Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one would you buy if you could only get one?”

• Predator 37 votes
      47%
    • Xmen LE 23 votes
      29%
    • Wizard of Oz LE 19 votes
      24%

(79 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lol.gif
    th_troll.gif
    #1 11 years ago

Everyone has compared X-men to WoZ, so what about Predator?

If you had to get one which one would it be?

#2 11 years ago

Way too soon to tell. Happy to do the survey when more Predator artwork and X-men video has been posted.

#3 11 years ago

Pre ordered Predator, cancelled Pre order on Xmen LE, so the way things are looking its Predator for me!

#4 11 years ago

For me...both.

If I absolutely HAD to pick....oh man, that'd be killer. Probably X-Men because I'm a comic dork.

Pete

#5 11 years ago

I am in for both, but just based on cabinet art (only thing we can really compare right now) I think xmen has it beat. The predator backglass/translite looks sweet though. This is just based on what I can see as of today.

#6 11 years ago

Predator for sure, I just hope when some pics of the PF and toys come about that its not a big letdown as X-Men was for me.

#7 11 years ago

Predator 10

#8 11 years ago

Predator without any hesitation on my part I can't wait to get it. WOZ does not look anything like my cup of tea and while I think X-Men looks fun I have higher hopes for Predator. I hope they all rock and those that get any of em love what they get.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Predator without any hesitation on my part I can't wait to get it. WOZ does not look anything like my cup of tea and while I think X-Men looks fun I have higher hopes for Predator. I hope they all rock and those that get any of em love what the get.

I don't think I could have said it better.
    I was firmly in for both PRED and XM but I was a little underwhelmed with yesterday's release.
    I think XM will have all the toys, but PRED looks like a true players game. Still very, very early though. The jury hasn't even shown up yet.

#10 11 years ago

I'm in on both XMen LE (Wolverine) and Predator. Skipping out on WOZ due to theme (though I believe those that purchase WOZ and like the theme will get a great machine that will be ground breaking).

#11 11 years ago

Predator at this point seems to have everything I could hope for in a pin. A theme that I love. A creation team that consists of players, taking guidance from players. Gameplay that is targeted to be similar to AFM. Cool features never before seen on a game. Excruciatingly limited run. I can't wait!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm in on both XMen LE (Wolverine) and Predator. Skipping out on WOZ due to theme (though I believe those that purchase WOZ and like the theme will get a great machine that will be ground breaking).

Well Tiger, I'll have to swing by when I hit Labeurge this summer to play that Xmen and I'll have Woz, SM and Lotr is you make over to SA!

#13 11 years ago

gosh, I never thought of Predator before.

I was on for XM but some things I don't like as much as I thought.

I want a game to play and play well, and I saw the Pred demo and it looks f-n good.

Then I think Stern is trying to sell all these games at least the LEs (pre-sell) before anyone can see a ball drop. I mean whats that about. I realize Pred is a leap of faith, but we can see the beta and that look f-en awesome.

Can someone walk me thru the options and why or why not to go for Pred over XM

Thanks.

PS, I want a PLAYER and maybe a pin that can be a cult pin. I mean people will say, oh my gosh, I heard of that pin but never seen it. WoZ and XM will be one of thousands. I know still not a lot in the overall world of people, but thousands rather than a few hunderd.

Phil

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Can someone walk me thru the options and why or why not to go for Pred over XM Thanks.Phil

We have no info on whether they still have spots available or not right now. This thread might help you out Phil has a lot of info on the pin:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-you-buying-skit-bs-predator

#15 11 years ago

Activate Hunt Mode.

#16 11 years ago

I've ordered both, and with limited information, am looking forward to both. X-men shows that Stern listens. I think sometimes Stern doesn't get a fair shake. They get rid of the movie artwork stuff that always draws criticism, comes out with neat toys and gimmicks (though at a price), and they still get knocked. Not to diminish Predator at all, as it will be an awesome game. I believe that pinball companies are becoming more responsive, and giving the community what we, generally, want. Even WOZ could be great... though, I must admit, I haven't ordered one because I abhor the theme. That said, I'll be first in line for Hobbit.

it is difficult enough to compare great pins, say LOTR, SM and AC/DC, without trying to do the same thing with pins that we haven't played or seen yet.

My guess is that a year from now Predator and the LE X-man will be long gone and be in demand. But even if not, based on them and what little we know of their appearance, they both have big appeal to me.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well Tiger, I'll have to swing by when I hit Labeurge this summer to play that Xmen and I'll have Woz, SM and Lotr is you make over to SA!

Just let me know when you're heading this way. The amazing thing is that Labeurge doesn't have a single machine in that arcade of theirs . . . 100% redemption based machines + Mortal Kombat 2 . . . LOL.

#18 11 years ago

Just to ask....if The Hobbit movie isn't so good...would you still buy the pin?

th_troll.gifth_troll.gif

#19 11 years ago

ECWOZ and Predator both on preorder but X-men is not. End of that story.

As for the Hobbit unless it is designed 100% after the movie I would buy it.

#20 11 years ago

Get to tha choppa!!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Pre ordered Predator, cancelled Pre order on Xmen LE, so the way things are looking its Predator for me!

Me too

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

PS, I want a PLAYER and maybe a pin that can be a cult pin.

Quoted from docscott:

My guess is that a year from now Predator and the LE X-man will be long gone and be in demand. But even if not, based on them and what little we know of their appearance, they both have big appeal to me.

I agree. Predator with a great theme and being boutique and Xmen will very soon start to be appreciated for being the comic theme folks asked for. Wait till game play is shown and folks will be kicking themselves.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I want a PLAYER and maybe a pin that can be a cult pin. I mean people will say, oh my gosh, I heard of that pin but never seen it. WoZ and XM will be one of thousands.

+1. There are quite a few big collectors in my area and i'd rather avoid having overlapping games. That's why I was so excited to track down Mystery Castle and Class of 1812, less chance of another one or 3 or 4 on the local circuit. I think Predator will fall into this category.

#24 11 years ago

Predator is the most interesting of the three because it's not specifically designed for wide appeal in operated locations - something Stern/JJP have to consider. Even the theme is an immediate example, a lot of us grew up and saw Predator along the way - there's no way Stern/JJP could have gone with an 80s license now.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

there's no way Stern/JJP could have gone with an 80s license now.

No JJP went with a 30s license.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

system11 said:
    there's no way Stern/JJP could have gone with an 80s license now.

that was funny.... but true

#27 11 years ago

yes!

lol.giflol.gif

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from goodgameslover:

Oh well, well played - you know what I meant

I would like to apologise to everyone for giving spfxted an excuse to post more annoying gifs.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

Predator is the most interesting of the three because it's not specifically designed for wide appeal in operated locations - something Stern/JJP have to consider. Even the theme is an immediate example, a lot of us grew up and saw Predator along the way - there's no way Stern/JJP could have gone with an 80s license now.

That was an excellent point. I never thought of that. That really does make our theme unique and/or boutique!

I have a funny story. I work with a guy from Austria. His name is Zoltan. Many months ago I approached him and simply said, "Zoltan...please say this for me...Get to da Choppa!!!" He did not understand but said it. Then again and again. OMG!!!! It sounded exactly like Arnold. Now he says it all the time when he is near me and everyone at work gets a hoOT out of it!

PBD Predator #90

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I would like to apologise to everyone for giving spfxted an excuse to post more annoying gifs

I'm surprised he didn't have a picture of himself posing with a LOL smiley to post.

#31 11 years ago

I'm on the list for Predator for a friend, patience shall pay off for WOZ, XMEN and PREDATOR!

#32 11 years ago

Definitely Predator.

#33 11 years ago

Ok, ok, ok...but what about that Beanie Baby rumor though? Are you really ready to shell out $5k for a pinball machine only to get like $6-7k in Beanie Babies on the playfield? Heck they don't even move! You cannot even LED them...at least I don't know how to!

#34 11 years ago

It must have a have a Princess Di Bear on it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-or-predator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.