(Topic ID: 231518)

X-men : switch 13 wiring colors?

By Smart_Bomb

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Can someone that owns an X-men pro pinball machine please tell me what color wires that switch 13 connects to under the playfield?

The two wires leading from the switch itself are solid white and solid green. These wires go through the playfield to underneath and connect with a connetor that has two wires, one solid black wire and one solid orange wire.

The switch matrix is showing the wires under the playfield going to the back box should be tan/green and green/brown (that is if i am reading the matrix chart correctly)

I dont see where these orange and black wires come into play on this particular switch. I am not in front of the machine at the moment so i cant investigate further and i am going off a mental snapshop but i do recall seeing a tan/green connector near the vacinity of the solid black and solid orange connector. I am thinking the switch is connected to the wrong connector under the playfield.

The switch is not working in the game yet the switch tested good and the wires connected directly to it are good and have continuity to the immediate connector under the playfield.

I am hoping someone that owns the game could either please tell me i am right or wrong and maybe even post a pic of the connector and which set of wires it connects to. . I will post a pic of what I am looking at when i get to the game later on in the week (its on a route and we only get to it once a week).

Here is a link to the manual with the switch matrix (page 56). http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/x-men/pro/428/XMenManual_042214.pdf

#2 5 years ago

I was correct in my theory. The switch was wired to the wrong connection under the playfield. I connected it to the tan/green connection and the switch is working.

So sometime in the past someone was messing under the playfield in that area and reconnected the wirws wrong OR it came from the factory like that. I have no idea...it was like that way before i started working here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-switch-13-wiring-colors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.