(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 251.
#9201 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe:
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=6E6BE8B7F1E571F4C7E183D8FA3D1006.m1plqscsfapp02?categoryId=136
As for the flashers...I replaced all of mine with LEDs, but stuck with cool white except for the left ramp (blue), under the disc (blue and red) and the right ramp (warm white).
My main suggestion to you would be to talk you out a yellow flasher for the right ramp. Yellow flashers (yellow LEDs in general) are, for the most part, useless. Well I shouldn't say that...they are good if they are in a location that you want yellow that is being seen by the naked eye or a place where you aren't counting on them showing through something yellow to make the light. Basically they are no good under yellow inserts or yellow domes. A regular incandescent flasher will look brighter and have more "pop" under a yellow dome than a yellow LED flasher will. The yellow just isn't powerful enough and when put under an insert or dome they look less bright. The correct call for the flasher under the yellow dome (right ramp) is a warm white.

That link definitely appears to be the right leds.
I know what you mean about yellow LEDs ~ they are dim.
I forgot about that. I'll change that color for sure.

THANKS!

#9202 9 years ago

I finally reached Dark Phoenix after owning this since day 1.
My settings are 3 ball, non stacking heroes, replay at 50m and 100m.
Lighting Brotherhood or Hellfire asap definitely is the way to start Villians more often.20141104_203418.jpg20141104_203418.jpg20141104_203308.jpg20141104_203308.jpg

#9203 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

My settings are 3 ball, non stacking heroes, replay at 50k and 100k.
Lighting Brotherhood or Hellfire asap definitely is the way to start Villians more often.

20141104_203308.jpg 236 KB

20141104_203418.jpg 246 KB

Bravo!

Those aren't easy settings, either. Are your Replay's set to extra ball, or are they just knocker-fun?

#9204 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

My settings are 3 ball, non stacking heroes, replay at 50k and 100k.
Lighting Brotherhood or Hellfire asap definitely is the way to start Villians more often.

Great job! Not an easy task...

Do you mean 50 million and 100 million?

--Luke

#9205 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

My settings are 3 ball, non stacking heroes, replay at 50m and 100m.

20141104_203308.jpg 236 KB

20141104_203418.jpg 246 KB

Yes I meant million not thousand and replays for extra ball.

#9206 9 years ago

Today I painted my Wolvie... It could be worse
I noticed that there is an LED inside the wolvie assembly. I figured the LED must be out, or not bright enough to hine through. After some testing, I can't figure out how to make it light up in game (it works in the Utility Menu).
Does anyone know how/when this light is activated?

I'm thinking of drilling out the wolvie eyeballs, and using an LED that is activated in the game. Maybe I'll run it to the Wolvie Insert light/

#9207 9 years ago

Never knew there was a light in there. Interesting

#9208 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I noticed that there is an LED inside the wolvie assembly. I figured the LED must be out, or not bright enough to hine through. After some testing, I can't figure out how to make it light up in game (it works in the Utility Menu).
Does anyone know how/when this light is activated?
I'm thinking of drilling out the wolvie eyeballs, and using an LED that is activated in the game. Maybe I'll run it to the Wolvie Insert light/

I don't believe the Pro has a light in his head. The one on the LE only operates during attract mode.

#9209 9 years ago

Does anyone have a pic when the light is on

#9210 9 years ago

I've noticed the light when I was taking the assembly apart....but have never known when/why it lights in-game.

Seems pretty useless.

Doesn't Mags have a light inside his toy, too?

#9211 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I've noticed the light when I was taking the assembly apart....but have never known when/why it lights in-game.
Seems pretty useless.
Doesn't Mags have a light inside his toy, too?

Yeah...the Magneto light shines out the holes (rivets?) in his neck area.

--Luke

#9212 9 years ago

What goes on in DR? I only made one shot LOL, is there a lot to it?

#9213 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Pics?

#9214 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What goes on in DR? I only made one shot LOL, is there a lot to it?

Its a really well done wizard mode IMO - especially on the LE. 4 levels long if I remember right. Level 1 starts off as a one ball mode with3 lit shots that must be hit (Beast, Magneto, Phoenix). Once they are all hit, the scoop flashes. Hit the scoop for level 2. Level 2 adds a ball into play. Now you must hit the same 3 lit shots, but also the two nightcrawler mechs (a nice implementation on the LE). Once all 5 shots are hit, scoop lights again. Hit that and you get another add a ball. Level 3 is the same shots as level 2, but also adding the stand up targets on each side. Finish those 7 shots and scoop lights. Hit it to add another ball. Level 4 you actually fight Danger. In this mode the NC mechs act as blocks. You have to hit the mech to knock them down (they fall for a short period of time). While they are down you have to hit either Iceman, Rogue or Xavier (I believe) to actually do damage to Danger. Simply hitting the NC mechs does not hurt her. Also, if you hit the standups on either side, that will knock the NC mech down for that side. After you actually hit her enough, you get the SJP. It takes a lot of hits to take her down. Drain down to no balls and the mode ends.

#9215 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Its a really well done wizard mode IMO - especially on the LE. 4 levels long if I remember right. Level 1 starts off as a one ball mode with3 lit shots that must be hit (Beast, Magneto, Phoenix). Once they are all hit, the scoop flashes. Hit the scoop for level 2. Level 2 adds a ball into play. Now you must hit the same 3 lit shots, but also the two nightcrawler mechs (a nice implementation on the LE). Once all 5 shots are hit, scoop lights again. Hit that and you get another add a ball. Level 3 is the same shots as level 2, but also adding the stand up targets on each side. Finish those 7 shots and scoop lights. Hit it to add another ball. Level 4 you actually fight Danger. In this mode the NC mechs act as blocks. You have to hit the mech to knock them down (they fall for a short period of time). While they are down you have to hit either Iceman, Rogue or Xavier (I believe) to actually do damage to Danger. Simply hitting the NC mechs does not hurt her. Also, if you hit the standups on either side, that will knock the NC mech down for that side. After you actually hit her enough, you get the SJP. It takes a lot of hits to take her down. Drain down to no balls and the mode ends.

Wow sounds great!

Hope it doesn't take me another 2 years to get back to DR. LOL

#9216 9 years ago

I'm not artistic, but I'm also not afraid to try. The idea was to add some shading - but it kinda makes him look dirty - even though it's not that great, it was still fun
Before, after, and installed:

1109140724.jpg1109140724.jpg
1109140816.jpg1109140816.jpg
1110141830.jpg1110141830.jpg

#9217 9 years ago

Finished a Back Panel LED Mod
I'm SURE I'm not the first to do this mod, but I haven't actually seen anyone do this one yet
This is also my first LE - so I'm kinda new to the stock multi-color lighting - There might be a whole thread on this that I overseen without owning one

Nevertheless, this is, IMO, a cool @$$ mod that can be had for ~ $10 Do it Yourself.

WARNING: It's a little Shaky Camera Action (Tripod is on the Apron/Playfield)

#9218 9 years ago

Love it. Looks very cool. Does it make the playfield too dark at all?

#9219 9 years ago

Um, as far as GI lighting goes, it should intensifies all effects, including darkening.
I don't think that all light go out more than a flicker, but previously, there would be a constant white light in the back, so the flickering off an on wasn't as dominant as it is now.

I just finished about an hour before my wife goes to bed - she came out hollering during first vid - I had to delete, and restart

I can't wait to actually play - tommorrow.

#9220 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Finished a Back Panel LED Mod
I'm SURE I'm not the first to do this mod, but I haven't actually seen anyone do this one yet
This is also my first LE - so I'm kinda new to the stock multi-color lighting - There might be a whole thread on this that I overseen without owning one
Nevertheless, this is, IMO, a cool @$$ mod that can be had for ~ $10 Do it Yourself.
WARNING: It's a little Shaky Camera Action (Tripod is on the Apron/Playfield)
» YouTube video

It looks good. I honestly never had noticed what those back white bulbs did on the backboard during the GI color changing parts. Making them color match and operate as the other colored GI light do makes sense.

A couple of tips:

Lighting the return lanes lights villain at the scoop.

You might want to look here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-xmen-le-spinning-disc-rattle

to take the thumping out of your magnet wheel.

#9221 9 years ago

I've been thinking something wasn't right with that sound. Didn't know what / why it was.
I'll be heading to pick up a 5/16 E-Ring (C-Clip) tomorrow am. THANKS!

#9222 9 years ago

and while you're there, at the back panel, i changed the 6 flashes with led ones (13 smd model), all cold white, except 2 and 5 in blue, great effect for sure in gameplay... but surelly there're lots of others possibilities

#9223 9 years ago

I have an order, in transit, from cointaker. I believe I got 4 white, 2 UV for the back panel. There's a small list a couple posts up. I'm planning to do a before and after vid of the flashers using the test cycling men.

#9224 9 years ago

not sure evbd is really aiming for "combos"
i did have well the cyborg+left ramp shot, remind me quorra+right ramp
what are your best ?

did 103 yesterday (still in 5 balls)

#9225 9 years ago

Here is some (bad) footage of my Newton ball solution. Working with a couple of people who do 3D printing to see if that is a viable way to make more of these cheaply. No permanent modifications needed to the Playfield.

I am hoping to make a better video soon.

#9226 9 years ago

Cool will that work for the LE also?

Also love your Blackbird mod, where did you find those figurines?

#9227 9 years ago

That Blackbird Figure is nice looking
I like how you have the sensitivity set - I avoid starting Wolvie MB until after having a villian started

I couldn't get the E-Ring in without locking up the motor. Funny it's too tight with it in, but I can see it jump up without it. I'll look for a thinner E-ring, or I might sand the one I have down a bit, in order to make it fit.

I did make a gameplay vid - with the backpanel GI mod.
The ramps are especially illuminated with color and darkened.

#9228 9 years ago

New XMLE owner here. Curious, is the shaker motor a must add?

#9229 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I like how you have the sensitivity set - I avoid starting Wolvie MB until after having a villian started
I couldn't get the E-Ring in without locking up the motor. Funny it's too tight with it in, but I can see it jump up without it. I'll look for a thinner E-ring, or I might sand the one I have down a bit, in order to make it fit.
I did make a gameplay vid - with the backpanel GI mod.
The ramps are especially illuminated with color and darkened.
» YouTube video

The blackbird is a painted matchbox plane. A fellow member was kind enough to paint it for me. I will try to find out the model number, but it was only $5.

#9230 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Cool will that work for the LE also?
Also love your Blackbird mod, where did you find those figurines?

The figures can be found on Amazon and eBay by looking for disney X-Men figures. They were two sets and were clearances long ago (before I even got them). About $20 - $30 a set of six I believe or you can buy the single ones.

#9231 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

New XMLE owner here. Curious, is the shaker motor a must add?

Yes, shaker is well integrated into the game.

#9232 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure evbd is really aiming for "combos"
i did have well the cyborg+left ramp shot, remind me quorra+right ramp
what are your best ?
did 103 yesterday (still in 5 balls)

5 balls???? I thought you said you had your game on factory settings!

--Luke

#9233 9 years ago

Who's cyborg?

#9234 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who's cyborg?

I think he meant Cyclops to Storm ramp is like Quorra to Right Ramp in Tron

FWIW: My combo champ is currently at 48 with 3 ball settings.

#9235 9 years ago

lol, was surelly in a "JC VANDAMME" mood when posted...

@Luke : yep, the 5 balls settings was already precised too since the begining, now you feel i'm less "good" than

#9236 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol, was surelly in a "JC VANDAMME" mood when posted...
@Luke : yep, the 5 balls settings was already precised too since the begining, now you feel i'm less "good" than

LOL...I'm just giving you a hard time. Actually, even on 5 ball it's not easy to get to Dark Phoenix. So I still think you're good.

--Luke

#9237 9 years ago

Just reached Dark Phoenix for the first time (Default settings with Mag MB start on hard) and it was quite a rush. Finally got the GC score on my machine with 348m. Had to play Hellfire multiball 3 times lol. Got a little amped up when the DP insert was lit but still nailed it on the first shot. Fun mode, I wish I knew more of the rules going in, only scored about 80 million during DP.

1 week later
#9238 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just reached Dark Phoenix for the first time (Default settings with Mag MB start on hard) and it was quite a rush. Finally got the GC score on my machine with 348m. Had to play Hellfire multiball 3 times lol. Got a little amped up when the DP insert was lit but still nailed it on the first shot. Fun mode, I wish I knew more of the rules going in, only scored about 80 million during DP.

It's so cool getting it the first time. I still don't really know what I'm doing but love it.

#9239 9 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has looked at replacing the crappy decalled switch of the night crawlers into something like the troll setup on MM? It's be an awesome mod and add some real Polish to the game too

#9240 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just wondering if anyone has looked at replacing the crappy decalled switch of the night crawlers into something like the troll setup on MM? It's be an awesome mod and add some real Polish to the game too

I was hoping for a 3-D molded face too. The lights from pinballrefinery.com are a must have behind the targets until someone makes a better mod in the mean time.

#9241 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I was hoping for a 3-D molded face too. The lights from pinballrefinery.com are a must have behind the targets until someone makes a better mod in the mean time.

I have been meaning to get those. So you guys happy with them. Reasonably easy to instal?

1 week later
#9242 9 years ago

I just want to say that my X-Men LE makes me realize what a F'ing bad pinball player I am.

I just can't come near mastering any part of the rules...or some of the ramp shots.

UGH!

Robert

#9243 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I just want to say that my X-Men LE makes me realize what a F'ing bad pinball player I am.
I just can't come near mastering any part of the rules...or some of the ramp shots.
UGH!
Robert

Persevere and XMEN will make you a better player.

Or, just be like some others and sell it and claim it sucks (because they suck!!) and then they go buy ST with its 4" wide ramps so they can shoot them all day and feel like a winner!

Just take some time .. Have some practice games where you just try and learn say the three shots on the right ... Cyclops, iceman, phoenix. Take the glass off if you want. Stop the ball on the left flipper and learn the angles for the three shots. Do that for a few days.

Then, do the same for the left hand shots. Firing the ball cleanly around the "beast" loop is pretty sweet. Especially when "gambit" has just started counting down. As soon as I hear the gambit music playing, boom! Over to the right flipper to line up the shot. Big points if you can pull it off.

Your practice will pay dividends, I promise.

rd.

#9244 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Persevere and XMEN will make you a better player.
Or, just be like some others and sell it and claim it sucks (because they suck!!) and then they go buy ST with its 4" wide ramps so they can shoot them all day and feel like a winner!

AGREED! But they don't stop there. They have to go into every xmen WTB thread and crap all over there too! There are a few very vocal neysayers about xmen and I believe your statement captures the true state of affairs RD. Bravo!

#9245 9 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

AGREED! But they don't stop there. They have to go into every xmen WTB thread and crap all over there too! There are a few very vocal neysayers about xmen and I beleive your statement captures the true state of affairs RD. Bravo!

Thanks. We all know who they are too. Some of these guys did the same thing with Transformers too.

Hey, I don't like WOZ (at all!!) but you don't see me going into the WOZ threads and posting crap and thumbing down posts.

At the end of the day, everyone has the right to an opinion (I like Xmen, they don't) but pissing on someone else's opinion for the sake of it (all the time!) is a bit lame.

rd.

#9246 9 years ago

I got my NightCrawlers lit up with LED strips, but would like to turn them off when they are in the down position.
Does anyone have an example of how this is done, or wiring pics?

1208142106.jpg1208142106.jpg
1208142220.jpg1208142220.jpg

#9247 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also love your Blackbird mod....

Quoted from boogies:

Quoted from judremy:

The blackbird is a painted matchbox plane. A fellow member was kind enough to paint it for me. I will try to find out the model number, but it was only $5.

Thanks for the compliments guys. T'was me that did the Blackbird for Judremy (as well as myself). The original toy is a Matchbox plane called the "Hypersonic Jet".
https://www.google.com/search?q=matchbox+hypersonic+jet&biw=1020&bih=508&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0DKHVN7kKsHaggSL84LQBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Easy enough to find at any Walmart/Target/etc. Paint job is simple blue spray paint, masking tape off the wings, then black spray for the body. Cockpit and "X" symbol are simply a yellow dot sticker cut out to shape and then black detail lines drawn on with a Sharpie. Spray with a satin clearcoat to seal, and you're all done!

Here's my original mod thread;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-blackbird-mod

Later,
EV

1 week later
#9248 9 years ago

i thought this plastic was not really needed there... but yes, now i know it is

magneto bb.JPGmagneto bb.JPG

#9249 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I got my NightCrawlers lit up with LED strips, but would like to turn them off when they are in the down position.
Does anyone have an example of how this is done, or wiring pics?

Did you get this figured out yet Boogies?

#9250 9 years ago

Nope, but not a big deal. When I installed them, I figured the leds would be visible when the NightCrawlers were down. I've played a few games, and its not even really noticeable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.