(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 251.
#5951 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Just glue some magnets under the thing.

No room under it, except for maybe those thin fridge business card magnets? Besides, wouldn't want it magnetized constantly would you?

#5952 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

it magnetized constantly would you?

yup cause a lop sided effect to the chucking of the chromium sphere.

#5953 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Drano I'm sure i have seen that figure before and I'm sure there are others in the collection, maybe magneto? What make is the bust?

It's from Diamond Select and they have 5 figures in their "Astonishing X-Men series" magneto is not one of them.
Diamond select does however make a 7" Magneto that is not done in quite the same way... But he could be a good fit (size-wise) to replace the current figure. He also has the option of a removable helmet.

They're not very cost effective, but if you can find a good deal like I did on CL, it might be worth trying.

Here's wolverine:
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/products/marvel/minibust/minibust_mu_aston_wolverine.asp

And Magneto:
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/products/marvel/minibust/minibust_mu_magneto.asp

#5954 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

yup cause a lop sided effect to the chucking of the chromium sphere.

Not sure why you would want that when the magnet is not spinning or energized?
Guess I don't understand the point of this mod anymore haha

#5955 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Hi guys im out of town till the end of the month, can someone tell me which part # Storm is on the back board? I accidently broke mine lifting the playfield.

511-7212-32 I believe.

#5956 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

511-7212-32 I believe.

Thanks DugFreez, Ill look into it.

#5957 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

What is the final disc made from. I speculate its not metal anymore. I think the proto disc was entirely magnetized.

Quoted from J85M:

In that case can the disc plate be removed and swapped for one that could be magnetised? Still having a hard time here deciding on pro or LE, on a plus I have found an awesome wolverine replacement

My thoughts and assumptions:

Wouldn't the whole disc being magnetized actually make the balls move less? The balls would just stick on the edges of the disc. You also wouldn't get the random ball throwing action, which works because the magnet in the center pulls on the ball, re-directing it. If the whole disc were to magnetize, the ball would just stick and drop.

I think the difference in how the magnet looks in the video vs real life is because in the video Borg is placing the balls around the ball in the center. In real life the balls fall out of the lock in a line, they bounce off of each other and are dealing with more momentum than the balls in the video. The balls on the end of the line have a weaker magnetic attraction (ball to ball to ball, rather than ball to magnet), so that is why the shot of the four ball in the video looks more dramatic than the three. If the magneto lock would stagger the ball release (one every half second or so), while keeping the disc magnetized they would probably all have a chance of hitting and stiking closer to the initial middle ball. Then start spinning, things would probably be more dramatic and with the disc.

#5958 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

It's from Diamond Select and they have 5 figures in their "Astonishing X-Men series" magneto is not one of them.
Diamond select does however make a 7" Magneto that is not done inquire the same way... But he could be a good fit (size-wise) to replace the current figure. He also has the option of a removable helmet.
They're not very cost effective, but if you can find a good deal like I did on CL, it might be worth trying.
Here's wolverine:
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/products/marvel/minibust/minibust_mu_aston_wolverine.asp
And Magneto:
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/products/marvel/minibust/minibust_mu_magneto.asp

I found those magnetos on eBay earlier fairly cheap I'm sure I saw them as low as $40, they are pretty detailed & look great. There is also an ultimate magneto suit is purple so not quite accurate but the pose is sweet, could be easily repainted.

Here is the Wolverine I've found just need to workout what size/height the stock wolverine is and if this will fit, I'm looking at a PRO so don't have to worry about his claws blocking the iceman ramp which I think this bust might do due to its high left arm.
http://www.digital-toys.com/WOLVIEBANK.gif

#5959 11 years ago

Just unboxed 242/250 Magneto X-Men LE.

Amazing to look at and play. Words do not describe it if you do not own it I would get one ASAP.

#5960 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

see, I didn't know if he was liftable, without causing to much disruption. I'll have to play a well working one to really see. That arm thing sucked back. Shotting shots...arm stops ball...down the middle. Every time. Sucked bad.

Neo, you played the shittiest of the two Trent brought to PAPA. You shoulda played the other one. Probably should play one that is properly dialed in before judging anyway, as with any game.

#5961 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Thanks DugFreez, Ill look into it.

Donny, should be an easy fix as compared to everything else in the machine.

#5962 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa...........whoa.
Whoa.

Did Biliophile from the Neo-Geo boards really go to jail?

#5963 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Here is the Wolverine I've found just need to workout what size/height the stock wolverine is and if this will fit, I'm looking at a PRO so don't have to worry about his claws blocking the iceman ramp which I think this bust might do due to its high left arm.

I haven't measured the current one, but he's about 6" tall I would guess.
The only issue you might come across is that the hands/arms might be too low and the ball won't roll under... much like some of the early stock wolverine figures were doing. I did see this one during my search, and the rubberised piggy bank material was appealing... but I might just try casting a copy of the one I found first in some type of soft resin. how hard can it be?

#5964 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Donny, should be an easy fix as compared to everything else in the machine.

Yeah, I was gonna glue the other piece back for it temporary. I want to keep it mint though.

#5965 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Did Biliophile from the Neo-Geo boards really go to jail?

yeah for murdering that women and child. BillD called him out and was right. He is a member here too

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/defendant-representing-himself-in-872191.html

#5966 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

yeah for murdering that women and child. BillD called him out and was right. He is a member here too
http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/defendant-representing-himself-in-872191.html

Creepy...I think I bought something from the guy.

#5967 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Creepy...I think I bought something from the guy.

I bought lots of stuff and i felt like shit after the news broke.

#5968 11 years ago

Quoted from paul_8788:

My thoughts and assumptions:
I think the difference in how the magnet looks in the video vs real life is because in the video Borg is placing the balls around the ball in the center. In real life the balls fall out of the lock in a line, they bounce off of each other and are dealing with more momentum than the balls in the video. The balls on the end of the line have a weaker magnetic attraction (ball to ball to ball, rather than ball to magnet), so that is why the shot of the four ball in the video looks more dramatic than the three. If the magneto lock would stagger the ball release (one every half second or so), while keeping the disc magnetized they would probably all have a chance of hitting and stiking closer to the initial middle ball. Then start spinning, things would probably be more dramatic and with the disc.

The Twister game(see video) and Xmen both load the disc with it being stationary. In fact now looking at both videos next to each other...The Xmen whitewood video shows the spinning action(5:15) even more powerful than the Twister game (1:19) so it is not a matter of the balls being placed on the pad By Borg because both games start the spinning action the same way...That white wood set-up is obviously way more powerful than the final production mechanism which most likely was down graded for cost... too bad it also downgraded the effect!

#5969 11 years ago

SOmeone put a bigger magnet coil in that bitch. Dim the lights on the game room suckers lol.

No really someone who has other stern games compare coil numbers. Email powers and see what number is stronger.

#5970 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Think she is licking your moms vag ohhhhhh ahhhhh ZING!
Someone verify the platter.

Humm, i'd watch that.

#5971 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

SOmeone put a bigger magnet coil in that bitch. Dim the lights on the game room suckers lol.

Probably could just take some windings off the coil incrementally until the desired effect was reached.

#5972 11 years ago

IPDB just listed all three versions of X-Men last night. Aurcade was first to list the game, though.
5822=Pro, 5823=Magneto LE, 5824=Wolverine

Wolvie doesn't wanna play ball.

Magneto really DOES have the power!

StuckyBalls-Wolverine.jpgStuckyBalls-Wolverine.jpg StuckyBalls-Magneto.jpgStuckyBalls-Magneto.jpg

#5973 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Think she is licking your moms vag ohhhhhh ahhhhh ZING!
Someone verify the platter.

F'ing AWESOME.... He said Vag !

#5974 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is a little over 7" tall and wider than the current Wolvie so it's a no go unless you do some major modifications on it.

#5975 11 years ago

well it finally arrived , i have had only 3 games and it is awesome .. love the blue .

IMG_0801.JPGIMG_0801.JPG

#5976 11 years ago

Very nice McFly
You just have to be careful when you take the lock down bar off, as it will scratch the side rails fast.

P.S Noticed you have already printed custom cards and custom key chain

#5977 11 years ago

yeah printed them off quick smart and bought the wolverine key chain on ebay a few weeks ago .. cool little fella .. on first game nothing worked .. no coils , no flashers , not even in test mode .. but i noticed the white switch inside the door wasn't closing fully so just bent the metal on the door a bit that touches the white switch and then all works perfectly .. .. my daughter has had more games then me so far .only got it working about 20 minutes ago .. , i just love looking at it .. was a long wait .

#5978 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

well it finally arrived , i have had only 3 games and it is awesome .. love the blue .

The pin looks great in there, but the room needs more Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Did it come with 1.1 software? You should run it a couple of days before you upgrade so you can get a feel for the old and appreciate the new.

#5979 11 years ago

nah i just updated first thing before playing , because i don't want to know the older versions , just the awesome version.. oh and yeah every room needs more jennifer love hewitt

#5980 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

nah i just updated first thing before playing , because i don't want to know the older versions , just the awesome version.. oh and yeah every room needs more jennifer love hewitt

It really has a completely different feel than 1.2. I much prefer 1.2 over 1.1, but some fun could defiantly be had with 1.1.

I'm almost betting if it didn't have the multi-ball scoring bug, it would be a regular go-to on special occasions for some owners. Multi-ball before anything else was a cool novelty, but I really don't think I would have kept the game long if the game rules would have stayed that way.

I am supposed to have someone lined up to send me 1.0. I'm really hoping they at least got it dumped before upgrading. Even though these games have early software that is usually better left forgotten....I like the idea of saving it for posterities sake. I have 14 versions of the Spider-Man software and really enjoyed looking back and playing the older versions when I got my game.

#5981 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Very nice McFly
You just have to be careful when you take the lock down bar off, as it will scratch the side rails fast.
P.S Noticed you have already printed custom cards and custom key chain

Cards look familiar.

#5982 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Cards look familiar.

I'm betting you will be seeing a lot of those familiar cards for years to come.

#5983 11 years ago

Yes thanks jackal2001
I too used some of your cards

#5984 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm betting you will be seeing a lot of those familiar cards for years to come.

Heh heh, yeah I have them saved and just haven't gotten around to printing them. Good job jackal.

#5985 11 years ago

Does anyone have any cards for sale?

#5986 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Multi-ball before anything else was a cool novelty, but I really don't think I would have kept the game long if the game rules would have stayed that way.

You can still get Multiball before everything else. Just shoot Wolverine a few times....or just shoot Magneto.

That's why I'm glad they saw this logic and changed it...opening modes doesn't lock out Multiball.

#5987 11 years ago

Was wondering about MMB, 1.1 vs. 1.2. In 1.1 you would collect X-Men to battle him, I assume there was some advantage to that. In 1.2 I don't recall seeing that X-Men are getting collected for MMB any longer. Has that piece been removed?

#5988 11 years ago

Not sure I'm feelin' it.
I wanted to try a $6 mod on my Wolverine and swapped out the chrome T-molding for some yellow.
What do you guys think?
I might live with it for a couple of days and see how I feel then.

My original idea was to use blue, but finding a match was impossible. I did however find some Krylon plastic paint that bonds to PVC. I might paint up the blue that I bought and try that tomorrow.

It beats spending hundreds of $$$ on chrome armor though

XMLE_yellow.JPGXMLE_yellow.JPG

#5989 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Not sure I'm feelin' it.
I wanted to try a $6 mod on my Wolverine and swapped out the chrome T-molding for some yellow.
What do you guys think?
My original idea was to use blue, but finding a match was impossible. I did however find some Krylon plastic paint that bonds to PVC. I might paint up the blue that I bought and try that tomorrow.

Not feeling it one bit, not ooooonnnnnneeeee bit.
Would like to see a chromed out wolverine.

#5990 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Not sure I'm feelin' it.
What do you guys think?

Ow, that hurts my eyes.

#5991 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not feeling it one bit, not ooooonnnnnneeeee bit.
Would like to see a chromed out wolverine.

I know; it's a bit too much. I'll try blue next. If that doesn't work I've lost $12 in T-molding and $5 in paint.
If all else fails I might consider upgrading to all chrome, but I still like the blue comic book style of the current trim. I just wasn't crazy about the chrome head cab with the blue.

#5992 11 years ago

Hmmm...reminds me of a 1970s era Gottlieb with that yellow.

Not for me. Sorry...

#5993 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

What do you guys think?

Bad idea. It's yellow overkill.

#5994 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I agree, but it was worth a try and the 5 minutes it took
I really hope the blue looks better because I really don't want to spend all that money on chrome trim and legs... but I might just have to. I really don't care for the stock chrome head cab together with the blue.

#5995 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yeah, yikes....I like the chrome T-Molding....dunno why there seems to be ill will towards it. My favorite is the Stern black & gold T-Molding, but that only looks good on some games like LOTR, Elvis...

#5996 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I agree, but it was worth a try and the 5 minutes it took
I really hope the blue looks better because I really don't want to spend all that money on chrome trim and legs... but I might just have to. I really don't care for the stock chrome head cab together with the blue.

aarghhh ,, you better get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness from john borg the pinball god . i like it the way it is from factory ..

#5997 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Cards look familiar.

are they yours .. they look cool .. thanks very much ..

#5998 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yup. Time to put back on the chrome or hope that the painted Blue looks good because that yellow definitely does not.

(but I always enjoy pics so thanks!)

#5999 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, yikes....I like the chrome T-Molding....dunno why there seems to be ill will towards it. My favorite is the Stern black & gold T-Molding, but that only looks good on some games like LOTR, Elvis...

Looks good on IM aswell, I have been tempted to paint the line strip inside the chrome hot rod red not so sure now based on the yellow. Nice try Drano, I don't love it but I don't mind it, if the body armour was not all blue and had some yellow in the mix it might work, try photoshopping it Drano! Chrome would definitely look killer though!

#6000 11 years ago

Sometimes mods work and sometimes they don't. Ya don't know till you try though. I like the blue and chrome look myself but full chromed armor would be awesome too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.