the test test does not fail anything ... neither optos nor switch or anything .. this has me crazy and does not let me enjoy the game ... this problem will get you to sell the game ... a shame

#11160 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

where is that option in the settings?
then clean the optos as you recommend

Not sure the adjustment number off the top of my head, but will try to remember to look when I get home from work tonight. It is in the X-Men specific adjustments though. Something along with line of lock timing, and I believe the adjustment is in milliseconds.

Reading your posts again though, it sounds like you have a bigger issue if the lock is constantly cycling up and down. That tells me you have a switch problem. Probably a dirty or bad opto, or bad connection going to it. Here is an older thread that sounds like the same issue as you are having, and it came down to a bad opto:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-magneto-lock-constantly-cycling

#11161 6 years ago

okkkkkkkkk thank you I'll be attentive to your publication in case you remember the adjustment, I'll look at the link you added ... the weird thing is that in the test tests there is no fault ... all the mechanisms respond perfectly

2 weeks later
#11162 6 years ago

FINALLY in the Brotherhood. Near perfect Magneto. Put a new Wolverine in temporarily but will mount permanently soon.

REAL deep, fun game.

IMG_7669 (resized).jpgIMG_7669 (resized).jpg

#11163 6 years ago

I found the adjustment number and put it in 22 microseconds
, it seems that it is better, also eliminate the problem with the lock magnet, had an evil receptor ... I had to disassemble the two ramps but it is already perfect

IMG_20180414_021854 (resized).jpgIMG_20180414_021854 (resized).jpg

#11164 5 years ago

Does anyone have Pictures of the nightcrawler light mod. Or Pictures of it under the Playfield. What is it lights on a switch? Thanks

#11165 5 years ago

Holy **** Dark Phoenix! Man that was fun. Precursor to Encore in ACDC? That's what it felt like anyway. LOVE this game. Fun to shoot!

IMG_7799 (resized).jpgIMG_7799 (resized).jpg

IMG_7800 (resized).JPGIMG_7800 (resized).JPG

#11166 5 years ago

Congrats Man!

Been there twice, and what a Rush!

Not quite as hard to get to as Valinor ... but not far. Especially considering how hard this game can get with the magnets.

Combo city! Bet you got some help from Deadpool.

#11167 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Holy **** Dark Phoenix! Man that was fun. Precursor to Encore in ACDC? That's what it felt like anyway. LOVE this game. Fun to shoot!

Congrats, dude! I owned the game for several years and never made it there once.

#11168 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Geez...I've never even sniffed Dark Phoenix! I've managed Danger Room maybe 3-4 times in the six years I've owned it. Love the game, but find it really difficult to get far in. Nice work!

#11169 5 years ago

I'd love to know how all who have been to dark phoneix have had the machine setup? (stacking/non-staking, easy/std/hard rules, extra/ # of balls setups). Gweem had his setup pretty standard and I've been against changing it to make it easier to obtain some of these goals (for now...)

#11170 5 years ago

There a couple ways to make getting to Dark Pheonix easier. Use deadpool to your advantage. I won't start hellfire mb or shadowking until he's ready. Standard rules qualify deadpool every 10 combos so it's not to hard to always have him ready by ball 2. The cyclops-storm and iceman-xavior shots can stack combos quickly once you have them dialed, the Cyclops-storm combo is gonna be your go to once dark phoenix begins. Stack villains with multiballs. I usually do sabertooth with magneto mb and either sentinels or juggernaut with wolvie mb. Also once you have qualified hellfire or brotherhood mb from hitting the standups it will light a villain at the scoop. Don't start either mb until you have defeated most of the others. Once the villain mode ends you just need a single hit to the standups to relight the villains again. Dark phoenix is a funny wizard mode being only a single ball. The final animations once completed are awesome but the callouts during it are terrible.

#11171 5 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Does anyone have Pictures of the nightcrawler light mod. Or Pictures of it under the Playfield. What is it lights on a switch? Thanks

Yes or no on the switch, up to ur install abilities. Based on my knowledge from Gweem who installed them on mine you can wire them up so their on all the time, or if you install switches the turn on only when nightcrawler is up.

0EF36BAA-8AE1-4426-8C5B-703C229107F9 (resized).jpeg0EF36BAA-8AE1-4426-8C5B-703C229107F9 (resized).jpeg

70D58939-CEA3-48FC-B3C2-EC065A6217AB (resized).jpeg70D58939-CEA3-48FC-B3C2-EC065A6217AB (resized).jpeg

BFC3B776-8FFA-45D1-9412-B625B417E084 (resized).jpegBFC3B776-8FFA-45D1-9412-B625B417E084 (resized).jpeg

#11172 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Geez...I've never even sniffed Dark Phoenix! I've managed Danger Room maybe 3-4 times in the six years I've owned it. Love the game, but find it really difficult to get far in. Nice work!

I have to say, I haven’t changed any settings since I got it so I’m not exactly sure what it is set on. I can stack a villain after starting a hero, but not vice versa.

This game was amazing though. I hit everything I wanted except for Cyclops. It was the last holdout. Took 3 attempts to finally beat the mode.

So, no Danger a Room. Right to Dark Phoenix.

The shots are amazing in this pin. I like the callouts in the pin for the most part. Beast makes me want to kick a puppy though.

#11173 5 years ago

I'm fairly new to the club, but absolutely LOVING this game. Grabbed a Magneto LE a couple weeks ago. Great shots, great rules, amazing features. Question for other LE owners - on my game, the original 2-LED GI bulbs were all either really dull, half burnt, or totally burnt out. I went through and replaced them all (making sure to get the correct colors everywhere) with 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet. Man, what a difference!! The game looks absolutely amazing now! has anyone else had to do this? What the heck was wrong with those stock LED's??

IMG_6779 (resized).jpgIMG_6779 (resized).jpg

IMG_6782 (resized).jpgIMG_6782 (resized).jpg

#11174 5 years ago

Thats a pretty accurate statement. in 2012, the bulbs cointaker/stern were using were the brightest at the time. However 6 years later those same 2LED bulbs by comet and cointaker are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter. I've replaced mine too with the latest non-ghosting 2LED version. Great game ... love it.

Quoted from dmieczko:

I'm fairly new to the club, but absolutely LOVING this game. Grabbed a Magneto LE a couple weeks ago. Great shots, great rules, amazing features. Question for other LE owners - on my game, the original 2-LED GI bulbs were all either really dull, half burnt, or totally burnt out. I went through and replaced them all (making sure to get the correct colors everywhere) with 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet. Man, what a difference!! The game looks absolutely amazing now! has anyone else had to do this? What the heck was wrong with those stock LED's??

#11175 5 years ago

I have a backbox panel mod that I was supposed to supply to someone at Pinfest, but it didn’t work out. Normally we charge $199 plus shipping for it, but I’m discounting it to $125 shipped. It’s for a pro, which I don’t have so can’t supply pics. It’s rgb and custom color matched to the pro trans light.

You can get an idea of what these do from our website. Pm me if you are interested or need more info.

https://lermods.com/t/pinball-machine-backbox-mods

#11176 5 years ago

Lamp #63 is the lamp in Wolverine's head. It works in test mode but I've never seen it go off during a game or attract mode & I have the lamp out because I did the newton ball mod so it is definitely visible to me.
Anyone have any insight on this?

#11177 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Lamp #63 is the lamp in Wolverine's head. It works in test mode but I've never seen it go off during a game or attract mode & I have the lamp out because I did the newton ball mod so it is definitely visible to me.

I got really of that light and instead installed a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine 12v flasher insert.

#11178 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I got really of that light and instead installed a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine 12v flasher insert.

No a bad idea, especially if the lamp doesn't do anything. You using a 555 bulb or flasher bulb?

#11179 5 years ago

Yep, the programmers never added that lamp to the gamecode, so it only works in test.

Quoted from robx46:

#11180 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

No a bad idea, especially if the lamp doesn't do anything. You using a 555 bulb or flasher bulb?

You can get a 12v wedge type bulb from comet. Can't use 555 as they are 6v.

#11181 5 years ago

Looks like I'm out of the club. Really thought this was going to be a keeper pin for me but I could never fall in love with the rule integration of the pin based off my personal playing style. Still a great game but just not my cup of tea.

The new owner didn't want the factory Wolverine or Magneto figures so I've posted them for sale here - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63966

#11182 5 years ago

Long live the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants! Magneto LE #125 in the house. Everything working great so far, but I wonder if I should disable the Ice-Man ramp as I have heard people say it will give me problems eventually.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

#11183 5 years ago

In a summer reorganization mode,Need to sell a few things,I hope no one buys it but here it is!

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “X-men magneto Le,$5300 with color dmd or $5000 with original red dmd firm.”
2018-05-10
Klamath Falls, OR
5,300 (Firm)
Archived after: 44 days
Viewed: 327 times

#11184 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Long live the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants! Magneto LE #125 in the house. Everything working great so far, but I wonder if I should disable the Ice-Man ramp as I have heard people say it will give me problems eventually.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks.

I like the Iceman ramp and would never disable it. It's one of the features that helps to make the LE special.

#11185 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I like the Iceman ramp and would never disable it. It's one of the features that helps to make the LE special.

Hear hear.

The only problem people have with it, is they shoot it when they shouldn’t and the ball flies down the middle.

Solution: don’t do that.

rd

#11186 5 years ago

Oh ok, I thought the mechanism was unreliable.

#11187 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Oh ok, I thought the mechanism was unreliable.

Nope...the mech is great. You may have to adjust the microswitches at the ends but other than that it's been just fine for me. People just get butthurt when they drain from a poorly timed shot. If you shoot it while it is moving, you are taking a big risk. That's part of the game, not a flaw. Of the LE features, this one is probably my least favorite, but I still can't imagine disabling it. It adds a nice dynamic to the game. It is not only used in the Iceman mode (which gives the mode a unique, well themed feel..."let me move this path for you"), but also during Magneto multiball (adding to the chaos of the mode), and it also moves during long combos to give additional combo shot possibilities. It's really well integrated in multiple ways...not just there for the sake of being there.

#11188 5 years ago

The one thing I've heard people complain about the iceman ramp was when it crosses over it blocks a good protion of the playfield from view so you can't see where you are shooting. Some say stern should have made the iceman ramp clear or see through. Is there any truth to that LE owners??

#11189 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The one thing I've heard people complain about the iceman ramp was when it crosses over it blocks a good protion of the playfield from view so you can't see where you are shooting. Some say stern should have made the iceman ramp clear or see through. Is there any truth to that LE owners??

I'd say it appears a bit more bulky than a regular wireform, but I never thought it blocked my view of any shots. I'll pay more attention next time I play it, but it's never bothered me. I will agree that a clear ramp would have been nicer and been more like "ice", but it would have been tricky to make it strong enough to cantilever over the playfield like that.

#11190 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'd say it appears a bit more bulky than a regular wireform, but I never thought it blocked my view of any shots. I'll pay more attention next time I play it, but it's never bothered me. I will agree that a clear ramp would have been nicer and been more like "ice", but it would have been tricky to make it strong enough to cantilever over the playfield like that.

It only blocks view of the playfield when it crosses over to the wolverine side apparently. I wouldn't know because any LE I've ever played has had it disabled for that reason.

#11191 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It only blocks view of the playfield when it crosses over to the wolverine side apparently. I wouldn't know because any LE I've ever played has had it disabled for that reason.

Correct...it doesn't block any view when it is in it's "home" position which is the vast majority of the time. And even when it moves I never felt like it blocked anything. A little bulky yes, but we're not talking Groot arms here.

#11192 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Correct...it doesn't block any view when it is in it's "home" position which is the vast majority of the time. And even when it moves I never felt like it blocked anything. A little bulky yes, but we're not talking Groot arms here.

I find it does block the right inlanes when it’s in the home position.

#11193 5 years ago

The only two problems I ever had with the right LE ramp was 9friend owned one):
- It doesn't feed the ball to the inlane like the pro does, thus making starting blackbird and villan modes much more difficult as now only the left ramp/Xavier shots feed an inlane switch.
- The feed from the ramp to the right flipper. Never felt smooth.

The movement of the ramp added to the strategy of when to shoot it so I din't mind it that much. It was because of the two items above though that I eventually bought the pro.

#11194 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- It doesn't feed the ball to the inlane like the pro does, thus making starting blackbird and villan modes much more difficult as now only the left ramp/Xavier shots feed an inlane switch.
The movement of the ramp added to the strategy of when to shoot it so I din't mind it that much. It was because of the two items above though that I eventually bought the pro.

Simple solution hit the Hellfire or brotherhood targets to get them ready and start other villains before you start those multiballs. Then once you finish that villain hit the brotherhood or Hellfire targets once and hey presto you’re ready to start another villain

#11195 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The inlane switch thing is a bummer that I forgot all about. I guess I've lived with it so long that it doesn't bother me anymore, but it does suck. I wish they would have moved the switches down a bit if they couldn't drop the ball further up. As Audioenslaved mentions above though, the HF/BH targets are definitely the easier way to light villains either way though.

The feed can be adjusted. The design does lead to a slight bobble before it drops in (like may ramp designs), but that shouldn't be affecting the feed from the inlane to the flipper. If you aren't getting a smooth feed to the flipper itself, something must be out of alignment.

I love the extras in the LE, but I can definitely see that some people would prefer the pro. Great game in any configuration!

#11196 5 years ago

Theme integration = Mags spinning magnetic disk + Iceman's gliding ramp + Nightcrawler popping in and out of the playfield.

One of the best LE upgrades to date.

Take all that any day over the lower playfield on AC/DC or the upper one on Game of Thrones.

#11197 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Simple solution hit the Hellfire or brotherhood targets to get them ready and start other villains before you start those multiballs. Then once you finish that villain hit the brotherhood or Hellfire targets once and hey presto you’re ready to start another villain

Works for Villain but not for blackbird. Makes skillfull play during MB to get an add a ball much harder.

I always felt the ultimate Players X-men would be the LE with a Pro Right ramp. I wont ever argue against the coolness or theme integration of the right ramp on the LE but from an overall game play feeling I just never preferred it.

#11198 5 years ago

Once you get good at hitting the Xavier shot, it's very easy to get the ball to the left inlane from an Iceman ramp feed.

#11199 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Once you get good at hitting the Xavier shot, it's very easy to get the ball to the left inlane from an Iceman ramp feed.

Agreed. One of my favorite shots. Cyclops is a great shot too to try and feed the upper right flipper. Ice Man is the toughest, not because of the moving ramp, just the positioning.

#11200 5 years ago

DARK PHOENIX AGAIN!

What a cool wizard mode. 130,000,000+ in that alone.

I was 1 Ice Man shot from Danger Room. Still never got there. I’m tired!

730BA1BB-DE2C-4976-B08B-9BFF585439FD (resized).jpeg730BA1BB-DE2C-4976-B08B-9BFF585439FD (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.