X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

5 years ago

Stats

• 11,092 posts
  • 526 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 815 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

151890958596275863342 (resized).jpg
15189095679602144404737 (resized).jpg
1518909033884559103404 (resized).jpg
1518908990821880221943 (resized).jpg
when-you-realize-you-dont-have-an-original-idea-of-your-own (resized).jpg
20171124_115650 (resized).jpg
mag (resized).jpg
IMG_2928 (resized).jpg
615cc8a42be3f20b99ff812a6c793f18016f99c4 (resized).jpg
IMG_2932 (resized).jpg
IMG_2930 (resized).jpg
IMG_0182 (resized).JPG
IMG_0191 (resized).JPG
IMG_0194 (resized).JPG
IMG_0190 (resized).JPG
IMG_0183 (resized).JPG

There are 11092 posts in topic. You are on page 223 of 223.
#11101 8 days ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Thanks for the updates DugFreez and TimeBandit on lamp#63; that is crazy that they went to the effort to put in the wiring and a separate circuit, which is used only in attract mode. I wish it would light when the Wolverine is running that way we could have it turn on a spotlight or something.

You can wire up a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine flasher on the Playfield with that effect. I did it on my game.

#11102 8 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can wire up a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine flasher on the Playfield with that effect. I did it on my game.

Sure, that would be a great idea. I have attached a photo of my new wolverine and also a photo from under the playfield so you can help ID where to connect the flasher to. Thank you for the help

IMG_2930 (resized).jpg
IMG_2932 (resized).jpg

#11103 8 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Playing 1.51? or the often un-updated 1.5? As everything I have ever read about the latest code (1.51) says the villains DO NOT reset and there is no 2nd loop or do again on them after they are completed.
This was a major reason of why many people didn't update from 1.5 to 1.51. I think fixing the ball lock timing fix in 1.51 made it worth the update alone.

Mine has been on 1.51 since I got it, I can guarantee that you can replay the villains again once dark phoenix ends.

#11104 7 days ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Sure, that would be a great idea. I have attached a photo of my new wolverine and also a photo from under the playfield so you can help ID where to connect the flasher to. Thank you for the help

You're gonna burn your retinas out without a frosted dome on that scoop bulb.

#11105 7 days ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Connect it to the flasher socket. Either solder wires on to the lugs or use alligator clips. Orange is the power, black is the signal/ground.

#11106 7 days ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

For the people who replaced Wolverine with the Newton mod and a mini bust, do you have any issues with the Quake putty and lifting the playfield? Or has everything stuck okay?

I used the museum putty stuff and the bust would fall over after a couple weeks. I used a small l bracket behind him and hot glued it. No issues since.

#11107 7 days ago
Quoted from KenM:

I used the museum putty stuff and the bust would fall over after a couple weeks. I used a small l bracket behind him and hot glued it. No issues since.

Do you have a picture? I have him in my hands right now about to go on.

#11108 7 days ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Do you have a picture? I have him in my hands right now about to go on.

Going to assume it's about the same as mine.

The bust is porcelain so I just drilled a small hole in his back and put a small screw in it. Solid as a rock with the Velcro on the bottom as well.

615cc8a42be3f20b99ff812a6c793f18016f99c4 (resized).jpg

#11109 7 days ago

Thanks for the idea on the flasher I will give it a try.
I am building a Blackbird that lights up that will take the place of the red LED above the scoop.
I have attached a photo of how I attached wolverine.
Drill the bottom of wolverine with one hole,
Insert a soft lead plug like you would put in concrete,
I used JB Weld but it was overkill,
Let dry overnight,
Mount wolverine to blue plastic,
Screw blue plastic down on mod,
Works great and easy to take off if needed.
Wolverine came from ebay (used).

IMG_2928 (resized).jpg

#11110 7 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to assume it's about the same as mine.
The bust is porcelain so I just drilled a small hole in his back and put a small screw in it. Solid as a rock with the Velcro on the bottom as well.

Thanks. Got the smallest bracket they had. Screw popped out once it was in so I ended up using some epoxy on the screw. Bracket + quake putty so hopefully he's not going anywhere.
2 mods to go and then I'm finally done.

#11111 6 days ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Thanks for the idea on the flasher I will give it a try.
I am building a Blackbird that lights up that will take the place of the red LED above the scoop.
I have attached a photo of how I attached wolverine.
Drill the bottom of wolverine with one hole,
Insert a soft lead plug like you would put in concrete,
I used JB Weld but it was overkill,
Let dry overnight,
Mount wolverine to blue plastic,
Screw blue plastic down on mod,
Works great and easy to take off if needed.
Wolverine came from ebay (used).

Yikes.. Be careful for that wolvie magnet core before it starts damaging your playfield. You might want to get that out and replaced before it turn into a nightmare.

mag (resized).jpg

#11112 5 days ago

Hey guys joining the club friday. Can someone point me in the direction of a good wolverine replacement and must have mods. Ive heard theres some pinbrowser work that enhances the game. Game already has color dmd, shaker and i got pinstadiums. Any other suggestions on good additions

#11113 5 days ago

There’s a lot of mod potential with this game. Best mod is the mezel newton ball replacement. Undercab lighting works well on this game, very active. Search eBay for Wolverine figures. Shaker, side mirrors. Get rid of the stock magneto. Speaker lights.

Here’s a few mods we sell for ideas.

https://lermods.com/t/x-men-pinball-mods

20171124_115650 (resized).jpg

#11114 5 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There’s a lot of mod potential with this game. Best mod is the mezel newton ball replacement. Undercab lighting works well on this game, very active. Search eBay for Wolverine figures. Shaker, side mirrors. Get rid of the stock magneto. Speaker lights.

Got a link for that magneto? And wolverine?

#11115 5 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Got a link for that magneto? And wolverine?

Magneto

ebay.com link

Wolverine I used, I cut him at the waist.

ebay.com link

I'm sure you can find them cheaper.

#11116 5 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

...or a person can get their Speaker Light Kits (along with acrylic designs and various accessories for the light kits) from the person that originally thought up the idea and has been selling them for the past 5+ years at http://www.speakerlightkits.com

@Lermods, why can't you think of a mod idea of your own instead of copying mine?

when-you-realize-you-dont-have-an-original-idea-of-your-own (resized).jpg

#11117 4 days ago

Anyone have the interactive ramp kit installed? Is it worth it?

#11118 2 days ago

What would cause the lower right flipper to stay up until something else fires and the flipper will drop. I've replaced the bushings, coil sleeves and plungers. Flippers have enough play not to bind. The switches look good. Any ideas?

1518908990821880221943 (resized).jpg

1518909033884559103404 (resized).jpg

#11119 2 days ago

15189095679602144404737 (resized).jpg

151890958596275863342 (resized).jpg

#11120 2 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

What would cause the lower right flipper to stay up until something else fires and the flipper will drop. I've replaced the bushings, coil sleeves and plungers. Flippers have enough play not to bind. The switches look good. Any ideas?

Return spring good?

#11121 2 days ago

Yes looks fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it. I took everything apart and cleaned it. Looked like a little shred of plastic was hanging in the coil sleeve. This might have caused the problem. It seems to work fine now. However, this is the 2nd time I've taken it apart and it seems like a temporary fix.

#11122 2 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Yes looks fine. I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it. I took everything apart and cleaned it. Looked like a little shred of plastic was hanging in the coil sleeve. This might have caused the problem. It seems to work fine now. However, this is the 2nd time I've taken it apart and it seems like a temporary fix.

I was going to say bad coil sleeve .. but you said you replaced it.

Double check the plunger that it’s nice and smooth as well.

You can always cut a couple of rows off the spring as well, to give it a bit more grunt.

rd

#11123 2 days ago

left the club today / will miss it / already do/ never got to danger room, it was way to short a stay but downsizing must occur ./ May even sell my STLE

#11124 2 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

That coil stop is mushroomed and should be replaced. Probably not the cause though but it can happen.

When you say bushing. Did you replace both the white one that goes through the pf and the metal one in the linkage (in the white part of the plunger). Most miss the second one which can cause stack and binding.

#11125 2 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That coil stop is mushroomed and should be replaced. Probably not the cause though but it can happen.
When you say bushing. Did you replace both the white one that goes through the pf and the metal one in the linkage (in the white part of the plunger). Most miss the second one which can cause stack and binding.

I wasn't sure how good that coil stop was either, that's why I took a pic. I'm not sure which bushing your referring to. I replaced the plastic going through the playfield.

#11126 2 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was going to say bad coil sleeve .. but you said you replaced it.
Double check the plunger that it’s nice and smooth as well.
You can always cut a couple of rows off the spring as well, to give it a bit more grunt.
rd

I like the idea of cutting the spring down.
The plungers, elbows, sleeves, buttons and bushing were replaced.

#11127 1 day ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I like the idea of cutting the spring down.
The plungers, elbows, sleeves, buttons and bushing were replaced.

Increasing spring pressure feels like a bandaid for the issue unless that spring is bad.

Quoted from trk12fire:

I wasn't sure how good that coil stop was either, that's why I took a pic. I'm not sure which bushing your referring to. I replaced the plastic going through the playfield.

The metal bushing that goes in the white hinge on the plunger.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=277

If this bushing is bad it will create play in the linkage. Double check that there is about a credit card thickness between the flipper bat and the white bushing going through the PF.

#11128 1 day ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The metal bushing that goes in the white hinge on the plunger.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=277
If this bushing is bad it will create play in the linkage.

I forgot about that bushing. I'm not even sure I put one in, when I installed new plungers. Now I'm wondering how many of my games don't have it. Now, there's a new open can of worms. haha. Thx Vet

#11129 1 day ago

I forgot about that bushing. I'm not even sure I put one in, when I installed new plungers. Now I'm wondering how many of my games don't have it. Now, there's a new open can of worms. haha. Thx Vet

#11130 1 day ago

Does the flipper bat have a little play? Meaning are you able to give it a little wiggle up and down in the rest position with your hand. If the flipper bat is tight against the plastic gushing it could cause the issue. Also if there is too much play, the the same thing could happen. Just a thought.

#11131 19 hours ago

Yes, there is just the right amount of wiggle. Thanks Tom

#11132 5 hours ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone have the interactive ramp kit installed? Is it worth it?

this my x-men LE with pinduino interactive apron and ramps
» YouTube video

#11133 2 hours ago
Quoted from kimzone:

this my x-men LE with pinduino interactive apron and ramps
» YouTube video

Kimbo - always bringing the bling!

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Machine - For Sale
Olathe, KS
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
There are 11092 posts in topic. You are on page 223 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside