(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 251.
#9601 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can't as there isn't enough free memory available. This game is loaded with dots and sounds and programming. I know the guy who was doing it and he could only do part of the multiball before he ran out of space.

If you can't color the dots with pinball browser due to insufficient space, colorDMD could work as it applies the colors outside of the rom. So it is still possible to get an xmen color display.

#9602 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you can't color the dots with pinball browser due to insufficient space, colorDMD could work as it applies the colors outside of the rom. So it is still possible to get an xmen color display.

If that is true, then you are correct. The rom is too filled vs AC/DC or Metallica.

1 week later
#9603 9 years ago

Not that I'll ever complete all the heroes and all the villians in the same game, but it would be nice to know that the game isn't over if I ever do it.

1 week later
#9604 9 years ago

Added a couple of mods to my pro today ,a bit cheesy but I like them.
Fitted a flasher into the topper wired from the wolverine insert flasher on the playfield,makes his body glow yellow.

Xmen1.jpgXmen1.jpg
Xmen2.jpgXmen2.jpg

#9605 9 years ago

Hi folks,

Recently got a Pro from a a cruise ship. In generally great shape except for ball lock "fork" missing (made one until Marco gets them back in stock) and Magneto ball get completely missing. Can't find reference in the manual for it, can anyone shoot me a part number for the gate bracket and wire?

Greatly appreciated.

K

#9606 9 years ago
Quoted from KevinG-ATL:

Hi folks,
Recently got a Pro from a a cruise ship. In generally great shape except for ball lock "fork" missing (made one until Marco gets them back in stock) and Magneto ball get completely missing. Can't find reference in the manual for it, can anyone shoot me a part number for the gate bracket and wire?
Greatly appreciated.
K

One way gate bracket: 535-5269-03
One way gate wireform: 535-5307-03

Not the easiest of modern parts to find.

#9607 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

What about the spinner? I looked through my manual the other day and couldn't find anything on it. Anyone have a breakdown of:
Bracket
Target
Switch
switch screws
??

Im looking to add a spinner to my TWD and I believe that the Cyclops spinner is a god fit for the left orbit on TWD. I believe I have the Bracket and target, but can't find anything on the switch or screws.

#9608 9 years ago

The spinner switch is: 180-5010-04

Strangely the spinner and it's bracket are not listed on the "above the playfield parts" section of the manual.

#9609 9 years ago

Looks like I will be getting an X-men Magneto.

#9610 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Good choice!

#9611 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Make sure to check out the thread on the Newton ball to replace Wolverine. That or the chastity belt so it doesn't break.

#9612 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

See, all my crapping on about how sweet it is finally rubbed off.

rd.

#9613 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

See, all my crapping on about how sweet it is finally rubbed off.
rd.

It rubbed off a long time ago, I just have not seen one for sale before.

#9614 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It rubbed off a long time ago, I just have not seen one for sale before.

This is true!

Because there are only two Wolvies and two Magnetos in NZ. And two Pros I think.

Never been one for sale.

rd.

#9615 9 years ago

What's the going rate for an LE over there

#9616 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Sweet! You are really going to like it. I picked up an XMEN Wolverine about a month ago and have a blast playing it. If the game doesn't already have a shaker motor, and blackbird Cliffy (as well as shooter lane) I would highly recommend them.

#9617 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

What's the going rate for an LE over there

$8.5K

#9618 9 years ago

Finally reached Dark Phoenix today on a Wolverine LE. (With an asterisk)

Details: on a location game set to 5 balls, but I legitimately made it on ball 3. The outlane posts were in a notch. Tilt was moderate, pitch 6.5 (center bubble), factory settings no extra ball scoring tiers. Hero stacking was OFF.

On my personal Magneto game, (strictly factory, tighter tilt and wide open outlanes), I have competed 6/7 villains as my best result toward DP.

Was hoping to accomplish it the first time on Magneto, but I'll take what I can get.

Cool mode, but it was not sure what to do once there. I should have studied the online ruleset ahead of time, but I didn't want any spoilers

#9619 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Impressive! A game that takes you 2.5 years to reach a wizard mode is a deep and challenging game indeed. For comparison, how long did it take you to reach Valinor?

#9620 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Impressive! A game that takes you 2.5 years to reach a wizard mode is a deep and challenging game indeed. For comparison, how long did it take you to reach Valinor?

Thanks, but to me it feels like a cheapened victory, which is why I added the asterisks. It took me exactly 2 games on that X Men location game, not 2.5 years. I know my game is way harder than that one.

It is a tough mode to reach on factory.

Also, to be clear, I have not been playing X Men constantly for 2.5 years. Lord knows it sat unplayed for a long time waiting for the code to sort out. And with my other games to play, I am blessed to have options.

On Valinor, I reached it about 1 year after buying it. Factory settings etc. Then after I reached it, I reached it 4 games later

#9621 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Details: on a location game set to 5 balls, but I legitimately made it on ball 3. The outlane posts were in a notch. Tilt was moderate, pitch 6.5 (center bubble), factory settings no extra ball scoring tiers. Hero stacking was OFF.
On my personal Magneto game, (strictly factory, tighter tilt and wide open outlanes), I have competed 6/7 villains as my best result toward DP.
Was hoping to accomplish it the first time on Magneto, but I'll take what I can get.
Cool mode, but it was not sure what to do once there. I should have studied the online ruleset ahead of time, but I didn't want any spoilers

I never read any rules before I did it either ... Just seemed to be "shoot lit shots" and I completed it which was very sweet. It just happened to be the game I was video recording to show the captive ball mod which is linked in this thread. I've never watched it again so I don't know how I did it.

rd.

#9622 9 years ago

Great news Deadpool is going to be rated R

#9623 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Great news Deadpool is going to be rated R » YouTube video

The rated R announcement was made on April 1st. I'm still not sure if it was an April fools joke or not.

#9624 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The rated R announcement was made on April 1st. I'm still not sure if it was an April fools joke or not.

Yeah they made this clip too, im thinking its still rated R https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=tUEkqZxLyrg

#9625 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Great news Deadpool is going to be rated R » YouTube video

looks like crap

#9626 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

FYI
535-9269-00 (Labelled as a gate bracket for T3) seems to work and is available from Marco. I bought several sizes to see what would fit and then bent my own wire form by printing out the Marco discontinued image of 535-5307-03 to scale as a pattern.

In case anyone else runs into this issue.

#9627 9 years ago
Quoted from KevinG-ATL:

FYI
535-9269-00 (Labelled as a gate bracket for T3) seems to work and is available from Marco. I bought several sizes to see what would fit and then bent my own wire form by printing out the Marco discontinued image of 535-5307-03 to scale as a pattern.
In case anyone else runs into this issue.

This gate gets worn mainly due to shots up the middle in multi ball mode and hard shots to the captive ball. If you buy wire and the bending jig, make sure to buy thicker wire and use the original as a template. Pretty easy if you ask me and you will have extra wire for the next time it happens.

#9628 9 years ago

Danni hasn't played a lot of Xmen for one reason or another.

Today I coached her through a game and gave her some tips.

Straight to Danger Room and 175,000,000.

rd.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9629 9 years ago

I get mine tomorrow

#9630 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I get mine tomorrow

Party time!!

rd

1 week later
#9631 9 years ago

I have some icicles for the Iceman ramp. If anyone wants them, let me know. $15 shipped, 5, 6" pieces.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-422.jpgimage-422.jpg
#9632 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have some icicles for the Iceman ramp. If anyone wants them, let me know. $15 shipped, 5, 6" pieces.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-422.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What did you use to adher them?

#9634 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Straight to Danger Room and 175,000,000.

#9635 9 years ago

I had the danger room in sight again… flippin' wolverine can't find his way out!

#9636 9 years ago

Well, she is the 3rd ranked player in New Zealand, so she knows how to smack a ball around.

(So to speak....).

And being still in school, she's like a sponge when it comes to rulesets etc.

Just like Escher Lefkoff, he was teaching me rules for games I've never played before when I was playing with him at Lyons Classic Pinball. "Hit the spinner all day ... It's all about the bonus!" He would say.

Us old dudes, our brains are too full already, no room for any more stuff to go in there ...

rd.

1 week later
#9637 8 years ago

I have some leftover icicles for the Iceman ramp. Anyone in Minnesota can have them free if they pick them up from me. Enough to do 2+ machines left. Otherwise I got mine off amazon for $10. I used Uglue to install them.

#9638 8 years ago

This game still continues to be fun and challenging! I'm looking forward to the captive ball mod! When I saw the prototype video with the captive ball, I thought; This should have been in the production game. The physicality of a captive ball should make this game even better.

1 week later
#9639 8 years ago

Joining this club very soon....hopefully can kick some new life into it. Super excited to be finishing my Borg Trilogy with Tron, X-Men LE, Metallica...

#9640 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Joining this club very soon....hopefully can kick some new life into it. Super excited to be finishing my Borg Trilogy with Tron, X-Men LE, Metallica...

My Borg Trilogy is IM, XM and Tron but either way fantastic games all the way around.

#9641 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My Borg Trilogy is IM, XM and Tron but either way fantastic games all the way around.

I like IM, but in the home its just too short a game to hold my interest for more than a few months. I feel like I'm pretty good at the game as-is, I have a place to play one locally on route, and know at least two local collectors with one. Love the game, just too many already around locally for me to own one. Technically, you could say the same about Metallica (2 on route within 7 miles of my house) , but Metallica has a much longer game progression to it...and one that's kinda semi-reasonable (DODMB? Oooookay.) so it's better in my limited space.

I was a hardcore comics nerd of the early 90's, and was always more of a villians than heroes guy, so that coupled with the overblown importance of Wolverine in the movies for so long just wore REALLY thin.. I had no interest in Wolverine LE from the day these were announced... if I was ever going to get XM it would be a pro or Magneto.

Kind of interesting to see people are still working on the wolverine toy issue after all this time, but I'm glad to see there's some options and improvements still being done. I don't think the captive ball mod is for me unless I get to a point where I have no other choice. I'd rather have a tighter shot than making the shots substantially easier.

#9642 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Kind of interesting to see people are still working on the wolverine toy issue after all this time, but I'm glad to see there's some options and improvements still being done. I don't think the captive ball mod is for me unless I get to a point where I have no other choice. I'd rather have a tighter shot than making the shots substantially easier.

Welcome in, Frax.

What you need to realize with the Wolvie mod, is that on the LE version, the way it shipped from the factory, the Beast shot was not shootable in a lot of the games. Wolvie is so far left (mounted incorrectly from the factory) the shot is closed up. Stern realized they Fd up and moved the routing on the pros.

If you visit the fist pages in this thread (I've been here since day one..) we were slotting the figure to slide it to the right to open the shot up. This then closed down the Xavier shot. Both shots were very tight, too tight for a lot of people and they bitched about it and ended up selling the game and ripping on it for the next few years.

The captive ball was the original Borg design, you can see it in the blueprints that are in this thread.

The captive ball is a great trade off ... It opens up beast and Xavier, but neither is a "gimme" ... They are still tight shots. Beast is now like shooting through the pops on Addams or Tron I guess.

Whereas the Wolverine shot is now A LOT tougher. With the huge figure in place, Wolvie is a gimme, and people were complaining "Wolvie multiball starts too much". This problem is solved with the captive ball. In fact, it is now pretty difficult to complete Wolvie Multiball, you need to really focus on it, whereas before (stock) you can just flail around and it will complete itself every time.

My 10c.

rd.

#9643 8 years ago

I will follow up on rd's comment:

The routing was changed on the LE because they knew the badly designed figure would interfere with the LEs. I believe the LEs are made second. They overcompensated for a small issue due to not testing the figure with the LE before having hundreds made. You can't do much to fix the size of the figure outside of the newton ball solution. The bash figure was a cool idea that was executed poorly.

#9644 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I will follow up on rd's comment:
The routing was changed on the LE because they knew the badly designed figure would interfere with the LEs. I believe the LEs are made second. They overcompensated for a small issue due to not testing the figure with the LE before having hundreds made. You can't do much to fix the size of the figure outside of the newton ball solution. The bash figure was a cool idea that was executed poorly.

Nah, the LEs were made first on Xmen. I got one of the very first ones, air freighted from Stern to my distributor in NZ.

Whether the routing was planned different from day one, or changed later, only Borg would be able to tell you.

rd

#9645 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nah, the LEs were made first on Xmen. I got one of the very first ones, air freighted from Stern to my distributor in NZ.
Whether the routing was planned different from day one, or changed later, only Borg would be able to tell you.
rd

I stand corrected. Regardless, the newton ball is better. Why that Wolverine figure is so big is beyond me. Nothing on the inside needs it to be that big.

#9646 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I stand corrected. Regardless, the newton ball is better. Why that Wolverine figure is so big is beyond me. Nothing on the inside needs it to be that big.

Probably because the Magneto figure at the top of the playfield is that big too? Well, Wolvie is wider, but Magneto is "that big".

#9647 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Yeah, if it was just scaled 25% smaller, there would be no issue.

rd.

#9648 8 years ago

I surely wish there was an aftermarket Wolverine figurine that could replace the stock, with a slimmer waist.

I am able to make the Beast shot on the LE but it's not easy.

#9649 8 years ago

I'm on a pro so I never had the beast problem, but the Newton ball mod gave clear view to Xavier which helped me.. That's not an easy shot.

#9650 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, if it was just scaled 25% smaller, there would be no issue.
rd.

Couldn't that be done fairly easily? We do live in the age of 3d scanning and printing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.