Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Still waiting for my Magneto to arrive on Wednesday this week so I am stuck waiting and watching videos of gameplay.

Can anyone verify what the rules are for completion of the hero modes. Are they the same as what was posted for version 1.1? Some seem really short in the videos posted. Like 2 shots for xavier.

Also it seems like the red arrows are not lit in the hero modes to show what shots to hit. Am I wrong about this or are the red arrows lit? If not I think they should be as there are no clues in the dmd display as to what to shoot for.

#2 11 years ago

Just watched pmwolf's video / tutorial on the hero mode. Looks like the white inserts are lit showing the hero shots to hit except for wolverine. Those shots use the red arrows.

It does look like the modes are short. Like only 1 hit for completing beast. Is there an adjustment to make the modes harder?

#3 11 years ago

Red arrows are not lit but the hero shots blink instead to indicate which shots you need, all other hero lights turn off so it's easy to know what to shoot for. Hero rules for 1.2 are; shoot a hero twice to start. Then: (I could be wrong with some of these, but...)

Xavier: find the flashing target (could be any target on the game). Hit it and complete

Storm: hit storm ramp twice to complete

Phoenix: hit Phoenix, cyclops, wolverine each once. Repetive shots count as more points.

Cyclops: make a combo starting with cyclops then Xavier, rogue, storm, gambit, wolverine. I believe the harder the combo the more pts awarded.

Beast: hit beast twice

Rogue: steal three heroes powers'. NIGHTCRAWLER pops up too

Iceman: hit iceman twice.

Wolverine: weapon x mb. Hit any 1 hero except Xavier (shots indicated w red arrows). Then wolverine. Do this like 5 times then Xavier/magneto/cyclops light. Hit them once then wolverine then them then wolverine to complete.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks eskaybee. Do the modes seem too easy now?

And sorry to read about the issues you're having with your machine. Hope it all gets sorted out.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks eskaybee. Do the modes seem too easy now?
    And sorry to read about the issues you're having with your machine. Hope it all gets sorted out.

Thanks. I hope it turns out to just be a bad board and nothing more.

I think the modes fit the game well. They're easy but it's a good thing since 1. There's so much to do in the game and 2. It's a bit difficult to complete them ALL in one game. Not to mention the villain modes need to be completed as well which is fairly impossible w the current code.

With how difficult villain modes are, I think most people's strategy have been trying to do all the heroes and get danger room. Then work on villains. Hopefully they'll add either villain memory progression and/or villain-hero stacking.

#6 11 years ago

Is anyone getting SDTM Drains from the Magneto locks??. like when the ball goes in the locks for whatever reason and it isnt a valid lock and the ball gets released and goes SDTM all the time. is this normal? or is my machine not level, i thought the release of the non locked ball would drop it so it would at least be able to be hit with the flipper. I find myself nudging the machine all the time when the ball goes into the magneto lock to try and send the ball on a less direct path other than the middle.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from devo:

Is anyone getting SDTM Drains from the Magneto locks??. like when the ball goes in the locks for whatever reason and it isnt a valid lock and the ball gets released and goes SDTM all the time. is this normal? or is my machine not level, i thought the release of the non locked ball would drop it so it would at least be able to be hit with the flipper. I find myself nudging the machine all the time when the ball goes into the magneto lock to try and send the ball on a less direct path other than the middle.

Jack up the left side of the machine a little. Ball should drop straight down to the right flipper.

Get down on one knee and look straight over the top of the right flipper ... magneto is straight up there.

Dave.

#8 11 years ago

Pretty much what Dave said. I've had maybe 1 in 500 releases go SDTM. Do you know what pitch your pf is at? This game seems to play better at a 6.8deg rather than the normal 6.5.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Red arrows are not lit but the hero shots blink instead to indicate which shots you need, all other hero lights turn off so it's easy to know what to shoot for. Hero rules for 1.2 are; shoot a hero twice to start. Then: (I could be wrong with some of these, but...)
    Xavier: find the flashing target (could be any target on the game). Hit it and complete
    Storm: hit storm ramp twice to complete
    Phoenix: hit Phoenix, cyclops, wolverine each once. Repetive shots count as more points.
    Cyclops: make a combo starting with cyclops then Xavier, rogue, storm, gambit, wolverine. I believe the harder the combo the more pts awarded.
    Beast: hit beast twice
    Rogue: steal three heroes powers'. NIGHTCRAWLER pops up too
    Iceman: hit iceman twice.
    Wolverine: weapon x mb. Hit any 1 hero except Xavier (shots indicated w red arrows). Then wolverine. Do this like 5 times then Xavier/magneto/cyclops light. Hit them once then wolverine then them then wolverine to complete.

Iceman has to be more than two. I think it's about 5.

#10 11 years ago

And storm seems like just 1 for me? That mode is over quick even though i suck at the cyclops -> storm shot, certainly not doing it twice in a row. Will have to look closer to see if she's registering a false hit

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from devo:

I have had this problem.. The more level I got it the more it would go SDTM at game end. But got it so that it at least most of the time hits right flipper (tip not mid flipper).. And is pretty close to level (final adjustments done for gameplay not with levels). Wondering if I just looked at the level of the disk it might not match the playfield exactly and that be the root cause

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Iceman has to be more than two. I think it's about 5.

Two shots to complete Iceman.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Two shots to complete Iceman.

Not here. I'll take off the glass and see. Maybe my ramp switch is flaky.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Not here. I'll take off the glass and see. Maybe my ramp switch is flaky.

I wonder if you can change the settings to require more hits?

It's definitely two hits.

#15 11 years ago

It's 2 shots IF the 2nd shot its the super flashing outlane light. Not sure if you can move it w the flippers.

#16 11 years ago

I've finished iceman anywhere from 1 to 3 shots, the left lane flashes sometimes, might have something to do with it.

Storm I've finished without even hitting the shot. In multiball hitting a ton a poppers seemed to do it. One ball hitting a bunch of poppers, then one Storm ramp finished it.

Wolverine sometimes goes fast, sometimes it takes many shots. Half the shots are flashing faster than the other half, might be one direction is faster than the other.

I'm getting really tired of getting late in the game and the villain scoop being lit all the time from all of the accumulated lanes. I'll have one hero left to go many games and I can't stay away from a villain mode long enough to even start it often...

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I wonder if you can change the settings to require more hits?
    It's definitely two hits.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's 2 shots IF the 2nd shot its the super flashing outlane light. Not sure if you can move it w the flippers.

Ok took off the glass and got to the bottom of iceman. It requires *one* shot but it must hit all 3 switches: iceman start ramp, iceman mid switch, left inlane. So you can complete it by waiting for the ramp to move left and make the shot one time. I also tested hitting the ramp 5-7 times without ever hitting the left inlane and it never grants you iceman.

#18 11 years ago

The hero modes take less shots now BUT they reduced the time to complete them.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Ok took off the glass and got to the bottom of iceman. It requires *one* shot but it must hit all 3 switches: iceman start ramp, iceman mid switch, left inlane. So you can complete it by waiting for the ramp to move left and make the shot one time. I also tested hitting the ramp 5-7 times without ever hitting the left inlane and it never grants you iceman.

Interesting.

#20 11 years ago

I've completed Beast in one shot, but only if the ball stays in the pop bumpers for a long time. When the ball is in the bumpers you can see the beakers/flasks, etc. in the DMD shaking around. If it hangs in there long enough it advances the Beast changes, and eventually you complete the mode. Actually hitting the Beast shot a couple of times does it faster though.

I've gotten so good at the Beast shot now, forehand and backhand that I complete this mode in a vast majority of games I play. Same with Wolverine. Phoenix, Cyclops, Storm all give me problems because of my mental block/inability to hit the Cyclops shot consistently.

Quoted from SealClubber:

The hero modes take less shots now BUT they reduced the time to complete them.

Exactly. Hero modes are easy to start, and if you are hitting your shots, easy to complete, but there really is not a lot of time. You miss a couple of shots and that is pretty much it for the mode. You can make good use of the scoop here though to add time, or on Weapon X multiball to add another ball.

#21 11 years ago

Could someone please check the adjustments (ie mode difficulty settings in the menus) to see what they do? Do they do anything yet? Do they make it harder to start the modes or change difficulty of the mode itself? Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-version-12-rules-and-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.