(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 251.
#10401 7 years ago

$4100 for my HUO

#10402 7 years ago

Bit to far.

#10403 7 years ago

May be getting back in tbe club. Sold my HUO Wolverine a few weeks ago to help fund my Hobbit LE. Well, then sold my HUO MET Pro to help fund a GB premium.

Now Stern may be having playfield issues and is charging nearly $7k for a premium! I have a great opportunity to get a HUO Magneto, perfect shape, very low plays with a ton of mods. I liked my Wolverine but this one is even in slightly better shape.

#10404 7 years ago

Have had mine for yrs and love it still. Bring it back man bring it back ! I would like a finishing code polish though.

#10405 7 years ago

What does everyone with an LE do to get rid of the intense glare on the pf glass from the back box?

#10406 7 years ago

I wrapped the flourescent tube with regular printer paper, one sheet on each half of the tube to diffuse the lighting. It works great!

Quoted from ryandimx:

What does everyone with an LE do to get rid of the intense glare on the pf glass from the back box?

#10407 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

PDI glass does wonders for this.

#10408 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wrapped the flourescent tube with regular printer paper, one sheet on each half of the tube to diffuse the lighting. It works great!

Pdi glass, expensive and often out of stock.

Arcadeupkeep.com for auto dimming backbox

#10409 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I liked my Wolverine ...

You miss it already?

#10410 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

PDI glass does wonders for this.

Glass = $$$$$

Paper = $0.

I haven't had any glare issues with any of the later Sterns, TSPP was terrible but some painters tape on the tube sorted that out.

YMMV

rd

#10411 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I spray the front to the bulb with black paint.

Robert

#10412 7 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Love ,love, love this game! Newton ball and new figure makes this my favorite game in my collection. This has to be one of the best flowing and fastest game out.
I finally mounted my new Wolverine. It was easier than I thought and I am happy with it for now. Thank goodness for zip tie and bending wire.

Where did you get this? Game I'm looking at wolverine is messed up but it has newton ball.

#10413 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Where did you get this? Game I'm looking at wolverine is messed up but it has newton ball

Bought wolverine off of E bay. Mounted it with a zip tie and metal wire. Game is on location and I have had no problems with it.

#10414 7 years ago

Hey X-MEN LE owner's, my right night crawler stopped working. Both main and small aux boards have been switched to Rev B so that's not the issue. I cant find any blown fuses or loose wires. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Donny

2 weeks later
#10415 7 years ago

I'm supposed to be joining the club tomorrow all going well with the delivery. Just a pro, would love an LE but hard to come by in the UK.

#10416 7 years ago

Nothing wrong with the pro my man, it's awsome!!!

#10417 7 years ago

My pro arrived today, its in very good condition with a color DMD. It has some colored GI leds fitted, I normally don't like colored GI but I quite like this. Have a shaker to fit and speaket lights.

20160705_222116_(resized).jpg20160705_222116_(resized).jpg

#10418 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My pro arrived today, its in very good condition with a color DMD. It has some colored GI leds fitted, I normally don't like colored GI but I quite like this. Have a shaker to fit and speaket lights.

Either get the newton ball or the belt protector for Wolverine. Already looks like some wear on his left side of the belt.

#10419 7 years ago

Just had a close look at it, can't see any wear ( probably a light reflection in the photo ) but I should get it protected. Who sells the belt protector?

#10420 7 years ago

Same place that sell the Newton ball mod Mezelmods. Get the newton ball mod instead it's 100% a game changer for me! Make the beast and xavier shots easier and you don't get and nuisance wolverine hits because of the major shot blocking he does. But on the flip side it makes hitting him that much harder which is a plus for me during his multiball. You've got to aim at him instead of blindly flailing

#10421 7 years ago

+1 on the newton ball mod, it qshould've been stock on this game. The mod is not plug and play however, mine took a bit of work to get installed fyi.

#10422 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

#10423 7 years ago

Anyone have an X-men Pro translite they might want to sell? If so send me a PM

#10424 7 years ago

Joined the club last night- just picked up a Wolverine LE. My first pin!

#10425 7 years ago

Where does everyone get the wolverine that sits on top of the newton ball mod?

#10426 7 years ago

I don't have the Newton ball mod , but noticed a lot of people are using bust figures an mounting them on top of the Newton ball mod. If you go on eBay an type in wolverine xmen bust figure something should pop up. But sure someone who has done it will chime in soon.

2 weeks later
#10428 7 years ago

Is the spotlight lamp aimed at Magneto different from the other spot lights?

I'm asking because I replaced it with an LED (that is otherwise suitable for inserts and GI lighting) and the plastic base burned brown. I'm wondering if I simply got a bad LED or if I need something different such as a 12V bulb.

#10429 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Is the spotlight lamp aimed at Magneto different from the other spot lights?
I'm asking because I replaced it with an LED (that is otherwise suitable for inserts and GI lighting) and the plastic base burned brown. I'm wondering if I simply got a bad LED or if I need something different such as a 12V bulb.

You need a #906 12V wedge led. Its not a 6V standard #555. I did the same thing myself and burned a led for that. Use purple, cool result and I've linked 2 red strips with that spot and putted them on the apron.

#10430 7 years ago

The manual says its a #161 lamp, but I use a 906 also

2 weeks later
#10431 7 years ago

Here's a thing. I'm on the hunt for a X-Men LE. I have a GB premium coming in a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I might be a little bit more excited at the prospect of the X-Men. Am I crazy? I've always thought that X-Men was ridiculously good value, and the artwork is superb. Anyway, looking forward to joining the club soon!

#10432 7 years ago

X-men has its problems such as callout quality, hence its lower market price. But the layout is excellent, the rules are challenging (and configurable for mega-stacking), and the toys are interesting in the LE. The shortcomings seem trivial in comparison to the discount against machines like Tron.

I highly recommend the ramp post mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

#10433 7 years ago

TB xmen is awsome!!! Be excited it's up there with the King !! It reminds me of fast an furious for some bizarre reason, i was lucky I got a mint pro off an AA member last year an it's not going anyware , I played the Le an it's cool might have been a little beat that's why maybe I preferred the pro, so just putting it out there that if you get a chance to get a minty pro, give it some thought coz it's a great table...

#10434 7 years ago

My X-Men LE going no where, Very under rated game IMO!
Don't get your opinion changed on purchasing one by those who say the call outs suck etc.
I like them myself
Each to their own.

#10435 7 years ago

due to some significant life trouble, this game is likely for sale, just casting a line for now... I assure you it's the nicest Wolverine in existence, at least in my zip code.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#10436 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have a GB premium coming in a couple of weeks, and I have to say, I might be a little bit more excited at the prospect of the X-Men. Am I crazy

No. Xmen is vastly superior to Ghostbusters in every way I can think of.

Quoted from nosro:

X-men has its problems such as callout quality, hence its lower market price

See, that whole idea is crazy. Just because a couple of high profile Pinsiders bagged the voices of Beast and Storm, sheeple devalue the machine?

The reality is,

A/ initial year of code was crap, but it's awesome now. A lot of people haven't played the complete game.

B/ a lot of people initially bought the machine, it was way too tough for them, and their egos couldn't handle the beating. So they ragged on the game to make themselves feel better.

rd

#10437 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just because a couple of high profile Pinsiders bagged the voices of Beast and Storm, sheeple devalue the machine?
The reality is,
A/ initial year of code was crap, but it's awesome now. A lot of people haven't played the complete game.
B/ a lot of people initially bought the machine, it was way too tough for them, and their egos couldn't handle the beating. So they ragged on the game to make themselves feel better.
rd

Well said. The difficulty level coupled with the fun factor is what makes a game long lasting.

#10438 7 years ago

X-Men LE is a great game, still my favourite. Call outs are fine imo and once you get your rhythm going, the game just flows and then you welcome Deadpool to help you with the villains.

#10439 7 years ago

Anyone done anything awesome with pinball browser for x-men?

#10440 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The only thing I could think of was a bunch of people trying to improve the voice callouts (they don't bother me that much, though). Project seems to be on a halt currently.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game

#10441 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

On my game, the main music has been replaced with the opening theme from the animated 90's show ...

#10442 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On my game, the main music has been replaced with the opening theme from the animated 90's show ...
» YouTube video

Trying to find that song forever on mp3 download. Could you share this track to me ? I'm almost finish with mine. I've used like 3 new songs for X-men's but I need that one so bad...they are hard to find

#10443 7 years ago

Sites like keepvid.com can extract sound from video sites.

#10444 7 years ago

Found a A+, HUO Magneto! Now just waiting for delivery. I have had very, very little time on Xmen. I'm sucking down all the videos I can find, like I haven't in a long time while waiting for a new machine. I think there might be something special about this one. Yes, RD I found your three videos. Hehe. Nice rundown on the Wolvey Newton ball.

#10445 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Found a A+, HUO Magneto! Now just waiting for delivery. I have had very, very little time on Xmen. I'm sucking down all the videos I can find, like I haven't in a long time while waiting for a new machine. I think there might be something special about this one. Yes, RD I found your three videos. Hehe. Nice rundown on the Wolvey Newton ball.

Cool.

You can follow the newton ball story in my thread about it. All Jeremy's doing, but I was happy to help. I still have the prototype on my machine, as per the video.

rd

#10446 7 years ago

#10447 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

» YouTube video

I've seen a transformers that did similar. Any idea how it's done or what is needed?

Quoted from matt_assassin:Trying to find that song forever on mp3 download. Could you share this track to me ? I'm almost finish with mine. I've used like 3 new songs for X-men's but I need that one so bad...they are hard to find

How are you adding music to the game? I'd love to do all 3 theme songs and a few others

#10448 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I've seen a transformers that did similar. Any idea how it's done or what is needed?

How are you adding music to the game? I'd love to do all 3 theme songs and a few others

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012

#10449 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

I don't think the newton ball is needed as much on the Pro, as Wolvie is positioned as he should have been on all games on it.

#10450 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't think the newton ball is needed as much on the Pro, as Wolvie is positioned as he should have been on all games on it.

It at LEAST needs the belt protector unless you want a hole there someday (or at the very least, missing paint and scratched up plastic).

I love it on my Pro as it makes the shot so much harder. TBH, Wolverine is the last X-Men I usually start and finish when trying to complete them for Danger Room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.