View topic image gallery

DSC09439.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I need some help.
Got offers on both of these.
Both nice condition.
Xmen is about 300 cheaper.
I like the theme of Tron a bit more.

But when i search the forum i see alot of love for Tron, but since the updates to Xmen there is alot of love there also.

So, im a amateur, played some "cheap" Williams/bally games, WH20 is my favorite atm.
And now im getting my first Stern.

#2 10 years ago

most people will like tron over x-men pro
but I don't... I like x-men pro a lot...is so good!
I sold my tron after 6 months...rulesheet is not very deep

#3 10 years ago

As pascal mentioned...most people will pick Tron over X-Men...I am in the boat. The wolfy toy on X-Men is not enjoyable(too much breathing/panting), more in the way IMO. Tron is that game that you always want just one more ball to complete it....keeps you coming back for more

#4 10 years ago

I vote for X-men. To me, it is more fun than Tron.

--Luke

#5 10 years ago

I haven't played Xmen enough to comment but I can say that if they are in the same condition they should be much more than $300 apart in price.

#6 10 years ago

I have both. A difficult choice. I have said before that I believe the Tron is slightly overrated (not much, but a little) and the X-Men underrated (especially since last code update). I will say this however the Tron Pro is the only pin I have ever owned (5) that has never given me any problems. Can not go wrong with either. Tron will probably hold value better.

#7 10 years ago

Xmen Pro is a fun game BUT..... I much prefer Tron!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

most people will like tron over x-men pro
but I don't... I like x-men pro a lot...is so good!
I sold my tron after 6 months...rulesheet is not very deep

I couldn't agree with this more. Love the theme of Tron, but the game is very overrated IMHO. There isn't much to it. It's pretty much all show and not much go.

#9 10 years ago

XMEN is like a mirror universe Tron with longer ball times and a deeper ruleset. I don't think you can go wrong either way, plus, there's another update to Xmen coming to finish off the features.

Originally, I traded XMEN for Tron. Love Tron, its a great game, but I had to get my XM back. Both are staying in the collection for now, but if push came to shove, Tron would be gone first.

-Wes

#10 10 years ago

Xmen pro is my favorite game in my current collection and its up against 2 powerhouses. That said; if you want a deep game with a tough shot layout - go xmen. If your a bit less experienced or want a more simple game - go TRON. Both are great games IMO and you really can't go wrong. If you're a dead TRON nut on theme; go with TRON. Theme integration is great.

#11 10 years ago

There's at least one other thread with this exact title or close to it with lots of comments. Trons are. Title overpriced IMO so depending on what the prices are you may be getting a good price on Tron or a lousy price on XMEN. SKB's advice is sound.

#12 10 years ago

I have Tron an xm LE and I believe Tron is far better. I have not played XM pro but just the LE.

Now the code of XM is getting better but Tron is just so much more fun to me, I enjoy Tron more I think because its more easy, I mean the modes in XM such as Magneto, Weapon X and all the villains are so much work.

Tron seems to be more fun and I could play the multiballs over and over not groan like when I have to play Weapon X over and over.

Some might call Tron too shallow, but not for me, I am not a great player and enjoy the fact that I can play a quick game and still have fun.

My ball times on XM is almost twice as long as Tron.

If you enjoy longer modes and tons of work to get to the wizards might like XM better, but for me Tron is more fun, and for me much easier to hit most of the shots, while XM seems too tight on many of the shots.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have Tron an xm LE and I believe Tron is far better. I have not played XM pro but just the LE.
Now the code of XM is getting better but Tron is just so much more fun to me, I enjoy Tron more I think because its more easy, I mean the modes in XM such as Magneto, Weapon X and all the villains are so much work.
Tron seems to be more fun and I could play the multiballs over and over not groan like when I have to play Weapon X over and over.
Some might call Tron too shallow, but not for me, I am not a great player and enjoy the fact that I can play a quick game and still have fun.
My ball times on XM is almost twice as long as Tron.
If you enjoy longer modes and tons of work to get to the wizards might like XM better, but for me Tron is more fun, and for me much easier to hit most of the shots, while XM seems too tight on many of the shots.

I will admit that xmens biggest weakness is its mb fun factor. Brotherhood and HFC mb's are cool as hell though.

#14 10 years ago

Tron is pure adrenaline.

#15 10 years ago

I think Ill say TRON pro...

DSC09439.JPGDSC09439.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Both great games. I currently own X-Men and am really enjoying it. Great art package, combo shots, modes. Lots to do.

I liked Tron while I had it (8 mths), but it kicked my butt a lot. An adrenaline rush, nice music and theme integration, but rules are not as deep and in my small collection, it had to go.

X-men will probably be with me longer than my time with Tron.

#17 10 years ago

I have them both - XMEN Pro and TRON Pro. I play them both and they are my #1 and #2 favorite games. Both are excellent, but if I HAD to pick, I would pick tron slightly over xmen.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Getinmabelly:

So, im a amateur, played some "cheap" Williams/bally games, WH20 is my favorite atm.
And now im getting my first Stern.

What do you mean by "cheap" Williams/Bally games? Quality or price?

#19 10 years ago

Have had both. Sold Xmen. Kept Tron. Tron is fantastic. The rankings don't lie. xmen supporters/defenders are very vocal, and it's far from a bad game, but to me the fun factor was no comparison. Same goes for the voices and sound package- no comparison.

#20 10 years ago

Traded my Tron Pro for X-men Wolverine- no regrets. I really liked the speed of Tron and sound but just not enough depth there for me.

#21 10 years ago

From what i have read, im guessing im gonna get the Tron Pro.
Thanks for the help all!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What do you mean by "cheap" Williams/Bally games? Quality or price?

Price, i have had: FT,DM,JM,ID4,WH20.

#22 10 years ago

TRON ftw, especailly the light ramp kit is almost here.

#23 10 years ago

From what i have read, im guessing im gonna get the Tron Pro.Thanks for the help all!
Price, i have had: FT,DM,JM,ID4,WH20.

Not sure where you are, but my Tron Pro is for sale and has the light up fiber optic ramp kit already installed with a full set of Cliffy's and LED GI. I'm in southern IN.

#24 10 years ago

Well that sucks, lost the deal on the Tron.

Might be a bit offtopic, but why is a Xmen (released later then tron) cheaper? if its in the same condition? Popularity contest?

#25 10 years ago

Well that sucks, lost the deal on the Tron.
Might be a bit offtopic, but why is a Xmen (released later then tron) cheaper? if its in the same condition? Popularity contest?

Tron is not being made anymore and is a widely popular game. There is some hype involved too. I love both games. If you are near Indiana, mine is still available with the color changing fiber optic ramps.

#26 10 years ago

Cannot speak for pro XM but I really like both games. I agree you cannot go wrong IMO.

#27 10 years ago

but why is a Xmen (released later then tron) cheaper?

Popularity contest

I see you've accurately answered your own question!

-Wes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-vs-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.