(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 251.
#11101 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Thanks for the updates DugFreez and TimeBandit on lamp#63; that is crazy that they went to the effort to put in the wiring and a separate circuit, which is used only in attract mode. I wish it would light when the Wolverine is running that way we could have it turn on a spotlight or something.

You can wire up a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine flasher on the Playfield with that effect. I did it on my game.

#11102 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can wire up a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine flasher on the Playfield with that effect. I did it on my game.

Sure, that would be a great idea. I have attached a photo of my new wolverine and also a photo from under the playfield so you can help ID where to connect the flasher to. Thank you for the help

IMG_2930 (resized).jpgIMG_2930 (resized).jpg
IMG_2932 (resized).jpgIMG_2932 (resized).jpg

#11103 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Playing 1.51? or the often un-updated 1.5? As everything I have ever read about the latest code (1.51) says the villains DO NOT reset and there is no 2nd loop or do again on them after they are completed.
This was a major reason of why many people didn't update from 1.5 to 1.51. I think fixing the ball lock timing fix in 1.51 made it worth the update alone.

Mine has been on 1.51 since I got it, I can guarantee that you can replay the villains again once dark phoenix ends.

#11104 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Sure, that would be a great idea. I have attached a photo of my new wolverine and also a photo from under the playfield so you can help ID where to connect the flasher to. Thank you for the help

You're gonna burn your retinas out without a frosted dome on that scoop bulb.

#11105 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Connect it to the flasher socket. Either solder wires on to the lugs or use alligator clips. Orange is the power, black is the signal/ground.

#11106 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

For the people who replaced Wolverine with the Newton mod and a mini bust, do you have any issues with the Quake putty and lifting the playfield? Or has everything stuck okay?

I used the museum putty stuff and the bust would fall over after a couple weeks. I used a small l bracket behind him and hot glued it. No issues since.

#11107 6 years ago
Quoted from KenM:

I used the museum putty stuff and the bust would fall over after a couple weeks. I used a small l bracket behind him and hot glued it. No issues since.

Do you have a picture? I have him in my hands right now about to go on.

#11108 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Do you have a picture? I have him in my hands right now about to go on.

Going to assume it's about the same as mine.

The bust is porcelain so I just drilled a small hole in his back and put a small screw in it. Solid as a rock with the Velcro on the bottom as well.

615cc8a42be3f20b99ff812a6c793f18016f99c4 (resized).jpg615cc8a42be3f20b99ff812a6c793f18016f99c4 (resized).jpg

#11109 6 years ago

Thanks for the idea on the flasher I will give it a try.
I am building a Blackbird that lights up that will take the place of the red LED above the scoop.
I have attached a photo of how I attached wolverine.
Drill the bottom of wolverine with one hole,
Insert a soft lead plug like you would put in concrete,
I used JB Weld but it was overkill,
Let dry overnight,
Mount wolverine to blue plastic,
Screw blue plastic down on mod,
Works great and easy to take off if needed.
Wolverine came from ebay (used).

IMG_2928 (resized).jpgIMG_2928 (resized).jpg

#11110 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to assume it's about the same as mine.
The bust is porcelain so I just drilled a small hole in his back and put a small screw in it. Solid as a rock with the Velcro on the bottom as well.

Thanks. Got the smallest bracket they had. Screw popped out once it was in so I ended up using some epoxy on the screw. Bracket + quake putty so hopefully he's not going anywhere.
2 mods to go and then I'm finally done.

#11111 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Thanks for the idea on the flasher I will give it a try.
I am building a Blackbird that lights up that will take the place of the red LED above the scoop.
I have attached a photo of how I attached wolverine.
Drill the bottom of wolverine with one hole,
Insert a soft lead plug like you would put in concrete,
I used JB Weld but it was overkill,
Let dry overnight,
Mount wolverine to blue plastic,
Screw blue plastic down on mod,
Works great and easy to take off if needed.
Wolverine came from ebay (used).

