(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 251.
#10801 7 years ago

Wolverine in the house! Pin has been owned by a number of regional Pinsiders.

IMG_1507 (resized).JPGIMG_1507 (resized).JPG

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG

IMG_1509 (resized).JPGIMG_1509 (resized).JPG

#10802 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Nobody ever did, but my thought was for, someone with talent, to extend the existing art from the pops area and it would blend. That was the idea when the part was designed, but nobody ever stepped up to the task.

It's an awesome mod, covering the wood would finish it off nicely.
Unfortunately, when it comes to art, "talented" does not describe my abilities.......

#10803 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Enjoy Darin!

Paint that coin door black or blue while you're at it.

rd

#10804 7 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

It's an awesome mod, covering the wood would finish it off nicely.
Unfortunately, when it comes to art, "talented" does not describe my abilities.......

If someone has a high res scan of the playfield it wouldn't be that hard for me to put together an image for a sticker. Without that though it would be a lot more difficult.

#10805 7 years ago

I've been after that pin for almost a year, I sent you a PM, make sure you let me know first if you are going to sell it!

#10806 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

If someone has a high res scan of the playfield it wouldn't be that hard for me to put together an image for a sticker. Without that though it would be a lot more difficult.

Anyone have a portable "wand" scanner that can scan that area of the playfield so this guy can make us a decal?

#10807 6 years ago

Ok so question. I've never gotten either wizard mode in 5 years but I've been having some good games lately so I think I'm close.

I've been playing to get to danger room. I qualified all the characters and completed everyone but one. Should danger room be lit to start or do I need to score the super jackpot in magneto multiball?

My settings are heroes don't stack. Heroes and villians stack.

What am I missing? Is it the same with the villains? Complete them all?

I think I've gotten 5 extra balls ever and 4 of them have come in the past 4 days

#10808 6 years ago

New owner here but I believe if hero stacking is off you need to complete all hero and play (but not complete) Magneto multiball to get to danger room. If heroes stack then you have to complete Magneto super to light Danger room.

So far, I'm not even close to completing all heroes...heck, I don't think I've had a game where I've even started all of them. So far my best is about 60million but I have extra ball set on score (is that a sliding scale based on previous games?) so it is not hard to end up playing 4 balls.

#10809 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I think I've gotten 5 extra balls ever and 4 of them have come in the past 4 days

Should be an extra ball when you beat Night Crawlers. Lit at the scoop. Night Crawlers pop up when you finish 3 (?) heroes. (This is on the LE ..)

Also, I think there is another one lit when you beat 3 (?) villains.

To get to Danger Room, you need to finish all the heroes.

* from memory * with stacking OFF you don't need the Mag SJP. With stacking ON I think you do need the Mag SJP.

There was a rule sheet on Pinside a while back ... maybe someone can link it for us.

rd

#10810 6 years ago

With hero stacking off you must complete each hero (lit solid, not blinking on the pf) and then start a magneto multiball once theyve all been completed. You dont need to defeat magneto with stacking off to light danger room.
With hero stacking on you only need to start each hero and then start magneto multiball. With stacking on you must beat magneto and collect the super jackpot. IMO getting to danger room is MUCH easier with stacking on.

To get to dark phoenix you must beat all of the villians, just starting them wont do it.

Extra balls are given (on factory settings) for completing night crawler (only given once, defeating nightcrawler a second time only awards points), defeating 3 villians, and getting 10 unique combos

#10811 6 years ago

Ok I was 1 hero off completing the heroes and I had started magneto earlier in the game. I'm going to say it was Phoenix that I hadn't finished. Kind of struggle a little with that loop shot. Been smashing the beast and Xavier shots lately which is satisfying albeit with the newton ball mod. Such a great game!

#10812 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

With hero stacking off you must complete each hero (lit solid, not blinking on the pf) and then start a magneto multiball once theyve all been completed

I don't think that is the case.

You just need to have played Magneto during the process of completing the heroes.

McMurdo Station? Wouldn't the ice freeze the pins?

rd

#10813 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wouldn't the ice freeze the pins?
rd

Among other things!

