Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#2 4 years ago

ask timmy street about the trick with hellfire and getting stupid points very quickly. surprised it wasnt mentioned, unless bk didnt know.

i think small lefkoff knows about it tooo

#3 4 years ago

It's always cool to see a tutorial for a game I own. Thanks PAPA!
I was surprised there was no mention of the Dark Phoenix mode for completing all of the villains. Also, on factory settings, the Nightcrawler mode will award an extra ball. They must have it turned off for tournament play. For home play, it's fun to shoot for the extra ball in Nightcrawler mode. It's a bit risky, but oh so tempting.

#4 4 years ago

X-MEN has been my favorite game for some time now. I love "Shitty Beast"

Great video-thanks for filming!

#5 4 years ago

It's my go to game lately. It's the complete package imho. Fast, fun, and engaging gameplay. ...lacks nothing. No idea what people are talking about when they diss the callouts. Fits the game perfectly. Only - being when a call out suggests you've done well when you have not.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It's my go to game lately. It's the complete package imho. Fast, fun, and engaging gameplay. ...lacks nothing. No idea what people are talking about when they diss the callouts. Fits the game perfectly. Only - being when a call out suggests you've done well when you have not.

Watch out. This is like saying Beetlejuice's name 3 times.

#7 4 years ago

I love my XMENLE, but after watching the Tutorial I realize I have not been playing it as it could be played. Time to take on the XMEN again.....Sweet!!

#8 4 years ago

Probably worth mentioning that the creation of Bowen's tutorials are funded by regular old you's and me's over at Patreon.

In the past, he was able to squeeze trips into the Papa facility when work sent him to Pittsburgh. Long story short, that no longer happens, so, if you like these - take a look here: http://www.patreon.com/pinball

#9 4 years ago

I get the feeling the bulk of the shot descriptions, etc happened on an earlier game that they tossed out after not making it to Danger Room here...

Love Bowen's tutorials, I'm pretty sure stumbling onto one on YouTube some time ago fueled my desire to get into the hobby.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I get the feeling the bulk of the shot descriptions, etc happened on an earlier game that they tossed out after not making it to Danger Room here...

I found this one a little rough around the edges because of that. It wasn't his normal description explaining the game. I think there have been many that the game showed was not the first game, but this one suffered from it.

And don't take that as some massive criticism. I wish they would release the longer video with both games in it to get the full experience. Bowen's tutorials are usually the best ones by miles. It just felt like adding the lines after the fact didn't help it here.

#11 4 years ago

It was a great tutorial. Was there a reason why he didn't go for the villians?

#12 4 years ago

Great fun and very informative, loved the tutorial and it was great to see a local legend get the nod at the end with his initials on the GC spot Can't wait for the next one! Glad to donate to keep these awesome tutorials coming.

#13 4 years ago

Was a great tutorial don't want to sound ungrateful but he didn't really explain anything about the Villians and seemed like a very glancing tutorial. I mean it was a great game but to me was maybe half of a full blown game review.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It was a great tutorial. Was there a reason why he didn't go for the villians?

My guess is it's harder to complete them to get to DP as opposed to beating Heros for DR. My best scoring games come when I am able to reach DR & DP but those games are few & far between. Fun as all get up when it happens though. One of my all time favorite pins!

#15 4 years ago

I think one of the major things missed also was once the brotherhood multiball is lit, hitting the brotherhood targers lights villan which is a big advantage for reaching dark phoenix.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I think one of the major things missed also was once the brotherhood multiball is lit, hitting the brotherhood targers lights villan which is a big advantage for reaching dark phoenix.

Not just brotherhood, it's whatever villain Mb bank is completed. If both HFC and Brotherhood are completed, any hit to either will light villain at the scoop.

I do think Bowen really slimmed on real strategy and nuance in the rules here. I feel like he just played the game and really didn't know the rules that well, because the Brotherhood/HFC targets is a huge deal, and tyere wasn't even an attempt to explain the DR rules, or even seem to care about the rules in the game in general. Just felt "phoned in", which is sad because there's such great nuance and little stuff in XM that make it great, and pretty much everything was skimmed over.

I feel terrible saying that because it seems like I'm ungrateful for all the time he spends on these tutorials and what he does for us, but I'm totally grateful for them! It's just that XM is a title that deserves so much more credit than it gets now, and I feel like that was a lot opportunity to make it shine.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Not just brotherhood, it's whatever villain Mb bank is completed. If both HFC and Brotherhood are completed, any hit to either will light villain at the scoop.
I do think Bowen really slimmed on real strategy and nuance in the rules here. I feel like he just played the game and really didn't know the rules that well, because the Brotherhood/HFC targets is a huge deal, and tyere wasn't even an attempt to explain the DR rules, or even seem to care about the rules in the game in general. Just felt "phoned in", which is sad because there's such great nuance and little stuff in XM that make it great, and pretty much everything was skimmed over.
I feel terrible saying that because it seems like I'm ungrateful for all the time he spends on these tutorials and what he does for us, but I'm totally grateful for them! It's just that XM is a title that deserves so much more credit than it gets now, and I feel like that was a lot opportunity to make it shine.

100% it was kind of meh overall. I would not call this a tutorial, call it a game video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside