(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 251.
#901 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

No pop ups or spinning magnet in Pro. I can keep hyping but you know it's all true

If this is the case, they really need to make more LE's than 300x2. Those things are going to be sold out before one even rolls off the line with all the hype this is getting.

#902 11 years ago

Well crap, from what I can see the layout and toys look great. Not what I was hoping for, damnit! Wanted it to suck since I don't have the funds to buy another game right now! What to sell...what to sell...

#903 11 years ago
Quoted from SDobek:

mnpinball said:No pop ups or spinning magnet in Pro. I can keep hyping but you know it's all true
If this is the case, they really need to make more LE's than 300x2. Those things are going to be sold out before one even rolls off the line with all the hype this is getting.

I hear WOZs are still available.

#904 11 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

mnpinball said:No pop ups or spinning magnet in Pro.
Those are the 3 of "5 interactive toys" missing from the pro then! I wonder what the 2 toys will be in common with LE and Pro.

3rd moving ramp only in LE as well.

#905 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

mnpinball said:Nightcrawler trolls
I'd be fine with that...but my assumption is that they would be "bad guys." (Hey...how many times have we bashed a "good guy" in a pin?)

Hopefully there will be a narrative reason for it that makes sense. In the movie, Nightcrawler started off "bad" under the control of Stryker. Has he ever gone bad in the comics?

#906 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

3rd moving ramp only in LE as well.

Haha, Sounds like LE or nothing.

#907 11 years ago

I've got 2 "Hero's" on hold for me so I'm all set.

#908 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I've got 2 "Hero's" on hold for me so I'm all set.

*cough cough* HEROES *cough cough*

#909 11 years ago

How cool would it be if you hit the captive ball while balls are lock you lose a ball. Punishment for a bad shot!

#910 11 years ago

Or your multiball starts no matter how many locks you have.

#911 11 years ago

Baddass

Wow, I know every new pin is the best that has ever been and hyped to death but this does look like it could be good, real good.

Just hope the p/f art is good and a really atmospheric light show.

#912 11 years ago

Wow. The CAD looks impressive. Unfortunately, even if I sold all three of my existing pins, I'd still be short. Three kids with one nearing college age means no extra funds for pins... bummer.

#913 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hm, I wonder how that will work...cuz on Avatar, one ball in causes the spikes to shoot up and lock it. Will this have a captive ball element to it, or is it just a physical lock/release? Hmmm. Interesting!

It looks like the 4 balls will release straight down onto the spinning disc magnet and do its thing, ala Twister. Cool.

#914 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

It looks like the 4 balls will release straight down onto the spinning disc magnet and do its thing, ala Twister. Cool.

Totally this I am sure will be a start of one of a multi-ball mode

#915 11 years ago

Pop up "trolls":

I'm going to throw out a guess:

Blob and Juggernaut.

#916 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pop up "trolls":

Sentinel heads .............. Master MOLD Sentinel initiate 1, 2, 3 "BAM! the sentinels pop up"

#917 11 years ago

If it's Nightcrawler, can we assume it's a mode where they alternate? There would be some strategy to choosing which ramp you want open, etc.

#918 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Sentinel heads

That would be my guess.. although Nightcrawler's "bamfing" would work too.. if the whole thing is to be like a Danger Room, then the X-Men fighting each other would still work.

#919 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Sentinel heads .............. Master MOLD Sentinel initiate 1, 2, 3 "BAM! the sentinels pop up"

That would be great!

(bump towards 1000 posts)

#920 11 years ago

+1 for sentinel heads especially if the art and voice work is going to be 90s cartoon style because the sentinels looked and sounded freaking sweet in the show and bashing sentinels can't be better surely

#921 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Rarehero said:Hm, I wonder how that will work...cuz on Avatar, one ball in causes the spikes to shoot up and lock it. Will this have a captive ball element to it, or is it just a physical lock/release? Hmmm. Interesting!

In one of the cad drawings you can see multiple roll over switches behind that center captive, similar to Champion Pub with 3 switches in it's captive.
I believe that the upper center lock is Magneto.

