(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 251.
#10851 6 years ago

The Death Match is back on!

I have to keep clearing out machines and here are the latest machines that I compared to X-Men, and then showed the door, and the floor is red with the blood of "keepers".

As a reminder, here is the first round of losers..

WoZ
Hobbit
GB Premium
AFM
SMVE

And now add..

AS pro
LOTR LE (mint example, heartbreaking)
TSPP (as above) and, drum roll.....
TRONLE!!

#10852 6 years ago

I also noticed one of my Brotherhood targets had a cracked diode joint and wasn't working, and had never worked!
If I thought the game was great before, how good do you think I think it is now with that fixed?!

#10853 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Got the Wolvie paperweight from Japan. Cut off the base, drill the captive ball plate, drill up Wolvie's guts from the bottom, one screw, a couple of washers and voila. Absolutely perfect. Love it.
The game is at least 1.8 times better with this mod.
X-Men is without a doubt, the single most underrated game in existence.
» YouTube video

Beautiful statue, but be careful. I am pretty sure this is the same one my buddy put in his machine and an airball broke off an arm within weeks. I ended up cutting off the original Wolverine's belt and making a quick dirty bracket so he sits on top of the newton ball. Best of both worlds as I do like how he looks and he's durable.

#10854 6 years ago

Guys who have done the Wolverine mod, what are you doing with the bulb that was inside the plastic one?

#10855 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Guys who have done the Wolverine mod, what are you doing with the bulb that was inside the plastic one?

Throw in coin box.

#10856 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have to keep clearing out machines and here are the latest machines that I compared to X-Men, and then showed the door, and the floor is red with the blood of "keepers".
As a reminder, here is the first round of losers..
WoZ
Hobbit
GB Premium
AFM
SMVE
And now add..
AS pro
LOTR LE (mint example, heartbreaking)
TSPP (as above) and, drum roll.....
TRONLE!!

Wow! Impressive set of losers. I really like my Wolverine I got a month or two ago. Unable to progress well at all in the game but still very fun and excellent bang-for-the-buck. I've read the rules but really need to study them a little better so I know how to actually finish the modes more regularly. I can't see myself getting to either wizard mode for years, lol.

#10857 6 years ago

Can the magneto disc magnet be replaced?

#10858 6 years ago

IMG_3156 (resized).JPGIMG_3156 (resized).JPG

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on a LED Hero Insert Mod for X-Men and wanted to share my test version. I plan on reworking some of the colors for each hero, and need to adjust the placement of my LED strip on Cyclops so it doesn't bleed into Phoenix as much. Other than that I think it turned out great. As usual pictures don't do it justice.

I always hated the harsh, inconsistent stock Hero lights, and like my Metallica Insert Mod, I think this really fits the bill.

The mod will ship as a single unit, so all you will have to do is unplug your current lights, slide my Hero Insert Mod in and plug it in to the existing lamp sockets. Super easy and fully reversible. Install should take no more than 15 minutes.

Here is a short video clip in attract mode:

Price will be roughly $55 shipped.

PM me if you are interested and I can add you to the list.

#10859 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can the magneto disc magnet be replaced?

I've been wondering this, also.

#10860 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Hi Everyone,
I have been working on a LED Hero Insert Mod for X-Men and wanted to share my test version. I plan on reworking some of the colors for each hero, and need to adjust the placement of my LED strip on Cyclops so it doesn't bleed into Phoenix as much. Other than that I think it turned out great. As usual pictures don't do it justice.
I always hated the harsh, inconsistent stock Hero lights, and like my Metallica Insert Mod, I think this really fits the bill.
The mod will ship as a single unit, so all you will have to do is unplug your current lights, slide my Hero Insert Mod in and plug it in to the existing lamp sockets. Super easy and fully reversible. Install should take no more than 15 minutes.
Here is a short video clip in attract mode:
» YouTube video
Price will be roughly $55 shipped.
PM me if you are interested and I can add you to the list.

Nice work! I'm interested.

#10861 6 years ago

Here are the colors I was thinking for the Hero Insert Mod.

Phoenix - Orange
Cyclops - Red
Beast - Blue
Rogue - Green
Ice Man - Blue
Wolverine - Red
Xavier - White
Storm - Purple

I should have the mod up in the market place soon. Thanks!

#10862 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

Here are the colors I was thinking for the Hero Insert Mod.
Phoenix - Orange
Cyclops - Red
Beast - Blue
Rogue - Green
Ice Man - Blue
Wolverine - Red
Xavier - White
Storm - Purple
I should have the mod up in the market place soon. Thanks!

Someone here shared a file with me of a plastic piece you put below the playfield that has dividers between the inserts. Then you can put any color LED and not have to worry about bleeding at all.

#10863 6 years ago

I'm looking for a X-men Pro. Any for sale?

#10864 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Someone here shared a file with me of a plastic piece you put below the playfield that has dividers between the inserts. Then you can put any color LED and not have to worry about bleeding at all.

That is awesome! Is it for file for 3-D printing?

#10865 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm intrigued by your method, but I'm wondering how you're comparing games.. Is it that everything that you like less than XM goes out the door -- meaning other games you have in your collection (TS, Tron, etc) are games you like better? Is XM on the chopping block and constantly battling against those new machines to stay in your collection? Or, do you just have the other games as keepers, and you use XM as your pinball standard?

I'm always interested to see how people make tough decisions on what to keep (except rotordave, he just keeps everything).

#10866 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm always interested to see how people make tough decisions on what to keep (except rotordave, he just keeps everything).

Cough cough. Lol

Actually, quite a few have headed out the door this year. From memory:
Avengers LE
Champion Pub
Indiana Jones
Who Dunnit
Pharoah
Jungle Lord
No Fear
CSI
Popeye
Forgotten the rest.

Like TimeBandit, when they're gone, they're gone.

rd

#10867 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cough cough. Lol
Actually, quite a few have headed out the door this year. From memory:
Avengers LE
Champion Pub
Indiana Jones
Who Dunnit
Pharoah
Jungle Lord
No Fear
CSI
Popeye
Forgotten the rest.
Like TimeBandit, when they're gone, they're gone.
rd

What!!!! IJ. Come on RD

#10868 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What!!!! IJ. Come on RD

Out the door they go!

rd

#10869 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Out the door they go!
rd

Let me know when Mousin Around is close to that door

#10870 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Let me know when Mousin Around is close to that door

I thought you wanted Mario Andretti!

I don't think the Sys11 collection will be split up anytime soon.

rd

#10871 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm intrigued by your method, but I'm wondering how you're comparing games.. Is it that everything that you like less than XM goes out the door -- meaning other games you have in your collection (TS, Tron, etc) are games you like better? Is XM on the chopping block and constantly battling against those new machines to stay in your collection? Or, do you just have the other games as keepers, and you use XM as your pinball standard?

Method has become based purely on my enjoyment. I LOVE shooting almost EVERY shot on XM. If most flips are fun, then the game just keeps giving.

Yes, how does one draw the line in the sand? No, not all games have to be better than XM to stay, but THAT game reset for me what I enjoy about pinball. It reminded me that playing (for me) is everything, not collecting. I HAVE to cut back, so I basically used XM as a standard of playing enjoyment. If I had a game that wasn't as fun to play, then I was clearly holding on to it as a "collector". And, surprise surprise, all the names I am selling are the shiniest, mintiest, rarest of my collection. Thankfully they are also the easiest to sell.

#10872 6 years ago
Quoted from HankScorpio:

That is awesome! Is it for file for 3-D printing?

Yes it is. Hopefully I will get some time tomorrow to record my mods and then upload a video to Youtube.

1 week later
#10873 6 years ago

Starting my little dude young.
He just turned 1 and has already worked out how to turn it on and press start.
He just needs to work out how to pull the plunger back and the addiction can begin!

20170618_162007 (resized).jpg20170618_162007 (resized).jpg

20170618_162030 (resized).jpg20170618_162030 (resized).jpg

#10874 6 years ago

These 3 guys have been playing since they could stand ... they're around every weekend bettering their skills.

rd

IMG_6306 (resized).JPGIMG_6306 (resized).JPG

#10875 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

These 3 guys have been playing since they could stand ... they're around every weekend bettering their skills.
rd

It only counts if they are playing X-men!

#10876 6 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

It only counts if they are playing X-men!

That's in a different house. You gotta work with what you got ...

rd

#10877 6 years ago

After having the chance to play an xmen earlier this year and really liking it,I pulled the trigger today on an le magneto edition that ended up available locally(only 70 miles away).I was thinking my next pin would probably be a star wars but this le with a color dmd for the same price as a pro star wars seemed like way more bang for the buck!My first le also!

#10878 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

but this le with a color dmd for the same price as a pro star wars seemed like way more bang for the buck!

Truth

#10879 6 years ago

Congrats, magnito is one of the best looking pins ever made!!

#10880 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Starting my little dude young.
He just turned 1 and has already worked out how to turn it on and press start.
He just needs to work out how to pull the plunger back and the addiction can begin!

Actually, you can set the machine so the flippers (left, right, or both) plunge the ball. Helped with my little guy until he was older.

1 week later
#10881 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the beast toy mod, iceman/phoenix/or cyclopes toy mod?

Also, I saw that there was a voice redo project happening. Are those files posted anywhere or whats the status on that project

thanks

#10882 6 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

.I was thinking my next pin would probably be a star wars but this le with a color dmd for the same price as a pro star wars seemed like way more bang for the buck!My first le also!

No Stern has been since or will be again as packed with as much stuff as XMen Le. They loaded the game.

#10883 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No Stern has been since or will be again as packed with as much stuff as XMen Le. They loaded the game.

I agree with this 100 percent. Stern don't seem to be interested in making anymore bang for buck games....just all about a sparse palyfield and maximum profits now.

#10884 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I agree with this 100 percent. Stern don't seem to be interested in making anymore bang for buck games....just all about a sparse palyfield and maximum profits now.

I couldn't agree more. The second I saw SW photos I knew I would never buy that game. XMen LE was right around 6k shipped and had a REAL backglass and tons of mechs with an amazing art package, sounds, and dots to boot. SW pro looks like an 80's game with an extra ramp but costs almost as much as XMen LE did shipped. Not sure what Stern is thinking these days.

#10885 6 years ago

Thinking? Well, profits, of course! Gotta strike while the iron is hot I'd imagine. Still selling games like hot cakes so obviously the market is supporting the price increases.

#10886 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thinking? Well, profits, of course! Gotta strike while the iron is hot I'd imagine. Still selling games like hot cakes so obviously the market is supporting the price increases.

Yep, then the confirmation bias will set in on the people who spent over 5k for a pro who will proclaim it the next MM...

I was glad AS LE came with a real backglass. The first one from Stern since XM LE, but apparently that was a one and done only. Anyone know the cost of a real backglass compared to the translights?

#10887 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was glad AS LE came with a real backglass. The first one from Stern since XM LE, but apparently that was a one and done only

I think there have been more backglasses since XMLE.

From memory -
Avengers LE - has mirroring too
Met LE - mirrored
WWE LE - mirrored
GOT LE - mirrored
GB LE
KISS LE - mirrored
TWD LE - mirrored

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know the cost of a real backglass compared to the translights?

More.

rd

#10888 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From memory -
Avengers LE - has mirroring too
Met LE - mirrored
WWE LE - mirrored
GOT LE - mirrored
GB LE
KISS LE - mirrored
TWD LE - mirrored

Nope. None of those (possibly Avengers...can't recall on that one) had a real backglass. They were all translights using Sterns "mirrored ink" process.

I have XMen LE sitting right next to TWD LE...you can tell the difference between the real mirrored backglass in XM LE and the cheaper mirrored ink translight from TWD LE...it is not even close in quality or appearance.

#10889 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope. None of those (possibly Avengers...can't recall on that one) had a real backglass. They were all translights using Sterns "mirrored ink" process.
I have XMen LE sitting right next to TWD LE...you can tell the difference between the real mirrored backglass in XM LE and the cheaper mirrored ink translight from TWD LE...it is not even close in quality or appearance.

Stern advertise them as "mirrored backglasses" on their feature matrixes, as I checked all those games on the Stern website to make sure I was right.

Class action suit?

rd

#10890 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stern advertise them as "mirrored backglasses" on their feature matrixes, as I checked all those games on the Stern website to make sure I was right.
Class action suit?

Funny you should mention that, I got exceedingly pissed off when I bought TWD LE and it came with the translight and not the backglass for that reason.

I saw it on the feature matrix advertised as a real backglass and called my distro to confirm it would be real before placing my order. Distro confirmed it would be real and not like the fake Met LE translight. Game arrives...BAM!!!!...not a real backglass, the fake mirrored translight again...Stern lied to me again.

Regardless, one reason the XM LE backglasses look so good compared to more recent Sterns is they are, in fact, real high quality backglasses.

#10891 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the magneto spinning disc decal? I've got some decals coming soon and was wondering how much of a bitch it was to change...

#10892 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Does anyone know where I can find the beast toy mod, iceman/phoenix/or cyclopes toy mod?
Also, I saw that there was a voice redo project happening. Are those files posted anywhere or whats the status on that project
thanks

The xmen toy mods are actually "Bowen figures". Be prepared to pony up, the last Beast I saw was $250, Iceman was the same. Not sure on the voice redo, I think it was shelved.

#10893 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Has anyone replaced the magneto spinning disc decal? I've got some decals coming soon and was wondering how much of a bitch it was to change...

Where did you find replacement decals?

#10894 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Where did you find replacement decals?

My distrobutor got them in for me I rang stern support and got the part number I'll post when I find the part number at work tomorrow

#10895 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

thanks

Couldn't get enough clean dialogue. They gave up.

#10896 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The xmen toy mods are actually "Bowen figures". Be prepared to pony up, the last Beast I saw was $250, Iceman was the same. Not sure on the voice redo, I think it was shelved.

My game has them and they are cool.

#10897 6 years ago

IMG_1180 (resized).JPGIMG_1180 (resized).JPG

IMG_1182 (resized).JPGIMG_1182 (resized).JPG

#10898 6 years ago

Played a few games yesterday. It's been awhile and I finally fixed my game after a year. Had the bad pcb issue and had to get a new wolverine magnet coil and some fuses for nightcrawler to function properly. Either way I had decent games, for me, and was shooting well. Game really is a blast when making shots. I know that can be said for most games, but racking up combos is extremely satisfying and then having deadpool talk trash is great.

#10899 6 years ago

That was a fantastic surprise when stern added the cool combo call outs and of corse dead pool ,really makes the game unique,still not where it needs to be concidering there is no premiums

#10900 6 years ago

Anyone know were I can order some more red led's for the gi lighting? One is flakey on my right slingshot.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/218?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.