Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by luch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I found a couple of old threads related to this problem, but they don't specifically relate and not the sure answers were helpful to this issue. When I got the machine the magnets did not work, and we traced it back to a blown F7 fuse. Replaced the fuse, and the magnets both worked during test. Played a game and the new fuse was bad by the end of the game. Tried another fuse and the fuse went again. I watched the fuse during the next game and it looks like it blew after maybe the third or fourth time the magneto magnet came on during the game. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

are you using a slow blow fuse ?

#3 9 years ago

you say it may have blown on the fourth time the magneto mag came on? If so, this is when it would have the most stress as the magnet stays on for quite some time and holds the balls for maybe 5 or so seconds. I don't have an answer for you but would trial and error the issue. Maybe try switching mags and Wolverines magnets to see if maybe the magnet itself is causing an issue?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

are you using a slow blow fuse ?

I bought some 3 and 4 amp fuses from Home Depot, the 3 amp were slow blow so of course I assumed the 4 were also, but now that I went back and checked, they weren't. Going to try to pick some up today and see if that solves it. I hope it is that easy! Thanks.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

you say it may have blown on the fourth time the magneto mag came on? If so, this is when it would have the most stress as the magnet stays on for quite some time and holds the balls for maybe 5 or so seconds. I don't have an answer for you but would trial and error the issue. Maybe try switching mags and Wolverines magnets to see if maybe the magnet itself is causing an issue?

Thanks, after I try using the right fuse, if that doesn't work I will swap out the magnets to see if that makes a difference. I don't think the Wolverine magnet has come on yet during game play.

#6 9 years ago

ok let us know

#7 9 years ago

amazing what the right fuse will do both magnets now work after testing them at least 5 times. Definitely learned to look closer at the fuses I use and have ordered a bunch of correct ones from Marco for the future. Glad it turned out to be that simple. Thanks!

#8 9 years ago

there is so much knowledge and experience on this site, that just about anything can be solved !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-magnet-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.