(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 251.
#6001 11 years ago

Couple figure mods...Hopefully some day I will find a pen laser head that fits in Cyclops.

Cable looks as though he is hiding from Magneto and will be stalking Beast once Beast is set.

2012-08-14_14-14-41_36.jpg2012-08-14_14-14-41_36.jpg 2012-08-14_15-29-22_465.jpg2012-08-14_15-29-22_465.jpg

#6002 11 years ago

Goddamn I don't like that Magneto figure need to find a replacement before my Xmen arrives.

#6003 11 years ago

also thought i'd add that some people have had balls trapped under wolvie's arm , mine from factory has so much room under that arm there's no way a ball could get trapped .. and not just because its cut away underneath but it looks like its set up higher ..

#6004 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

also thought i'd add that some people have had balls trapped under wolvie's arm , mine from factory has so much room under that arm there's no way a ball could get trapped .. and not just because its cut away underneath but it looks like its set up higher ..

That's what I've been trying to say.

#6005 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Mine is setup witht he Wolv high so no ball hangups but I did have a iceramp hicup. Might want to check to see if Iceramp hits Wolvs claw making the iceramp stop short causing ball to hit left ramp bracket when ball rolls off of iceramp into ramp.

#6006 11 years ago

I'm putting up a poll to solve this once and for all.

#6007 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

are they yours .. they look cool .. thanks very much ..

Bumped the thread back to the top for those that are interested.

#6008 11 years ago

yeah my claw just touches the ramp .. do i just twist wolvie on that thing or do i have to take him off .. is this hard to take off i have to ? ..
and everyone needs to put jackals custom cards on ,they are much better than whats on there.

#6009 11 years ago

Ow, that hurts my eyes.

Okay Rob,
I didn't want to be responsible for any permanent damage to your retinas.
Here's the blue. The paint works great and dried in minutes. Just pick up 9' of cheap dark blue 3/4" T-molding and some KRYLON Fusion for plastics - Patriot Blue.

I like this much better and will just set aside the stock chrome in case I ever change my mind.

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG

#6012 11 years ago

Bravo Drano

Think this is proof if a pin has powder coated trim that the backbox being matched adds to the visual cohesion, powder coated trim with standard chrome t molding never looks right.

#6013 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Goddamn I don't like that Magneto figure need to find a replacement before my Xmen arrives.

Why? It looks great, IMO!

#6014 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Okay Rob,
Here's the blue. The paint works great and dried in minutes. Just pick up 9' of cheap dark blue 3/4" T-molding and some KRYLON Fusion for plastics - Patriot Blue.

I like this much better and will just set aside the stock chrome in case I ever change my mind.

Much better on the retinas and looks nice!

#6015 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bravo Drano
Think this is proof if a pin has powder coated trim that the backbox being matched adds to the visual cohesion, powder coated trim with standard chrome t molding never looks right.

I agree, but I can also see why they don't do this.
It's like this stuff all comes from the same place and only 5-6 colors are available worldwide. Trust me, I tried to find a perfect match and it does not exist. If Stern wanted to match the T-Molding they'd probably have to place a custom order for thousands of feet in their desired colors.
The paint trick works nicely and it actually feels bonded to the PVC, but I can't see Stern ging to those lengths. It'll do for the home hobbyist though. I'd probably never powdercoat a game, but since this one already comes this way, I'm happy with the result

#6016 11 years ago

Yes! My Wolverine LE has finally arrived. #181 to go with my copy of Incredible Hulk #181 (Wolverine's first full appearance). Sweeet!

Now I have to find room to set it up....GEEZ...could be boxed up for weeks!

download.jpegdownload.jpeg

#6017 11 years ago

^ That post is a palindromic post. #5995.

#6018 11 years ago

WoW! Was that a special request getting that number? Congrats!!! Hope all is well with it.

#6019 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Yes! My Wolverine LE has finally arrived. #181 to go with my copy of Incredible Hulk #181 (Wolverine's first full appearance). Sweeet!
Now I have to find room to set it up....GEEZ...could be boxed up for weeks!

Nice I was wondering who was gonna get that #, Congrats

#6020 11 years ago

#6021 11 years ago

6000!

#6022 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah...I guess you're right!

Quoted from Naf:

WoW! Was that a special request getting that number? Congrats!!! I just read my #43 Wolverine comic on my #43...Though #181 wans't the first appearance but first cover appearance. Wolverine showed up inside of Hulk #180. But #181 is valued the most!

Ya....I specifically asked for #181. I realize #180 is technically the first ever appearance of Wolverine, but since he only shows up on last page, I still consider #181, his second ever appearance and first full appearance, to be much cooler. Plus, issue #181 just reeks of awesomeness! I love the cover to it.

#6023 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Much better on the retinas and looks nice!

I still think the chrome looks better

#6024 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I do too.

But the blue does, indeed, look nice!

#6025 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

Yeah...I guess you're right!

Ya....I specifically asked for #181. I realize #180 is technically the first ever appearance of Wolverine, but since he only shows up on last page, I still consider #181, his second ever appearance and first full appearance, to be much cooler. Plus, issue #181 just reeks of awesomeness! I love the cover to it.

#181 is the one to have! Nice score!

#6026 11 years ago

for those interested ..

Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_181.jpgIncredible_Hulk_Vol_1_181.jpg

#6027 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

for those interested ..

I clicked on the picture but no comic book...is this a joke?

#6028 11 years ago

works for me .. just read all of it ..

#6029 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I thought about it. Even had two separate shopping carts from PDI and PBL all ready to go. Then, at the last minute before pulling the trigger on a $800+ purchase, I thought hell, the blue trim is part of what makes this pin unique. Besides, with all the issues Stern was having with that chrome trim, I just decided to try the under $20 solution first and see what it felt like.
Maybe if I had a SM to move the blue onto I could justify it, but the blue T-molding works just fine for me.

#6030 11 years ago

I agree. Chrome trim on an already powder costed machine doesn't make good sense. I like your blue addition. But that blue also looks great on your tron pro...

#6031 11 years ago

^ #6009. Vertical palindrome this time.

#6032 11 years ago

for those interested
A palindrome is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of units that may be read the same way in either direction, with general allowances for adjustments to punctuation and word dividers

#6033 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I thought about it. Even had two separate shopping carts from PDI and PBL all ready to go. Then, at the last minute before pulling the trigger on a $800+ purchase, I thought hell, the blue trim is part of what makes this pin unique. Besides, with all the issues Stern was having with that chrome trim, I just decided to try the under $20 solution first and see what it felt like.
Maybe if I had a SM to move the blue onto I could justify it, but the blue T-molding works just fine for me.

Hell no Drano, save that $800 or if you must spend it give it to me
The blue t molding looks great man I just looked again at your pic before and after and the blue makes the pin feel complete where as the chrome t molding looks out of place, plus I bet it sets your LE apart from all your other pins now, great mod IMO. Anyone with a magneto should do the same whip the chrome off and put red t molding on.

Out of interest Drano what colours are avaliable I know you said there is only like 6 colours avaliable, really? 6 colours of t molding in the world?

#6034 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of interest Drano what colours are avaliable I know you said there is only like 6 colours avaliable, really? 6 colours of t molding in the world?

LOL!
Well, not sure if there are only 6, but it sure felt that way. Every place stocked the same stuff and only two tones of blue. One is too dark and almost purple (that's what I used to paint over) and a light blue. But, the Krylon paint I referenced is a perfect match.

For any Magneto owners, this "blood red" might be a good match?
http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=219

#6035 11 years ago

i fell like i'm seeing too much ,, so i set the brotherhood multi ball and few others on hard .. i feel like default is a little too easy ,, seems only 2 shots to each character seems to start them ..

#6036 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

OK well compared to $800 - I like the blue...

#6037 11 years ago

Okay Rob,

Looks very nice

I actually modded my Simpsons (Sold now)
Cut out the speaker holes to look like a Bally-Williams
Hand painted Bart and Lisa on the speaker grill.
etc

DSC01972.JPGDSC01972.JPG

#6038 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

etc

You hand painted those? That looks amazing.

#6039 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Looks very nice
etc

holy frig ,, that is amazing .. now that looks like the simpsons colours

#6040 11 years ago

Got Danger Room finally last night. Had to start Iceman mode 3 or 4 times between the ramp not staying put and just draining trying to set up the shot. I'm convinced there is a code problem at times with the ramp, and it will be fixed in an update, as I can't find or think of anything that could be wrong to cause the ramp to behave so strangely sometimes.

Danger Room is sweet though, completed every shot twice except for Storm. Had two balls out while going for it and both drained on me at the same time.

#6041 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

i fell like i'm seeing too much ,, so i set the brotherhood multi ball and few others on hard .. i feel like default is a little too easy ,, seems only 2 shots to each character seems to start them ..

I don't think setting Brotherhood to hard makes it tougher to start...just more hits to the characters while IN the multiball.

I think it takes ten target hits to qualify the mode regardless of difficulty...

#6042 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

etc

Wow, that's really hot! I thought about painting/stenciling an Autobot & Decepticon symbol on the speaker grilles when I had my TFLE, but never got around to it.

Now I'm thinking...an "X" symbol kinda like the one in the middle of the playfield would look sweet on X-Men's speaker grilles.

#6043 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Looks very nice

WOW!!!! The yellow trim is PERFECT on TSPP!!!

#6044 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Some people are easily amused...
Here's one for you, racecar.

#6045 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now I'm thinking...an "X" symbol kinda like the one in the middle of the playfield would look sweet on X-Men's speaker grilles.

That's a frickin' great idea! Somebody should make this and sell it.

#6046 11 years ago

This game is amazing and just gets better. Once I learned to just let the ball land, I became a much better player. 38 million tonight on the 3 ball setting. For example, when it comes out of the drop hole next to Wolverine...I simply let it hit my left flipper and get a controlled ball with the right flipper. I know this is obvious for many but if not, this is a great thing to do!

In 20 years, many will want to restore this game so buy the freaking LE now.

#6047 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

This game is amazing and just gets better. Once I learned to just let the ball land, I became a much better player. 38 million tonight on the 3 ball setting. For example, when it comes out of the drop hole next to Wolverine...I simply let it hit my left flipper and get a controlled ball with the right flipper. I know this is obvious for many but if not, this is a great thing to do!
In 20 years, many will want to restore this game so buy the freaking LE now.

About 1 in 10 times, my kick out will hit the left sling shot rubber - low enough that it wont sling shot around, but it's enough that if my left flipper is down, it ricochets down the middle. I cannot reliably let it flipper bounce. I can left flipper catch it every time though.

#6048 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

About 1 in 10 times, my kick out will hit the left sling shot rubber - low enough that it wont sling shot around, but it's enough that if my left flipper is down, it ricochets down the middle. I cannot reliably let it flipper bounce. I can left flipper catch it every time though.

Mine does this, too. It hits the sling too often and drains STDM if I'm trying to let it bounce.

On the previous code, it worked all the time...but now that they've toned it down, it is too dangerous to try (for me).

#6049 11 years ago

Thanks Guy's
It took around 2 days to complete it, Painted the Speaker grill, the clear coated over top.
Had a Mate who routed the backbox speaker out how I wanted it to look.
Painted the routed sides in yellow and repainted the rest of the DMD panel in Satin Black.
Then added Yellow T Molding.
Looked Fantastic I must admin, But sold it and Purchased the Spiderman.
Always the same, when something gets finished its moved on

Was thinking to do the speaker grill for Spiderman one day.
As I have not decided what Image to do.
Too many other things to do these days

#6050 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yeah, I've been doing the same thing! Letting it bounce to the other flipper is a great move on this game and sets you up for good shots. I jammed on the game a bunch last nite after not having time to play for a few days...man, just really really enjoying what it has to offer (aside from Storm and Beast's loud and annoying voices). I finally beat Sabertooth by combo-ing the crap out of that mode...and finally beat Shadow King, too. I like that these modes aren't giveaways...makes it really satisfying to beat them. Been getting Brotherhood & Hellfire a bunch, too...if you think about it and aim for those targets, it's not too tough to get them qualified.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.