(Topic ID: 19220)

X-Men Pro v LE

By schwarz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one is a better buy?”

• Pro 28 votes
      30%
    • LE 65 votes
      70%

(93 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is why there should be Premiums and Pros - no LEs. There are many people out there that would have purchased this with the pro cab and LE playfield and not at all interested in the bling. Premium for 5.5kish anf Pro 4.5kish and let them bling it up themselves if they choose. Now they will purchase neither, its a shame.

+1...........I thought Stern was moving in the right direction with the premium. I still think they should only make one version.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

If Stern can build Pro's for $4200 and make money, no reason the Premium models at $5700
    are not money makers.

I agree because that would work out better for me. Why would they change what they are doing they are finally making money it would be crazy to mess with that.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

I agree because that would work out better for me. Why would they change what they are doing they are finally making money it would be crazy to mess with that.

I think most feel that the LE approach Stern is taking is due to the success model JJP started with. Stern is easily making money with their Premiums at $5700.00. I also understand that Stern
    can't please everyone, but why doesn't Stern release the Premium model for the next few Pins and see if that approach is really the winning model for but Ops and Collectors.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

I think most feel that the LE approach Stern is taking is due to the success model JJP started with. Stern is easily making money with their Premiums at $5700.00. I also understand that Stern
    can't please everyone, but why doesn't Stern release the Premium model for the next few Pins and see if that approach is really the winning model for but Ops and Collectors.

Maybe they feel it will hurt some of their LE sales.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from vcloverjr:

I personally really like the Tron model. Pro almost exactly like the LE. The LE adds bling and not real game playing differences except one thing. Then you can buy a Pro and bling it out as would like and still have a great game.

#56 11 years ago

Yes, this is the best model. That way PRO is basically the same game but LE gives you something additional to make it unique and bling to boot. They will lose future PRO buyers with the current model.

Quoted from pinballlooking:

I personally really like the Tron model. Pro almost exactly like the LE. The LE adds bling and not real game playing differences except one thing. Then you can buy a Pro and bling it out as would like and still have a great game.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Everyone but Stern and collectors looking for exclusivity agrees with you.

Nope, not true. I'm a collector but i agree with that statement.

I buy the LE's for multiple reasons. One, i want the full game and not the costcut version. Two, I buy the LE because for a few hundred dollar/euro more you have a version which is going to keep it's value better then the premium one. And let's be honest we all like to keep the risks as low as possible when you are dealing with such amounts of money. I'm not in this to make money, but i think we can all agree that it is nice to keep the bleeding to a minimum when you are going to sell it. Take TF LE for example. I bought it for 6400 euro. Should i want to sell it now (which i'm not ) I would take a 1000 euro loss over here. But If i bought the combo the loss would be around 1500 euro. So with buying an Autobot for 300 euro more i would have saved 200 euro! (yeeaahh, lucky me ). Keep in mind this is current sales that i have seen so far over here. In the future it can become even uglier, or it can climb. Wouldn't be the first pin that was recieved poorly at first and then a few months/years later got more apriciated.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-v-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.