OK, I've gotta ask this and potentially take the punishment.
I've had my X-men for a couple months now and I'm a bit confused about some feedback I keep seeing about this game. I keep seeing people post about the depth of the rules and that is why they enjoy the game. I haven't seen this depth so I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something major. Here is what I know:
- Each hero is started by hitting their shot 2-3 times (except Wolverine which I think is 5). When in their mode you are basically shooting their shot again a couple times to complete them.
- Starting a hero advances your magneto JP value and the amount of damage you do to him per shot so it's ideal to start as many as possible before going into magneto.
- 10 combos starts deadpool whom will help complete modes
- you can stack a hero in with a villain but not the other way around
- Wolverine MB has two options for each shot. The correct path advances you faster.
- Villain modes require _ number of shots to complete. They are throughout the PF
- Some how you light a gambit hurry-up shot worth a crap ton of points by shooting the left orbit and the top right pop bumper in sequence.
- Completing 4 modes (I believe) starts nightcrawlers
- Their are 2 wizard modes. One for completing villans and another for completing heros
- You have 4 MB's (not including wizard modes) with Wolverine, Magneto, Hellfire and Brotherhood
The game is still fun as I like the shots but the rules so far feel pretty shallow to me (nothings wrong with that) but since I keep seeing these comments about how deep the code is I figured I'd ask. After watching Bowen's tutorial it didn't help me understand anything I was missing.