(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 251.
#8701 9 years ago

I must be the only decent pinball player that doesn't have 40+ min games of Lord of the Rings. I love it and play it just fine, but a 45 minute game every time? No way.

#8702 9 years ago

I was finally able to get and install an LED back box panel for my X-Men LE Wolverine today. What a huge difference between the florescent bulb and LEDs... Wow!

Before (sorry about the glare from the blinds):
IMG_8381.JPGIMG_8381.JPG

After (with the LED panel)
IMG_8425.jpgIMG_8425.jpg

Huge thanks to Markmon for hooking me up!

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#8703 9 years ago

Just installed an LED OCD on my pro. Highly recommended.

#8704 9 years ago

Anyone have any high quality custom game play and and rule cards to sell. I will gladly send a paypal donation to you. Preferably looking for sexy rouge and villians. Im tired of my stock cards so Ill look at all offers. Thanks Donny

#8705 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Anyone have any high quality custom game play and and rule cards to sell. I will gladly send a paypal donation to you. Preferably looking for sexy rouge and villians. Im tired of my stock cards so Ill look at all offers. Thanks Donny

Here you go!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-free-playinstruction-cards

I have these on mine as well...

IMG_8436.JPGIMG_8436.JPG

#8706 9 years ago

Much appreciated MrBellMan, but I couldnt get these to print right. What should I set the settings to, to print perfect?,Ive tried those before, when they were first posted. You have the same exact ones I want, Hook a brother up

#8708 9 years ago

I think I downloaded them (or some) from here:

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/2013/03/x-men.html

Download in the PDF format... They printed perfectly on my computer/printer, but if you are not printing the correct size, use Photoshop or something like that to resize them to what you need.

Good luck!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#8709 9 years ago

Donny, I made these a few months back...

Scott

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-x-men-cards

#8710 9 years ago

Ahh Decent!! toyboy6. I really like the one with Deadpool and Dark Phoenix. Will these print as default size for my game?

#8711 9 years ago

Does the post count counter max out at 9999?

Just curious...

#8712 9 years ago

I know the Wolverine LE backglass is Jim Lee's art...but does anyone know where it came from?

Is it a cover, or a splash page, or just some random art?

I wouldn't mind tracking it down if it is an issue somewhere...

Pete

#8713 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I must be the only decent pinball player that doesn't have 40+ min games of Lord of the Rings. I love it and play it just fine, but a 45 minute game every time? No way.

Just for shits and giggles, I decided to give LOTR a crank this morning to see how long the game was.

45 mins. It was a pretty decent game, with a 40 sec destroy the ring and TABA.

so maybe the average LOTR game is not as long as I thought. Maybe 20-30 mins?

image-427.jpgimage-427.jpg

image-713.jpgimage-713.jpg

image-688.jpgimage-688.jpg

#8714 9 years ago

Lol RD... I had LOTR on last night... Just have a game before I turn it off.... Half an hour later & 156mil

I said to Brenda... You cant do that on BSD

#8715 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Lol RD... I had LOTR on last night... Just have a game before I turn it off.... Half an hour later & 156mil
I said to Brenda... You cant do that on BSD

On BSD and IM 10 minutes is a marathon game lol

rd

#8716 9 years ago

I can't look at an LoTR LE without seeing the hair penis.

#8717 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I can't look at an LoTR LE without seeing the hair penis.

Come on Wolfie old mate ... we know you lovvvvvve the penis!

rd

#8718 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Come on Wolfie old mate ... we know you lovvvvvve the penis!
rd

Lol!

Well, yeah, of course. I've been a big fan of mine for a long time.

#8719 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I know the Wolverine LE backglass is Jim Lee's art...but does anyone know where it came from?
Is it a cover, or a splash page, or just some random art?
I wouldn't mind tracking it down if it is an issue somewhere...
Pete

Pete, believe it is from an Italian special cover. Looked for it myself, but haven't been able to find a copy. Let me know if you are successful

Scott
wolverine1-2.jpgwolverine1-2.jpg

#8720 9 years ago

Well, I did find this on eBay:

ebay.com link: ws

It's a limited art print (18x24) of that Jim Lee Wolverine.

It's not for me...but maybe one of you other guys would dig it?

Pete

#8721 9 years ago

Made it to Danger Room for the first time tonight! Woohoo! It was very short lived (very, very short lived, LOL), but felt SO GOOD to finally make it there. I've been close in the past, but just couldn't hit it. I can't wait to hit it again and actually get to see a little more of it someday. The tiny bit I did see was pretty awesome!

Holy crap...I need a nap after that game...

dangerroom1.jpgdangerroom1.jpg

#8722 9 years ago

My NIB Wolverine LE #243 is scheduled to deliver on Monday. The seller shipped me the replacement AUX board already.

Is there any reason to not immediately change out this board? My plan was to do it before ever playing a game.

As a side note, I am very excited to join the community of owners and I already have many mods planned!

#8723 9 years ago

So I've found a bug, not sure if it's been discussed I am in Juggernaut mode and start Prof X ( May happen with other villain modes as well) but it says the intro to Prof X but doesn't show the mutant you are supposed to find because the villain clips take priority

Also could swear I 'beat' Storm by hitting Rouge shot twice ( not Storm ramp) I have not taken the glass off to see if this is true but has anyone else found that? I am just beginning to beat Storm more often hard for me to set up the side ramp shot when I need it.

I sure wish Stern is still working on the code if just to clean up some of the bugs. They really bug me.

#8724 9 years ago

The board has flaws that's why they made this one. You wouldn't want to damage the game by leaving In the old one while you have the new one on hand.

#8725 9 years ago

I have had the exact same problems with storm. Also by gaining more xmen and not gaining that second extra ball is frustrating

#8726 9 years ago

How do you achieve all the extra balls in X-Men? I know Nightcrawler is one of them, and beating four villains is another, but it seems like there are even more.

#8727 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

The board has flaws that's why they made this one. You wouldn't want to damage the game by leaving In the old one while you have the new one on hand.

Did the board have flaws?

I was under the impression that all the AUX boards were the same....but the updated wiring harness was the key to longevity.

Pete

#8728 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

My NIB Wolverine LE #243 is scheduled to deliver on Monday. The seller shipped me the replacement AUX board already.
Is there any reason to not immediately change out this board? My plan was to do it before ever playing a game.
As a side note, I am very excited to join the community of owners and I already have many mods planned!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think changing the board out day one is not necessary. You'd need the updated wiring harness for it to do any good.

#8729 9 years ago

Just Noticed this was now a club threat so I'm caught up and ill play along.

Wolverine #250
xmen250.jpegxmen250.jpeg

The other day I had an amazing game, I had left my code at 1.50. Got to Danger Room and completed it on my first ball and kept going. Then I plowed through all the villains, but because i was still on old code and had beat DR, not Dark Phoenix for me. It made the game do some pretty crazy stuff, it would scroll through random animations, start random modes, and only villains it would let me start where Hellfire Club and Brotherhood. I ended up just letting my last balls drain. Super bummer. Guess I'll update to 1.51.

#8730 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So I've found a bug, not sure if it's been discussed I am in Juggernaut mode and start Prof X ( May happen with other villain modes as well) but it says the intro to Prof X but doesn't show the mutant you are supposed to find because the villain clips take priority

Yeah...that has pretty much always been the case and a bug Stern decided to always ignore.

...though I did think that they made a change where if you were in a villian mode while in Prof X mode it would go ahead and light the mutant target that you are looking for (just as if you had hit Prof X a second time to reveal the mutant). Then again...maybe I just dreamt that up.

#8731 9 years ago

have been ordering some Marvel Omnibus editions, have not read any yet but want to read up on the X-Men.

This one looks cool.
wolverine.jpgwolverine.jpg

#8732 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Made it to Danger Room for the first time tonight! Woohoo! It was very short lived (very, very short lived, LOL), but felt SO GOOD to finally make it there. I've been close in the past, but just couldn't hit it. I can't wait to hit it again and actually get to see a little more of it someday. The tiny bit I did see was pretty awesome!

dangerroom1.jpg 81 KB

Congrats and awesome job!

#8733 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Congrats man!

#8734 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...though I did think that they made a change where if you were in a villian mode while in Prof X mode it would go ahead and light the mutant target that you are looking for (just as if you had hit Prof X a second time to reveal the mutant). Then again...maybe I just dreamt that up.

I can confirm that this is the case in 1.51. It's actually a good strategy to beat Xavier if you have a hard time hitting the Xavier shot (you only have to hit him once to start his mode AND reveal the mutant when a villian is running).

--Luke

#8735 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah...that has pretty much always been the case and a bug Stern decided to always ignore.

This is correct. They basically reveal the mutant location. Ice Man is STILL the Storm shot though which seems to be a bug to me.

#8736 9 years ago

Is anyone here big into comics? I'm trying to finish off my X-Men run, and get a few other key Marvel issues.

I'm all for trading pinball stuff, or other comics, or paying for them, or whatever.

So, just in case you have a stack of Amazing Fantasy 15's lying around...

Pete

#8737 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is anyone here big into comics?

Big time into comics. When I was young, the county newspaper did an article on how many comics I had collected. I sold many of them when I had to pay for college and would later buy a lot of the same ones back.

I love the old silver and bronze age Marvel the most.

#8738 9 years ago

I am, but my XM stuff is all going to be from Giant Size 1 forward. What are you looking for?

#8739 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am, but my XM stuff is all going to be from Giant Size 1 forward. What are you looking for?

I'm trying to get a run from 94 to 300. I've got everything from 115 on, except for a few (131,133,141,143 and 266).

I'm missing a few from 95 to 114.

I'd love to get my hands on some very early X-Men, I think my earliest issues are 11 and 20.

It'd be a dream to get #1...

#8740 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Big time into comics. When I was young, the county newspaper did an article on how many comics I had collected. I sold many of them when I had to pay for college and would later buy a lot of the same ones back.
I love the old silver and bronze age Marvel the most.

I've been hunting for some key issues lately, like
Amazing Fantasy 15
Hulk 181
Tales of Suspense 39
X-Men 1
Werewolf by Night 32
Iron Fist 14
Amazing Spider-Man 300
..and so on.

I've probably got about 50 long boxes of stuff (or more). Finally had to move it out of it's dedicated room to make way for the nursery.

#8741 9 years ago

I know i got X-men 266 (Gambits first appearance) and the first Venom arch Amazing Spider-man 298-300

#8742 9 years ago

My NIB Wolverine LE #243 was delivered yesterday. My father was there to assist me with setup. It was both of our first time with a NIB and I really enjoyed the opening process. It reminded me of Christmas morning.

Assembly was straight forward and we just took it step by step according to included instructions. No damage to the machine during shipping (very relieved).

Once assembled, I did a few things prior to playing.

1. Installed new Aux board and harness
2. Installed Cliffy for scoop
3. Installed Hemi's scoop lighting mod

Once complete, I finally turned on the machine and began going through the diagnostics to ensure functions.

Problems found:

1.Left Nightcrawler would not pop up. A slight movement of mechanism freed the mechanism and it began working properly.

2. Iceman ramp would not make switches to end the movement and it would constantly hunt. Simple switch adjustments under playfield corrected this. Also slightly bent Wolverine claws to ensure clearance.

3. Spinning disk is noisy. Will be purchasing e-clip today to hopefully resolve.

Thanks to all who posted about game to allow me to join the club with a good background on the game and issues that others encountered.

X-Men was one of my dream pins, and the good folks at Cointaker helped me make it a reality.

Next up for mods on my list will be the shaker motor, Bowen figures (Cyclops and Gambit), and a speaker light kit.

Was curious if any of you have done special framing arrangements with COA and maybe some comics or other art?
Just an idea I had last night...

#8743 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is anyone here big into comics? I'm trying to finish off my X-Men run, and get a few other key Marvel issues.
I'm all for trading pinball stuff, or other comics, or paying for them, or whatever.
So, just in case you have a stack of Amazing Fantasy 15's lying around...
Pete

I've been buying the Omnibus collections from Amazon, got Deadpool, Wolveriene, couple of X-men as well as the smaller 'Days of Future Past' (as well as several Spiderman).

Seem to be high quality and a cheaper way to get some of the pricier volumes.

#8744 9 years ago

I have to say again, with XMLE I have gone from mildly dislike (or apathy) to the pin to now it being one of my favorite pins (and I have a lot of nice pins).

Still have not collected all the heroes in one game yet, but the other day collected 4 (if you include NC) on my first ball, but kind of choked after that.

#8745 9 years ago

instocktrades.com has the best price on Omnibus and collected editions. If they aren't sold out of it, it will be cheaper than Amazon. I have all of the X-Men Omnibus books, and shopped around for the best prices on them.

#8746 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

instocktrades.com has the best price on Omnibus and collected editions. If they aren't sold out of it, it will be cheaper than Amazon. I have all of the X-Men Omnibus books, and shopped around for the best prices on them.

Have to check them out thanks!

#8747 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've been buying the Omnibus collections from Amazon, got Deadpool, Wolveriene, couple of X-men as well as the smaller 'Days of Future Past' (as well as several spiderman).

Seem to be high quality and a cheaper way to get some of the pricier volumes.

If you really want to read Marvel, you can subscribe to their Marvel Unlimited and read over 13,000 books off of a Ipad/Tablet.

http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited

#8748 9 years ago

Thanks, good to know.

Could you comic guys recommend some of the better Omnibus volumes ( doesn't need to be X-men).

#8749 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, good to know.
Could you comic guys recommend some of the better Omnibus volumes ( doesn't need to be X-men).

If you don't mind venturing into DC, "Identity Crisis" was a fantastic read. (Ditto for Batman "Hush.")

Pete

#8750 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, good to know.

Anything collected in Omnibus is worth reading. But some of them are hard to find and really expensive.

Punisher Omnibus by Ennis
Thor Simonson Omnibus
Deadpool Joe Kelly Omnibus
Amazing Spiderman McFarlane Omnibus
Captain America Brubaker Omnibus
New X-Men Omnibus
Uncanny X-Force Remender (<------amazing and still can be found new)
X-Men vol 1 Lee
X-Men vol 2 Lee
Uncanny X-Men 1
Uncanny X-Men 2
X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
X-Men Age of Apocalypse Companion
Wolverine & the X-Men

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.