#10814 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don't think that is the case. You just need to have played Magneto during the process of completing the heroes.
rd

Gonna have to respectively disagree RD. Just played thru with stacking off and didnt get danger room until after playing mag multiball. Managed to pull this together tho

20170425_235916 (resized).jpg20170425_235916 (resized).jpg

#10815 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Gonna have to respectively disagree RD. Just played thru with stacking off and didnt get danger room until after playing mag multiball. Managed to pull this together tho

From the rule sheet:

Danger Room

Danger Room is Professor Xavier’s training room for his X-Men.
Lighting Danger Room at the scoop differs based on whether or not you have Hero Stacking turned on.
Hero Stacking Off (default): Complete all heroes (there is no requirement to start or complete Magneto).
Hero Stacking On: Start all heroes prior to activating Magneto Multiball. Start a max 4 ball Magneto Multiball. Earn Magneto Super Jackpot by defeating Magneto.

I dunno!

All I can say is that when I finish the last hero on my LE, I go straight into Danger Room, as per the above rules.

I take it you're running the latest code? Things changed a lot over time ...

rd

#10816 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I take it you're running the latest code? Things changed a lot over time ...rd

Good call, Audioenslaved was most helpfull in sending me a bunch of the old rom files that i was playing around with to see when dark phoenix turned to single ball. Ill have to check what version im at.

#10817 6 years ago

Getting to danger room with hero stacking on (my preference):

1. Start (or complete all heros)
2. Play Magneto multiball and collect super jackpot
3. Danger Room is lit at the scoop
4. Shoot scoop to start Danger Room

Quoted from rotordave:

From the rule sheet:
Hero Stacking On: Start all heroes prior to activating Magneto Multiball. Start a max 4 ball Magneto Multiball. Earn Magneto Super Jackpot by defeating Magneto.

#10818 6 years ago

Just joined the club! beautiful games but have no idea what I'm doing yet.lol Sure does have a lot to offer for the same price as some pros.

#10819 6 years ago

Three questions:

1. Does anyone increase the time for hero completion? Villians are mostly like 45 seconds but heros are 20 but I've thought about bumping that up a little

2. Not 100% sure what I'm doing on each mode. Most heroes look like you have to hit them again a time or two after hitting hem twice to start. Is there more to it than that? I did figure out and defeat omega red one time and that was pretty cool.

3. In settings, leave magneto mb on medium or bump up to hard so that your first rogue or Phoenix shot is not a lock (to hold off starting magneto too quickly to maximize number of heroes started for magneto scoring)

Thanks

#10821 6 years ago

Great read and helpful. Thanks RD. Do most of you keep default settings on the timer for heroes? Some of those suckers are hard to complete in only 20 seconds and I find myself getting timed out of the mode frequently.

#10822 6 years ago

My Magneto LE is on location, so it is powered on over 12 hours a day. Occasionally, probably after 9 hours, the volume will go to max and is extremely loud. A power cycle will get things back to normal. I have updated code and I've looked through the code release notes and I don't see any mention of this issue. Anyone else have something like this happen after the game has been powered on for hours?

#10823 6 years ago

Great read and helpful. Thanks RD. Do most of you keep default settings on the timer for heroes? Some of those suckers are hard to complete in only 20 seconds and I find myself getting timed out of the mode frequently.

All my pins are factory settings. Sometimes you'll need a couple of goes at knocking off the heroes. It's a tough game.

rd

#10824 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding the newton ball mod to my LE. I used the wolverine paper weight to top it off. The blue disc is actually a modified furniture footie pad. I painted that blue. I sprayed clear over it all too. Looks awesome in the game. I also used a black sharpie to color in the wood. Can't even notice it now. This game is WAAAAYYYYY better with this mod. I was hesitant because I'm not a mod guy. SO GLAD I DID THIS!!!

IMG_9433 (resized).JPGIMG_9433 (resized).JPG

IMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPG

IMG_9434 (resized).JPGIMG_9434 (resized).JPG

#10825 6 years ago

Oh yeah I also put a washer under the newton ball and used blue post sleeves. These sleeves are thinner so I actually used 4 instead of the recommended 3. No problems at all.

#10826 6 years ago

I really like the stand you put Wolverine on. Mine is just some fairly ugly plastic. Might have to look into doing that.

#10827 6 years ago

Thanks. Yeah the 3D printed top and exposed screws is pretty ugly IMO. Definitely needs to be covered. Super easy fix.

#10828 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I used the wolverine paper weight to top it off.

Where did you get the paper weight? It looks awesome on top of the painted furniture pad, nice work!

#10829 6 years ago

I've got a brand new wolverine and the magneto replacement plastic mod for sale. Going to Allentown Pinfest and pm me if interested

#10830 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I've got a brand new wolverine and the magneto replacement plastic mod for sale. Going to Allentown Pinfest and pm me if interested

What is this mod?

#10831 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Finally got around to adding the newton ball mod to my LE. I used the wolverine paper weight to top it off. The blue disc is actually a modified furniture footie pad. I painted that blue. I sprayed clear over it all too. Looks awesome in the game. I also used a black sharpie to color in the wood. Can't even notice it now. This game is WAAAAYYYYY better with this mod. I was hesitant because I'm not a mod guy. SO GLAD I DID THIS!!!

Awesome to hear. You are the exact type of person I went to all the trouble of getting this to MezelMod and asking him to carry these. He did have to make some alterations and find the correct switch (I still feel bad about not knowing which one to use). I don't think I have heard from anyone that bought it and installed it or played one that did NOT like it. If anyone does, let me know the reason they say it is bad.

#10832 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Where did you get the paper weight? It looks awesome on top of the painted furniture pad, nice work!

I can't remember exactly where I ordered it, but here is one. Good price too!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03Q0C01847

#10833 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can't remember exactly where I ordered it, but here is one. Good price too!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03Q0C01847

Thanks! Unfortunately out of stock already.
I signed up to be notified when they get them back in.

1 week later
#10834 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Awesome to hear. You are the exact type of person I went to all the trouble of getting this to MezelMod and asking him to carry these. He did have to make some alterations and find the correct switch (I still feel bad about not knowing which one to use). I don't think I have heard from anyone that bought it and installed it or played one that did NOT like it. If anyone does, let me know the reason they say it is bad.

This newton ball turns a great game into, I think, one of the top five games EVER. I just installed mine. A few issues..bracket was a VERY tight fit into the slot and I did damage it slightly going in due to the forces required, and all the posts have the wrong thread and don't bind with the playfield holes so the cage is just sitting there at the moment. I will just order the right posts, no biggy.
BUT, the end result is magic and way beyond even my heightened expectations.. Beast opened up, Storm via Beast opened up, Xavy opened up, Wolvie hits lowered. My goodness, so many things fixed. And NOT in a way that feels like cheating..you still have to hit the shots, there's just no cock blocking going on.
I also found the nice Wolvie paperweight bust in Japan and have ordered one. Can't wait to get that on.

IMG20170514111437 (resized).jpgIMG20170514111437 (resized).jpg

#10835 6 years ago

I can never make beast to storm or rogue shot. They seem to rattle out if there is too much velocity coming to the right upper flipper. Any suggested tweaks for this?

#10836 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This newton ball turns a great game into, I think, one of the top five games EVER. I just installed mine. A few issues..bracket was a VERY tight fit into the slot and I did damage it slightly going in due to the forces required, and all the posts have the wrong thread and don't bind with the playfield holes so the cage is just sitting there at the moment. I will just order the right posts, no biggy.
BUT, the end result is magic and way beyond even my heightened expectations.. Beast opened up, Storm via Beast opened up, Xavy opened up, Wolvie hits lowered. My goodness, so many things fixed. And NOT in a way that feels like cheating..you still have to hit the shots, there's just no cock blocking going on.
I also found the nice Wolvie paperweight bust in Japan and have ordered one. Can't wait to get that on.

The mod is a winner.

People who say it is "cheating" don't get the idea of it.

It BALANCES the game.

IMO cheating is hitting the standard huge gimme wolverine figure 100x in a row. Lol. The mod removes that aspect from the game.

If it didn't make it better, it wouldn't be on my machine.

rd

#10837 6 years ago

I can never make beast to storm or rogue shot. They seem to rattle out if there is too much velocity coming to the right upper flipper. Any suggested tweaks for this?

Shoot them from the Cyclops shot instead. The ball is going way slower.

rd

#10838 6 years ago

Storm rattles around and comes back due to the position of the gate. Some people have moved the gate up on the top of the ramp just before where the VUK empties out.

Rogue is a similar problem due to the ball riding the ball guide and going over the switch or hitting the gate bracket behind Magneto and rolling back down the Rogue shot. I added a plastic above the ball guide to bring the ball down so it makes contact with the switch and doesn't hit the bracket on the gate behind Magneto.

I will post some pics of my machine soon or I can do a short video of the tweaks I have made to make it play great.

Tweaks:
Plastic above Rogue shot to bring the ball down.
Replaced Magneto and relocated the internal lamp (inside the giant Magneto).
Newton ball (of course)
Blackbird toy replaces the plastics above the scoop.

#10839 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I believe MezelMods said they had sent out some of the wrong posts for the kit. You may want to check with them before you buy different ones. The posts just add stability and prevent the ball from being hit on the side from the upper flipper and the right flipper. The slot itself + the newton ball are really what hold the whole thing in place. You could use a washer above and below the playfield to hold it even better with only the newton ball (as that would allow it to clap the playfield.

Thanks for the kind words. This mod makes the game great. Wolverine starting every five minutes while playing and being overly sensitive (which I adjusted so it wouldn't start from a ball passing by) was no fun to me. I love hitting the beast shot and then the Storm ramp (when the gate doesn't block the ball). To me, this is how the game should have been made. I love what Borg made, but just feel the Wolverine mold killed a lot of what made it great (and the early firmwares).

#10840 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Storm rattles around and comes back due to the position of the gate. Some people have moved the gate up on the top of the ramp just before where the VUK empties out.
Rogue is a similar problem due to the ball riding the ball guide and going over the switch or hitting the gate bracket behind Magneto and rolling back down the Rogue shot. I added a plastic above the ball guide to bring the ball down so it makes contact with the switch and doesn't hit the bracket on the gate behind Magneto.
I will post some pics of my machine soon or I can do a short video of the tweaks I have made to make it play great.
Tweaks:
Plastic above Rogue shot to bring the ball down.
Replaced Magneto and relocated the internal lamp (inside the giant Magneto).
Newton ball (of course)
Blackbird toy replaces the plastics above the scoop.

The plastic above rogue makes such a difference! I just used a random clear cutoff I had sitting around. It's so far back there you can't even see it, so it doesn't need to look pretty, but what a difference!

#10841 6 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

The plastic above rogue makes such a difference! I just used a random clear cutoff I had sitting around. It's so far back there you can't even see it, so it doesn't need to look pretty, but what a difference!

Can you post a picture of this?

#10842 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Can you post a picture of this?

O don't have my game at my house right now, so not any time soon. I'll try to remember next time I am at my friend's place.

#10843 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the decal/pad on the magneto spinning disc?

#10844 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Has anyone replaced the decal/pad on the magneto spinning disc?

Been looking for a replacement or 2 myself. Can't find one.

#10845 6 years ago

Apparently it's a 820-7001-00 but I haven't seen it or know how much it cost

#10846 6 years ago

Also just to let everyone know I've created some storage for old code files. I've got all the xmen from 124 to 150. I can't remember if I've got 151 but I should get that if I don't. If you want the details just pm me for them

#10847 6 years ago

Got the Wolvie paperweight from Japan. Cut off the base, drill the captive ball plate, drill up Wolvie's guts from the bottom, one screw, a couple of washers and voila. Absolutely perfect. Love it.
The game is at least 1.8 times better with this mod.
X-Men is without a doubt, the single most underrated game in existence.

1 week later
#10848 6 years ago

Very happy to say Finally got myself wolverine x-men LE today after waiting couple years for one to pop up. there are only 4LE in NZ 2 Magneto and 2 wolverine it's one most favorite games. Now got XMenLE need start saving $$$ start buying mods for machine

20170527_234123 (resized).jpg20170527_234123 (resized).jpg

20170528_003004 (resized).jpg20170528_003004 (resized).jpg

#10849 6 years ago

My right night crawler (wolvie LE) is busted- in coil test, r. night crawler latch and r. night crawler up don't do anything. No tech alerts, no problems I can find in switch test. Took a look at the assembly and there's no obvious problems (wires are all connected, no signs the coil is burnt out). Where should I start looking?

The problem first showed up as that right nightcrawler randomly popping up during the game effects where it's supposed to just act as a shaker.

#10850 6 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

My right night crawler (wolvie LE) is busted- in coil test, r. night crawler latch and r. night crawler up don't do anything. No tech alerts, no problems I can find in switch test. Took a look at the assembly and there's no obvious problems (wires are all connected, no signs the coil is burnt out). Where should I start looking?
The problem first showed up as that right nightcrawler randomly popping up during the game effects where it's supposed to just act as a shaker.

Sounds like the Aux board. Maybe give Stern a call Monday and have a chat.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/217?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.