1429304302880.jpg
1429304235028.jpg
1429304116949.jpg
20150411_121628.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-326.jpg
image.jpg
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Protect your Wolverine from ball hits with this simple to install bracket. The bracket surrounds the Wolverine and only adds a couple of millimeters to each side so not to block any shots.

A buckle decal will be included, installed. The decal is has an industrial grade coating on it to protect it from wear.

This bracket should prolong breakage of the Wolverine based on some limited testing. For the price, we do not guarantee that this will eliminate the breakage problem.

I will make one for the LE, if I get enough interest on the Pro model. (The LE version will be produced thanks to Badbilly27 loaning me his Wolverine for such a long time)

http://mezelmods.com/products/x-men-wolverine-pro-bracket
image-825.jpgimage-825.jpgimage-908.jpgimage-908.jpg

#3 9 years ago

I would 100% recommend getting this. I've had it on my xmen on location for over two months and there are no signs of breaking/cracks to the protector or wolverine. Awesome price too!

#4 9 years ago

Do we have to do anything special to him to make it fit?

#6 9 years ago

I'll take one for my magneto

#7 9 years ago

Just ordered too ! Nice idea by the way

#8 9 years ago

+1for LE

#9 9 years ago

Nice. Was waiting on a solution like this before I swapped out my cracked one. Order up. =)

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Do we have to do anything special to him to make it fit?

Nope. Just undo the two screws on the back of Wolverine and take him off the bash assembly. Put this on, then put Wolverine back on and put the screws through the new belt on the back. It reinforces this area as well which can tear.

TMezel, you should post pics of the bottom and back and if different screws are needed or included.

#11 9 years ago

I'm assuming the new protector has the X on the belt. Some of the pictures have it & some don't.

#12 9 years ago

Big bummer on the non-LE version since I sent you my Wolvy to design it back in April.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm assuming the new protector has the X on the belt. Some of the pictures have it & some don't.

The picture with the decal is the final one.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Big bummer on the non-LE version since I sent you my Wolvy to design it back in April.

He didn't say he won't make it, but he wants to gauge interest as it will be a tougher design as he has to figure out the angle for the back of the bracket. If he doesn't angle it right, Wolverine won't face toward the magnet and it will be like it was out of the box. If I had an LE, I would want Wolverine angled and this will take some trial and error. I bet he will need testers to check the angle and the durability, but it will be better than it ever was and less prone to breakage from the ball strikes and from the flimsy mount on the back.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

He didn't say he won't make it, but he wants to gauge interest as it will be a tougher design as he has to figure out the angle for the back of the bracket. If he doesn't angle it right, Wolverine won't face toward the magnet and it will be like it was out of the box. If I had an LE, I would want Wolverine angled and this will take some trial and error. I bet he will need testers to check the angle and the durability, but it will be better than it ever was and less prone to breakage from the ball strikes and from the flimsy mount on the back.

Understand your comments and alteration required for LE. What you don't know is I sent TMezel my Wolvy figure back in April to start making these modifications, with pictures of my LE, to start the effort. Now I see a post selling the Pro version and maybe an LE based on demand. So, I sent a Wolvy so a Pro could be designed?? Hopefully, you understand my post better now.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Understand your comments and alteration required for LE. What you don't know is I sent TMezel my Wolvy figure back in April to start making these modifications, with pictures of my LE, to start the effort. Now I see a post selling the Pro version and maybe an LE based on demand. So, I sent a Wolvy so a Pro could be designed?? Hopefully, you understand my post better now.

I sent him the bash assembly from my machine for the same reason. He is just gauging interest. Most companies do it before investing time. I am sure he is going to do it, but you should gather the LE owners and make sure they post in this thread. Show the demand instead of just saying it is there.

#16 9 years ago

I'm in for an LE version.

Robert

#17 9 years ago

+1 LE

#18 9 years ago

I'll buy an LE version.
The LE bracket is 20 degrees off of the pro.

20141003_161951.jpg20141003_161951.jpg

#19 9 years ago

I'll take an LE if he makes it

#20 9 years ago

I'm in for the LE version.

#21 9 years ago

I'm down for the LE too

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I sent him the bash assembly from my machine for the same reason. He is just gauging interest. Most companies do it before investing time. I am sure he is going to do it, but you should gather the LE owners and make sure they post in this thread. Show the demand instead of just saying it is there.

I started a thread back in Feb challenging mod makers in the community to help XMen owners resolve the Wolvy issue. TMez was awesome to step up to the challenge and asked me to send him a Wolvy to work on. That was back in April (8 months ago) with much interest from LE owners. Fast forward to yesterday posting of a Pro solution. Respectfully my friend, I'm glad you got a Pro solution and Tim delivered for you. But lets not piss on other people's legs and talk about creating demand first before Tim should build it because I say it is there. It's bad form.