#922 11 years ago

What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.

#923 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Sentinel heads

Agree....I think your guess is better than mine, actually.

=)

Pete

#924 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I just worked with Steve Blum on Sly Cooper he play's the Voice of Rioichi Cooper! Great voice actor

Wait....really? Love that guy...I think he does a great Wolverine, and always liked him as Spike in Cowboy Bebop.

You should have asked him if he was working on a pinball machine...we could have had the scoop a long time ago!

Pete

#925 11 years ago

I hope the Magna-spinner is used for a Magneto mode & a Storm mode! With the right voices/music it could be Magneto controlling the metal balls and attacking....or - it could represent Storm creating a tornado.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 11 years ago

Would the Villain model have different pop up characters than the Hero?

#927 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Would the Villain model have different pop up characters than the Hero?

Oooooo....interesting concept!

I'd be surprised, though. Probably too much cost to change the figures for each edition.

#928 11 years ago

Yeah but would be a cool mod.

#929 11 years ago

I hope Sabretooth's gone be there

#930 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.

Say hello to plastic ramps. Tron has the same thing.

#931 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

c3trey said:What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.

No one stated this was going to have metal ramps. Just because it is in the promo video doesn't mean the pin will.

#932 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

c3trey said:What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.

UGH! Not plastic ramps! I understand how it helps in lighting, but I was hoping for metal ramps here.

#933 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

system11 said:c3trey said:What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.
No one stated this was going to have metal ramps. Just because it is in the promo video doesn't mean the pin will.

That is a shame.

Builds up hopes though.......

#934 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I wondered if that was the case. The ramp in the video is clearly homemade, so I figured it's possible that they use metal in the design process until the ramps can be molded.

#935 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

system11 said:c3trey said:What's going on in the drawings where it shows inserts that would seem to be underneath the ramp entrances? I can't visualize what that's about.
I wondered if that was the case. The ramp in the video is clearly homemade, so I figured it's possible that they use metal in the design process until the ramps can be molded.

Yep.

#936 11 years ago

I know these parts could be anything but if they used what do you reckon about the spinning disk is that the underside or top side and looks like a subway or cross over ramp concept ????

screen-capture.pngscreen-capture.png

#937 11 years ago

Those scissors even look like an X to me. I've got the pinerea bad.

#938 11 years ago

Apparently we can put this in our Wishlist now!

I'm in...again.

#939 11 years ago

Spinning disk looks like the Rumored Magnetic spinner such as Twister had.. That other part to the left of it sure does look like a subway to me though.

#940 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Spinning disk looks like the Rumored Magnetic spinner such as Twister had.. That other part to the left of it sure does look like a subway to me though.

Look at it further its metal (Duh magneto) why would a subway be Metal... Big Giant Ramp?

#941 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Gexchange said:

Look at it further its metal (Duh magneto) why would a subway be Metal... Big Giant Ramp?

Could be the mock up. From that facebook pic a while back, the ramps are plastic, but in this vid, they are metal.

#942 11 years ago

I'm definitely in on this one, even without seeing the artwork.

#943 11 years ago

Looks like they may be going with the avatar LE type apron on this one with transluscent windows rather than the whole thing.

#945 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm definitely in on this one, even without seeing the artwork.

The problem is without seeing the artwork, how would you know what edition to get? I'm a bit torn without cabinet pictures.

#947 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looks like they may be going with the Avatar LE type apron on this one with transluscent windows rather than the whole thing.

Something like that

#948 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Ramps are plastic

Factory ramp protectors would be nice though

#949 11 years ago

I was away from pinball during Tron LE, Transformers LE, and AC/DC LE releases, but the hype for this one sounds pretty crazy! Is this how they all were? Or is this one special? Xmen LE might sell out in record time!

#950 11 years ago

TF was pretty heavily promoted. Unfortunately the promos and the game that was released were different. Thus, TF doesn't get quite all the love it should IMHO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.