1429304302880.jpg
1429304235028.jpg
1429304116949.jpg
20150411_121628.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-326.jpg
image.jpg
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thanks. That makes sense now. Every mod I have bought from Mezelmods has not come with any type of instructions.
But it's too late. I went with the Newton ball method and I'm not going back.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay

That is awesome. I am just glad we have the option to choose between the two brackets. Like full calorie beer or light. Flip on.

Danny

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Make sure the thicker side of the shim is on the right.

Wolvie's right...or my right when facing Wolvie?

To make it easier to understand...the thicker side should be on the side of the Beast shot...or toward the center of the playfield ?

I think some explanation and pics of it installed as it is intended would be very helpful here.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wolvie's right...or my right when facing Wolvie?
To make it easier to understand...the thicker side should be on the side of the Beast shot...or toward the center of the playfield ?
I think some explanation and pics of it installed as it is intended would be very helpful here.

Xavier side. If you have wolverine removed from the machine, all instructions are when you are looking at the back of the bash assembly/Wolverine's back. Theis causes Wolverine to angle towards his left/ the player's right which makes him line up with the magnet.

#154 9 years ago

The thicker side should be on Xavier shot side.
20150329_184345.jpg20150329_184345.jpg

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

You must have it mounted wrong or have a defective belt.
It should not be hitting the pop bumper.

The directions you guys gave were right on. My splint didn't cover the whole post & I put it in on top which may have (in hindsight) caused some problems. I was able to get the figure on without taking the whole assembly off by cutting the bottom to almost match the belt hole and butting the belt on the game 1st & then putting Wolverine on.
I was then only able to get 1 of the screws in his back & I didn't like how close it was to the bumper. VERY tight. It wasn't moving the right way and sometimes registering hits good, then not at all. I may revisit another day. I had company coming and thought it would be a easier install like the Pro version was.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

The directions you guys gave were right on. My splint didn't cover the whole post & I put it in on top which may have (in hindsight) caused some problems. I was able to get the figure on without taking the whole assembly off by cutting the bottom to almost match the belt hole and butting the belt on the game 1st & then putting Wolverine on.
I was then only able to get 1 of the screws in his back & I didn't like how close it was to the bumper. VERY tight. It wasn't moving the right way and sometimes registering hits good, then not at all. I may revisit another day. I had company coming and thought it would be a easier install like the Pro version was.

Why are you trying to put it on with the bash assembly still in the machine? Undo the four nuts below the playfield and it will be an easier install. You are making it harder on yourself. That whole metal piece comes out.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Received the LE belt a couple of days ago and put it in the machine. Had to drill two holes to raise Wolvie off the playfield. Factory holes no longer worked for my model. Super easy. I must say this is the solution I was looking for. My wolverine was cracked along the belt. Mezes mod covered it and it looks like it came that way right from the factory. The look and play I wanted.
Thanks Danny.

Well....I went back to the original factory cut holes so Wolverine would not sit so high off the playfield. Plus the height caused the figure to hit the Ice ramp causing the shots not to register when the ramp is engaged. Which brings me back to my original problem. The figure hits the playfield. The fix was easy. Four washers between the Wolverine and playfield. All is well now. Hope this helps others if they run into this problem.

#158 9 years ago

We will get the instructions up tomorrow.

2 weeks later
#159 9 years ago

Any word on new instructions? The current ones are not good.
How do you get the new style wedge with only two holes to stay on the bracket?

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Any word on new instructions? The current ones are not good.
How do you get the new style wedge with only two holes to stay on the bracket?

Fixing it today with a 3 holed bracket so you can pre align it. Will edit instructions.

#161 9 years ago

How did you guys keep the ramp from hitting Wolvies arm? My ramp hits his arm just enough to keep the switch from closing.
I tried adding some washers under the assembly to tilt him to the (players) left and it made it worse.

#162 9 years ago

Take a pic for me to look at it. When we play tested this it was just fine. It should be plug and play or it's not right.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How did you guys keep the ramp from hitting Wolvies arm? My ramp hits his arm just enough to keep the switch from closing.

I don't have the mod . But I did have this issue after I remounted my Wovlie . I seem to remember placing one hand on the ramp were to connects to the arm coming up from the motor top side of playfield. And used my other hand to lift the ramp Up this made it clear the arms. I must add I had Patrick Powers from STERN on the phone and he talked me through the on how to do it.

#164 9 years ago

Here is the modified splint to make install a breeze. If you need one of these send a note to [email protected] to have one shipped to you.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here is the modified splint to make install a breeze. If you need one of these send a note to [email protected] to have one shipped to you.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I got an email saying one was going to be sent to me. Do I have to formally request one?

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I got an email saying one was going to be sent to me. Do I have to formally request one?

Nope, you are good to go.

1 week later
#167 9 years ago

The new splint makes install much easier.
I think the issue with my ramp hitting the hand and others not having an issue is the angle my wolvie is slotted in the playfield maybe. With the new bracket, wolvie is a little bit too far to the right. All the playfields may not be drilled for the bracket the same.
I don't know the feasibility of making different angled splints?

For now, I was able to get the ramp working by bending the switch to activate sooner. The ball comes off the ramp a little clunky now but it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.