(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 251.
#10701 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I often play my best games in the morning. Funny that ... must be refreshed or relaxed or something.
rd

Me too, but it's definitely because there is much less chance of alcohol being involved.

#10702 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Me too, but it's definitely because there is much less chance of alcohol being involved.

No, no, alcohol makes you play better. Of course things are upside down in Oz.

#10703 7 years ago

Plus 1 . Always have my best games around 11am, usually when I'm meant to be at work.

#10704 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I noticed when I put my cliffy in the ball dosent go in anyware near as easily as what it did without, I preferred it without but wouldn't take that long for the hole to get chewed out.

I prefer the game to work as the designer intends, so I use a Mantis protector which sits inside the hole. Some games it doesn't matter, but the Cliffy on XM and Tron scoops change game play.

#10705 7 years ago

Never heard of a Mantis protector. Will have to check it out. The cliffy came with my game uninstalled, so I installed it when I saw a little hole wear starting. So no money out of my pocket for the cliffy. Thanks for the tip.

#10706 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Never heard of a Mantis protector. Will have to check it out.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/protector.htm. I use this and paint some Hard-As-Nails on the edges of the scoop to prevent wear (it's like adding clear coat to the normally bare wood on scoop edges).

#10707 7 years ago

Ok, I'll give that a try. Good idea with the hard-as-nails since I'd want to protect the hole edges from any further damage.

1 week later
#10708 7 years ago

This is getting ridiculous. X-Men death match claims another scalp. I just put my Spidey up for sale. I take one look at it..and play X-Men.
Fatalities so far..
WoZ
Hobbit
GB Premium
AFM
SMVE

#10709 7 years ago

Anyone else have an issue where the scoop does not eject (until there is a ball search) when you start Juggernaut? Doesn't happen to me everytime, but it's happened often enough to be an annoyance. I've tested the switch and it doesn't seem to be a switch problem. I'm wondering whether there is a software glitch. I have a Pro btw.

#10710 7 years ago

Can someone help me get some new sounds for the LE? any custom Jobs completed

#10711 7 years ago

SOoooo Looking forward to the Delivery of this game..

#10712 7 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

SOoooo Looking forward to the Delivery of this game..

Nice. Enjoy it

#10713 7 years ago

Made it to (and through) Dark Phoenix for the first time. What an amazing and ridiculously fun game!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#10714 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Made it to (and through) Dark Phoenix for the first time. What an amazing and ridiculously fun game!

Good work!

rd

#10715 7 years ago

1481404667341-41576563 (resized).jpg1481404667341-41576563 (resized).jpg

#10716 7 years ago

Nice way to mount it using the post into the pop bumper.

1 week later
#10717 7 years ago

Software bug?

Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone else has noticed a bug with the extra ball award. I just played my best ever game, 1 hero short of getting to hero wizard mode. Along the way I earned 2 extra balls, animations showed the award being earned. I was then never given the extra balls after I drained. It stayed a 3 ball game.

Is this a bug or a possible setting that I am not aware of in the menu options.

#10718 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Software bug?
Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone else has noticed a bug with the extra ball award. I just played my best ever game, 1 hero short of getting to hero wizard mode. Along the way I earned 2 extra balls, animations showed the award being earned. I was then never given the extra balls after I drained. It stayed a 3 ball game.

You don't get multiple extra balls at the end of the game. You just get to shoot again at whatever ball you're on. Did you earn the extra balls on different balls, or all on ball three?

#10719 7 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Software bug?

Is the game on "factory settings"?

If so, you get extra balls.

However if the "maximum extra balls" setting is adjusted to "0" then you get points instead of an extra ball. This is how competition games are usually set up.

If you go into the menu, click on "spi" and about the 5th item is "maximum extra balls". Factory default is usually 5 (?) See what yours is set to.

(All that is from memory, I am nowhere near my Xmen right now ...)

rd

#10720 7 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Anyone else have an issue where the scoop does not eject (until there is a ball search) when you start Juggernaut? Doesn't happen to me everytime, but it's happened often enough to be an annoyance. I've tested the switch and it doesn't seem to be a switch problem. I'm wondering whether there is a software glitch. I have a Pro btw.

Mine does the same thing, also a Pro.

#10721 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

However if the "maximum extra balls" setting is adjusted to "0" then you get points instead of an extra ball. This is how competition games are usually set up.
If you go into the menu, click on "spi" and about the 5th item is "maximum extra balls". Factory default is usually 5 (?) See what yours is set to.
rd

You nailed it RotorDave. Somehow the extra balls was set to 0. When I got the game initially, I had reset all the audits, I should have done a factory reset. Guess the previous owner liked tournament play.

#10722 7 years ago

Can't wait to put BM66 in a death match with X-Men.

images (9) (resized).jpgimages (9) (resized).jpg

#10723 7 years ago

I bought this poster a while back to put next to my X-Men. It looks great and everyone has loved it.

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Uncanny-X-Men-No-123-Cover-Arcade-Posters_i13757024_.htm

john-byrne-uncanny-x-men-no-123-cover-arcade.jpgjohn-byrne-uncanny-x-men-no-123-cover-arcade.jpg

#10724 7 years ago

Any suggestions of changes I can make to keep the ball from getting stuck like this on the Storm ramp?

IMG_3171 (resized).JPGIMG_3171 (resized).JPG

#10726 7 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Any suggestions of changes I can make to keep the ball from getting stuck like this on the Storm ramp?

There is an old fix I believe for replacing that post with a different one that takes a post sleeve.

#10727 7 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Replace the posts with the better ones.

#10728 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

There is an old fix I believe for replacing that post with a different one that takes a post sleeve.

That's the first thing I did on my game... all posts at ramp entrances were changed to ones with post sleeves. The "official thread"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

#10729 7 years ago

Even with old post it should not hang up. Is the night crawler level with the playfield?

#10730 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Speaking of Extra Balls, what is the default setting for when you get them? I think mine awards at 4 heroes completed and 3 villains completed, but it seems like that isn't always the case.

#10731 7 years ago

Im pretty sure factory settings award an extra ball for defeating night crawler (only given once), defeating 3 villians, and completing 10 unique combo callouts. The blackbird will rarely give one as well.

2 weeks later
#10732 7 years ago

My X-Men LE is up for sale...at a reduced & firesale price: $5200.
Robert
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43042

Added over 7 years ago: SOLD

#10733 7 years ago

My Blackbird scoop switch is acting up. Not registering and kicking the ball out. Anyone have the manual handy and/or can tell me the part number for it? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

#10734 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

My Blackbird scoop switch is acting up. Not registering and kicking the ball out. Anyone have the manual handy and/or can tell me the part number for it? Appreciate the help. Thanks.

500-5809-01 for the whole assy
180-5057-00 for the switch

#10735 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Check to make sure the metal scoop is not bent and causing the ball not to hold the switch closed long enough. That happened to me. Check the switch in the diagnosis matrix on the dmd

#10736 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Probably just needs an adjustment. Check the wires too. As per above, check it out in switch test.

rd

#10737 7 years ago

I'll double check those things. Thanks for the tips and the part numbers guys!

1 week later
#10738 7 years ago

Let the next installment of the death match commence!

IMG20170122183246 (resized).jpgIMG20170122183246 (resized).jpg

#10739 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Let the next installment of the death match commence!

Hey that looks familiar...

#10740 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Hey that looks familiar...

Lol, and Shadow's like, "Jeez, I'm next to another X-Men?! Gimme a break!"

And I'm going to have to change the death match rules. After forcing me to sell five machines, I feel Magneto's done his work in helping me thin the heard. Loser here won't get sold. I've looked too long for TS!

#10741 7 years ago

TS is a good mate for Mags.
Now that's out of the way...
I'll go ahead and predict how things go for your B66' title match.
XMLE victorious 1st round 20 seconds in, TKO.

#10742 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'll go ahead and predict how things go for your B66' title match.
XMLE victorious 1st round 20 seconds in, TKO.

Ooooooofffff!!

Nimblenuts laying down the smack on B66!

TimeBandit aka Michael, are you going to Texas this year?

rd

#10743 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

TimeBandit aka Michael, are you going to Texas this year?

Aarggh..can't quite squeeze it in, damn it. Was trying hard for that or Pincade, but biz demands look like keeping me from both. Were you after a lift? Hahaha!

#10744 7 years ago

I got to dark Phoenix for the second time last night and have a question about the rules. Is it possible to complete it? Or do you have to keep the ball alive until the timer runs out? It felt like it was never going to end and I just kept racking up the points!

#10745 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Aarggh..can't quite squeeze it in, damn it. Was trying hard for that or Pincade, but biz demands look like keeping me from both. Were you after a lift? Hahaha!

No Pincade? Blasphemy!

rd

#10746 7 years ago

Hey guys, was looking to see of anyone in the Philadelphia/NJ area was looking to transfer their membership to the xmen club? (Looking for a pro)

#10747 7 years ago

My HUO LE Wolverine is for sale in Glendale, AZ. $5200. Gotta make room for that baby nursery.

#10748 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

I got to dark Phoenix for the second time last night and have a question about the rules. Is it possible to complete it? Or do you have to keep the ball alive until the timer runs out? It felt like it was never going to end and I just kept racking up the points!

You can complete it but you need to be on your A game. Theres a 10 minute timer in the top right corner of the dmd and once it reaches 0 the mode ends. Theres a pretty good animation for completing it. Its easier said than done as you need to continually make shots to add time to the 3 other timers related to the playfield. If one of the 3 runs out of time or you drain the corresponding shots wont be lit anymore and wont award points or count toward the mode. Definitely an oddball wizard mode.

#10749 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

You can complete it but you need to be on your A game. Theres a 10 minute timer in the top right corner of the dmd and once it reaches 0 the mode ends. Theres a pretty good animation for completing it. Its easier said than done as you need to continually make shots to add time to the 3 other timers related to the playfield. If one of the 3 runs out of time or you drain the corresponding shots wont be lit anymore and wont award points or count toward the mode. Definitely an oddball wizard mode.

Yeah, I got the three balls part, and the three groups of shots. I was down to my last ball with probably 5 minutes left and just kept pounding the ball up into the magneto area until I finally got a bad bounce and drained. Is it like the rest of the modes where you have to do enough damage to complete it? Maybe there was damage bar that I missed...

#10750 7 years ago

I dont think its a shot/damage based mode. The only times i have completed it was when the timer in the upper right corner of the dmd went to zero. Danger room will end once you have hit enought shots though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/215?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.