New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 34932)

X-Men (xm) Xavier/Cerebro Call Out...How many characters/mutants.(50?)

By PaulCoff

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by HighNoon
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kitty.png
0615132059.jpg
Shadowcat.jpg
Weapon_X_Intro.jpg
Mags4.jpg
Mags3.jpg
Mags2.jpg
Mags1.jpg
x-men_jimlee_doorposter.jpg
cylops-prof-x.jpg
Old.jpg
New.jpg
phoenix.jpg
Hellfire2.jpg
Hellfire.jpg
Xavier_Mutants.jpg

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Been playing the new code and enjoying the Cerebro mutant finder w/ Xavier. Started wondering how many mutant characters did the designers put in this game?
So far I've noticed (there are more, but I'm not near the game right now and this is what I recall):
wolverine
cyclops
jean grey
storm
gambit
beast
angel
ice man
xavier
psylock
magneto
shadow king
jugernaut (is he a mutant or just xavier's brother w/ bloodstone?)
colossus
shadow cat
phoniex
domino
jubilie
north star
havok
mystigue
toad
blob
sabertooth
pyro
Rictor (or that earth shaking guy)
night crawler
omega red
.... Does anyone have the total count of how many mutants are in this game? Thanks in advance for whoever is able to add to the list. It would be cool to get a number and names to all the mutants. I believe Stern is in the right direction with the code and I'm hoping for a DeadPool mode or more hiden gems. Great layout w/ ramps.
Keep Playing Pinball Everyday!

#2 7 years ago

Earth-shaking guy is Avalanche (he's the fifth dude in Brotherhood multiball).

Also forgot Rogue and the Sentinels (yeah, technically not mutants, but characters nonetheless) on your list.

Later,
EV

#3 7 years ago

Mr Sinister for sure, and I want to say I've seen forge come up

#4 7 years ago

add Thunderbird who can be found during the Xavier mode.

#5 7 years ago

Cable...Xavier mode.

#6 7 years ago

Sun Fire
Apocalypse

Xavier mode

#7 7 years ago

Has anyone spotted Deadpool in Xavier mode? This new code 1.23 sometimes block the Xavier mode from showing. Xavier mode is such a great mode. I thought I might have seen Pollaris. Can anyone cofirm more mutants?

#8 7 years ago

There are so many mutants to pick from...I think it's pretty silly that Xavier mode uses any that are in the regular game.

PS: A lot of the ones you have listed I have never seen. I really wish it would say their name or at least have it on the DMD.

4 months later
#9 7 years ago

I've been trying to confirm who all is in the game, hard to do as it flashes up so quick! They are easy to guess wrong unless you actually see their name...

Also kept repeating the same five for a while, almost stooped but finally started seeing new ones.

Here they are.

cable.jpg forge.jpg havok.jpg

#10 7 years ago

3 more

jubilee.jpg quicksilver.jpg sunfire.jpg

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

jugernaut (is he a mutant or just xavier's brother w/ bloodstone?)

not a mutant blood stone all day

#12 7 years ago

I had never noticed their names on the top of the DMD before. I know I had got Quick Silver before, but had no idea who he was.

Thanks for doing this...but help a brotha out. How about posting the locations too.

#13 7 years ago

obv cable.... i've seen mr sinister too...

#14 7 years ago

This is cool. I tend to get the same select few which are prominently featured in the game. Will have to pay more attention. Could just be that I am not up on all the different mutants.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I had never noticed their names on the top of the DMD before. I know I had got Quick Silver before, but had no idea who he was.
Thanks for doing this...but help a brotha out. How about posting the locations too.

I hadn't noticed their names either, and you only have 1.5-2 seconds to see it. I was concentrating on the lag trying to take pictures with the phone so I never saw a name then either, only noticed them when I moved them to the computer to try to ID lol.

I don't doubt there may be more than what I found, but I saw each of them many many times restarting the mode. Ended up ~150,000,000 points just from hellfire once and all Xavier completions.

I probably should have noted the shots needed. I might could remember most of them I did them over and over for more than a half hour. Not like you have time to look at a cheat sheet anyways! I didn't go into it to learn all the shots, really just wanted a final tally on all the characters in the game. I'll have to look at my list at home, but think I'm at 35 confirmed.

Other thing I took time to check was hellfire mode. I couldn't get a picture of the group of them at the begining, it flashes for 1 second tops. Group shot of the xmen heroes is longer. I was thinking the identical goons protecting shaw might have been Multiple Man, they have a similar design on the front of their shirt. But the goons are wearing masks, and Multiple Man has never been in the same place as Shaw in any lore that I can find.

I did learn a lot about Multiple Man reading up on it though, what I thought was a pretty boring and bland mutant was VERY interesting to read about! Dude did some F'd up stuff!

#16 7 years ago

I was thinking the identical goons protecting shaw might have been Multiple Man, they have a similar design on the front of their shirt.

I don't know what they call those guys. I just think of them as Hellfire goons.

After reading your post I did a little reading on James Arthur "Jamie" Madrox, also called the Multiple Man. I would have never guessed that character was created in 1975 (even before Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus). I would have guessed that he come around in the mid to late 80's. I remember him mostly from X-Factor.

787570-wolverine_vs_hellfire_goons_.jpg

#17 7 years ago

When I was at Comic-Con 2012 I talked with Waison about X-Men. I remember he mentioned a number count on the total of mutants within the pinball machine. I think he said it was 37 or 47, but I forgot because I was trying to see if Warlock,Sunspot or any other New Mutants made the cut. 5221616659_d200ab8e62.jpg

#18 7 years ago

Anyone know if the Iceman insert lights up at the beginning of the mode? I assume its showing you all possible targets. In all my plays I've never had it lit to complete the mode.

Possible targets -

1. Lower Hellfire target
2. Upper Hellfire target
3. Lower Left pop bumper
4. Upper left pop bumper
5. Beast
6. Wolverine
7. Storm
8. Rogue
9. Left Magneto stand up target
10. Right Magneto stand up target
11. Cyclops
12. Phoenix
13. Upper Brotherhood Target
14. Lower Brotherhood Target
15. Nightcrawler

Confirmed mutants found -

1. Colossus
2. Cable
3. Forge
4. Jubilee
5. Emma
6. Sunfire
7. Havok
8. Quicksilver
9. Phoenix
10. Cyclops
11. Rogue
12. Wolverine
13. Beast
14. Mystique
15. Nightcrawler

Guess that's all of them?

All characters in game, mutant or not - (feels like I'm missing one?)

1. Gambit
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool

#19 7 years ago

37. Mr. Sinister
I beleive he is on one of the side cabinets with villians?
38. Shadow Cat
I thought I might of seen her in an ice man segment durring the ramp movements

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

38. Shadow Cat
I thought I might of seen her in an ice man segment durring the ramp movements

yeah she phases through the iceblock and socks iceman right in the stomach.... bobby drake (iceman) and kitty pride (shadowcat) were a thing in x-men for a while....

#21 7 years ago

I though Kitty had a thing with Colossus and Ice man had a thing for Mystique? tumblr_kuqclfk2yc1qz5y5go1_500.jpg

#22 7 years ago

Correct, nice job. Sinister is on the right side of the Magneto LE. Kinda weird, dunno where he would fit in in the game. It's possible Iceman is a target in Xavier mode and that could be him I guess?

I haven't seen that Iceman mode chick in quite a long time, maybe it's just because there is too much going on now for it to show. But I think you're right, she phases right out of the ice. Found it in pmwolf's hero modes video @ ~1min25sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r65p3LYQCyU#t=84s

1. Gambit
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister

#23 7 years ago

Thanks Muttonboy! I'm gonna keep looking for more Mutants

#24 7 years ago

I think we're running out lol.

I did notice last night at the start of Xavier mode all three pop bumpers light, not just the left two, and the Iceman insert lights. I assume lighting means they are possible targets as there are still some that don't. Oddly while both hellfire targets light in the intro, only one of the brotherhood ones do. Maybe it's just cut off by the start of the mode due to bad code/timing, that's my guess.

So the two extra targets could likely be Kitty and Sinister.

Also, if we're getting down to barely in the game type stuff, there is a 1 second group shot at the start of Hellfire multiball that shows the group of the Inner Circle lined up together. I can't remember how many there are, it's so fast I couldn't time a picture.I know at minimum there are 4 or 5. So that should add Harry Leland and Donald Pierce. Possibly Tessa Sage but I can't remember seeing her... It's possible she's the one speaking at the end when you fail that says something about ranking below a dead person? Some chick does get thrown back with a neat animation splashscreen on completion of the mode.

Odd that only Shaw and the goons, and a little Emma are in the mode. Why show the other guys at all in the beginning if they aren't going to be used at all? Maybe the mode isn't finished.

We'll add Harry and Donald for now, I think we'll end up adding Tessa, but I'd really like to keep the list to confirmed for sure and not muddy it up. She really should be there with those other guys though she's a fairly high profile member....

1. Gambit
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce

#25 7 years ago

Caught a snip below of the Hellfire club in pmwolfs video, looks like theres 3 dudes and two chicks emma and tessa. Looks like Harry is there, can't make out Donald that well but will assume its him?

1. Gambit
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Sage

Hellfireclublarge.png

#26 7 years ago

I always would get Tesse and Selena mixed up. Good find on the hellfire club. I'm gonna hunt down Lockhead tonigh or this weekend. I thought I saw that dragon somewhere. Plus, Warlock has got to be in this machine!

hellfire-club.jpg

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I always would get Tesse and Selena mixed up.

hmmm, did I get them messed up? Looking at your picture I'm starting to think so! For some reason I always thought the chick always right next to Shaw was his assistant Tessa, but seeing that it looks like she is helmet hair girl on the end. Too bad, she's cooler than Selena imo.
It'd help if these guys were used anywhere else other than that 1 second splashscreen, I have to think they were going to be in the mode originally but I doubt it will get changed at this point.

Going to change Tessa to Selene though, looks way more like her in your pic.

1. Gambit
2. Beast
3. Wolverine
4. Storm
5. Rogue
6. Xavier
7. Magneto
8. Cyclops
9. Iceman
10. Pheonix
11. Nightcrawler
12. Omega Red
13. Shadow King
14. Sentinel
15. Juggernaut
16. Sabretooth
17. Hellfire goons
18. Shaw
19. Emma Frost
20. Toad
21. Pyro
22. Blob
23. Avalanche
24. Mystique
25. Danger
26. Psylocke
27. Angel
28. Colossus
29. Jubilee
30. Sunfire
31. Havok
32. Cable
33. Forge
34. Quicksilver
35. Dark Phoenix
36. Deadpool
37. Kitty Pride
38. Sinister
39. Harry Leland
40. Donald Pierce
41. Selene

#28 7 years ago

You guys know your stuff.

#29 7 years ago

Tessa is Shaw's assistant, but she kinda has a small part in things. See New Mutants 54... Great issue with a Mignola cover!

$(KGrHqFHJEoFBmqowQ+YBQlH3H(kyQ~~60_3..jpg

#30 7 years ago

Selene on the other hand is pretty hot as the Black Queen. I believe one of her first app. was at a bar where she was trying to get with/kill Juggernaut and Wolverine showed up. Wolverine was pissed at Collosus for dumping Shadow Cat, so Wolverine becomes a catalyst to the fight between Jugs and Cols. Selene takes off. Selene also messes with Magma and Rachel Summers

Selene_Amara_&_Rachel_(UX_189).JPG

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

You guys know your stuff.

I sure don't! haha. I flipped through a friends huge book of mutants around 25 years ago enough to decide I liked archangel the most. Other than that I've watched the cartoons as a kid, and all of them over and over again in their entirety once my daughter made the switch from avengers to Xmen when she was about 3 yr old! So most of what I know is from the cartoons, amazing how most all of them were pulled from comics I've found.

I have been learning a ton since getting the machine and lately though. What I've found is the most boring sounding mutant with the lamest powers almost always has a kick ass backstory and really messed up shit they did with their powers! Multiple Man really threw me for a loop haha.

And you're right again Paul! While I've noticed Sage more in the cartoons, and in looking around at action figures, reading now about Selene that chick is baddass. Psychic vampire that's been around all the way to the Hyborian age with Conan and before!

#32 7 years ago

Chris Claremont knows how to tell a story. I really enjoyed his work on the X-men. There is so much vast history in the 80's on these mutants to get addicted to. Every story Chris did had somesort of hook that would lead to a new development later on. Sadly, I believe it all started a decline after Uncanny X-men 267-275 when Homage studios (lee,portacio,williams) took over the reigns. Lee is an amazing artist, but the story line started to suffer. Chris ended up working with Excalibur, which was pretty mindblowing with Alan Davis.
I can kinda see why maybe the code suffered from all the detail the coder Waison was trying to complete before he had to move on. I still think there might have been a possiblity to put in Mojo, the Broad, Marauders, or Lady Death strike w/ the Reavers.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I believe one of her first app. was at a bar where she was trying to get with/kill Juggernaut and Wolverine showed up. Wolverine was pissed at Collosus for dumping Shadow Cat, so Wolverine becomes a catalyst to the fight between Jugs and Cols. Selene takes off.

...and these were the types of stories that I loved in X-Men comics. I always enjoyed the WWF / Soap Opera storylines that they had with different love interests, mutants jumping sides (from good to evil) and small battles / grudges over the epic multi-title crossovers. Some of my favorite issues didn't even have a fight or any action in them.

Also as PaulCoff said....Claremont could really tell a story and didn't mind subtlety dragging out storylines for years. I loved that a major character would get pissed off and leave and you wouldn't see or hear from them for months or years in the books. It's too bad the movie studios don't have the same patience. I was really hoping after X2 Jean Grey would stay dead for at least a movie or 2 before bringing her back, but no such luck.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I can kinda see why maybe the code suffered from all the detail the coder Waison was trying to complete before he had to move on. I still think there might have been a possiblity to put in Mojo, the Broad, Marauders, or Lady Death strike w/ the Reavers.

I agree. Stepping back now and looking at all of the different modes, Deadpool in the audits, and number of incorporated mutants, it appears that Borg and Waison intended for this to be an extremely deep game. Hopefully, they'll get time to finish their vision, but given business realities I doubt they'll have the time to take it where they originally intended.

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

Still no luck with finding new mutants, but I was thinking that maybe the different Beasts would constitute 3 more characters due to the fact phoenix and dark phoenix get two spots on the chart? I keep thinking I have spotted Apocalypse, but I can't confirm.

#36 7 years ago

Jubilie = Wolverine shot
Gambit = Right pop bumper

#37 7 years ago

New code coming soon. This game has potential to be so great.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Jubilie = Wolverine shot
Gambit = Right pop bumper

in Xavier's mode? That's pretty odd if so! Wolverine is Wolverine's shot as well

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

in Xavier's mode? That's pretty odd if so! Wolverine is Wolverine's shot as well

It seems to me that in Xavier mode, each shot counts for the both the regular mutant for that shot and at least one other. For example, Rogue is found in the Rogue shot, but at least one other mutant is found there too. So having both Jubilee and Wolverine on the Wolverine shot makes sense to me. I haven't done any glass-off testing to verify this, though.

--Luke

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

It seems to me that in Xavier mode, each shot counts for the both the regular mutant for that shot and at least one other. For example, Rogue is found in the Rogue shot, but at least one other mutant is found there too. So having both Jubilee and Wolverine on the Wolverine shot makes sense to me. I haven't done any glass-off testing to verify this, though.
--Luke

I did test with the glass off starting the mode over and over 20~30 times, I never noticed the same shot used for different mutants at all.

Could still be possible, I got tons of repeats, confirmed my list above. Jubilee was either a pop bumper or one of the hellfire targets for me.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

Colossus is right orbit (Phoenix)

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Started wondering how many mutant characters did the designers put in this game?

Have you tried with this ?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

You should be able to see all X-Men images

#43 7 years ago

I though that program was designedto only work with the latest version of AC/DC, but SUPRIZE! Dazzler is in the ROM! Dazzler.jpg

It have just started nosing through the X-Men ROM and it did crash 1 time, but it does work. Back to nosing around...

#44 7 years ago

Apocalypse looks to be a missing Xavier mutant.

Apocalypse.jpg

#45 7 years ago

Lockheed and Kitty

lockheed_and_kitty.jpg

#46 7 years ago

It looks like there is a lot of cool stuff in the 1.24 ROM that isn't used. A lot of it is the animations that were used in the original ROM when you hit each X-Man shot the first time and was removed in later revisions along with their sound clips.

There are also a lot of small touches I have never noticed before...Jugs crashing through the front of the X Mansion at the beginning of his mode, a cool "Lock is Lit" screen and other small things like that.

The Dazzler animations looks to be the most extended thing that I doubt will ever be used (though I wish it would be) . It looks like it might have been and extra ball animation (a close up of her as seen above and then her following a rolling ball on her skates).

The Lockheed and Kitty animation has me stumped. It is in with the other skill shot animations, but I don't know how it would have fit in (I guess it didn't).

The Dark Phoenix intro is also in there and it looks to be pretty cool. I wonder why they wouldn't have "turned that on" even if the mode wasn't finished.

#47 7 years ago

who are these two? chick has a black spot on her eye.

longhair.PNG eyepatchgirl.PNG

#48 7 years ago

ah, domino for the chick, whose the dude?

#49 7 years ago

who are these two? chick has a black spot on her eye.

I'll guess Warpath.

HMLTP03Warpath.jpg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'll guess Warpath.

Correct!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside