Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Smart_Bomb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PHOTO_20181201_095522 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I am working on an X-Men pinball machine. Switch 13 (left ramp entrance) and switch 26 (left slingshot) are not working.

Switch 13 (left ramp emtrance) : the micro switch is good and i have continuity in the wires to the connector. What should i look at in the back box? Which transistor? Which board? Which component(s) on the board? Any suggestions?

Switch 26 (left sling shot) : the coil is good, the diode on the coil is good. I have continuity from the coil to the connector right below the transistor bank. I tried grounding out the transistor (Q13) to activate the coil but nothing happened. Do i need to have the coin door closed (or service switch pulled out) to do the ground out test? Does the sling shot have its own individual fuse? Maybe the fuse is bad. The leaf switches are good and gapped accordingly. There are no loose wires anywhere pertaining to the coil and leaf switchs or connectors.

switch 53 (center lock up).the center coil..(under magneto that traps the ball with two metal arms) keeps activating when the game isnt being played. For example when i turn it on it starts going up amd down repeatedly, multiple times. It eventually quits. Again no issues with wiring or coil.

All 3 issues are boggling my mind. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 11 months ago

I don't have a schematic in front of me. First thing I would check is to see if those switches are all in the same row or column in the switch matrix.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I don't have a schematic in front of me. First thing I would check is to see if those switches are all in the same row or column in the switch matrix.

All 3 are not in the same row or column. They are all separate.

Pic of matrix attached

PHOTO_20181201_095522 (resized).jpg
#4 11 months ago
Quoted from Smart_Bomb:

switch 53 (center lock up).the center coil..(under magneto that traps the ball with two metal arms) keeps activating when the game isnt being played. For example when i turn it on it starts going up amd down repeatedly, multiple times. It eventually quits. Again no issues with wiring or coil.

Don't know about the first two, but I had something similar to this happening on my X-men. One of the optos was dirty, and intermittently triggering, so the game thought balls were locked and unlocked when they shouldn't be. Cleaned all the optos in the lock mechanism and all good. I could see it happening in switch test mode, flickering on and off.

#5 11 months ago

Well i figured out switch #26. It was a bad diode on one of the leaf switches. The coil works in test mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Marathon, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside