(Topic ID: 103156)

x-men (pro) G.I. sockets

By pinballsteph

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

wondering if all the bulb sockets for the general illumination in x-men (pro) are 555? or a mix 555/47.

manual is useless...

would you also know how many of what there is?

thanks

#2 9 years ago

it's a mix of bayonet and wedge.

Stern used to have the manual for the LE in PDF format on their website, which had the GI layout broken down by red/white/blue. The LE has separate GI lighting effects for red and blue. Red GI turns on in villain selection, for example. on the pro, there's no distinction.

you definitely need to replace the magneto flashers (spotlight and figurine) with higher voltage LEDs as the ones they recommend in the manual burn out quickly.

#3 9 years ago

Not sure about the Pro but the LE has 44s in the in/out lane guides. The rest are 555s. I would think the pros were similar.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Not sure about the Pro but the LE has 44s in the in/out lane guides. The rest are 555s. I would think the pros were similar.

Yep the PRO has 44s in the in/outlane guides (4) and the back panel (6). All of the rest of the bulbs in the GI are 555.
I used the same bulbs as the LE in my PRO (cointaker double LEDS) in red white and blue just like the LE color map and it looks awesome. Too bad its not controllable like the LE, but its still a BIG improvement over the plain white bulbs.

#5 9 years ago

Forgot about the backboard lamps.

#6 9 years ago

thanks for all the responses. will be looking at the LE manual led map.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-gi-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.