(Topic ID: 55909)

X-Men play footage (Danger Room, all villains)

By sk8ball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Footage we shot for a tutorial but abandoned due to software update. Danger Room (Starts at 14:40) is still the same in current code. The value of villains has also increased in the newest update in addition to the combos.

#2 10 years ago

Wow, That was amazing! Awesome job.

#3 10 years ago

Incredible video!!!!!!!!

#4 10 years ago

Hope you do another tutorial.

#5 10 years ago

Wow! Way to kick that pins a**! I'm thinking you should enter in a few pinball tournaments. Lol

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Hope you do another tutorial.

Will do a tutorial with the new code when I get back from Cal Extreme since the camera rigs are already packed for that tournament.

#7 10 years ago

That video made me feel horrible about myself. Thanks.

Unbelievable. Awesome playing. All shots on demand. No bricks. Just wow.

#8 10 years ago

So close to Dark Phoenix too ... Did you need to get the Magneto Super Jackpot at the end of the footage?

Or did you get it ... After the footage ends ...?

Great game either way.

rd.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So close to Dark Phoenix too ... Did you need to get the Magneto Super Jackpot at the end of the footage?
Or did you get it ... After the footage ends ...?
Great game either way.
rd.

Even if he got the SJP, the mode wasn't truly there on that version. Just said Wizard Mode or something like that.

#10 10 years ago

what a player !! those shots were amazing , wish i could play like that

#11 10 years ago

Not to be a giant hater, but the video maxed out at 360p. After all the effort to shoot that, the nice angle, etc why not upload in HD? I honestly couldn't watch it at that low rez.

#12 10 years ago

GREAT STUFF! Your the reason why I don't participate in tournaments.

* Question* Does anyone remember back in the previous codes where in Hellfire Club villians, while you fist fight with Shaw you hit the night crawler pop ups or did I get Nightcrawler while I was fighting Shaw? I thought that was a cool mode.

#13 10 years ago

A great video ....but I really wanted to see how that epic battle ended.

This video is a perfect example as of why the Magneto super jackpot should NOT be a qualifying factor for Danger Room or Dark Phoenix (with stacking on or off). Here is a player that is better than 95% (or more) of players and a Mags super was not hit in 2 attempts. The rest of the video is / would have been grinding to qualify and attempt another Mags super.

I still think a Mags super is a perfect requirement for Dead Pool. It can be attempted and done on any given game, but it's not so easy that you would be seeing it too much.

Again...bravo on the game and thanks for videoing it and posting.

#14 10 years ago

Sorry, not sure what happened to the end but I do remember flailing at lock targets until drain. Yeah, Mag super is not only hard but not worth the effort when I can get the same 5 mil for beating nightcrawler! The latest code does change some strategy. Shadow King and Omega Red are worth huge points now for completing in one try. Also worth taking multiball right away to start picking off unique combos to get the base value built up on all combos.

Would be cool if they added a 2nd stage to each hero. More shots to start, more to finish then reward with making that shot 2x the rest of the game. Or even a super spinner for beating Cyclops and Super Jets for beating Storm.

#15 10 years ago

Awesome ideas Keith. Tell Waison

rd.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Awesome ideas Keith. Tell Waison
rd.

Yes, I hear Waison is quite the listener

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yes, I hear Waison is quite the listener

Maybe it's who's telling him ...

rd.

#19 10 years ago

Hi Sk8ball. I was wondering if you had any pointers for setting up the machine. Looks like you have thicker rubbers on your flippers. Any thing else? Pitch? Post change? Stock? You make it look easy.

Thanks

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Hi Sk8ball. I was wondering if you had any pointers for setting up the machine. Looks like you have thicker rubbers on your flippers. Any thing else? Pitch? Post change? Stock? You make it look easy.
Thanks

It's not the machine. It's the player.

rd.

#21 10 years ago

Wow....thanks for showing us what danger room looks like!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Thanks

Flipper rubber is just red as I don't care for black. Posts are in factory position and it is pretty steep. We cut out the 30 min of bricking shots and restarts haha!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yeah, Mag super is not only hard but not worth the effort when I can get the same 5 mil for beating nightcrawler! The latest code does change some strategy. Shadow King and Omega Red are worth huge points now for completing in one try. Also worth taking multiball right away to start picking off unique combos to get the base value built up on all combos.
Would be cool if they added a 2nd stage to each hero. More shots to start, more to finish then reward with making that shot 2x the rest of the game. Or even a super spinner for beating Cyclops and Super Jets for beating Storm.

Yeah, I find the scoring for the Mags SJP odd. Assuming you've started all hero modes prior to starting him, each JP nets you a million a shot and will be doing 6 dots of damage, so you're getting huge amounts of points up until the SJP, which is a piddling 5mil in comparison to the marathon that is Mags MB. And no damage progression either. As it stands currently, the only true motivation for Mags SJP is for wizard qualification and to stack in a villain mode such as Sentinels or Sabertooth. The victory laps after the SJP are also weird as they are worth 600k a piece and alternate the shots. So the victory laps end up being worth less than the mode JPs....don't know if that's usual for victory laps in other pins.

I am curious as to your thoughts on XM overall Keith, as you pretty much spanked the game on 1.24 (30 mins of bricking aside ). Obviously you already stated a couple things above that you'd like to see, I'm assuming Mags damage progression is one of them. The combos add a new layer to everything, but as far as maximizing the scoring as quick as possible, it still seems pretty formulaic, for me at least:

-start game and work on immediately qualifying villain
-Start Sentinels, as this is still the best villain mode as far as risk/reward to point payout
-Stack WXMB right away in Sentinels
-focus on completing WXMB, during which you will most likely complete Sentinels anyway
-after Sentinels and Wolvie stack, then the strategy becomes more subjective to the player, I think. This is what I try to do...
-go for BHMB, as it is now much more obtainable in 1.3 now with the BH targets as damage dealers
-then go for Omega Red, as his mode now can go over 8mil
-during all this if MagsMB starts, it's fine because with Wolvie mode completed, the Mags strategy for me is to hit Wolvie for the JP and 6 dots of damage, then hit the Mag shot to reset JP, then rinse repeat and pray I make it through,lol. But using this method seems to make the Mags SJP easier to obtain for me, but I'm nowhere near the same hemisphere of good a player as you are.
-allthewhile starting and hopefully completing hero modes between villains, starting with Iceman as he's worth 3mil for two shots, which ain't too shabby.

Anywho, looking forward to seeing more superb play for your next vid on v1.3 after CAX! See ya at CAX!

#24 10 years ago

I despised the game when it first came out. But it has grown on me and the latest update is pretty solid. I really like it but due to the kinetic clunkiness of Wolverine it will never be a top 5 game for me but it is pretty fun and fairly deep. Thinking of replacing Wolverine with something else...

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Thinking of replacing Wolverine with something else...

If I have to remove my Wolvie again for any reason (re-adjust, swap out because his back has busted out, ect...) I think I'm going to stick a maxie pad on the front of his post and put a Wolverine sticker on it. It might not look very good, but I'm betting it would play a bit better than it does with the Wolvie figure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-play-footage-danger-room-all-villains and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.