Yikes.. Be careful for that wolvie magnet core before it starts damaging your playfield. You might want to get that out and replaced before it turn into a nightmare.

mag (resized).jpgmag (resized).jpg

#11112 6 years ago

Hey guys joining the club friday. Can someone point me in the direction of a good wolverine replacement and must have mods. Ive heard theres some pinbrowser work that enhances the game. Game already has color dmd, shaker and i got pinstadiums. Any other suggestions on good additions

#11113 6 years ago

There’s a lot of mod potential with this game. Best mod is the mezel newton ball replacement. Undercab lighting works well on this game, very active. Search eBay for Wolverine figures. Shaker, side mirrors. Get rid of the stock magneto. Speaker lights.

Here’s a few mods we sell for ideas.

https://lermods.com/t/x-men-pinball-mods

20171124_115650 (resized).jpg20171124_115650 (resized).jpg

#11114 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There’s a lot of mod potential with this game. Best mod is the mezel newton ball replacement. Undercab lighting works well on this game, very active. Search eBay for Wolverine figures. Shaker, side mirrors. Get rid of the stock magneto. Speaker lights.

Got a link for that magneto? And wolverine?

#11115 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Got a link for that magneto? And wolverine?

Magneto

ebay.com link: 0

Wolverine I used, I cut him at the waist.

ebay.com link: 0

I'm sure you can find them cheaper.

#11116 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

...or a person can get their Speaker Light Kits (along with acrylic designs and various accessories for the light kits) from the person that originally thought up the idea and has been selling them for the past 5+ years at www.speakerlightkits.com

@Lermods, why can't you think of a mod idea of your own instead of copying mine?

when-you-realize-you-dont-have-an-original-idea-of-your-own (resized).jpgwhen-you-realize-you-dont-have-an-original-idea-of-your-own (resized).jpg

#11117 6 years ago

Anyone have the interactive ramp kit installed? Is it worth it?

#11118 6 years ago

What would cause the lower right flipper to stay up until something else fires and the flipper will drop. I've replaced the bushings, coil sleeves and plungers. Flippers have enough play not to bind. The switches look good. Any ideas?

1518908990821880221943 (resized).jpg1518908990821880221943 (resized).jpg

1518909033884559103404 (resized).jpg1518909033884559103404 (resized).jpg

#11119 6 years ago

15189095679602144404737 (resized).jpg15189095679602144404737 (resized).jpg

151890958596275863342 (resized).jpg151890958596275863342 (resized).jpg

#11120 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

What would cause the lower right flipper to stay up until something else fires and the flipper will drop. I've replaced the bushings, coil sleeves and plungers. Flippers have enough play not to bind. The switches look good. Any ideas?

Return spring good?

#11121 6 years ago

Yes looks fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it. I took everything apart and cleaned it. Looked like a little shred of plastic was hanging in the coil sleeve. This might have caused the problem. It seems to work fine now. However, this is the 2nd time I've taken it apart and it seems like a temporary fix.

#11122 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Yes looks fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it. I took everything apart and cleaned it. Looked like a little shred of plastic was hanging in the coil sleeve. This might have caused the problem. It seems to work fine now. However, this is the 2nd time I've taken it apart and it seems like a temporary fix.

I was going to say bad coil sleeve .. but you said you replaced it.

Double check the plunger that it’s nice and smooth as well.

You can always cut a couple of rows off the spring as well, to give it a bit more grunt.

rd

#11123 6 years ago

left the club today / will miss it / already do/ never got to danger room, it was way to short a stay but downsizing must occur ./ May even sell my STLE

#11124 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That coil stop is mushroomed and should be replaced. Probably not the cause though but it can happen.

When you say bushing. Did you replace both the white one that goes through the pf and the metal one in the linkage (in the white part of the plunger). Most miss the second one which can cause stack and binding.

#11125 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That coil stop is mushroomed and should be replaced. Probably not the cause though but it can happen.
When you say bushing. Did you replace both the white one that goes through the pf and the metal one in the linkage (in the white part of the plunger). Most miss the second one which can cause stack and binding.

I wasn't sure how good that coil stop was either, that's why I took a pic. I'm not sure which bushing your referring to. I replaced the plastic going through the playfield.

#11126 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was going to say bad coil sleeve .. but you said you replaced it.
Double check the plunger that it’s nice and smooth as well.
You can always cut a couple of rows off the spring as well, to give it a bit more grunt.
rd

I like the idea of cutting the spring down.
The plungers, elbows, sleeves, buttons and bushing were replaced.

#11127 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I like the idea of cutting the spring down.
The plungers, elbows, sleeves, buttons and bushing were replaced.

Increasing spring pressure feels like a bandaid for the issue unless that spring is bad.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I wasn't sure how good that coil stop was either, that's why I took a pic. I'm not sure which bushing your referring to. I replaced the plastic going through the playfield.

The metal bushing that goes in the white hinge on the plunger.

www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=277

If this bushing is bad it will create play in the linkage. Double check that there is about a credit card thickness between the flipper bat and the white bushing going through the PF.

#11128 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The metal bushing that goes in the white hinge on the plunger.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=277
If this bushing is bad it will create play in the linkage.

I forgot about that bushing. I'm not even sure I put one in, when I installed new plungers. Now I'm wondering how many of my games don't have it. Now, there's a new open can of worms. haha. Thx Vet

#11129 6 years ago

I forgot about that bushing. I'm not even sure I put one in, when I installed new plungers. Now I'm wondering how many of my games don't have it. Now, there's a new open can of worms. haha. Thx Vet

#11130 6 years ago

Does the flipper bat have a little play? Meaning are you able to give it a little wiggle up and down in the rest position with your hand. If the flipper bat is tight against the plastic gushing it could cause the issue. Also if there is too much play, the the same thing could happen. Just a thought.

#11131 6 years ago

Yes, there is just the right amount of wiggle. Thanks Tom

#11132 6 years ago

Anyone have the interactive ramp kit installed? Is it worth it?

this my x-men LE with pinduino interactive apron and ramps

#11133 6 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

this my x-men LE with pinduino interactive apron and ramps
» YouTube video

Kimbo - always bringing the bling!

rd

#11134 6 years ago

OK, I've gotta ask this and potentially take the punishment.

I've had my X-men for a couple months now and I'm a bit confused about some feedback I keep seeing about this game. I keep seeing people post about the depth of the rules and that is why they enjoy the game. I haven't seen this depth so I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something major. Here is what I know:
- Each hero is started by hitting their shot 2-3 times (except Wolverine which I think is 5). When in their mode you are basically shooting their shot again a couple times to complete them.
- Starting a hero advances your magneto JP value and the amount of damage you do to him per shot so it's ideal to start as many as possible before going into magneto.
- 10 combos starts deadpool whom will help complete modes
- you can stack a hero in with a villain but not the other way around
- Wolverine MB has two options for each shot. The correct path advances you faster.
- Villain modes require _ number of shots to complete. They are throughout the PF
- Some how you light a gambit hurry-up shot worth a crap ton of points by shooting the left orbit and the top right pop bumper in sequence.
- Completing 4 modes (I believe) starts nightcrawlers
- Their are 2 wizard modes. One for completing villans and another for completing heros
- You have 4 MB's (not including wizard modes) with Wolverine, Magneto, Hellfire and Brotherhood

The game is still fun as I like the shots but the rules so far feel pretty shallow to me (nothings wrong with that) but since I keep seeing these comments about how deep the code is I figured I'd ask. After watching Bowen's tutorial it didn't help me understand anything I was missing.

#11135 6 years ago

I think the game is difficult. I frequently get near danger room, but never dark phoenix. There is alot to do in the game and it keeps me coming back. I've been to danger room twice in 4 years. There are 8 heroes and 8 villains, so plenty of fun characters to meet and battle. Here are a few more nuances in the rules sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/edit#

#11136 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The game is still fun as I like the shots but the rules so far feel pretty shallow to me (nothings wrong with that)

Depends what the definition of “deep” is.

If it’s “confusing” like the JJP games, then X-Men isn’t that.

You have the handle on the rules. There’s plenty to do without having to keep a notebook at the side of the game.

I would guess a “shallow” game would be like the Segas and early Sterns where you hit each character 4 times to start a mode and each character started = mini wiz.

X-Men sits in my “happy place”. Complicated enough that you need to learn the rules to play it properly ... but not so complicated that you forget half the shit the next day.

rd

#11137 6 years ago

So far as call outs i got the game at +15 on speech and -10 on .music. really tames the callouts down

#11138 6 years ago

Anyone got any rule adjustments or changes they've made to enhance the game? I have it at factory currently. Also any enhancements to posts or rubber removals. I see alot of people remove the plastic posts by the ramp entrances and add these

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=323

#11139 6 years ago

Those are a must. I also consider target splints for the two lock targets. Those shots are already tight enough without having those dang targets leaning out into the lanes.

A lot do the wolvie bracket mod. I like it as it I actually have to try to hit wolverine now.

#11140 6 years ago

So i changed stacking villians and heroes and stacking heroes. I think it makes the game better but thats me. Ordered new blue titan rubbers and added pinstadiums. Connected them to the storm flasher on the back board and to the red GI light
Red gi light still allows max lighting without interfering with shadow king and other mode lighting

20180222_165241 (resized).jpg20180222_165241 (resized).jpg

20180222_165251 (resized).jpg20180222_165251 (resized).jpg

#11141 6 years ago

Anyone got any rule adjustments or changes they've made to enhance the game? I have it at factory currently. Also any enhancements to posts or rubber removals. I see alot of people remove the plastic posts by the ramp entrances and add these
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=323

I made this, reduced air bails, just made the mistake to put rubbers on that where to thik, with thinner ones works perfect for me

#11142 6 years ago
Quoted from Gandalf37j:

I made this, reduced air bails, just made the mistake to put rubbers on that where to thik, with thinner ones works perfect for me

What'd you make?

#11143 6 years ago

New wolverine installed, titan rubbers came yesterday as well

20180224_103343 (resized).jpg20180224_103343 (resized).jpg

20180224_103339 (resized).jpg20180224_103339 (resized).jpg

#11144 6 years ago

New wolverine installed, titan rubbers came yesterday as well

I'm not a fan of the newton ball mod but your new wolverine looks amazing! Most people that do this mod put a cheesy, silly looking wolverine in the originals place but the one you chose looks better then the original in my opinion. Great job!

#11145 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I'm not a fan of the newton ball mod but your new wolverine looks amazing! Most people that do this mod put a cheesy, silly looking wolverine in the originals place but the one you chose looks better then the original in my opinion. Great job!

Its a paperweight. I think others used it too. You can get it on ebay

#11146 6 years ago

Now to finish the mod off,painted slider

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#11147 6 years ago

hello guys I was thinking about selling my game of thrones limited edition and buy a pro xmen, what do you think? regards

#11148 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello guys I was thinking about selling my game of thrones limited edition and buy a pro xmen, what do you think? regards

Going to be a personal preference and especially lopsided in an X-men thread. I will be the voice of what I feel will be the minority here. I own both and if one had to go it would be my X-men. I love the shots of X-men but the strategy and rules in GOT (IMHO) are much better. The rules of X-men are good, it's just going to be what type of rules you prefer.

#11149 6 years ago

Of curse...

#11150 6 years ago

I have a few sets of icicles for the Iceman ramp if anyone is interested. $15 for the LE, $7 for the pro, both prices include shipping.

20180307_135056 (resized).jpg20180307_135056 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/223?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.