(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 251.
#11001 6 years ago

Honestly, with this mod, it is like a different game. Not many mods you can say that about, it literally is a game changer.

#11002 6 years ago

Finally finished my alternate figures, just got in Magneto tonight... So much better!

20171124_162610 (resized).jpg20171124_162610 (resized).jpg

20171124_162721 (resized).jpg20171124_162721 (resized).jpg

20171124_162559 (resized).jpg20171124_162559 (resized).jpg

#11003 6 years ago

Anyone find a source to replace the magnet disc decal?

#11004 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Finally finished my alternate figures, just got in Magneto tonight... So much better!

That looks great! You don't realize how cool the artwork is on that plastic until you replace Magneto with a smaller figure.

#11005 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone find a source to replace the magnet disc decal?

As in a new decal from stern? Yes you can get them. I've bought some and gave you the part number a few months ago. The new decal is 820-7001-00

#11006 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

As in a new decal from stern? Yes you can get them. I've bought some and gave you the part number a few months ago. The new decal is 820-7001-00

Completely forgot about that. Working on too many games at the same time.
Found them with your part number for $20 (+shipping) each. Seems a little steep but I'll probably get one or 2 and hang onto them.

#11007 6 years ago

Anyone have a custom sound package for X-Men LE?

#11008 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

That's bad ass, well done!

#11009 6 years ago

Really looking for a Walking dead so I (might) get rid of my LE...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57153

#11010 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Really looking for a Walking dead so I (might) get rid of my LE...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57153

Nice looking game. That is a great deal on my favorite version of XM.

#11011 6 years ago

Pin in front of Magneto popped out. No thread or anything to screw it in. How do I get it to stay?

IMG_20171128_010149.jpgIMG_20171128_010149.jpg

#11012 6 years ago

**Edit - sounds like it screws in from the bottom according to the post below. If you wind up needing a new one it's part number 511-6769-00

P.S. - Make sure you are sitting down before you check the price on that part though

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-6769-00

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#11013 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Pin in front of Magneto popped out. No thread or anything to screw it in. How do I get it to stay?

The right locking pin? Mine used to shoot up and out all the time. It screwed back in...finally put loctite on it.

No threads? There's a little screw that you need to find that should go into the hollow section of that metal spear. Fastens from the underside.

#11014 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

The right locking pin? Mine used to shoot up and out all the time. It screwed back in...finally put loctite on it.
No threads? There's a little screw that you need to find that should go into the hollow section of that metal spear. Fastens from the underside.

Good to know. Thought it was a solid part from the pics and the user manual. I'll edit my post to limit confusion.

#11015 6 years ago

The fun part will be trying to find that small screw, and wherever it is hiding in the lower cab.

#11016 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I love those figures and am interested in doing that replacement in my XMLE. Can you share where you purchased them?

#11017 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Remind me to share a picture of where I relocated the light that was Inside Magento to. Cheap mod and easily reversible.

#11018 6 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I love those figures and am interested in doing that replacement in my XMLE. Can you share where you purchased them?

The wolverine is off the shelf ( bought on ebay for $10), but the magneto was too tall so I have to remove sections of his body and re-glue him so he would fit under the glass. Then I painted him. It was a huge pain and took a couple hours but I think its perfect.. I hated the huge magneto.. it looks so cheap.

Here is the link to the magneto. You need to strategically remove about 1 " of his height.

ebay.com link: sch

#11019 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

The wolverine is off the shelf ( bought on ebay for $10), but the magneto was too tall so I have to remove sections of his body and re-glue him so he would fit under the glass. Then I painted him. It was a huge pain and took a couple hours but I think its perfect.. I hated the huge magneto.. it looks so cheap.
Here is the link to the magneto. You need to strategically remove about 1 " of his height.
ebay.com link

Someone do this and sell me your old Magneto figure. Mine took a shot to the cape and has a nice hole busted in him now.

#11020 6 years ago

Thanks! Sounds like a project, but the outcome is very nice.

#11021 6 years ago

Back to looking for a magneto replacement figure. The one lermods used is to tall for a Pro. Guess their is some difference between the pro and LE as he stands about a full inch to tall (his whole head). Was thinking of trimming him down but not even sure where I could do that to make it look nice

#11022 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Someone do this and sell me your old Magneto figure. Mine took a shot to the cape and has a nice hole busted in him now.

I have an extra, make me an offer.

Quoted from 85vett:

Back to looking for a magneto replacement figure. The one lermods used is to tall for a Pro. Guess their is some difference between the pro and LE as he stands about a full inch to tall (his whole head). Was thinking of trimming him down but not even sure where I could do that to make it look nice

The pro and le are the same, you just need to tilt him back a little. The head of my Magneto figure just grazes the glass. Make sure you position him back a little.

#11023 6 years ago

Looks like I am joining the club and picking up a Wolverine with mods!!

#11024 6 years ago

I'm in! Just bought an X-Men Pro. Came with led, speaker lights, toys and shaker. All for 3500 and only 347 plays on it. Definitely the best bang for your buck. I can't believe how many haters are out there. Great for me, I feel like I stole it.

23826343_1969472049797179_5222061769641814419_o (resized).jpg23826343_1969472049797179_5222061769641814419_o (resized).jpg

#11025 6 years ago

Agreed. X-men (especially the pro) is a great bang for the buck game. The LE's a pretty good to. I understood the hate early on but I don't get it now. Game flows great and has some pretty cool items in the rules.

Looks like a fun line-up right there too.

#11026 6 years ago

So when doing the newton mod and putting the posts in there slide right back out. The posts aren't long enough to put the nuts back on.
This can't be correct or safe to ever lift the playfield.
What gives?

IMG_20171206_030642.jpgIMG_20171206_030642.jpg

#11027 6 years ago

Also should it be sitting this tight? There's no room for the smaller ball to move at all.

Screenshot_20171206-031938.pngScreenshot_20171206-031938.png

#11028 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Also should it be sitting this tight? There's no room for the smaller ball to move at all.

Send a note to [email protected] for help

#11029 6 years ago

The bolts don’t need to go all the way through, they are threaded into the 3d printed plastic. I’m not sure why you don’t have space between the two balls, are the balls the correct size?

#11030 6 years ago

I did. Figured I'd try here too.

Quoted from Lermods:

The bolts don’t need to go all the way through, they are threaded into the 3d printed plastic. I’m not sure why you don’t have space between the two balls, are the balls the correct size?

Used what came with the kit. If they are threaded it's not working cause they slide right out.

#11031 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Used what came with the kit. If they are threaded it's not working cause they slide right out.

So you are saying the holes are too big for the bolts to grab? Mine were super tight. Maybe wrap the threads with plumbers teflon tape to take up the slack. Not ideal , but I bet it would work.

Not sure why the balls are so tight. Mine has about a half inch of space between the two balls. Can you show a pic with the balls out ? I literally installed the same mod a week ago and had no issues.

#11032 6 years ago

For the switch in the back try straightening out the bend at the top to give some slack. I installed this mod in both my pro and le and had to do this on both. It does look like the smaller ball is a gauge or 2 to big compared to mine however. Like Lermods said the posts should thread into the base.

#11033 6 years ago

Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Lermods:

So you are saying the holes are too big for the bolts to grab? Mine were super tight. Maybe wrap the threads with plumbers teflon tape to take up the slack. Not ideal , but I bet it would work.
Not sure why the balls are so tight. Mine has about a half inch of space between the two balls. Can you show a pic with the balls out ? I literally installed the same mod a week ago and had no issues.

With nothing securing them in I'd be concerned about mounting anything on top.
Here some pics. The plastic was hard as f to wedge in and get flush.

IMG_20171206_150532.jpgIMG_20171206_150532.jpg

IMG_20171206_150252.jpgIMG_20171206_150252.jpg

#11034 6 years ago

I'm not seeing anything obvious. Mine was very tight to put it as well and you will need to adjust switch by bending the one in the back out slightly so that there is a gap between it and the one the ball strikes.

The only thing I can think of is the ball is too big, mine looked smaller than yours.

I'm not sure why your posts don't fit properly. Mezel has great support so they will help you better than I could. Be patient, you will be extremely happy with it once you get it right.

#11035 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not seeing anything obvious. Mine was very tight to put it as well and you will need to adjust switch by bending the one in the back out slightly so that there is a gap between it and the one the ball strikes.
The only thing I can think of is the ball is too big, mine looked smaller than yours.
I'm not sure why your posts don't fit properly. Mezel has great support so they will help you better than I could. Be patient, you will be extremely happy with it once you get it right.

While I'm waiting to hear back from them I'm going to start the nightcrawler lights

#11036 6 years ago

I replied via email earlier this morning regarding the posts- now that I'm seeing the photos it doesn't look like that is the issue.
The posts do not attach from the underside of the playfield. The bracket is made to fit in the space rather tight as are the holes in the bracket. If the bracket is 'falling off' it sounds like it has been damaged somehow or it was over cleaned prior to shipment and the holes made too big.
In terms of the ball being too tight, we just tested our stock. All have ample space. Can't figure out how you have a larger ball- perhaps the supplier sent one the wrong size? Never seen this before.
If you could reply to my email regarding the issue with the bracket because if it is falling off, it will also need to be replaced. Once we confirm that part of the issue we will ship out replacement parts.

Sorry, I can't do my troubleshooting more on Pinside- too many possible threads to monitor and not enough time.

#11037 6 years ago

Here's a pic of mine, I think your small ball is a size to big. Also I remember reading either in this thread or a separate one that the threads were the wrong gauge on the posts on another guys kit.

20171206_162415 (resized).jpg20171206_162415 (resized).jpg

#11038 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Here's a pic of mine, I think your small ball is a size to big. Also I remember reading either in this thread or a separate one that the threads were the wrong gauge on the posts on another guys kit.

This looks pretty similar to mine. There should be some room, right?

#11039 6 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I replied via email earlier this morning regarding the posts- now that I'm seeing the photos it doesn't look like that is the issue.
The posts do not attach from the underside of the playfield. The bracket is made to fit in the space rather tight as are the holes in the bracket. If the bracket is 'falling off' it sounds like it has been damaged somehow or it was over cleaned prior to shipment and the holes made too big.
In terms of the ball being too tight, we just tested our stock. All have ample space. Can't figure out how you have a larger ball- perhaps the supplier sent one the wrong size? Never seen this before.
If you could reply to my email regarding the issue with the bracket because if it is falling off, it will also need to be replaced. Once we confirm that part of the issue we will ship out replacement parts.
Sorry, I can't do my troubleshooting more on Pinside- too many possible threads to monitor and not enough time.

Kristin did email me today. Very fast back and fourth between us. Some different parts heading my way. As usual wonderful fast service from these guys. Got to hangout and talk for a bit with them at the last Allentown show, good people for sure and I'll continue to buy and support what they do.

#11040 6 years ago

Okay nightcrawlers are in and set up.... How are you guys bending the wires for the switches to activate? Right now they are on all the time.

IMG_20171206_221912.jpgIMG_20171206_221912.jpg

#11041 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Kristin did email me today. Very fast back and fourth between us. Some different parts heading my way. As usual wonderful fast service from these guys. Got to hangout and talk for a bit with them at the last Allentown show, good people for sure and I'll continue to buy and support what they do.

I do know that the LE is slightly tighter than the Pro. I would have to chalk this up to the slot being cut on a different angle and just slightly slimmer. The four posts mostly hold it in place, not stop it from falling. The newton ball will keep the who thing where it needs to be. You can even add a washer under the newton ball (above the playfield) to elevate it slightly and add extra hold.

The idea when this mod was designed was to not change the playfield, but offer a reversible modification that (IMO) greatly improves the game. But then again, I am biased.

#11042 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I do know that the LE is slightly tighter than the Pro. I would have to chalk this up to the slot being cut on a different angle and just slightly slimmer. The four posts mostly hold it in place, not stop it from falling. The newton ball will keep the who thing where it needs to be. You can even add a washer under the newton ball (above the playfield) to elevate it slightly and add extra hold.
The idea when this mod was designed was to not change the playfield, but offer a reversible modification that (IMO) greatly improves the game. But then again, I am biased.

My issue with it is the posts not being secure and just sitting there that it falls out when I lift the playfield. I have new parts coming....now to figure out how to get this plastic back out

2 weeks later
#11043 6 years ago

I'm in in search of the Left plastic ramp for X-Men Le. Had a fire next to mine about a year ago and as you can see the heat got to it just a little bit any help is much appreciated I also need right extension to ice Bridge

DSC03904 (resized).JPGDSC03904 (resized).JPG

#11044 6 years ago

Just joined the club last week Got a HUO Pro with less than 1,000 plays. Looks brand new!

Couple of quick questions:

1. I noticed that Wolverine moved quite a bit. I checked the screws at the back and they weren't tight. I tightened them, but then the shot doesn't register at all. I loosened them again, but wondering if that is normal?

2. Is there a secret to removing Wolverine? I removed the screws at the back, but when I try to lift Wolvy up, he is catching on something. I tried jiggling, moving around and lifting up, but he remained caught on something.

3. Is there a consensus on rule settings? I have 1.51 installed and I'm finding it hard to follow with both Villains and Heroes set to stack. I was leaning towards setting it so Hero modes don't start during a Villain mode. Thoughts?

Thanks!

#11045 6 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Just joined the club last week Got a HUO Pro with less than 1,000 plays. Looks brand new!
1. I noticed that Wolverine moved quite a bit. I checked the screws at the back and they weren't tight. I tightened them, but then the shot doesn't register at all. I loosened them again, but wondering if that is normal?
2. Is there a secret to removing Wolverine? I removed the screws at the back, but when I try to lift Wolvy up, he is catching on something. I tried jiggling, moving around and lifting up, but he remained caught on something.
3. Is there a consensus on rule settings? I have 1.51 installed and I'm finding it hard to follow with both Villains and Heroes set to stack. I was leaning towards setting it so Hero modes don't start during a Villain mode. Thoughts?
Thanks!

I would recommend ditching wolvie entirely and getting the newton ball set up from mezel. It’s a much more enjoyable game that way.

That said, the two screws in the back of him are all that holds him on, but he sits on a metal mount that can be snug. He will crack in the back eventually.

#11046 6 years ago

Thanks!

3: Yes, I can imagine what a cluttered mess the game modes must feel like with the stacking on. I would suggest at least turning it off for a bit until you learn the rules for each mode and what you are supposed to be shooting for.

#11047 6 years ago

Is there a consensus on rule settings? I have 1.51 installed and I'm finding it hard to follow with both Villains and Heroes set to stack.

Stacking = off = always

#11048 6 years ago

I have it set so that heroes and villains can stack, but hero stacking is turned off so I don't end up with a bunch of heroes running at once.

#11049 6 years ago

Anyone changed the music on X-men? I find the main music very dreary, any recommendations for music that works well with the machine?

#11050 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone changed the music on X-men? I find the main music very dreary, any recommendations for music that works well with the machine?

The main music on my machine has been replaced with the intro song from the 90's animated series. It works well, in my opinion ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/221?hl=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.