1429304302880.jpg
1429304235028.jpg
1429304116949.jpg
20150411_121628.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-326.jpg
image.jpg
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Installed mine today. Was a bit nervous I may get air balls because it's got a slight angle now but for the few games I played it didn't seem to be a problem.

2 weeks later
#52 9 years ago

I want to let the LE owners that I have been working on this during the break. I have some great help, but it is remote, so it continues to be challenging.

#53 9 years ago

Sold my X-Men LE. I'm out. Hope this mod gets finished for the new owner whose a very good guy.

2 weeks later
#54 9 years ago

Here is the LE concept Greg came up with. The crossover bridge is not a problem for clearance. We are almost there! No modification required to the Wolverine either.

image-259.jpgimage-259.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#55 9 years ago

Will this work for mounting an already damaged Wolverine? My buddy's just ripped and I'm curious if this would be a "fix" or if it would only protect an undamaged one.

#56 9 years ago

What's the word on the captive ball mod? ETA?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Will this work for mounting an already damaged Wolverine? My buddy's just ripped and I'm curious if this would be a "fix" or if it would only protect an undamaged one.

It uses the existing mounting holes so as long as that is still intact, probably yes.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What's the word on the captive ball mod? ETA?

I just printed the new one for Jeremy and he said he will install it next weekend.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Here is the LE concept Greg came up with. The crossover bridge is not a problem for clearance. We are almost there! No modification required to the Wolverine either.

The bottom of Wolverine will need to be cut a little to compensate for the changed angle.

#60 9 years ago

That's right, thanks for the correction. Wolverine bottom does need to be trimmed.

2 weeks later
#61 9 years ago

Wolverine update:
1. Captive ball: I will order parts for the kit today right after this update.
2. LE bracket: Prototype ready to ship to bballfan with the 20 degree splint. Will make another prototype with the side exposed to open the left shot.

image-326.jpgimage-326.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#62 9 years ago

I am in for an LE version.

#63 9 years ago

owner of a pro bracket for 2 months now... holding up excellent!

great mod or should i say fix? either way it's awesome!

thank you for saving my wolvie.

#64 9 years ago

So am I seeing this correctly,the le owners do not have to buy the parts for a capitive ball setup,this uses stock parts plus mezel bracket.

#65 9 years ago

I am in for an LE version.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So am I seeing this correctly,the le owners do not have to buy the parts for a capitive ball setup,this uses stock parts plus mezel bracket.

That is correct, I will have a full kit for purchase.

#67 9 years ago

In for an LE

2 weeks later
#68 9 years ago

The LE bracket fit, it just needs one more adjustment! The crossover ramp is not a problem.

#69 9 years ago

So I'm cleaning my game the other day and I see this hairline crack in the back of wolvie, just on the indented part near the bracket, wtf! I added a small bead of gorilla glue, but also just ordered the bracket. My only concern with the bracket is that the Xavier shot is already pretty tight and this will make it tighter. Anyone have an issue? Plenty of room for beast.

Also, what's the best way to access the two bracket screws, seems as though the pop bumper is in the way.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So I'm cleaning my game the other day and I see this hairline crack in the back of wolvie, just on the indented part near the bracket, wtf! I added a small bead of gorilla glue, but also just ordered the bracket. My only concern with the bracket is that the Xavier shot is already pretty tight and this will make it tighter. Anyone have an issue? Plenty of room for beast.
Also, what's the best way to access the two bracket screws, seems as though the pop bumper is in the way.

Switch to this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods

You can see one used here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay

For accessing the screws, undo it from under the playfield and you can pull it up and forward with four nuts and then put it back afterwards. Heck, if you undo the wire connector, you can even take it out of the machine.

#71 9 years ago

I would like to order the LE Bracket for mine. Do we know of pricing and were to purchase?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

I would like to order the LE Bracket for mine. Do we know of pricing and were to purchase?

Mezelmods sells it and the belt guard. Visit his site.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Mezelmods sells it and the belt guard. Visit his site.

I did not see it on his site.

#74 9 years ago

I believe the LE belt is still being tested and the newton ball (kit) is also on hold for additional parts and testing.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I fitted one to mine ,it does make the Xavier shot a bit tighter but not impossible,it pays to fit a "splint" that Mezel sells to the left hand Magneto lock target to straighten it up which opens up the gap to Xavier

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe the LE belt is still being tested and the newton ball (kit) is also on hold for additional parts and testing.

Still needs one more tweak for the LE bracket. Should have it ready within two weeks.

#77 9 years ago

The bracket is for the Newton ball. The belt guard is something else. Guess I don't know what you mean when you say bracket.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Still needs one more tweak for the LE bracket. Should have it ready within two weeks.

Sweet! I'll be ordering one for sure.

#79 9 years ago

I'm looking forward to the LE model of this. I plan on giving it and then the newton ball replacement a try. I also want to get some target splints for the 2 lock targets. It will be a regular MezleMods shopping spree.

#80 9 years ago

Does anyone have pics of the splints installed?

#81 9 years ago

Tmezel - if all goes well on the LE belt, can you bring one to TPF for me to buy?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Does anyone have pics of the splints installed?

The splints are under the playfield. You will not see them during play. Not sure if that helps.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

The bracket is for the Newton ball. The belt guard is something else. Guess I don't know what you mean when you say bracket.

Guess I meant "belt guard".

My Wolverine Character finally cracked in a spot I am concerned with. Rt lower belt side has a large crack. I want to try the belt guard first before the newton ball. Like how it plays as it is but do not want to keep forking out 110$ each time it breaks.

What do you think Tmezel? Crack on character is on the belt section. Will it be salvageable with the LE belt guard?

#84 9 years ago

Guess I meant "belt guard".
My Wolverine Character finally cracked in a spot I am concerned with. Rt lower belt side has a large crack. I want to try the belt guard first before the newton ball. Like how it plays as it is but do not want to keep forking out 110$ each time it breaks.
What do you think Tmezel? Crack on character is on the belt section. Will it be salvageable with the LE belt guard?

I just may work, if the crack is on the back where the bolts go in I would be hesitant.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Tmezel - if all goes well on the LE belt, can you bring one to TPF for me to buy?

Will do

#86 9 years ago

Make that 2 Tim. My X-men LE we will have at the show and you can show me how it works.

#87 9 years ago

Looking forward to ordering the LE model. I recently picked up an XMEN LE and definitely want to protect the Wolverine figure.

#88 9 years ago

Got my bracket for my Pro Today, it's pretty nice. I had to file down the opening just a tad to get the leaf switch to sit flush, but overall, I like it. I think that whatever I did in the install made wolverine better as he's now a little more active/sensitive. My wolverine was showing cracks in multiple places, hope this takes care of him for a while. Took about 10 minutes, four screws underneath and a connector. Thanks Mezel!

#89 9 years ago

I don't always wear protection, but when I do, I wear Mezel Mods.
-Wolverine

#90 9 years ago

Actually, bring two to the TPF please.

#91 9 years ago

X Men Chastity Belt. I thought they would have put that on Phoenix.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Any word on this T Mez?

#93 9 years ago

Any word on this T Mez?

The move put me behind, on the list for this weekend to get the final out for testing.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The move put me behind, on the list for this weekend to get the final out for testing.

How did the move go. Any word yet for the LE model?

#95 9 years ago

How did the move go. Any word yet for the LE model?

Thanks for the reminder, it will get shipped for testing tomorrow. The tough part of making it clear everything is done, I just cut the side off a bit to make the Beast shot easier.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#96 9 years ago

Count me in for one when you're ready to ship the LE.

2 weeks later
#97 9 years ago

The final LE prototype bracket was installed and all is well. Will update the mezelmods.com now!

#98 9 years ago

Full instructions will be available this week.

#99 9 years ago

Thanks, order placed! This is exactly the Wolverine mod I've been hoping for since the LE was released.

#100 9 years ago

Order placed. Cant wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-wolverine-pro-bracket-by-mezelmods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.