(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 251.
#10001 8 years ago

I got 10,000 post

#10002 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I got 10,000 post

Show off!

I've made 112 posts / 10,000. Most of them crapping on about how xmen is cool.

rd

#10003 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

F me, us Kiwis are a helpful bunch.

This reminds me--which day is the Pinside wide Thank-a-Kiwi-Day?

Well, I ran through and confirmed that there is no magnetization going on with the balls. I use the pinball life ohhh shiny's, which are supposed to be good with this issue--but still, I gave it a check to confirm 100%. In the switch test, balls 1-4 each reads when being put back in the trough. The trough jam also shows as in service, but I'm not sure if that one is a good or a bad thing. Any more ideas? I feel like if I can get this fixed in the next day or two I'll be putting some serious damage on the sentinels.

#10004 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Check the screws on the back. Soon enough that part will break away and Wolverine will move for you.

Pinball Life has Wolverine figurine for $99 is that a good price?

#10005 8 years ago

COLORDMD X-MEN PREVIEW!

Displays are shipping now. Color ROM release is targeted for Friday, September 4.

#10006 8 years ago

Dont watch it RD

#10007 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD X-MEN PREVIEW!
Displays are shipping now. Color ROM release is targeted for Friday, September 4.
» YouTube video

Any chance of seeing the smoothed images?

#10008 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

This reminds me--which day is the Pinside wide Thank-a-Kiwi-Day?
Well, I ran through and confirmed that there is no magnetization going on with the balls. I use the pinball life ohhh shiny's, which are supposed to be good with this issue--but still, I gave it a check to confirm 100%. In the switch test, balls 1-4 each reads when being put back in the trough. The trough jam also shows as in service, but I'm not sure if that one is a good or a bad thing. Any more ideas? I feel like if I can get this fixed in the next day or two I'll be putting some serious damage on the sentinels.

Is it still looking for the balls?
With coin door open and a ball on the trough up kicker and in switch test. Push up the plunger up and see if trough jam switch activates.

#10009 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pinball Life has Wolverine figurine for $99 is that a good price?

Cheaper than marcos and I doubt these will be around forever as they are a special mode and limited from what I have heard. I wonder if Stern still has any.

#10010 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Is it still looking for the balls?
With coin door open and a ball on the trough up kicker and in switch test. Push up the plunger up and see if trough jam switch activates.

Okay, I have to come out and admit my frequent idiocy in the hopes that it helps some other fool in the future. I was playing with the optos in test and noticed that actually there were two optos showing active. Turns out, last night when I was tired and soldering the coil nice and tight I actually hooked up the molex connectors to each opto backwards. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have done any damage...just gave me a firm lesson in taking pictures before I take anything apart!

Now I'm left to enjoy the X-men and contemplate this Color DMD addon...

#10011 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Okay, I have to come out and admit my frequent idiocy in the hopes that it helps some other fool in the future. I was playing with the optos in test and noticed that actually there were two optos showing active. Turns out, last night when I was tired and soldering the coil nice and tight I actually hooked up the molex connectors to each opto backwards. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have done any damage...just gave me a firm lesson in taking pictures before I take anything apart!
Now I'm left to enjoy the X-men and contemplate this Color DMD addon...

Live & learn, glad its up & running, now go enjoy

#10012 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Cheaper than marcos and I doubt these will be around forever as they are a special mode and limited from what I have heard. I wonder if Stern still has any.

Thanks, I bought one. Mine looks fine but in case they stop making them.

1 week later
#10013 8 years ago

This new color dmd is the mod to get right now. It really brings the game alive. Now im just waiting for the topper by http://www.tilttopper.com/ and it will be good to go.XMLE in Color.JPGXMLE in Color.JPG

#10014 8 years ago

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed to death already I haven't found anything on it in the forum so far. I was wondering if anyone has been having issues with the Rogue shot on their pro machines. Unless I massage the shot just right the ball either flies out of the ramp and back into the orbits or doesn't register the shot. Any idea's/solutions would be much appreciated, Thanks

#10015 8 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed to death already I haven't found anything on it in the forum so far. I was wondering if anyone has been having issues with the Rogue shot on their pro machines. Unless I massage the shot just right the ball either flies out of the ramp and back into the orbits or doesn't register the shot. Any idea's/solutions would be much appreciated, Thanks

You don't mean Storm, do you? If you really mean Rogue (the shot that feeds into Magneto), then I solved it floating over the switch by installing a plastic cover over the area. You can make your own, or buy the ones for WH2O. I forget the site that has them. Which one do you mean?

#10016 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You don't mean Storm, do you? If you really mean Rogue (the shot that feeds into Magneto), then I solved it floating over the switch by installing a plastic cover over the area. You can make your own, or buy the ones for WH2O. I forget the site that has them. Which one do you mean?

Thanks for the idea. I do mean the Rogue shot, I shouldn't of said ramp. I'll pick up a bit of plexyglass and see what I cant come up with. If anyone does have a link to where I might find a cover online that would be a great help too, thanks again

#10017 8 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thanks for the idea. I do mean the Rogue shot, I shouldn't of said ramp. I'll pick up a bit of plexyglass and see what I cant come up with. If anyone does have a link to where I might find a cover online that would be a great help too, thanks again

Some plexi should work. You just mount it under the existing plastics where there are screw points. It is the sharp turn area that you want it for. It will keep the ball in the loop and keep it low so it makes contact with the rogue switch.

#10018 8 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I had a similar problem with mine and found that the Nightcrawler lid near the upper right flipper was raised a hair causing air balls and some bounce through the Rogue shot causing it to not register some shots. Adjusting the height of Nightcrawler stopped the air balls and started registering Rogue hits reliably.

1 week later
#10019 8 years ago

Where did people purchase the icicles for the iceman ramps from? Been looking for some for my game and can't seem to find them.

#10021 8 years ago

Hi guys wondering if any one can tell me if theres an advantage to collecting an xmen more than once?, example if you have already collected beast solidly on your xmen team and start his mode again what advantages does it have?? thanks in advance..

#10022 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys wondering if any one can tell me if theres an advantage to collecting an xmen more than once?, example if you have already collected beast solidly on your xmen team and start his mode again what advantages does it have?? thanks in advance..

Points.....but replaying the modes get in the way of doing other modes that are not completed (unless hero stacking is turned on). Probably wise to time them out if your goal is to get farther in the game. Why risk losing the ball trying to complete a mode that's already been beat?

Having no option to turn off replaying beat modes is one of my bigger complaints about the code.

#10023 8 years ago

yeah true, that would be great if the modes didn't repeat after there beaten, Cyclops is always one I start more than once after its completed.

#10024 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

yeah true, that would be great if the modes didn't repeat after there beaten, Cyclops is always one I start more than once after its completed.

Yep. Trying to start or retry Storm or Rogue.....going through Cyclops is the easiest way. It's really a bummer if you have him beat and then start him again when trying to get Storm going.

#10025 8 years ago

Yes, I've said this a lot. It would be simple for Stern code team to disable repeating modes or make an option in the menu to disable it or make a setting of the number of shots required before it repeats.

#10026 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yep. Trying to start or retry Storm or Rogue.....going through Cyclops is the easiest way. It's really a bummer if you have him beat and then start him again when trying to get Storm going.

Good point, but I'm wondering why you don't turn on hero stacking.

#10027 8 years ago

The heroes that are completed take longer to start in subsequent trips.

So having Cyclops completed should not interfere greatly with starting Storm. It takes 5 shots (IIRC) to restart Cyclops, but only 2 shots to start the first Storm. Now, if the player is having trouble hitting the Storm shot, it might seem like Cyclops starts too often

#10028 8 years ago

What settings are people using for the ColorDMD...DOTXL or Scan or...?

Robert

#10029 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

I did scan, it's like watching a cartoon in a way

#10030 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Had all mine on different settings to work out which I liked best. All set to DOTDL now.

#10031 8 years ago

All 3 of my color dmds are on scan.
For some reason hires doesn't look good to me.

#10032 8 years ago

Mine are all on scan, I think X-men looks great on scan. Like Donnyman said, it makes it look cartoony/comic like. I also like TSPP on scan for the same reasons.

#10033 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Good point, but I'm wondering why you don't turn on hero stacking.

Because then the game is a cluttered mess.

#10034 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Because then the game is a cluttered mess.

I'm not trolling, just curious as to what you mean. I have mine set on stacking and really enjoy it. I like getting several heroes started, start a villain, then start a multball to clean house (well, as much as I can). Also, I like the strategy behind getting to Danger Room -- get heroes all started/completed, then Magneto MB, then play Danger Room. Dark Phoenix is still a dream for my skills.

With stacking off, the game just seems to drag for me.

#10035 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm not trolling, just curious as to what you mean. I have mine set on stacking and really enjoy it. I like getting several heroes started, start a villain, then start a multball to clean house (well, as much as I can). Also, I like the strategy behind getting to Danger Room -- get heroes all started/completed, then Magneto MB, then play Danger Room. Dark Phoenix is still a dream for my skills.
With stacking off, the game just seems to drag for me.

I just mean with stacking on it's impossible to make heads or tails of what you are supposed to be shooting for (unless you already know). I know what I need to be shooting for, but I can't get past what a mess it is with hero modes stacked.

#10036 8 years ago

I just put Tilttoppers X-MEN topper on, i must say"It's bad ass in person"topper.JPGtopper.JPG

#10037 8 years ago

Yep totally agree the topper looks bad ass, but so does the machine, huge fan of xmen rite here!!!

#10038 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I just mean with stacking on it's impossible to make heads or tails of what you are supposed to be shooting for (unless you already know). I know what I need to be shooting for, but I can't get past what a mess it is with hero modes stacked.

100% agree with you here Dug! Stacking is horrible! It means you'll get further in the game but I like a challenge. I think I got magneto super jackpot for the second time ever last night and i've owned the game since new! Ive never reached danger room or dark Phoenix either but hopefully one day I'll get there!

#10039 8 years ago

I joined the Pro club this weekend. Boy, this is a long thead!

#10040 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I joined the Pro club this weekend. Boy, this is a long thead!

Yeah, it's nice to see a thread over 10k that isn't about pinheads getting ripped off.

#10041 8 years ago

I like stacking on and I like stacking off.

At first I didn't like stacking on at all, especially when the early code had the call outs all messed up, it did seem a real jumbled mess. Now that I'm familiar with what I have started, I don't think stacking is so bad. But it does let me get closer to DR more often.

Stacking off is more pure game, but you have the issue with re-starting completed heroes such as Cyclops that would block out others you are trying to hit. So I think this is a bit more complex.

But I love that we have the ability to paly both ways if we like one better than the other. Props to Stern for having this in the option menu, it really makes the game for me.

#10042 8 years ago

Can someone please post a side on photo of the blackbird scoop, and better yet measure the spacer height? I need to identify the spacers on the plastic that sits above the scoop & holds
the blackbird lamp. The previous owner took them off and as a result the led goes flying out of the socket every time I make the scoop.

Thanks!

#10043 8 years ago

Did anyone hear of a code update during the GOT Live Twitch w/ the guy that looked like jack sparrow? Does anyone have a link or time of who, when and where it was stated. Last time I checked (5mnths) ago, Waison stated, "Code is done." Thanks for any input.

#10044 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Did anyone hear of a code update during the GOT Live Twitch w/ the guy that looked like jack sparrow? Does anyone have a link or time of who, when and where it was stated. Last time I checked (5mnths) ago, Waison stated, "Code is done." Thanks for any input.

He was talking about Avengers getting an update someday. XMEN is done.

#10045 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I believe when it was asked Jody said he did not know of any X-men update and would have to check, and that was about it.

#10046 8 years ago

Pinsider: Chuckwurt heard differently regarding xmen code, but I'm always hoping for the best.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a joke at all. Also not crazy enough to watch again to get the exact time. Definitely mentioned it though. I've watched the feed twice. Heard it both times.

#10047 8 years ago

I also got the impression from that stream that there still remained a possibility to revisit the XM code, but nothing was planned. At Stern it's up to the individual developers to take the initiative, but no one outside of Lyman has any track record of polishing off code on their own, so if Waison doesn't feel like working on it, or it doesn't have a direct impact on the bottom line, it won't get another look.

#10048 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Waison doesn't feel like working on it

Unfortunately, I believe this is true... besides ColorDMD is done with it (or would they be willing to go over XMEN again if there was an update and have they ever done an revision to color once a code for any particular pinball machine was updated?). I want to check out Magneto Multi ball in color and see if you can spot Cyclops within the balls.

#10049 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Unfortunately, I believe this is true... besides ColorDMD is done with it (or would they be willing to go over XMEN again if there was an update and have they ever done an revision to color once a code for any particular pinball machine was updated?). I want to check out Magneto Multi ball in color and see if you can spot Cyclops within the balls.

You can

#10050 8 years ago

So, I maybe getting a xmle in the near future. I was wondering, has anyone successfuly changed the callouts? Or know of how this can be done?

I'm just trying to get some info because if those can be changed or even modified I would love to get this game immediately. Thanks for any help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.