(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 251.
#6051 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Been getting Brotherhood & Hellfire a bunch, too...if you think about it and aim for those targets, it's not too tough to get them qualified.

John Borg already stated that the qualification for these things will be changed in v1.3. So I am satisfied.

#6052 11 years ago

Greg you dont like the voices but yet it has not been mentioned that the actor says remy lebeau wrong.

#6053 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

John Borg already stated that the qualification for these things will be changed in v1.3. So I am satisfied.

So will you still cry if you can't finish them?

#6054 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Greg you dont like the voices but yet it has not been mentioned that the actor says remy lebeau wrong.

Oh yeah!? I was watching a Dark Knight documentary and all the comic book guys pronounce Ra's Al Ghul differently than the movies....I guess they f'd up in the movies!?

#6055 11 years ago

It is supposed to be pronounced la BOW not la bew

#6056 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It is supposed to be pronounced la BOW not la bew

Well that's it... FS: X-MEN LE Magneto! $100!!!

#6057 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's it... FS: X-MEN LE Magneto! $100!!!

LOL it does kinda suck because shit marvel did it wtf marvel. Did you ever get a answer on the rerecord of the office people that are beast and storm?

#6058 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So will you still cry if you can't finish them?

I've never complained about any of this stuff being too hard to complete. I only didn't see the point in making them so hard to *start*.

#6059 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've never complained about any of this stuff being too hard to complete. I only didn't see the point in making them so hard to *start*.

Semantics. You're crying about being to LAZY to AIM for standup targets. Ever since you started to cry about this, I've started BH and HF more than ever...why? Cuz I AIMED for the targets, hit them, then started the modes. OMG!!!

#6060 11 years ago

Guys I enjoy reading both your posts most of the time. Here you both disagree and that is okay. Please let it go and lets continue discussing other aspects of this cool pin.

#6061 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Guys I enjoy reading both your posts most of the time. Here you both disagree and that is okay. Please let it go and lets continue discussing other aspects of this cool pin.

Hmmm....OK..hmm...it's super fun and I dig it! I dunno what else to say right now. La la la.

#6062 11 years ago

My mini Wolverine bust came today.
Here's a bad pic showing them side by side. With the base, the bust is almost as tall as the current figure. If he were sliced down and placed on a custom bracket, he would be substantially smaller.

Next step is to see how difficult it might be to create an RTV mold of this figure and try casting one in a hard rubber material. Might be too much work, but it could be fun nonetheless.

WV.JPGWV.JPG

#6063 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Here's a bad pic showing them side by side. With the base, the bust is almost as tall as the current figure. If he were sliced down and placed on a custom bracket, he would be substantially smaller.
Next step is to see how difficult it might be to create an RTV mold of this figure and try casting one in a hard rubber material. Might be too much work, but it could be fun nonetheless.

Is it porcelain?

#6064 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is it porcelain?

Resin. It would not last long as it is unless it was mounted high up on a custom base that was designed to take the impact. The claws are surprisingly flexible though.

I was thinking that, if I did make a custom base, it could be designed to accept a flipper rubber. That would absorb much of the impact and the figure isn't really exposed to a ton of danger from airballs where he currently sits.

But, before I do any of that, I want to take a RTV casting of the figure.

#6065 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Very nice. The headsculpt and paint application on that bust look superior to what's on the game now. I know these figures aren't supposed to be in scale, but Wolverine is like 5'3", so having a smaller Wolverine Mod would not only solve some of the gameplay concerns, but would appear to make the characters more in scale. Pretty cool. I hope somebody can come up with a nice Wolverine figure mod for this awesome game. Thanks for sharing.

#6066 11 years ago

I think in our DREAM world it still effects the PRo as well and Stern decides to re do the piece and sends us or at least sells us the newer one. A man can dream...

#6067 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think in our DREAM world it still effects the PRo as well and Stern decides to re do the piece and sends us or at least sells us the newer one. A man can dream...

There is NOTHING wrong with Wolverine!! And there is a reason none of those other Wolverine figures look good on the game. They look more like they are based on a movie and not cartoon-ish like they should be.

#6068 11 years ago

Send it to Brock. Stock Logan looks like poo poo. I can say this i have been reading XMEN since 1983

#6069 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Send it to Brock. Stock Logan looks like poo poo. I can say this i have been reading XMEN since 1983

Seeing him tomorrow. Maybe he can impart some wisdom

Quoted from eggbert52:

There is NOTHING wrong with Wolverine!! And there is a reason none of those other Wolverine figures look good on the game. They look more like they are based on a movie and not cartoon-ish like they should be.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the current Wolverine... aside from the fact that he had to have his arm sliced off to prevent hang-ups, he had to be swerved left to avoid the moving ramp (blocking Beast in the process), and he's about two sizes too big.
But aside from all that, I'll likely still keep him since I prefer a stock look, but it won't prevent me from messing around with an alternate option.

If the two figures matched the game's artwork a bit more and didn't look like they were rubbed in baby oil, I might not mind so much.

Someone here on Pinside had all their MB figures custom airbrushed and they look fantastic. I think, at the very least, these figures could do with a paint job.

#6070 11 years ago

does anyone know if version 1.3 will be out by launch date .. and if they are redoing beast voice or at the very least improving his dialogue . .. i think the mode needs a little more excitement . the pops and the glass bouncing around is cool ,, but needs a bit more i reckon ..

#6071 11 years ago

I got eggberted lol I guess me reading xmen for 30 years does not qualify me to say it looks like poo.

#6072 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

does anyone know if version 1.3 will be out by launch date .. and if they are redoing beast voice or at the very least improving his dialogue . .. i think the mode needs a little more excitement . the pops and the glass bouncing around is cool ,, but needs a bit more i reckon ..

Beast's voice is a joke (along with Storm and Toad). I just hope the joke isn't on the buyer and they get them fixed (aka rerecorded).

#6073 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Beast's voice is a joke (along with Storm and Toad). I just hope the joke isn't on the buyer and they get them fixed (aka rerecorded).

In the videos posted, I have never heard that quote "You think you got what it takes to be an Xman?" Guess that was a temp quote. Whether Wolverine is Steve Blum or not, it sounds fine to me. Gruff and mean. Point being, they will probably fix the temp voices if there are any others.

#6074 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I got eggberted

LOL

I think that term might stick!

#6075 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

In the videos posted, I have never heard that quote "You think you got what it takes to be an Xman?" Guess that was a temp quote. Whether Wolverine is Steve Blum or not, it sounds fine to me. Gruff and mean. Point being, they will probably fix the temp voices if there are any others.

The bad ones really stand out because the good ones are pretty good! There's more good than bad, that's for sure!

My Favorites: Wolverine, Sabertooth, Shadow King, Juggernaut, Sentinels, Omega Red, Nightcrawler, Gambit, The Blob, Rogue, Iceman...ya know I'll even throw Magneto in there. He's grown on me, and since he's not a non stop blabbermouth like in 1.1, he's cool now IMO.

Decent: Cyclops (a bit fem), Toad (didn't know he was Australian but OK...a bit blown out and shrill like Storm though), Jean, Prof. X, Raven Darkholme, the Hellfire Club voices (they just sound like Wolverine and a pissed off Jean)

Bad: Storm (although I'm willing to give her a chance if they adjust her volume levels a bit...I think part of her badness is the pure loud shrillness of it all)

Gaddamn Unacceptable: BEAST! F you, you non-acting MF'r who "performed" this voice...

#6076 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gaddamn Unacceptable: BEAST! F you, you non-acting MF'r who "performed" this voice...

I think this is where I need to step in and mention once again how much I enjoy BEAST! Gotta give some balance.

#6077 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The bad ones really stand out because the good ones are pretty good! There's more good than bad, that's for sure!
My Favorites: Wolverine, Sabertooth, Shadow King, Juggernaut, Sentinels, Omega Red, Nightcrawler, Gambit, The Blob, Rogue, Iceman...ya know I'll even throw Magneto in there. He's grown on me, and since he's not a non stop blabbermouth like in 1.1, he's cool now IMO.
Decent: Cyclops (a bit fem), Toad (didn't know he was Australian but OK...a bit blown out and shrill like Storm though), Jean, Prof. X, Raven Darkholme, the Hellfire Club voices (they just sound like Wolverine and a pissed off Jean)
Bad: Storm (although I'm willing to give her a chance if they adjust her volume levels a bit...I think part of her badness is the pure loud shrillness of it all)

lol.. thats exactly what we all want to say .. paid actors should be better than that i agree ..

#6078 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think this is where I need to step in and mention once again how much I enjoy BEAST! Gotta give some balance.

Rent some Paris Hilton movies...you'll come back and tell us she deserves an Oscar.

#6079 11 years ago

Beast is supposed to be funny, and it is IMO!

#6080 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rent some Paris Hilton movies...you'll come back and tell us she deserves an Oscar.

No, I know what she needs/deserves.

#6081 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gaddamn Unacceptable: BEAST! F you, you non-acting MF'r who "performed" this voice... []

Wow.... Go easy on Waisen. He's a programmer not a voice actor.

But yes, hopefully they will change the voice because as it stands now it is no good.

Quoted from RobT:

No, I know what she needs/deserves. []

ROFL

#6082 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Beast is supposed to be funny, and it is IMO!

It would be if it was read by an ACTOR in CHARACTER...not just some dude reading off a script with no emotion or timing.

Wolverine is funny sometimes (I'm trying not to turn you bozos into hamburger!), cuz he's peformed by a good actor! Iceman is funny...cuz again, real actor in character.

If you think the Beast voice & delivery belongs with the rest....well... then I'm just really perplexed by how your ears process the information of the world around you.

#6083 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Wow.... Go easy on Waisen. He's a programmer not a voice actor.
But yes, hopefully they will change the voice because as it stands now it is no good.

Do we know it's him, for sure?

#6084 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do we know it's him, for sure?

Voice recognition software is 78% sure its him. limited for sure waison speech out there. Just whats in TF and Xmen making of videos.

#6085 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you think the Beast voice & delivery belongs with the rest....well... then I'm just really perplexed by how your ears process the information of the world around you.

Like I said before, I completely agree that it stands out like a sore thumb.......but that is actually one of the reasons that I like it.

#6086 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Voice recognition software is 78% sure its him.

Wow, you creep lol

What would Waisonbeast say about that!??!

OH. MY. STARS. AND. GARTERS.

#6087 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like I said before, I completely agree that it stands out like a sore thumb.......but that is actually one of the reasons that I like it.

You're so f'ing weird.

#6088 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're so f'ing weird.

LOL

Can't argue with that!

#6089 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, you creep lol

what what what i had the software i pulled a sound byte jeebus its not like i have his whole life....from (Queens NY) on record.

#6090 11 years ago

Hello everyone, I found this forum when doing some searching on the x men stern pinball machine, I currently do not own any pinball machines but am thinking about making this my first one to add to my xmen collection and to have fun playing pinball. I was wondering what everyone thought of the pro vs LE edition and if I wanted to buy one of the versions where is the best place to buy one. I live in the Detroit area but I am assuming these are typically bought online. Thanks everyone for all your information.

#6091 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

LOL
I think that term might stick!

My Grandpappy always told me..."Any press...is good press!"

He also told me to never walk around naked in a Bally's Total Fitness men's locker room.

#6092 11 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Hello everyone, I found this forum when doing some searching on the x men stern pinball machine, I currently do not own any pinball machines but am thinking about making this my first one to add to my xmen collection and to have fun playing pinball. I was wondering what everyone thought of the pro vs LE edition and if I wanted to buy one of the versions where is the best place to buy one. I live in the Detroit area but I am assuming these are typically bought online. Thanks everyone for all your information.

There is a thread specifically on the pro vs le versions.

#6094 11 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Welcome to pinside Fsdre, your best bet is to have Navl deliver http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-xmen-wolverine-12/page/2#post-366465 smassa X-MEN LE to you. This it the best deal you will find saving you $800_$1000. Also #12 out of 300 made is nice. All the others want 7300+ and shipping on top of that so you might as well save $$

#6095 11 years ago

Thanks for the information and the link to the threads, are there any particular online reltailers that most people use? Just curious, thanks again for the info

#6096 11 years ago

Well you missed the pre order price bus by 7 weeks so Im not sure. I used JJ from http://gameexchange.biz/. Great guy, he is on this site known as Gexchange. Good luck, it is a great pin to play and feels good to own.

#6097 11 years ago

Does Xmen come with a keyfob and much in the goodie bag?

#6098 11 years ago

Yes the mini comic, Its more fun finding your own keychain though

goodiebag.jpggoodiebag.jpg

#6099 11 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Check out this thread and other sites for pics of the Pro and the two LEs. I might suggest that if this is your first pin and you are buying it because you are an x-men fan, you might want to consider the Pro. It should be an excellent pin minus a few extras that pinheads feel are must haves in the LE version (including me).

The price will be SIGNIFICANTLY less. The artwork is more inclusive of good and bad mutants. The best in my opinion.

There are several well regarded distributors that many here will recommend.

Trent Augenstein
Micheal Pupo
Gexchange here on Pinside

All have good reps and there are others. PM me and I will forward you one of the great prices I found on the Pro.

If you want an LE, Wolverine seems to be going for several hundred dollars less than the Magneto.

#6100 11 years ago

BEAST shall sound more Beastly lol thats the good word.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.