(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 251.
#5801 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Just played 5 solid games with multi-ball and not only did my ramp not have problems but my ramp only seemed to move when it should have. I wonder if doing a few things I did (adjust coils, tests, and resetting the machine) helped.
All is working for now.

Good to hear! Believe it or not you probably had a speck of dust or your switch spring was stuck and fiddling with it sprung it loose. If it happens again, I'd probably recommend stern sending you a replacement switch.

#5802 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Man that cyclops shot is one of the shots I hit 75% of the time. I have a much harder time hitting Xavier for some reason. I can backhand cyclops easier than hit xavier. I have a theory that we all have a flipper blind spot and for whatever reason something is in it and we such at those shots.

lol, that is funny because I am like 80% on Xavier. I am sure at some point I will be hitting Cyclops no problem, but suddenly missing another shot all the time.

#5803 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree all the cabinets look good but the Pro is brighter

Nah, the Pro is defintely not as brightly colored as Magneto. From a distance the Pro looks busy and dark-ish with a lot of dark browns, reds, and oranges on it because there are a lot of characters. Both the LE's do a better job on color scheme aspect because of the focus on one character.

#5804 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

One thing that annoys me is if I nail beast and the ball is moving fast to the right flipper, I nail storm ramp, a good portion of the time the ball goes smoothly up the ramp to the upper left quick turn, binds up, and comes back down. Never happens if I pitch to the upper flipper via cyclops (ball moving slower).

This definitely happens to me as well. It's annoying all right. It ruins what would otherwise be a very satisfying combo given how fast the ball was going.

#5805 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

SPOILER ALERT VIDEOS:
I'm posting three HD vids. All with the glass off, and with no gameplay. It's just a narrated look at the Hero Modes, Villain Modes, and Dark Phoenix Wizard Mode.
First vid: All the heroes, and a tutorial on how to play them. I do screw up Prof X, because I didn't notice the Brotherhood targets flashing on the right.
» YouTube video
Brief look at the Danger Room Wizard at the end.

why why did you do that to me . i just peeked at the danger room bit .. could not help myself .. little underwhelmed ,, didn;t have much stuff in it .. maybe they still need to add stuff..

#5806 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This definitely happens to me as well. It's annoying all right. It ruins what would otherwise be a very satisfying combo given how fast the ball was going.

Yes. I have the same problem. Doesn't always happen but when it does, it sucks! I was thinking of wiping the ramp down with some novus 2, it's helped on games in the past.

#5807 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

why why did you do that to me . i just peeked at the danger room bit .. could not help myself .. little underwhelmed ,, didn;t have much stuff in it .. maybe they still need to add stuff..

qhy did you just post that he posted that then comment on that! Lol. I was avoiding his spoiler. Shit, now I just spoiled it for the next person. Stern has to entirely revamp the wizard modes now. Thanks a lot

#5808 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I added a 1/4" to the front right post to raise up the ramp cover along with a longer screw.It seems to help a little.

#5809 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

qhy did you just post that he posted that then comment on that! Lol. I was avoiding his spoiler. Shit, now I just spoiled it for the next person. Stern has to entirely revamp the wizard modes now. Thanks a lot

sorry .. i just woke up ,, wasn't thinking clearly

#5810 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

sorry .. i just woke up ,, wasn't thinking clearly

Hehe no prob. I was just messing around.

#5811 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Maybe so, but the Dark Phoenix (villain)mode is mind-blowingly awesome.

Sorry for the spoiler.

Also...you can see Kitty Pryde at the end of the iceman mode in the first vid. (third vid, too).

Pete

#5812 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

No one has even played the Pro yet...what if you end up hating it...then what? Sit tight and see what people say first.

No one except for me and anyone else who decided to play it where it is out on test right now. I reviewed it a few pages ago right as the LE code update came out. It was version 1.0, but I was surprised because when I got to play it, the LE code update was NOT out and it incorporated almost everything that everyone suggested into it. By the time I got to post on it though, the LE code was out, so no one cared that I got to play the Pro.

It's cool. But I picked up my LE literally within 30 minutes of playing the Pro and didn't regret it one bit.

#5813 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I hate the Cyclops shot. I hit it about 1 in 20 attempts. I either end up bouncing off a post on the Iceman ramp and the ball goes STDM, or I hit the right Magneto lock target and, STDM. The only way I have found to hit it using the right flipper is to bounce it off of Wolvie. Really hosing my progression right now, it is a pretty critical shot to master.
I HATE YOU CYCLOPS! YOU ONE EYED BASTARD! (I know he doesn't really have just one eye, that it is a visor, but it is my rant).
Thanks for listening, I am done now.

LOL

#5814 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Man that cyclops shot is one of the shots I hit 75% of the time. I have a much harder time hitting Xavier for some reason. I can backhand cyclops easier than hit xavier. I have a theory that we all have a flipper blind spot and for whatever reason something is in it and we such at those shots.
One thing that annoys me is if I nail beast and the ball is moving fast to the right flipper, I nail storm ramp, a good portion of the time the ball goes smoothly up the ramp to the upper left quick turn, binds up, and comes back down. Never happens if I pitch to the upper flipper via cyclops (ball moving slower).

Bingo...I can hit Cyclops, but stink at Xavier.

Getting better at it, but still stink.

#5815 11 years ago

I have gotten to the point that I can hit Beast about 40% of the time I shoot for him. I am actually thinking about trimming my Wolverine with a Dremel on the waist. There are endless possibilities of what could be used for Wolverine instead of the current toy. I kinda think that some kind of stand up target with Wolverine's face (maybe a double width?) - like the Joker on BDK, would be cooler AND more functional.

Cyclops I can hit pretty well. Xavier is the bane of my shots right now.

#5816 11 years ago

#5817 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Second Vid: Starting and completing all the Villain Modes, with narrated tutorials on how the rules work for them. Nightcrawler shows up, too. (Omega Red, Juggernaut, Shadow King, and Sabretooth are in this vid).
» YouTube video
Third Vid: The remaining Villain Modes (Sentinels, Brotherhood Multiball, Hellfire Club MB), along with the very, very, very sweet Dark Phoenix wizard mode. Seriously...watch that ending animation. Holy crap. The vid is narrated with a tutorial on how the modes are played.
» YouTube video

Thanks for taking the time to make these vids!

Really helps with the Villain modes to know where to aim instead of flailing away ...

Imagine completing all those modes with the glass on ... That'd be an epic game ...

Dave.

#5818 11 years ago

They actually started to design X-Men based on the movies, but Borg didn't like the art work.

Oops, they also talk about how you have to collect X-Men to battle Magneto.

#5819 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Imagine completing all those modes with the glass on ... That'd be an epic game ...
Dave.

I don't even think I could get there in a ten ball game.

#5820 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Cool video. Stern are really picking it up with PR like this.

Dave.

#5821 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cool video. Stern are really picking it up with PR like this.
Dave.

No kidding...love the behind the scenes look...

Wish they did this for more games.

#5822 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They actually started to design X-Men based on the movies, but Borg didn't like the art work.
Oops, they also talk about how you have to collect X-Men to battle Magneto.

Hah, yeah that's outdated already...but - you still kinda do. You still get X-Men as jackpots if you play them before Magneto Multiball.

#5823 11 years ago

Just wondering what airballs people get or where does your ball get stuck.....

My upper flipper sometimes shoots over the rouge lane and on top of the plastics.

The Xavier popout sometimes is too hard and knocks the ball off the ramp. The ball got stuck between the ramp and magnetos arm today.

The balls got stuck in the ball trough because I didn't notice that the bulb from the left slingshoot fell in there.

Also had a ball stuck behind the nightcrawler on the iceman ramp - but just had to wait till he went down.

Also need to do the post mod in front of the ramps.

#5824 11 years ago

Beast voice makes me laugh every time...but it does stick out like a sore thumb.

I'd be surprised if it were just "placeholder dialogue" from "Joe the Intern."

Have we ever seen complete dialogue pulled out and replaced with a different voice actor before??

(If not, my guess is that it will stay).

Oddly enough...I like Storm. It's pretentious and over-theatrical, but it "fits" her personality, and is instantly recognizable.

Pete

#5825 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Oddly enough...I like Storm. It's pretentious and over-theatrical, but it "fits" her personality, and is instantly recognizable.
Pete

I like Storm too, and she sounds exactly like she does in the cartoon on Netflix. Pretty over the top there too, but it's what 'm used to. My 4 year old watches the three X men series, Avengers, and all the Spidermans on there over and over and over.... so I've heard them a LOT.

I took my spinner magnet assembly completely apart today to try and find some adjustment to get it away from the left edge of the hole. I took every single screw out, there is no adjustment at all anywhere other than the four on each side of the playfield brackets it mounts to for up/down/tilt...

I gained maybe 1/32" which got it to stop grinding the edge. I guess I'll be in touch with Stern as I don't see any way at all to get it anywhere near center. I could shim something, but every single surface is up/down, so I'll lose any gain once I have to adjust it level again...

#5826 11 years ago

The white wood looked fun to flip. Damn you Gary and all your 3rd flipper noobs cant get to upper ramp bs lol. Came out better i suppose though.

xmen_white_wood.pngxmen_white_wood.png

#5827 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Little Birdie sent me a picture

Love it! I didn't think they were starting the PRO build until the 24th. Awesome!

#5828 11 years ago

interesting to see the captive ball there in the whitewood like we were told about. I think the magnet was the better way to go but that damn wolverine magnet pisses me off sometimes by taking the ball and throwing it right down the outlane.

#5829 11 years ago

This game is so addicting. My poor other pins but be hating on Wolverine when we aren't in the room. You know they are jealous.

#5830 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

interesting to see the captive ball there in the whitewood like we were told about.

I don't think that it is the motorized IJ4 version that was discussed though, it looks static.

#5831 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sorry I don't agree. Moving before or after a mode is one thing. It shouldn't move in the middle of a made ramp shot ending in a SDTM drain. That's just poor programming

+1,000,000 got my Mag last night..the ramp movement freakin suck...

Drops the ball on the left sling, over the left flipper, or straight down the middle alot...

everything else seems great but the ramp! Ughhhh....

#5832 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

+1,000,000 got my Mag last night..the ramp movement freakin suck...
Drops the ball on the left sling, over the left flipper, or straight down the middle alot...
everything else seems great but the ramp! Ughhhh....

Gerry, I don't know why but my ramp isn't doing that anymore. It stays put now even during Magneto multi-ball. I did play with the switches underneath an little and also did all of the ramp tests and it is now fine.

Seriously, last night it just stayed either to the right or the left. There was one time when it moved during play but I literally would have had to hit the Iceman shot at the exact same time it was moving.

Just an FYI.

#5833 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Gerry, I don't know why but my ramp isn't doing that anymore. It stays put now even during Magneto multi-ball. I did play with the switches underneath an little and also did all of the ramp tests and it is now fine.
Seriously, last night it just stayed either to the right or the left. There was one time when it moved during play but I literally would have had to hit the Iceman shot at the exact same time it was moving.
Just an FYI.

I'm pretty sure that it is *not* supposed to stay in one position with the current code, at least during Sabertooth mode.

I hope that they change it on the next update.

#5834 11 years ago

You should start Sabertooth then Mags multiball.The ramp will go nuts.

During Magneto multiball the ramp should be on the left until you hit the Iceman ramp.Then it will go to the right until you hit Magneto.

#5835 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Just an FYI.

I believe in magneto mb, the first time the ramp moves left. The 2nd time the ramp stays right. On iceman it moves back and forth after each ramp hit, on wolverine MB, it moves back and forth, and on sabertooth, it moves each time you hit wolverine. Could be more.

#5836 11 years ago

IMAG0008.JPGIMAG0008.JPG

#5837 11 years ago

Mine doesn't move during Wolverine multiball.

#5838 11 years ago

I played several games today and these are a few things I would like changed.

The Hellfire and Brotherhood target shots should count in modes.
In modes like Brotherhood the DMD needs to stay on the mode display instead of going to the pop bumper display.Everytime I had a chance to look up it showed the Gambit pop display.

#5839 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I believe in magneto mb, the first time the ramp moves left. The 2nd time the ramp stays right. On iceman it moves back and forth after each ramp hit, on wolverine MB, it moves back and forth, and on sabertooth, it moves each time you hit wolverine. Could be more.

That does not happen on mine anymore. I was so used to seeing it move during Wolverine but it does not. Doesn't even move when I get Weapon X multi-ball.

#5840 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm pretty sure that it is *not* supposed to stay in one position with the current code, at least during Sabertooth mode.
I hope that they change it on the next update.

I haven't tried Sabertooth...I always seem to go for Juggernaut, Sentinels, etc. I'll try it on Sabertooth though.

I'm happy with the way it is...the ramp is fully functioning but not going nuts like before.

#5841 11 years ago

Wolverine is over to the right where he should be opening up the Beast shot. I think the Pro is gonna be sweet, doesn't seem gutted much to me like some other pros. Making a shot to hit Nightcrawler isn't bad at all, as it's feeding the other flipper setting up the next shot. Iceman mode have to get used to hitting Xavier to hit the ramp again, at least on mine I can't backhand it.

On my Magnet spinner offset issue, I decided to dremel out ~.045" in the playfield mounting bracket holes. Gave me just the right amount to center it up perfect!

Doctored the square hole underneath and the mounting holes on Wolverine like Markmon suggested, and my machine is playing sweeeeet.

Edit - I also should note, any ball that stalled on the right of Wolverine's hip before I adjusted him would go straight down the middle. Nothing to nudge it off of and I couldn't move it enough to prevent it. With him moved I no longer have any problem, it catches the right flipper enough to save.
Just need to fix the rattling from the FF speaker kit and, other than having to adjust those stupid standup targets regularly to keep Cyclops and Xavier open I don't expect any more problems.

#5842 11 years ago

#5843 11 years ago

Right-o. Yesterday, I was getting so frustrated with miss hits bouncing off the ramp posts and going down the sides (particularly down the left drain) I was about to chuck the machine off the balcony. So I decided to try something.

I took the rubber ring off the left post. Hardly earth shattering ... but boy did it make a difference. Now if you hit the post, the ball comes right back at the flippers rather than going god-knows-where (drains, magnet-->drains, magnet-->SDTM) Any failed Cyclops shots also fall down towards the flippers, rather than down the left lane. I will put a Cliffy colour sleeve on here eventually.

I also closed the outlane posts right down, and thats made a big difference too. You can shake the ball back up now, you couldn't before. Also gives you some leeway with nudging.

I hardly ever modify my games play wise .... my Ironman is exactly as it came out of the box. But something needed to be done!

Had 4 games with the above mods. Best score on totally factory 3 ball settings (the only change is to free play) is 45m. Had all the Xmen lit solid except Iceman who was flashing. Had 3 flashing Villains, almost got Juggernaut, had his helmet off but just ran out of time. Dohhh.

Dave

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG

#5844 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I have gotten to the point that I can hit Beast about 40% of the time I shoot for him. I am actually thinking about trimming my Wolverine with a Dremel on the waist. There are endless possibilities of what could be used for Wolverine instead of the current toy. I kinda think that some kind of stand up target with Wolverine's face (maybe a double width?) - like the Joker on BDK, would be cooler AND more functional.
Cyclops I can hit pretty well. Xavier is the bane of my shots right now.

why not move him like I did? I posted pictures and details on one of these threads... After doing that I have no desire to replace wolverine anymore. He's perfect

#5845 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

» YouTube video

That's awesome!

....OW! LOL

#5846 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I noticed this as well. I saw it was mentioned raising the height of the ramp cover may help. You think putting down a small strip of felt tape would pad and slow down the ball a little to prevent this? I used this trick for the upper left ramp on BF to prevent ball from going too fast and flying off the wire rails and it worked like a charm with no negative effects that I could notice.

#5847 11 years ago

The only thing that really annoys me are those two lights popping out. I've given up looking for them...they think they are in Twilight Zone and not X-Men....

#5848 11 years ago

I took the rubber ring off the left post. Hardly earth shattering ... but boy did it make a difference.
I also closed the outlane posts right down, and that's made a big difference too.

Yep, my previous best was 27M and on my 3rd game with the above adjustments- picked up a cool 43M with 3 ball, extra balls enabled. Now it really FLOWS!! Plays like it should....thanks Rotor Dave for the suggestions.

photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG

#5849 11 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Yep, my previous best was 27M and on my 3rd game with the above adjustments- picked up a cool 43M with 3 ball, extra balls enabled. Now it really FLOWS!! Plays like it should....thanks Rotor Dave for the suggestions.

Here to help

Happy to hear more feedback for the $0 RotorDave mod .... best $0 you have spent today .... possibly ...

Dave

#5850 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Right-o. Yesterday, I was getting so frustrated with miss hits bouncing off the ramp posts and going down the sides (particularly down the left drain) I was about to chuck the machine off the balcony. So I decided to try something.
I took the rubber ring off the left post. Hardly earth shattering ... but boy did it make a difference. Now if you hit the post, the ball comes right back at the flippers rather than going god-knows-where (drains, magnet-->drains, magnet-->SDTM) Any failed Cyclops shots also fall down towards the flippers, rather than down the left lane. I will put a Cliffy colour sleeve on here eventually.
I also closed the outlane posts right down, and thats made a big difference too. You can shake the ball back up now, you couldn't before. Also gives you some leeway with nudging.
I hardly ever modify my games play wise .... my Ironman is exactly as it came out of the box. But something needed to be done!
Had 4 games with the above mods. Best score on totally factory 3 ball settings (the only change is to free play) is 45m. Had all the Xmen lit solid except Iceman who was flashing. Had 3 flashing Villains, almost got Juggernaut, had his helmet off but just ran out of time. Dohhh.
Dave

Dave,

Might make sense to do this. I personally don't even see the reason for the post other than to save the life of the ramp. Are there any other rubbers that cause less action?

Why not get rid of the peg altogether and just wrap the side of the ramp with the blue cushion like SM has? I'm guessing that would make for a LOT more direct shots on the ramp and dead balls which could be just as bad.

I'll keep it like it is for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.