(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 251.
#8151 10 years ago

That chrome job is "the balls". Looks amazing. Usually I think chrome coin doors don't look that great, but on your machine, the way it was done, it is awesome. Great job!

#8152 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

That chrome job is "the balls". Looks amazing. Usually I think chrome coin doors don't look that great, but on your machine, the way it was done, it is awesome. Great job!

Thanks man, I appreciate that The one downside to the chrome is all the fingerprints, I had no idea what I was getting into with that

#8153 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Thanks man, I appreciate that The one downside to the chrome is all the fingerprints, I had no idea what I was getting into with that

Yeaaaah. The fingerprints suck......

#8154 10 years ago

If you wipe it down regularly with fiber, and ever need to know who played it recently, well, the evidence is before you.

#8155 10 years ago

Chrome does look sweet. I just got an XMLE from Hemi completely modded (over the top) and this game ROCKS!! I can't believe it's not in higher demand.

#8156 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Chrome does look sweet. I just got an XMLE from Hemi completely modded (over the top) and this game ROCKS!! I can't believe it's not in higher demand.

Nice, you'll have to post some pictures... and yeah, I can't believe it's not in higher demand either, I love it!

#8157 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

IF (and I know its a big if) Stern gives us one more solid code update for this game (with great finish and polish), this will be a high demand game very soon. It is a fun game now with a lot going for it (unique playfield art, great music, custom dots, very well done callouts, a ton of modes, great toy integration). Once more people realize this, its demand will go up, especially with the limited number of LE's and no premiums.

#8158 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I just got an XMLE from Hemi completely modded (over the top) and this game ROCKS!! I can't believe it's not in higher demand.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
The "demand" issue, IMO, is because the initial release was sooooo overhyped and under delivered and was a mess of a game for almost a year, with completely botched "updates". Most that bought NIB were so soured by that process (and losing lots of $$ on their sake of it) that they never gave it a fair shake once better code came out for it. And ever since it's been an uphill battle of XM being kept down by some of those soured previous owners that frankly just do not want to see this pin get successful so they can feel good about their decision to dump it.

.....ok, probably presuming a bit too much with that last point, but the rest of it is still valid .

Don't worry, you picked it up at probably the best time! Very strong scuttlebutt now is that they're working on finishing the code as we speak....er, type. Who knows how long it will take (I don't care as long as it's good) to release, but it's comforting just to know that they're working on it.

ENJOY!

....p.s.: if you need help with the rules, check out my two XM rule sheets threads. The game is crazy deep, and the consensus I've gotten from those that have gone through the my rule sheets is that it made the game much more enjoyable for them

#8159 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Congrats and welcome to the club!
....p.s.: if you need help with the rules, check out my two XM rule sheets threads. The game is crazy deep, and the consensus I've gotten from those that have gone through the my rule sheets is that it made the game much more enjoyable for them

Very cool! Thanks for mentioning these (and for putting it together). I certainly hope it's not just a rumor that they're working on code. One final update would be awesome.

#8160 10 years ago

Does any one have the complete X-men LE code lineage saved? I erased mine once the latest came out. I want to check whether it was a glitch or not during the Hellfire club Mode where the nightcrawler pop-ups would interact like punches against Sebastian Shaw. Does anyone remember this or not? Stern might have taken this out or it might have been a glitch from the start.

#8161 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does any one have the complete X-men LE code lineage saved? I erased mine once the latest came out. I want to check whether it was a glitch or not during the Hellfire club Mode where the nightcrawler pop-ups would interact like punches against Sebastian Shaw. Does anyone remember this or not? Stern might have taken this out or it might have been a glitch from the start.

Which version are you looking for? I think I have most..outside of the initial code release...

Pete

#8162 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I officially entered the twilight zone.

#8163 10 years ago

OK guys.. I left the XM club today. CptAwesomest came by and picked it up.. Long drive for him. The last play was bittersweet.. The game is really pretty sweet. Just only so much room.. Too many other things going on in the pinverse.. TBL is a must buy if not a hoax, MMR certainly makes a nice backup plan. All in all, a good lesson in the pitfalls of NIB/preordering

#8164 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Which version are you looking for? I think I have most..outside of the initial code release...

Pete

I think it would be the one 2nd to the first release. PM me if you can.

#8165 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

OK guys.. I left the XM club today. CptAwesomest came by and picked it up.. Long drive for him. The last play was bittersweet.. The game is really pretty sweet. Just only so much room.. Too many other things going on in the pinverse.. TBL is a must buy if not a hoax, MMR certainly makes a nice backup plan. All in all, a good lesson in the pitfalls of NIB/preordering

Quitter!

#8166 10 years ago

I think it's time for a few beers and a few games of x-men!

#8167 10 years ago

Has anyone got to the end of Danger Room?
I got to Danger Room yesterday and there was a villain at the end of it, I have no idea who it is.

#8168 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I got to Danger Room yesterday and there was a villain at the end of it, I have no idea who it is.

It's Danger, from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men.

http://marvel.com/universe/Danger

#8169 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

It's Danger, from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men.
http://marvel.com/universe/Danger

Cool, thanks for that!
Danger Room is a cool wizard mode, such a buzz just to get there.
I really like the way it starts as 1 ball and builds up to 4 balls as you progress through.

#8170 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Has anyone got to the end of Danger Room?

Her name is Danger.....not her middle name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_(comics)

#8171 10 years ago

D'oh! Copperpot beat me

#8172 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I am loving X-men. It was a hell of a drive day, but so worth it. Such a great and under appreciated game (even in its current code state) happy to be in the club and a big thanks to and good meeting sd_tom

#8173 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I am loving X-men. It was a hell of a drive day, but so worth it. Such a great and under appreciated game (even in its current code state) happy to be in the club and a big thanks to and good meeting sd_tom

Likewise! Glad everything worked out!

#8174 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Congrats it is an awesome pin indeed!

#8176 10 years ago

Sold a couple & now have Xmen corner! Finally has a corner of the game room all to its own

20131125_210718.jpg20131125_210718.jpg
#8177 10 years ago

One of sterns best

#8178 10 years ago

Hate to say it, but Steve said, no more updates for this title.....that's what he said..
someone said this , in another thread..

#8179 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Hate to say it, but Steve said, no more updates for this title.....that's what he said..

We shall see. How would you like your crow cooked?

#8180 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Steve is a briliant designer but he is human and has been wrong on occasion. He had a lot going on with his project at the time I doubt he knew exactly what other pins that Stern would be working on an update for. I am very optimistic that Borg and the team will make sure XM gets finished code wise.

Quoted from Breadfan:

Sold a couple & now have Xmen corner! Finally has a corner of the game room all to its own

That looks great in that spot nice Magneto art to the right of it!

#8181 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

That was then .. This is now ... Xmen will get an update for sure, hopefully before years end.

#8182 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Hate to say it, but Steve said, no more updates for this title

Maybe, just maybe, Steve saw that the XM code update was unlikely and made that statement knowing full well it would energize the XM fanbase to contact Stern directly and demand the game be finished. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but it definitely DID do that, and now Stern seems to be working on an XM update (from Facebook and other comments from designers, etc).

-Wes

#8183 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Maybe, just maybe, Steve saw that the XM code update was unlikely and made that statement knowing full well it would energize the XM fanbase to contact Stern directly and demand the game be finished. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but it definitely DID do that, and now Stern seems to be working on an XM update (from Facebook and other comments from designers, etc).
-Wes

If this is true then that's great! I guess the next big question is when? There's so much going on at stern right now, plus holiday season, I Doubt a new code would come anytime soon but hope I'm wrong

#8184 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but hope I'm wrong

I hope your wrong too. Nah in all seriousness I hope they take the time needed to finish the code off in style.

#8185 10 years ago

anything but a xmas power pack though

#8186 10 years ago

IMO, all of the push back here over the code has resulted in a change of policy...I feel confident that the update will happen but I'm equally confident that it will be less than what you folks are expecting.

1 week later
#8187 10 years ago

OMG im so excited about this movie franchise, Im obviosly a huge X-Men fan. Bryan Singer must have so much hope that Days Of Future Past will be great, he is making a X-Men: Apocalypse Set for May 27, 2016. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180637-x-men-apocalypse-set-for-may-27-2016. I wish Wolverine and the X-men season 2 happened, I was so excited to see Apocalypse was going to be in it.

#8188 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Her name is Danger.....not her middle name
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_(comics)

This link now has a reference to the pinball machine by me!

#8189 10 years ago

I think what bothers me about this game is that there are a lot of people that won't give it a chance based purely on the negative comments they hear.

It's a great game, but has seemingly been put under a gigantic microscope by people hunting for flaws. I can't think of many other games under such intense scrutiny.

Pete

#8190 10 years ago

Avengers is dogged way more.

#8191 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I think what bothers me about this game is that there are a lot of people that won't give it a chance based purely on the negative comments they hear.
It's a great game, but has seemingly been put under a gigantic microscope by people hunting for flaws. I can't think of many other games under such intense scrutiny.
Pete

For me, as a late purchaser, I'm glad it was dogged. Xmen le is and remains a fantastically underpriced game. It has way more depth and strategy requirements than tron, but tron le is twice the cost. There is no way I would pay what tron le is fetching because it just isn't worth it to me. Tron and xmen are unique in the stern dichotomy as they predate the le/prem/pro sales structure. (avatar and rolling stones do also, but I haven't played either so I have excluded them from my discussion). Tron le, in my opinion, isn't all that much different feature/ play wise from tron pro. Xmen le, however, has several features which dramatically affect play, and said features were never repeated on an unlimited premium version. whereas tron le is now $8-10k more than a tron pro, xmen le is only about $1.5k-$2k more than xmen pro. In short, I say let the fickle pinsiders dog away on xmen all they want. I have certainly benefitted from the dogging and absolutely love xmen. If it had received the adulation poured upon tron, i wouldn't have an xmen in my gameroom right now. It is a great game with intricate rules and has dots rivalling or beating the best games of all time. I have yet to play any pin with dots that even come close to the quality, variety and intricacy of those on xmen.

My two cents...If stern had never put the word "deadpool" in the menu, The pissing and moaning would have ceased at rev 1.3.

#8192 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

For me, as a late purchaser, I'm glad it was dogged. Xmen le is and remains a fantastically underpriced game. It has way more depth and strategy requirements than tron, but tron le is twice the cost. There is no way I would pay what tron le is fetching because it just isn't worth it to me. Tron and xmen are unique in the stern dichotomy as they predate the le/prem/pro sales structure. (Avatar and rolling stones do also, but I haven't played either so I have excluded them from my discussion). TRON LE, in my opinion, isn't all that much different feature/ play wise from tron pro. Xmen le, however, has several features which dramatically affect play, and said features were never repeated on an unlimited premium version. whereas tron le is now $8-10k more than a tron pro, xmen le is only about $1.5k-$2k more than xmen pro. In short, I say let the fickle pinsiders dog away on xmen all they want. I have certainly benefitted from the dogging and absolutely love xmen. If it had received the adulation poured upon tron, i wouldn't have an xmen in my gameroom right now. It is a great game with intricate rules and has dots rivalling or beating the best games of all time. I have yet to play any pin with dots that even come close to the quality, variety and intricacy of those on xmen.
My two cents...If stern had never put the word "deadpool" in the menu, The pissing and moaning would have ceased at rev 1.3.

Disagree. The bugs in 1.3 plus the unfinished ultimate wizard mode are begging for an update.

#8193 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Quoted from judremy:

Disagree. The bugs in 1.3 plus the unfinished ultimate wizard mode are begging for an update.

+1 It is not just Deadpool, it is getting a finished product. I realize that I will probably never in my lifetime get to the Ultimate Wizard mode, but if I did, I would not feel too excited just seeing the words Wizard Mode on the DMD. That's pretty anti-climatic.

#8194 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

+1 It is not just Deadpool, it is getting a finished product. I realize that I will probably never in my lifetime get to the Ultimate Wizard mode, but if I did, I would not feel too excited just seeing the words Wizard Mode on the DMD. That's pretty anti-climatic.

But getting to the mini wizard modes (danger room and dark Phoenix) occur 20X more often and are hella fun to achieve, play, and complete.

I've been to the final wizard mode and I had a great time on it; it had scoring and rules associated with it. The dmd saying wizard mode didn't bother me too much as I was concentrating on the task at hand.

#8195 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But getting to the mini wizard modes (danger room and dark Phoenix) occur 20X more often and are hella fun to achieve, play, and complete.
I've been to the final wizard mode and I had a great time on it; it had scoring and rules associated with it. The dmd saying wizard mode didn't bother me too much as I was concentrating on the task at hand.

Let Stern hear that and they will start putting the same software on all new games. No sounds or dots, just the Lonnie special.

#8196 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Let Stern hear that and they will start putting the same software on all new games. No sounds or dots, just the Lonnie special.

What do you mean...avengers already got the same treatment with its wizard mode

#8197 10 years ago

Looks like stern moved xmen pro to their "out of production" page. Same for transformers also.

#8198 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Looks like stern moved xmen pro to their "out of production" page. Same for transformers also.

I wonder if that means there is no chance of another code update?

#8199 10 years ago

C'mon, there's always a chance!

#8200 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Well, no use making any more with the new movie starting to be advertised. They need more room on the line for the 6th variation of ACDC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/164 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.