Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Erik
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm borrowing an XMLE (v1.51). I'm baffled as to what to do, and too intimidated to tackle the 46,000 post XM thread.

For the hero modes do I shoot them some number of times, then shoot the same hero again to complete?

In the villain modes, do they all have a life bar that you lower by hammering away at lit inserts? Is there a difference between the villains?

Further, is it better to select certain villains if you have already started particular heroes?

And related to that, what's the deal with the Brotherhood or Hellfire modes? Different rules than individual villains or what?

Also what's going on with Weapon X multiball? Do just I wait for Starlord (?) to show up on the dmd, then bash Wolverine?

#2 4 years ago

Playing a couple dozen games would probably answer many of your questions.

Here is a basic primer and not meant to be comprehensive or strategic in nature.

Hero modes: Initially hit selected hero 2 times to start except Wolverine which is 4. Finish mode by returning to the hero and/or hit other lit shot(s) as directed by playfield.

Yes, Villains have health meters. Shoot lit shots as directed by playfield and DMD.

Some Villains stack better with multiballs, others are easier to complete in solo play.

Brotherhood and Hellfire are multiballs

In Wolverine, hit a flashing shot, then Wolverine.

Enjoy!

#4 4 years ago

I think they covered it. XMENLE is in my top 5 of all time. Do you post pass? If not, start. Have fun.

#5 4 years ago

Here is a pretty detailed thread on the rules. I think XM is a great pin. Helped me improve my playing skills in a big way. Master this pin and others will seem a little easier.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-13-le-rcades-initial-rules-findings-and-other-stuffs

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the infos! I have looked through those, but wasn't sure if they were applicable to v1.51. From a distance XM appeared to change greatly with each code release.

For Brotherhood/Hellfire do you bash the side targets during multiball? Are they "weakened" by first starting/completing other villain modes?

Also sometimes I get help from Deadpool. How is that happening? Maybe combos? And does he help against all villains or just the next one you start?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

For Brotherhood/Hellfire do you bash the side targets during multiball? Are they "weakened" by first starting/completing other villain modes?

The 2 Villain multiballs are independent of the other Villain modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centreville, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marathon, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside