(Topic ID: 34932)

X-Men (xm) Xavier/Cerebro Call Out...How many characters/mutants.(50?)

By PaulCoff

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HighNoon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kitty.png
0615132059.jpg
Shadowcat.jpg
Weapon_X_Intro.jpg
Mags4.jpg
Mags3.jpg
Mags2.jpg
Mags1.jpg
x-men_jimlee_doorposter.jpg
cylops-prof-x.jpg
Old.jpg
New.jpg
phoenix.jpg
Hellfire2.jpg
Hellfire.jpg
Xavier_Mutants.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulcoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Been playing the new code and enjoying the Cerebro mutant finder w/ Xavier. Started wondering how many mutant characters did the designers put in this game?
So far I've noticed (there are more, but I'm not near the game right now and this is what I recall):
wolverine
cyclops
jean grey
storm
gambit
beast
angel
ice man
xavier
psylock
magneto
shadow king
jugernaut (is he a mutant or just xavier's brother w/ bloodstone?)
colossus
shadow cat
phoniex
domino
jubilie
north star
havok
mystigue
toad
blob
sabertooth
pyro
Rictor (or that earth shaking guy)
night crawler
omega red
.... Does anyone have the total count of how many mutants are in this game? Thanks in advance for whoever is able to add to the list. It would be cool to get a number and names to all the mutants. I believe Stern is in the right direction with the code and I'm hoping for a DeadPool mode or more hiden gems. Great layout w/ ramps.
Keep Playing Pinball Everyday!

#7 11 years ago

Has anyone spotted Deadpool in Xavier mode? This new code 1.23 sometimes block the Xavier mode from showing. Xavier mode is such a great mode. I thought I might have seen Pollaris. Can anyone cofirm more mutants?

4 months later
#17 10 years ago

When I was at Comic-Con 2012 I talked with Waison about X-Men. I remember he mentioned a number count on the total of mutants within the pinball machine. I think he said it was 37 or 47, but I forgot because I was trying to see if Warlock,Sunspot or any other New Mutants made the cut. 5221616659_d200ab8e62.jpg5221616659_d200ab8e62.jpg

#19 10 years ago

37. Mr. Sinister
I beleive he is on one of the side cabinets with villians?
38. Shadow Cat
I thought I might of seen her in an ice man segment durring the ramp movements

#21 10 years ago

I though Kitty had a thing with Colossus and Ice man had a thing for Mystique? tumblr_kuqclfk2yc1qz5y5go1_500.jpgtumblr_kuqclfk2yc1qz5y5go1_500.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Thanks Muttonboy! I'm gonna keep looking for more Mutants

#26 10 years ago

I always would get Tesse and Selena mixed up. Good find on the hellfire club. I'm gonna hunt down Lockhead tonigh or this weekend. I thought I saw that dragon somewhere. Plus, Warlock has got to be in this machine!

hellfire-club.jpghellfire-club.jpg

#29 10 years ago

Tessa is Shaw's assistant, but she kinda has a small part in things. See New Mutants 54... Great issue with a Mignola cover!

$(KGrHqFHJEoFBmqowQ+YBQlH3H(kyQ~~60_3..jpg$(KGrHqFHJEoFBmqowQ+YBQlH3H(kyQ~~60_3..jpg

#30 10 years ago

Selene on the other hand is pretty hot as the Black Queen. I believe one of her first app. was at a bar where she was trying to get with/kill Juggernaut and Wolverine showed up. Wolverine was pissed at Collosus for dumping Shadow Cat, so Wolverine becomes a catalyst to the fight between Jugs and Cols. Selene takes off. Selene also messes with Magma and Rachel Summers

Selene_Amara_&_Rachel_(UX_189).JPGSelene_Amara_&_Rachel_(UX_189).JPG

#32 10 years ago

Chris Claremont knows how to tell a story. I really enjoyed his work on the X-men. There is so much vast history in the 80's on these mutants to get addicted to. Every story Chris did had somesort of hook that would lead to a new development later on. Sadly, I believe it all started a decline after Uncanny X-men 267-275 when Homage studios (lee,portacio,williams) took over the reigns. Lee is an amazing artist, but the story line started to suffer. Chris ended up working with Excalibur, which was pretty mindblowing with Alan Davis.
I can kinda see why maybe the code suffered from all the detail the coder Waison was trying to complete before he had to move on. I still think there might have been a possiblity to put in Mojo, the Broad, Marauders, or Lady Death strike w/ the Reavers.

1 week later
#35 10 years ago

Still no luck with finding new mutants, but I was thinking that maybe the different Beasts would constitute 3 more characters due to the fact phoenix and dark phoenix get two spots on the chart? I keep thinking I have spotted Apocalypse, but I can't confirm.

#60 10 years ago

Thanks Oga83 and everyone! Here is the new list so far w/ mutants and characters....

1. Gambit
2. Beast (3 types)
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Selene
42. Apocalypse
43. Domino
44. Dazzler
45. Lockheed
46. Warpath
47. ? (anyone else)

#61 10 years ago

Spotted Mr. Sinister this evening... At first I thought it was going to be Colossus, but then it came up Mr.Sinister. Stoked on this find because I thought Sinister's only appearance was on the cabinet.

#63 10 years ago

DugFreez is there any way you can post all the faces for cerebro? ThX

#74 10 years ago

Dug,
Just spotted this post. Thanks for the time. Cool stuff. I guess next will be to find their alternate shots. That Xavier shot is one of the best shots in the game once you sand down Wolverine's left arm.

1 week later
#78 10 years ago

At first the ball would get stuck there, but after a good sand-down there are no more hang ups or blocked shots. You just got to sand down the whole Ulnar section of Wolverine's left arm and it should be good to go.

#79 10 years ago

Spotted another one last night... Marvel Girl. So I think that's the total Waison mentioned at SDCC . There are 47 characters in X-Men.

1. Gambit
2. Beast (3 types)
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Selene
42. Apocalypse
43. Domino
44. Dazzler
45. Lockheed
46. Warpath/Thunderbird?
47. Marvel Girl

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Do you remember where you saw her? I can't find her in the rom anywhere.

It's when you drain a ball and you see the bonus points added up. The original x-men show up and if you get a larger bonus the new x-men from "Giant Size"/issue 94 show up on the screen. She's on the left side of the screen next to ice man.

#87 10 years ago

Marvel Girl, Phoenix, and Dark Phoenix are all different characters of Jean Grey/(Madelyne Pryor would be a stretch)... and in some cases Rachel Summers. I believe each Marvel Girl, Phoenix and Dark Phoenix should each harbor a seperate individual spot in the role call because all three have had story impact.
Due to recent X-Men events, Scott Summers was also possessed by the Phoenix and did some bad things...(I'll let you all read the comics).

cylops-prof-x.jpgcylops-prof-x.jpg

#88 10 years ago

Why does BISHOP always get the shaft?
*It would have been cool if Stern had used this image for the sides.

x-men_jimlee_doorposter.jpgx-men_jimlee_doorposter.jpg

#90 10 years ago

yup, Meggan/Glorian... she was an Alan MOore creation, not a Claremont

#93 10 years ago

I'm enjoying this pin and look forward to the updated code... It has everything I enjoy with ramps,3 flippers, magnets, spinning disks, nightcrawler pops, moving ramp and art package. BUT I do not like how after a speedy/clean Beast shot to Storm ramp using the third flipper can cause the pinball to pop off the ramp. And having to change out the AUX board and harness was kind of a hang-up for a bit as well as the past code fixes.
Sidenote... Many people think Bryne and Lee are the pinnacle of art expression with X-men, but I believe Silvestri was a major contributor as well. Silvestri and Claremont had great flow when it came to story and art. A good example would be Uncanny X-men 218,221, and 222.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

At least they used that era of art generally. I certainly like that version of Angel better . . . I wish they would change him back to it. 90's and early 00's Angel was a bad MF'er with his bladed wings from Apocalypse.

Agree... Portacio did an oustanding job on Archangel as well as Iceman when it came to expressing the chaotic nature of their powers.

#95 10 years ago

Once I get more free time with the game I might set up another post regarding all the comic artists that were used.
Expl. would be the the Wolverine on the Pro Translight. Waison told me that it was a Jim Lee drawn Wolverine, but I silently disagreed because I believed it was a Kubert image. The Wolverine LE Translight was a Jim Lee. If you look at the top corners of the playfield plastic, I believe the sentinels were drawn by Silvestri.
Granted, I know the individual artists had already drawn these images some time ago in the comics and Stern was given a collage from Marvel of past comics.

#97 10 years ago

If I was to start up a good healthy read of Uncanny X-men I would start with Giant Size X-men 1 and continue on from Uncanny X-men 94-277. I would also include the New Mutants (mostly Sienkiewicz stuff) and a light read with X-Factor (1-68). Ignore X-force. Important to get all the annuals that Arthur Adams did!
The newer/current stuff is cool, but doesn't have the same grip as the early 80's to the early 90's.

To get these issues, an adventures way would be to go to your local comic shop or comic show and do some "Comic Book Bin Diving" or if you don't mind black and white reading, "Marvel Essential" is a good way to go. Using an Ipad can destroy the exposure of a double page spread (DPS) as it was meant for the reader...nuff said.

1 week later
#118 10 years ago

Played a bunch of games last night and thanks to the "Xavier Cheat Sheat" I found some mutants. Spotted Emma, Forge and a few others. Thanks for putting that sheat together and I hope to add more to it.

I think I might have found two more characters, but I was rushed with playing.
-X23 might have been in the glass Microbiological Incubators right before Weapon X starts up? Does anyone else see that?
-The military contractors in the hallways durring Weapon X Multiball.

#123 10 years ago

New list of current mutants/characters as of 6-13-13. I'm sure there are a few more with more digging into the pin code.
1. Gambit
2. Beast (3 types)
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Selene
42. Apocalypse
43. Domino
44. Dazzler
45. Lockheed
46. Warpath/Thunderbird?
47. Marvel Girl
48. X-23
49.Soldier/Contractor(Maverick) durring Weapon X mode

#125 10 years ago

OK, I was hoping for Thunderbird, but if it says Warpath, I'll change it.
To be truthful, I haven't done a lot of research with Pinball Browser yet because I feel like it's reading the end of a book before I start the first page. I'll get to the browser in another month or so.
I definitely will be changing things up for better artistic representation (Adams, Silvestri, Leonardi, Lee, Portacio, Byrne, Bill Sienkiewicz, Kubert, Bachalo and maybe Liefeld...to name a few) once I get some free time.
1. Gambit
2. Beast (3 types)
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Phoenix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabertooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Selene
42. Apocalypse
43. Domino
44. Dazzler
45. Lockheed
46. Warpath
47. Marvel Girl
48. X-23
49.Weapon X Agent...Soldier/Contractor (during Weapon X mode)
50.Maverick/Weapon X Agent Zero (during Weapon X mode)

#141 10 years ago

GOOD STUFF! DugFreez and high noon. Once this expected code comes out then I'm sure we could have a "Meeting of the Minds" regarding other significant mutants.
* on a side note *
The other day I noticed Gambit has his own hurry up mode and I think DugFreeze mentioned in another post Deadpool was supose to be a hurry up mode. So I think the current code has a hurry up mode already, but was there going to be 2 hurry up modes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulcoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-xm-xaviercerebro-call-out-123?tu=paulcoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.