Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by VolunteerPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ball1.JPG
image-388.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Ok so who has a nice HUO X-Men Wolverine LE that they want to sell at a reasonable price? What I mean by reasonable, is I am not throwing down almost 7K for one when NIB are bring that.

Thanks

#3 4 years ago

7k LOL. I'm not sure HUO even worth 5k anymore.

#4 4 years ago

Wow kinda surprised by the response. This is a sweet game. I guess all the new stuff coming out people want something new.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I was think $5,100 to 5K as well. Part of me says wait and see whats at TFP if any at all (kills the over priced shipping right now). There was one there last year that was HUO so it said but looked pretty rough to me for a HUO.

#5 4 years ago

Great game, one of my favourites. Good luck with the search.

#6 4 years ago

New code makes quite a difference.Worth every bit of $5k+....

#7 4 years ago

Still have #300 left nib

#8 4 years ago

Check the "what's for sale in OH" thread. There is a nice one on there.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Keeping mine. LOL.... I will sell it to you for $7,001.00 though.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I was think $5,100 to 5K as well. Part of me says wait and see whats at TFP if any at all (kills the over priced shipping right now). There was one there last year that was HUO so it said but looked pretty rough to me for a HUO.

Ok I'll be nice to the Xmen LE owners, HUO bone stock $5k forever.

The fact there's even a WTB for this title is simply astounding. I'd guess you are not having any problems getting a response.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The fact there's even a WTB for this title is simply astounding. I'd guess you are not having any problems getting a response.

Sorry you hate xmen. Love mine.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Sorry you hate xmen. Love mine.

Not sure hate is the right word.

If I had the money, I'd buy every Xmen when it came up for sale and toss them off a building, Todd at TNT style.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Not sure hate is the right word.
If I had the money, I'd buy every Xmen when it came up for sale and toss them off a building, Todd at TNT style.

I completely agree if you sub replace Xmen with Big Buck Hunter.

#14 4 years ago

XMLE is a brutally challenging game with great flow. New rules make it much better. Apparently it's reputation is tough. I'm a firm believer that if a game really has good features & gameplay people will either eventually figure it out or will miss out in a great game. Games like XMLE and RBION are examples of truly under appreciated titles

#15 4 years ago

Just got to danger room for the first time

image-388.jpg
#16 4 years ago

Still enjoying my Magneto LE. Gets plenty of love when people come over so I know it isn't bad in the least.
I'm trying more and more to ignore the "Negative Nancies" and just simply enjoy pinball for what it is....FUN.

#17 4 years ago

I turned on stacking and set hard replays for extra balls at 25M, 50M, and 100M.

Having more fun than ever on this game!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

I turned on stacking and set hard replays for extra balls at 25M, 50M, and 100M.
Having more fun than ever on this game!

Did this also, except my extra ball value is like 50m 100m and 200m since you get random extra balls anyway I don't want to have too many 6-7 ball games, but I do want to get to DR more than the one time which I have got so far.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Says the man who owns a BBH. Sub $3K game all day long. Will wait till you decide to sell your completely shopped pristine version. No girlfriend in pics will help you sell that one for more than $3K unless she comes with it.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

LOL, I certainly would never take 5k for my XMen LE Wolverine No. 003. I sold my Tron LE over my XMen LE and would do it again in two seconds.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Says the man who owns a BBH. Sub $3K game all day long. Will wait till you decide to sell your completely shopped pristine version. No girlfriend in pics will help you sell that one for more than $3K unless she comes with it.

I just realized if you both had a child together, the name could be something like badturbo47! How cool would that be?!?

Brad

#22 4 years ago

I've had my X-Men LE for about a year and a half now. So I am out of the honeymoon period. Still the most played game in my collection - by a lot. It's a great game. I hope the OP finds a nice one.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, I certainly would never take 5k for my XMen LE Wolverine No. 003. I sold my TRON LE over my XMen LE and would do it again in two seconds.

Now that is just crazy talk.

#25 4 years ago

well, so strange how the market could be so different (europe VS america) about some titles !?

if i take the TRON LE, no doubt that prices by your side are just... insane (not talking if its deserved or not), and even if its high here, is way less

now, as its the topic subject, the X-MEN LE is the other way : seems not loved at all by your side, and than quite cheap, even with the new code which makes the game very good for sure
here if you search for a LE, its long time i havent seen something under 6000-7000 € (thats 7300-8600 $)

this said, good luck with the search

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, so strange how the market could be so different (europe VS america) about some titles !?
if i take the TRON LE, no doubt that prices by your side are just... insane (not talking if its deserved or not), and even if its high here, is way less
now, as its the topic subject, the X-MEN LE is the other way : seems not loved at all by your side, and than quite cheap, even with the new code which makes the game very good for sure
here if you search for a LE, its long time i havent seen something under 6000-7000 € (thats 7300-8600 $)
this said, good luck with the search

Could you just import one for less than that? Or would taxes and shipping bring it back up to EU prices?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Just got to danger room for the first time

Tilt - Can you take a closeup pic of your wolvy on the play field. Looks cool from afar.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Tilt - Can you take a closeup pic of your wolvy on the play field. Looks cool from afar.

