(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 251.
#10351 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hey Freez is it 100% always reversed between the two cyclops modes? I can fix that with pinball browser no problem.all, Let me know of all the known actual issues and ill fix them.

As judremy described...what he says IN the mode depends on what you hit to complete the mode. I also believe at the end of the mode there are multiple (positive) things that are said if you fail the mode. I don't think it's a simple pinball browser swap or I would have done that back when I was more familiar with the game a the callout specifics.

Even if Cyclops mode was flipped...there are many other cases of the game giving you a positive callout for failing modes. As I said before...the "Noooo! I misssed it." is just about the only negative quote in the entire game. Someone really dropped the ball when they made the callout scripts for the voice actors.

#10352 7 years ago

I just rejoined the club last week. Thanks Kenny for selling me the pin and thanks to Gambit for your original purchase as I wanted a Wolverine LE back for some time after selling RawleyD Magneto I kept for almost 2 years.

Could not be happier with the pin and the improved code and scoring balance now.

#10353 7 years ago

Installed my ColorDMD today. What a difference!

IMG_1323_(resized).JPGIMG_1323_(resized).JPG

IMG_1324_(resized).JPGIMG_1324_(resized).JPG

#10354 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Now, put in a couple LED strips behind the translite and you will be set (and can remove that crappy yellow bulb). The strips can be tapped into the 12V from the front right of the cab.

#10355 7 years ago

A few pics if my recent Xmen LE purchase with the cool looking ice ramp modification and colordmd thanks to Ryan.

20160517_195830_(resized).jpg20160517_195830_(resized).jpg

20160517_195817_(resized).jpg20160517_195817_(resized).jpg

20160517_195807_(resized).jpg20160517_195807_(resized).jpg

20160517_195822_(resized).jpg20160517_195822_(resized).jpg

#10356 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Now, put in a couple LED strips behind the translite and you will be set (and can remove that crappy yellow bulb). The strips can be tapped into the 12V from the front right of the cab.

You mean this?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#10357 7 years ago

#10358 7 years ago

Curious as to what everyone thinks a fair price is on a routed since new Magneto LE would be? Assume it would be purchased as it sits.

I played it a few times, ball routinely gets stuck under wolverine. 1 broken sling plastic. Clearly in need of a full shop job.

Thanks!

IMG_1416_(resized).jpgIMG_1416_(resized).jpg
IMG_1415_(resized).jpgIMG_1415_(resized).jpg
IMG_1417_(resized).jpgIMG_1417_(resized).jpg

IMG_1414_(resized).jpgIMG_1414_(resized).jpg

#10359 7 years ago

hmm, routed since new?

my thoughts:
start at 5500 for a nice one
-300 for routed
-300 for routed since new
-100 for crap wolverine and broken plastic
-200 for ghostbusters market suppression
-100 for general market exhaustion

it would move reasonably well at 4500 and sit for a while if priced closer to 5000

#10360 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

hmm, routed since new?
my thoughts:
start at 5500 for a nice one
-300 for routed
-300 for routed since new
-100 for crap wolverine and broken plastic
-200 for ghostbusters market suppression
-100 for general market exhaustion
it would move reasonably well at 4500 and sit for a while if priced closer to 5000

I offered $4K, I thought I was in the ball park.

#10361 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

could argue closer to 4 based on addl likely problems given its clear neglect from the plastic and the wolverine. But at 4, it would sell very very quickly

#10362 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

$4K is the exact price that immediately popped into my head.

#10363 7 years ago

The question is where does one get that broken plastic and just that broken plastic if I do pickup the machine?

#10364 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

The question is where does one get that broken plastic and just that broken plastic if I do pickup the machine?

The wolverine magnet looks pretty mushroomed as well, and the magneto one doesn't looks that great. Hard to tell if there is any damage to the playfield, but if here is it may be tough to fix.

#10365 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I'd do a couple things if you get the machine:

1. All machines came with an extra set of sling plastics, so someone might sell you one of their spare ones.

2. Put in the newton ball and take out that Wolverine.

3. Clean the playfield big time.

#10366 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

The wolverine magnet looks pretty mushroomed as well, and the magneto one doesn't looks that great. Hard to tell if there is any damage to the playfield, but if here is it may be tough to fix.

Didnt notice those, didnt look close enough. Subtract another 400. Yup 4 is more reasonable, but i still think someone jumps on it quickly if it was publicly listed for 4

#10367 7 years ago

I understand that some of the call out are strange and positive when you fail and we believe none were recorded for these events but can't someone record some or find some call out else where and incert them

#10368 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understand that some of the call out are strange and positive when you fail and we believe none were recorded for these events but can't someone record some or find some call out else where and incert them

I would be in for this as much as mismatched voice quotes.

and throw this in just to change it up

#10369 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who commented on pricing for the routed game I tried to pickup. Unfortunately the operator has $6700 in to the game, which has 1000 plays on it (really rough considering) @ $1.00/ play and won't take my offer of up to $4250. He plans on moving it to another location. Assuming significantly more play than it is getting now at the current price it would take almost 4 years to recoup the money left in it. My offer of cash now seemed more than reasonable considering I am 2 miles from the game and they are not even in the state and need to come get it and move it.

Oh Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

There is a HUO pro for ~$4k around me I think. Maybe I will pick that up instead.

#10370 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Thanks to everyone who commented on pricing for the routed game I tried to pickup. Unfortunately the operator has $6700 in to the game, which has 1000 plays on it (really rough considering) @ $1.00/ play and won't take my offer of up to $4250. He plans on moving it to another location. Assuming significantly more play than it is getting now at the current price it would take almost 4 years to recoup the money left in it. My offer of cash now seemed more than reasonable considering I am 2 miles from the game and they are not even in the state and need to come get it and move it.
Oh Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
There is a HUO pro for ~$4k around me I think. Maybe I will pick that up instead.

More input in case you want it- I wouldn't pay more than 3750 for a pro.
I'd rather have the trashed LE for 4250.

-light show
-spinning magneto magnet
-moving ramp
-nightcrawler troll popups
-awesome wolverine/magneto art

you may consider holding out- LE's come up often enough... esp with Ghostbusters and likely Star Wars later in '16 after that.

#10371 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

-light show
-spinning magneto magnet
-moving ramp
you may consider holding out- LE's come up often enough... esp with Ghostbusters and likely Star Wars later in '16 after that.

A local Pinsider has proposed a trade for his HUO pro for my Shadow and some cash his way but not a specific amount.

My Shadow has new Aurich translite and speaker panel. All new plastics. Near mint playfield with almost no sanctum wear and a good cabinet with no fade. All new LEDs.

Any thoughts on what a fair trade may be?

Pics of my Shadow's condition.

#10372 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

-light show
-spinning magneto magnet
-moving ramp

According to the total lightshow development thread, there will be a mod available at some point to allow the light show to be added to the pro.

#10373 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

A local Pinsider has proposed a trade for his HUO pro for my Shadow and some cash his way but not a specific amount.
My Shadow has new Aurich translite and speaker panel. All new plastics. Near mint playfield with almost no sanctum wear and a good cabinet with no fade. All new LEDs.
Any thoughts on what a fair trade may be?
Pics of my Shadow's condition.

I'd say keep the shadow of you aren't tired of it yet. That's a game I'd love to own someday. If you thinking that it's time to switch things up x-men is a really fun pin as well. Prices where I am are out to lunch though so I can't really help you out there.

#10374 7 years ago

Nothing wrong with the pro, it's a great table, which ever one comes up that is the best deal go for that one, I've never met anyone that has said u should have got the Le it's better than the pro, but a few have said they prefer the game play of the pro better, mainly due to the moving ramp which can be disabled, I like them both but here in Aus there was a 3k difference between a home use Le to pro on the second hand marked when I got mine, so it was a no brainer. But wouldn't get turned off a pro, seriously it's a great table!!!

#10375 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Yeah color DMD in XM is just awesome. I had mine on order before I even picked mine up.

#10376 7 years ago

Anyone have a good Blackbird for over the scoop? Plastic is 2". All die casts seem to be 4-5" which would be way too big. A micro machine Blackbird would fit, maybe a little small? What do you think?

ebay.com link: 1987 Micro Machines Military Aircraft SR 71 Blackbird SUPERSONIC SPY PLANE NEW

#10377 7 years ago

I put this one on my machine...somewhat similar to what you show.

Robert

22022c63ac4a799592adf8066e24998493120835_(resized).jpg22022c63ac4a799592adf8066e24998493120835_(resized).jpg

#10378 7 years ago

What about when you loose a villain mode and it says "Omega red is running away with his tail between his legs" when in fact you lost the battle? That quote makes it seem as if you defeated him.

#10379 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I put this one on my machine...somewhat similar to what you show.
Robert

Cool. Where did you get it?

#10380 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I agree, features are more than worth a $500 upgrade... and there will be more RZSSI's made than there were Magnetos.

#10381 7 years ago

The blue LED above the Blackbird scoop keeps falling out on my machine. Anybody have any ideas before I pull out the hot glue?

#10382 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

The blue LED above the Blackbird scoop keeps falling out on my machine. Anybody have any ideas before I pull out the hot glue?

I put a light strip IN the scoop and rerouted the power to it. The easy fix is to unbend the pins on the bulb and wrap some electrical tape under it (only one piece needed) and then rebend the pins. It won't come out again.

#10383 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I put 1/2 inch shrink tape on mine. Cut to size and shrunk it to fit. light will never fall out.

#10384 7 years ago

Buy cointaker bulbs and they will never fall out

#10385 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Aren't cointaker bulbs in Stern games? I've had plenty of them come out.

#10386 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Quoted from Baiter:

Aren't cointaker bulbs in Stern games? I've had plenty of them come out.

Whether it's Cointaker, Comet, PinballBulbs, etc ... they are probably all made at the same one or two Chinese factories.

#10387 7 years ago

Anyone need an Iceman bust? Ended up with 2 and only need 1. Comes with box in very good condition. Only been out of the box 1 time and never installed on the game. I'd do $50 shipped in the 48 states.

#10388 7 years ago

Is it Bowen?

#10389 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Cool. Where did you get it?

Not sure where I got it, perhaps eBay.

Robert

#10390 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure where I got it, perhaps eBay.
Robert

How long is it?

#10391 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

How long is it?

I'm in Ridgecrest this week, I'll measure this weekend.

Robert

#10392 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone need an Iceman bust? Ended up with 2 and only need 1. Comes with box in very good condition. Only been out of the box 1 time and never installed on the game. I'd do $50 shipped in the 48 states.

This guy is now sold

#10393 7 years ago

I couldn't find an apron card set that I liked, so I used my extremely limited artistic skills to make these cards, which:
1) Use Jim Lee X-men art, which the machine's art is based on.
2) Features Deadpool

These are sized to print on 4x6 photo paper. You may need to experiment with "fit to page" or "no edgebleed" until it comes out the correct size.

Xmen_left_card_photo.pngXmen_left_card_photo.png
Xmen_right_card_photo.pngXmen_right_card_photo.png

#10394 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I couldn't find an apron card set that I liked, so I used my extremely limited artistic skills to make these cards, which:
1) Use Jim Lee X-men art, which the machine's art is based on.
2) Features Deadpool
These are sized to print on 4x6 photo paper. You may need to experiment with "fit to page" or "no edgebleed" until it comes out the correct size.

Those look Rad! Nice work!

#10395 7 years ago

Looks great!!

1 week later
#10396 7 years ago

I may have found an X-Men LE to purchase. Question - is there a replacement for the spinning disc? The one on the game I am looking at is a bit dirty.

#10397 7 years ago

Looking to join the club. Cash flow dictates I'll probably join at the pro level. Lmk, I'm located n/e pa. Thanks

#10398 7 years ago

Pros awsome, don't stress!!!

#10399 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Looking to join the club. Cash flow dictates I'll probably join at the pro level. Lmk, I'm located n/e pa. Thanks

There's a Magneto posted on cl in jersey for a good price

#10400 7 years ago

Price check on a near mint documented HUO Pro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.