Tim accepted the project. If he didn't than what did I send in my Wolvy 8 months ago for? Demand was there but for some reason he went Pro route because it was easier. I get it. But I can still voice my disappointment after I was informed he was working an LE.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I forgot you had the LE, it will be done. Had you confused with Judremy who sent me parts and is going with the Newton ball.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I started a thread back in Feb challenging mod makers in the community to help XMen owners resolve the Wolvy issue. TMez was awesome to step up to the challenge and asked me to send him a Wolvy to work on. That was back in April (8 months ago) with much interest from LE owners. Fast forward to yesterday posting of a Pro solution. Respectfully my friend, I'm glad you got a Pro solution and Tim delivered for you. But lets not piss on other people's legs and talk about creating demand first before Tim should build it because I say it is there. It's bad form.
Tim accepted the project. If he didn't than what did I send in my Wolvy 8 months ago for? Demand was there but for some reason he went Pro route because it was easier. I get it. But I can still voice my disappointment after I was informed he was working an LE.

Sincerely I apologize again, I'm on it.

#25 9 years ago

Awesome, I'll be purchasing as soon as the LE version is ready.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Sincerely I apologize again, I'm on it.

No need to apologize, you are trying to help. Just for effort alone people are grateful. Thank you.

I personally don't know if this type of mod can work on a LE as people, myself included, cut the screw holes in the back to move him right. This opened up the Beast lane as it was closed because of the 20 degree shift because the LE is slotted different than the Pro. The figure tears in the back easier as the enlarged hole slots can't take the stress.

A thicker belt might just close off the lane completely. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

#28 9 years ago

I am in for an LE version. Better than a broken toy.

#29 9 years ago

LE for me as well. Awesome work!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

No need to apologize, you are trying to help. Just for effort alone people are grateful. Thank you.
I personally don't know if this type of mod can work on a LE as people, myself included, cut the screw holes in the back to move him right. This opened up the Beast lane as it was closed because of the 20 degree shift because the LE is slotted different than the Pro. The figure tears in the back easier as the enlarged hole slots can't take the stress.
A thicker belt might just close off the lane completely. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.

It can as he has an area on the back where he can add the angle and Wolverine will sit and point towards the magnet. I am not making promises on his behalf, but if what him and I discussed comes to pass, it will work and LE owners will have a better solution than they ever did. No mutilating the back either.

I never pissed on anyone or their requests. I was the one who reached out to TMezel and tried to get people thinking since there was a "bitching" thread that had people whining away, but no do,unions shown. I cam up with the Newton ball idea which is NOT dead as we are trying to see if a 3D printed bracket can handle the abuse. If it can, then TMezel will offer that piece too.

Let's all be patient and let him do what is needed. Show your support and he will deliver when he can.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Pro was needed first as it was to see if he could make ANYTHING that would be secure and protect the figure without adding too much height, weight, or width. Now he just needs to adjust the back piece and it SHOULD work with the LE.

View from the backView from the back
View from above (back part is on the bottom)View from above (back part is on the bottom)

#32 9 years ago

I'd definitely be in for an LE model if it could indeed be engineered without further blocking the beast shot. Best of luck!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from kesselrig:

I'd definitely be in for an LE model if it could indeed be engineered without further blocking the beast shot. Best of luck!

If you look at the images I posted, you can see that by adding some more plastic on the back at an angle, it can reproduce what people did to currently relocate and reposition their Wolverine.

#34 9 years ago

I am good for an le

#35 9 years ago

I'll be in for an LE. Hopefully it can be used with my already-slotted Wolverine.

#36 9 years ago

I'm in for an LE

#37 9 years ago

I am in for LE

#38 9 years ago

I am in for an LE . thanks

1 week later
#39 9 years ago

Just got mine. Why is the X in the back?

1417875303371.jpg1417875303371.jpg
#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

1417875303371.jpg 151 KB

didn't you know, Wolverine is hip so he wears his belts backwards.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

1417875303371.jpg 151 KB

DOH! is right. We will get a decal in the mail ASAP.

#43 9 years ago

Ordered, thanks for your work on this, and thanks for offering it up for such a reasonable price!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

DOH! is right. We will get a decal in the mail ASAP.

Thanks!

#45 9 years ago

I'm in for an LE model.

#46 9 years ago

I'd also be all over the LE version.

#47 9 years ago

Working with a Pinsider on finalizing the design for the LE!

#48 9 years ago

I'm in for a LE model.

#49 9 years ago

Good stuff, can't wait!

#50 9 years ago

Just ordered mine, good design!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-wolverine-pro-bracket-by-mezelmods/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.