(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 251.
#10451 7 years ago

I did that 90s animated theme music for game over (which is also night crawler music) and I replaced with Wolverine weapon X multiball panting atrocity with Queens of The Stone Age - Misfit Love instrumental intro.

I love the callouts and everything else about this game. My family troubles have improved and it looks like I can keep it for now. So happy. Ridiculous amount of modes, heroes, villains, multiballs. and more and more

1 week later
#10452 7 years ago

Magneto in the house! Why have I ignored this amazing game for so long??
One issue. And I've searched really hard to try find the answer first, and I keep coming up against the aux board issue, which I'm not sure is related to this.. The magneto magnet clacking when you hit the light lock targets. I've seen others have had the issue a lot. Was there ever a fix for it?

#10453 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Magneto in the house! Why have I ignored this amazing game for so long??
One issue. And I've searched really hard to try find the answer first, and I keep coming up against the aux board issue, which I'm not sure is related to this.. The magneto magnet clacking when you hit the light lock targets. I've seen others have had the issue a lot. Was there ever a fix for it?

While the problem with the original aux board usually manifests itself with Nightcrawler issues, it has also been known to cause other random glitches. I had an original board, and my game had all sorts of weird issues, including random resets and a stuck on Wolvie magnet. Once I swapped out the board, all my problems went away.

#10454 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

While the problem with the original aux board usually manifests itself with Nightcrawler issues, it has also been known to cause other random glitches. I had an original board, and my game had all sorts of weird issues, including random resets and a stuck on Wolvie magnet. Once I swapped out the board, all my problems went away.

Thanks Brian. Checked, and I have the rev B board already in. Maybe just turning up the volume and adding the external sub is the answer. I've put some 3mm high density foam tape in the magnet gap as well. Dampen and drown. That's the strategy.

#10455 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The magneto magnet clacking when you hit the light lock targets. I've seen others have had the issue a lot. Was there ever a fix for it?

There was an issue with a clacking/thumping noise when the Magneto magnet was spinning up, was resolved by putting a 5/16 e-ring on the motor shaft. Not sure if it is the same issue or not, but on mine it was happening even in magnet test, and there was some up and down play on the spinning disc.

#10456 7 years ago

So TimeBandit, how long till we will see the XMen Pro Total Lightshow?

#10457 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

So TimeBandit, how long till we will see the XMen Pro Total Lightshow?

23 days.

#10458 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

There was an issue with a clacking/thumping noise when the Magneto magnet was spinning up, was resolved by putting a 5/16 e-ring on the motor shaft. Not sure if it is the same issue or not, but on mine it was happening even in magnet test, and there was some up and down play on the spinning disc.

Yep, this was a problem for some dudes early on. I never had any problems (I still have the original aux board!)

You'll find some info on it back at the start of this thread.

rd

#10459 7 years ago

Total noob about pinball repair- what do I have to do to fix my Wolverine bash toy so that it's aligned? What I would like is for his belt buckle to be aligned with the magnet- right now he's pointed more towards the left side of the playfield. Is it possible to turn the toy, or do I have to completely disassemble/reassemble it?

#10460 7 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Total noob about pinball repair- what do I have to do to fix my Wolverine bash toy so that it's aligned? What I would like is for his belt buckle to be aligned with the magnet- right now he's pointed more towards the left side of the playfield. Is it possible to turn the toy, or do I have to completely disassemble/reassemble it?

There are two screws on his back. The figure tends to move around.

I found you could adjust/remove these screws by taking off the adjacent pop bumper cap.

Maybe put a bigger washer on the screws and tighten it up to hell.

rd

#10461 7 years ago

I just picked up a Wolverine LE last weekend from a great Pinsider. Just got it moved into my game room a few days ago and I've put about 30 games on it so far. It's a really fun game and I love the seemingly deep rule set. The game hasn't completely clicked with me yet, but I know it will soon. It feels like there is a lot to this machine and I feel like I'm just starting to scratch the surface. Once I start to figure out what I'm doing, I have the feeling this will earn a permanent spot in my collection. I love the animations and the Color DMD really seems to shine on this title!

x-men_le (resized).pngx-men_le (resized).png

#10462 7 years ago

Could anyone do me a favour and tell me the size of the 2 screws on wolverines back that mounts him to the switch. I can't find the manual online and Won't be near my machine for a few days. Thank you!

#10463 7 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Could anyone do me a favour and tell me the size of the 2 screws on wolverines back that mounts him to the switch. I can't find the manual online and Won't be near my machine for a few days. Thank you!

6-32 x 1/2"
That's what it says in the manual, but I just pulled mine out and they are 3/4" long.

#10464 7 years ago

One little gameplay rule I'm not sure of. Sometimes one of the inlane " Launch " inserts flashes like its lit for something other than its normal lane change/light scoop function, what's it flashing for?

#10465 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

6-32 x 1/2"
That's what it says in the manual, but I just pulled mine out and they are 3/4" long.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it

#10466 7 years ago

Does the light inside Wolvie's head ever come on? Its a controlled lamp that you can flash in test mode, but I've never seen it activate during gameplay.

#10467 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

One little gameplay rule I'm not sure of. Sometimes one of the inlane " Launch " inserts flashes like its lit for something other than its normal lane change/light scoop function, what's it flashing for?

That happens when the Iceman mode is running. On the LE, you hit his shot and the ramp (which moves) drops the ball on that flashing inlane (the left most).

#10468 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

That happens when the Iceman mode is running. On the LE, you hit his shot and the ramp (which moves) drops the ball on that flashing inlane (the left most).

For the Pro, it is a bug as it is impossible to hit the left inlane from the Ice-Man ramp.

#10469 7 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

The belt guard that MezelMods sells comes with a piece to align Wolverine with the magnet. You can go that path and protect Wolverine from eventually breaking (hole through the waist) or get the newton ball mode.

#10470 7 years ago

I just recently upgraded my pro to a le and have been working out some issues on it. Can anyone tell me if its normal for the ice man ramp to move back and forth when fighting a villian and Ice man mode is not active?

#10471 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I just recently upgraded my pro to a le and have been working out some issues on it. Can anyone tell me if its normal for the ice man ramp to move back and forth when fighting a villian and Ice man mode is not active?

Yes. Sabretooth definitely. Maybe others

#10472 7 years ago

Sweet thanx TB. Cant wait to get my grubby mits on the new aprons your making. im thinking the purple is gonna look great on mine!

#10473 7 years ago
Quoted from retrotilt:

I love the animations and the Color DMD really seems to shine on this title!

I think they are easily the best and most fitting of any title I've seen.

I haven't stopped playing this since I was fortunate enough to keep it.

It's relaxing in an intense way? Silly in a serious way? Just plain fun.

#10474 7 years ago

Hi guys , i recently moved house an noticed now my xmen is giving a three ball multiball when starting wolverine instead of 2 so somthing moved out of place when moving the machines, does anyone know where I must look to fix the problem please?

#10475 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys , i recently moved house an noticed now my xmen is giving a three ball multiball when starting wolverine instead of 2

Bonus!

Check the ball trough switches, esp the small molex plugs on the Jam switch near the coil.

Any other funkyness? Games ending early etc?

rd

#10476 7 years ago

This game sucks so hard for so many reasons.

#10477 7 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Thanks for your valuable input.

rd

#10478 7 years ago

Damn. I'll have to sell it now. And here I was enjoying it more than I have a new machine in a long time.

#10479 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Damn. I'll have to sell it now. And here I was enjoying it more than I have a new machine in a long time.

Yeah man! You're a retard for liking that machine! Sell it now!!!

rd

#10481 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Does the light inside Wolvie's head ever come on? Its a controlled lamp that you can flash in test mode, but I've never seen it activate during gameplay.

It was never coded into the game. Because you can't really see it light unless you mod / cut the white eyes out. But if you remove the wires and tie it into the insert instead it will work when the mode is lit.

I did that when I still had my Magneto. Cut the eyes and added a red led flasher
One of the pins I miss owning.

#10482 7 years ago

Sorry, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to slam x-men. Would it be more constructive if I enumerated the reasons I hate it so?

#10483 7 years ago

Sorry, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to slam x-men. Would it be more constructive if I enumerated the reasons I hate it so?

Try not sucking at pinball for a change

#10484 7 years ago

I dislike WOZ greatly. However, I don't bother going into the WOZ threads to disparage it.

Not a good use of my time, and not in the interest of the thread.

Sorta like going into a vegetarian restaurant and waving around a side of beef. What's the point? What's to gain from doing that? How will their lives been enhanced by your actions? Answer - they won't. So don't do it.

rd

#10485 7 years ago

Are there any strong thoughts on these options?

IMG20160903170306 (resized).jpgIMG20160903170306 (resized).jpg

IMG20160903170246 (resized).jpgIMG20160903170246 (resized).jpg

IMG20160903170232 (resized).jpgIMG20160903170232 (resized).jpg

#10486 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I dislike WOZ greatly. However, I don't bother going into the WOZ threads to disparage it.
Sorta like going into a vegetarian restaurant and waving around a side of beef. What's the point? What's to gain from doing that? How will their lives been enhanced by your actions? Answer - they won't. So don't do it.
rd

I was simply stating an opinion, and isn't that reasonable? I find you quite disagreeable. And while you are entitled to your opinion, it is impolite to tell other people what to do.

#10487 7 years ago

I was simply stating an opinion, and isn't that reasonable? I find you quite disagreeable. And while you are entitled to your opinion, it is impolite to tell other people what to do.

Would it be more constructive if I enumerated the reasons I hate it so?

You asked.

#10488 7 years ago

It's the "Xmen club thread"

At least that's what I read at the top of the page.

Generally, a Pinside club is where people gather to discuss something they own, or want to own. Not to come in and say they don't like it.

But you go for gold, champ. Whatever floats your boat.

rd

#10489 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Are there any strong thoughts on these options?

Personally, I like it Factory settings all the way.

It certainly becomes much easier when you turn on the Hero Stacking, as you can blaze away and every shot does something. But personally I think it turns into a hot mess.

Give it a go, see what you think.

Don't change the other two though.

rd

#10490 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

You just need to play it more RD great game! When I was going to buy it after the fiasco down here I played it a few times to think weither or not to put my money down. Did not like it, I wanted to like it but I was putting up scores of 10k a getting nowhere fast! Then I played a few games with Timmy where he explained what to do and it was like a bolt of lightning struck me and the brilliance of the game came out. But hey that's me and I love my Xmen too

#10491 7 years ago

As RD said xmen stacking for me is a no. It is a cluster F. When the hero stacking came out in 1.3 (I think) I played a few games and reverted to 1.25! It was just too much for me and I really didn't like it. And leaving hero stack off makes the game harder as you've got to progress through the modes individually.

#10492 7 years ago

Oh and if you want more of a challenge and to open up beast/xavier a little get RD's Newton ball mod! I love it! The mod has a two pronged effect.
1 makes beast/xavier that ever so slight bit easier to hit (both shots are still hard you just don't have Wolvie blocking your shot)
2 makes Wolvie harder to start because you're not accidentally hitting him when going for the beast shot

I generally don't mod my games much if at all but this mod is certainly a game changer

#10493 7 years ago

Agree TB with stacking on it turns into a mess..

#10494 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

His head does light up during attract mode, so if you keep an eye on it then you can see how unnoticeable it is.

#10495 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I generally don't mod my games much if at all but this mod is certainly a game changer

As you know, I NEVER mod my games (aside from tasteful LEDs) ... except for this mod. It greatly improves the balance of the game.

PS although I was involved, it's really Jeremy's baby.

rd

#10496 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

You just need to play it more RD great game

Yes, I was playing PaulOzs WOZ last week, and was saying to someone you need to have this thing in your house for a month to figure out WTF is going on with it.

I think for home use, it's great!

But it fails as an amusement machine, because you should be able to walk up to something, and within a game, figure out "hit wolverine 3 times and multiball starts" or "hit magneto a number of times and multiball starts" or whatever. WOZ ... I've played it 30 times and I still don't know what to do lol

rd

#10497 7 years ago

When i play on my own i like to have hero stacking on, when others come to play i usually turn it back off. People who havent played it much seem to fimd it maddening when you start more than 2 at a time. It does make getting to the danger room much easier but also more monotonous when completing 1 hero at a time. I wish the display would divi up into sections to show you what was going on with various modes since you can have 5+ modes going all at once. I guess this game is just way ahead of its time.

#10498 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, I was playing PaulOzs WOZ last week, and was saying to someone you need to have this thing in your house for a month to figure out WTF is going on with it.
I think for home use, it's great!
But it fails as an amusement machine, because you should be able to walk up to something, and within a game, figure out "hit wolverine 3 times and multiball starts" or "hit magneto a number of times and multiball starts" or whatever. WOZ ... I've played it 30 times and I still don't know what to do lol
rd

1000% agree here RD. You can't get a feel for what to do by just playing. I think with the new code it says something on the screen about what to do. But other than that it's bs... The only things that really feels intuitive on the game are the skill shots and emerald city multiball start once you've got the locks

#10499 7 years ago

Back to xmen and how awesome that game is ps timebandit if you want to try the Newton ball mod before you buy it you're more than welcome to come to western Sydney for a game or 10

#10500 7 years ago

I was simply stating an opinion, and isn't that reasonable?

As state above, this a "club thread". Things would be a bit different if the thread was named "Would you prefer X-men over XX?"

As a general comment, we expect people to be nice in club threads. Having an opinion is OK, but statements like "This game sucks so hard for so many reasons." have *nothing* to do in a thread like this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/210?hl=neuromancer87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.