(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 251.
#601 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Pinbot, 200, fully working. Bought eight months ago.

STTNG, 1400, fully working. Bought two months ago.

Gosh, sell those two, and you're getting a lot closer to being able to afford an X-Men!

#602 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How about a friendly wager? I'll be you a hundred bucks that X-Men is Stern's next pin and that Borg is the designer. And that there will be two LE versions and a Pro.

No kidding. I'm also happy to make this bet with anyone that is willing!

Pete

#603 11 years ago

Pinbot was actually sold to pay for STTNG. Even if I got good money for STTNG (4200-ish after the LED kit and everything...) still wouldn't come close to paying for X-Men LE, and let's face it, I'm not a "players pin" kind of guy. If there's a version out there with crippled toys, I'm not really looking at that, I'm looking at the full deal. Nothing wrong with that, I just can't in good faith buy a game that has features crippled to get the cost down. Cosmetic stuff, yes. Gameplay stuff, not so much. Stern did a good job with Tron Pro/LE...drop targets aren't that big a deal, and the rest was pretty much cosmetic IMO.

After seeing vid of the spinning magnet on Lost in Space, there's no way on earth I'd buy the one with just the magnet. I've never seen video of Twister, but if it's anything like what's on LiS, that's awesome.

Besides, my wife likes STTNG, doesn't like Space Shuttle, and won't let me sell STTNG unless it's to pay for a Cirqus Voltaire, and that's probably REALLY unlikely, as I'd prefer to have STTNG over CV. Maybe our difference in pin preferences is the real issue here!

#604 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

RobT said:How about a friendly wager? I'll be you a hundred bucks that X-Men is Stern's next pin and that Borg is the designer. And that there will be two LE versions and a Pro.

No kidding. I'm also happy to make this bet with anyone that is willing!
Pete

Na it is MIB. The 3rd movie just came out so it has to be that.

#605 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

markmon said:This thread totally amazes me. Stern has announced nothing. There's no guarantee that they are even releasing a new pin. Who knows. Yet everyone is convinced that someone "in the know" has "leaked" the inside info. No one has seen anything. No art, no playfield, nothing. And yet people are lining up to buy it? Debating over who is doing the code? Talking about translights? Wtf?
Are you serious?
Come on Mark, open your eyes! Let the information that is out their flow in!
How about a friendly wager? I'll be you a hundred bucks that X-Men is Stern's next pin and that Borg is the designer. And that there will be two LE versions and a Pro.
What say you?!

Why the hell would I bet? I didn't say "I know it's not xmen". I pointed out that nothing has been announced yet everyone is talking about the translites as if we have confirmations and pictures. Rumors may be true or they may not be. That's nothing to bet on or against (which was the whole point of my post). It's one thing to talk about rumors. It's quite something else to be taking preorders, talking about software folks, etc when nothing has been announced yet. That's all.

#606 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Frax said:

... dumping some older pins at good prices if current machines keep rocking!

Keep dreaming. The way the market is older pins just keep going up in price. Buy sooner than later.

I tend to agree that with such the influx of new machines, prices will from here on in a whole halt or drop on alot of older machines....at the very least more older titles will be readily up for sale.

#607 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I won't spill the beans but can't wait for Stern to release photos!

Oh hey, let me just throw a bunch of banana peels on the floor while you walk around with those beans....

SPILL! SPILL!!! SPILL!!!!!

#608 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

After seeing vid of the spinning magnet on Lost In Space, there's no way on earth I'd buy the one with just the magnet. I've never seen video of Twister, but if it's anything like what's on LiS, that's awesome.

Twister has the same effect, but it is only a 3 ball MB.

#609 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Frax said:After seeing vid of the spinning magnet on Lost In Space, there's no way on earth I'd buy the one with just the magnet. I've never seen video of Twister, but if it's anything like what's on LiS, that's awesome.

From what I could tell on the videos, the 4th ball in LIS comes from a kickout hole or something on the left side, so not really too much difference there.

#610 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Frax said:After seeing vid of the spinning magnet on Lost In Space, there's no way on earth I'd buy the one with just the magnet. I've never seen video of Twister, but if it's anything like what's on LiS, that's awesome.

I think I've seen a YouTube vid with 4 ball multiball on Twister. Wonder if there was a way to gain the extra one?

#611 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

RobT said:markmon said:This thread totally amazes me. Stern has announced nothing. There's no guarantee that they are even releasing a new pin. Who knows. Yet everyone is convinced that someone "in the know" has "leaked" the inside info. No one has seen anything. No art, no playfield, nothing. And yet people are lining up to buy it? Debating over who is doing the code? Talking about translights? Wtf?
Are you serious?
Come on Mark, open your eyes! Let the information that is out their flow in!
What say you?!
Why the hell would I bet? I didn't say "I know it's not xmen". I pointed out that nothing has been announced yet everyone is talking about the translites as if we have confirmations and pictures. Rumors may be true or they may not be. That's nothing to bet on or against (which was the whole point of my post). It's one thing to talk about rumors. It's quite something else to be taking preorders, talking about software folks, etc when nothing has been announced yet. That's all.

Dude, everyone is talking about translites because we basically *do* have confirmation that it will be X-Men. What we don't have is pictures. The rumors *are* true, and that is the point! And it most certainly is not to early to be talking pre-orders. I can even tell you pricing!

#612 11 years ago

I know it's impossible to know for sure but what is the consensus from those in-the-know....will we have pictures this week or the week of June 4th?

#613 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

I know it's impossible to know for sure but what is the consensus from those in-the-know....will we have pictures this week or the week of June 4th?

I said it before. Never count on dates for pictures to be released. They never stick to them.

#614 11 years ago

What are the differences between the two LE's??

#615 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What are the differences between the two LE's??

Translight, Trim Color, Cabinet Art. Don't know if the side rails will be laser cut or not like AC/DC.

#616 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, everyone is talking about translites because we basically *do* have confirmation that it will be X-Men. What we don't have is pictures. The rumors *are* true, and that is the point! And it most certainly is not to early to be talking pre-orders. I can even tell you pricing!

You've received pricing from a distributer already? Did they give you a target release date? Thanks.

#617 11 years ago

I would expect 2-2.5months for the le. Mnpinball already said they are running le's first. I put my deposit in with gap yesterday on villains.

#618 11 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I would expect 2-2.5months for the le. Mnpinball already said they are running le's first. I put my deposit in with gap yesterday on villains.

So, for those putting deposits down, what is the price??!!

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

This is very helpful and answers a lot of question. I didn't realize pre-orders were going out. Did they tell you the color patterns of the various additions by chance? Thanks.

#620 11 years ago

Well it was not supposed to be public but it is now....that was the first thing he said.

#621 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

idtattoo said:I would expect 2-2.5months for the le. Mnpinball already said they are running le's first. I put my deposit in with gap yesterday on villains.

No "official" word yet on price but contact your Dist as he would be your best informative answer.
Best answer is a few $100 under AC/DC LE. Preorder price on a first Dist order is your best price.

My deposit is in the mail for mine.

#622 11 years ago

Just to set the record straight, I do not have any official pricing from Stern.

#623 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Shapeshifter said:idtattoo said:I would expect 2-2.5months for the le. Mnpinball already said they are running le's first. I put my deposit in with gap yesterday on villains.
No "official" word yet on price but contact your Dist as he would be your best informative answer.
Best answer is a few $100 under AC/DC LE. Preorder price on a first Dist order is your best price.
My deposit is in the mail for mine.

+1!

#624 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just to set the record straight, I do not have any official pricing from Stern.

Out of curiosity....when they finally DO release pics, are they likely to tell the distributors what the pricing is on the same day?

Not sure how it has worked in the past. I've never been itching to get a NIB at this point in the process before.

Pete

#625 11 years ago

Any updates on back glasses in and set date for photo shoot.

#626 11 years ago

Nothing but the standard weekend message still on stern facebook.

#627 11 years ago

Where do things get posted, anyhow? Do they show up on Stern's Facebook page first, or should I be refreshing PinballNews.com once every five minutes? =)

Pete

#628 11 years ago

keep checking this thread, it will have the latest news once its on pinballnews or stern's facebook

#629 11 years ago

It won't be until next week.

#630 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

really? do you know this from a good source? oh well another week to wait. Good things come to those that wait this game is going to kick ass!

#631 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

gambit3113 said:

really? do you know this from a good source? oh well another week to wait. Good things come to those that wait this game is going to kick ass!

Pretty good source. I probably got the same email.

#632 11 years ago

Gives me more time to sell off some pins.

#633 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Gives me more time to sell off some pins.

You have 4 weeks but you better get your deposit in sooner to lock in. LE's are first on the line.
You snooze you lose (hype) gotta love it

#634 11 years ago

I can't wait until we start to discuss what the abbreviation should be. XM, or if we should just go for the gusto and use all four letters (XMen).

I vote 'XMN', because it is the most obnoxious.

Pete

#635 11 years ago

XM would work for me.

Quoted from mnpinball:

You have 4 weeks [] but you better get your deposit in sooner to lock in. LE's are first on the line.
You snooze you lose (hype) gotta love it []

Trying to get the old lady to let me do it. I have several potential buyers in the lower 48 but not up here. Problem is she doesn't have a job lined up in KS yet so she is understandably nervous.

#636 11 years ago

I vote for XMN only because I hate XM radio/pricing/management/sales/customer service so badly.

Did I cover all the bases?

#637 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You have 4 weeks but you better get your deposit in sooner to lock in. LE's are first on the line.

I hope this was a joke

#638 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

mnpinball said:You have 4 weeks but you better get your deposit in sooner to lock in. LE's are first on the line.
I hope this was a joke

Nope that's what I heard as well.... Well LE's first

#639 11 years ago

I heard the same

#640 11 years ago

I think we should get this thread to 1K posts before we see X-men pix! now that is doing something constructive : P

#641 11 years ago

I am stoked to see the pics. Very Stoked

#642 11 years ago

How many LEs will be made?

#643 11 years ago

Here is some over thinking for you: my money is on the bad guy/Magneto LE being produced before the good guy/Wolverine LE, as almost everyone is going to opt for Wolverine, absent some incentive to go Magneto.

#644 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

How many LEs will be made?

I have heard 300 of each.

#645 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I have heard 300 of each.

So we already have more posts than there will be LEs!

#646 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Here is some over thinking for you: my money is on the bad guy/Magneto LE being produced before the good guy/Wolverine LE, as almost everyone is going to opt for Wolverine, absent some incentive to go Magneto.

Unless the good guy LE is decked out in yellow trim, then the red bad guys LE would be far more appealing (in my mind's eye)

#647 11 years ago

Surley they will not go yellow for the good guy trim. Surley. Would be nice if they could release the trim colors though.

#648 11 years ago

They call me Mellow Yellow.

#649 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

They call me Mellow Yellow.

Man, I hope your kidding and that isn't an inside information leak. I'd be majorly disappointed / horrified if the good guy trim is yellow. That would make me join the brotherhood, so to speak.

#650 11 years ago

Here's hoping BLUE is for the good guys. Yellow....I just don't know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.