This is Pinballmike217's old machine. Attached is a link to the Wolvie mod post, he explained it there:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-wolverine-my-solution-to-a-crappy-part/page/2

As much as I like the org Wolvie, the design was just simply a bad idea for gameplay. I played a few games on his machine with his mod and I had to have it.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Could you just import one for less than that? Or would taxes and shipping bring it back up to EU prices?

sry dont know, i'm not usual with pins trade in general, and absolutly not about import-export pins

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

This is Pinballmike217's old machine. Attached is a link to the Wolvie mod post, he explained it there:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-wolverine-my-solution-to-a-crappy-part/page/2
As much as I like the org Wolvie, the design was just simply a bad idea for gameplay. I played a few games on his machine with his mod and I had to have it.

talking about breaking the toy, i agree, the mod is or could be an nice alternative
also nice if you found that toy too "big" (which i admit it is)

but talking about gameplay and than "opening" the left lane shoot, well, even if its hard with the toy, its part of the game, and you can (quite) master it simply by playing more & more, being better game after game, its part of pinball spirit, knowing/feeling trajectories are one of the component with skills, rules, tactics, ...

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Big Buck is a great pin in my neck of the woods. Best earning pin since TAF. If he sells for 3k I will buy it at the next Expo.

#32 4 years ago

Great I am buying a X-men Wolverine! Excited :Dand I can check that game off my wish list! Thanks to everyone that contacted me.

#33 4 years ago

Do you guys set your game to 5 balls? My pro is set to 3 balls- highest score is 35k so far. Must need to play more. How do you get random extra balls?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Well, I found what I was looking for so be astounded! I can understand you not liking yours and it wasn't for you. If we all owned the same game that would be boring. I feel the same way about Avater! Sucked for me but great for others so a win win for everyone.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Do you guys set your game to 5 balls? My pro is set to 3 balls- highest score is 35k so far. Must need to play more. How do you get random extra balls?

35,000 or did you mean 35 million? LOL

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Boo 5 balls. You get stuck on a bad game.

What you want to do is go to settings where it says special award (can't recall exactly) but the choice you want is fixed reward, then reward is extra ball and then you can set the level of award, I set it at 3 limit fixed 50m, 100m and 200m. That way you only get many extra balls on good games.

You can set you limit lower like 25m and so forth if you want more extra balls. I believe you can set 4 or more fixed extra ball levels but really my limit is 3 because you will get random extra balls. Maybe if you beat NC mode or something not sure, but it's not uncommon to get an extra ball. I set my levest high for me because I don't want to have many 5 ball games.

Just practice see if you can make the cyclops shot, beast shot, ramps etc.. And soon you will be making higher scores.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

i think about your post yesterday, and than yes, you need to play more (saying friendly of course)
got this after ball 1...

ball1.JPG

btw, simply have fun with your pin, and "good games" will follow with no doubt

#38 4 years ago

I agree, I don't play as much as some people around here so it may take me 12 months to play 500 games on a machine, so it really took me long time to start to make the shots. Once you can make the Beast/Gambit shot it gets much better, I still have hard time making the ramps and Cyclops. But the more I play I'm sure it will open up.

It sure is not an easy ramp game like AcDc or IM that's for sure.

But it's very rewarding once you are able to make some shots.

#39 4 years ago

yeah next week I am buying a x-men Le megneto new in the box can't wait.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i think about your post yesterday, and than yes, you need to play more (saying friendly of course)
got this after ball 1...

btw, simply have fun with your pin, and "good games" will follow with no doubt

ball1.JPG 348 KB

Jeezum! I need to go play more too. That's a sick score.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL, I certainly would never take 5k for my XMen LE Wolverine No. 003. I sold my TRON LE over my XMen LE and would do it again in two seconds.

I bought my XMLE new when it came out and nobody here is tired of it. I also sold my TRONE LE and kept my Magneto LE....no regrets at all and I would do it the same way again.
Its a great game with sweet ramp shots and combos.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jeezum! I need to go play more too. That's a sick score.

Alright, I just played three games. Top score 41 mill. I officially suck. Time to play another three...

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jeezum ... That's a sick score.

not really as it ended with a "miserable" 260M... not even enough to enter a tag on our pin

PS : but as quite few competitors are saying, pinball is a 1 ball game
and than yes, sometimes a single (very) good ball is enough

#44 4 years ago

5 balls is cheating.

*On modern games

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good God man, have you gone off the deep end?!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I don't understand why this post got so many thumbs down?

HUO XMLE at $5k is considered an insult or something? I thought they sold right around that figure?

#47 4 years ago

I have a HUO TSPP I'm looking to trade. If XMLE came available near me I'd trade with a little money going along with the Simpson's.

Quoted from RobT:

I don't understand why this post got so many thumbs down?
HUO XMLE at $5k is considered an insult or something? I thought they sold right around that figure?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside