(Topic ID: 19217)

X-Men Magneto Pinball Topper by Pin-novations.........all lit up!!

By pinheadpuckguy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Nightstick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

magneto04.gif
Magneto.JPG
DSC06118.JPG
Blown_away.gif
DSC06113.JPG
DSC06111.JPG
wolverine04.gif
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Here is my X-Men Magneto Pinball Topper $149 plus shipping. I am just working on detail painting and such. What do you guys think? Wolverine is getting the upgraded paint job as well. Magneto's hand will light up and will have recessed lighting as well.

// Error: Image 32918 not found //

#2 11 years ago

Here's the final paint job on it. Head and helmet are two seperate pieces so it gives the topper some depth to it.

// Error: Image 32928 not found //

#3 11 years ago

Is that Magneto, or a spray on cut out of a planet of the apes character? Cant remember magneto having eyes like that either.....

C'mon man, try harder.....

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm usually pretty impressed with your toppers, but the wolverine and magneto just feel a little cheesy.

#5 11 years ago

Artwork was obviously lifted from here:

http://image-7.verycd.com/566239c20961e58b4c39b1473c212428671681(600x)/thumb.jpg

An issue of Marvel Comic's Avengers.....Magneto the Torturer

Isn't that copyright infringement?

#6 11 years ago

I think you need to take a little more time on your toppers. Not just this one, the wolverine one looks like it is lacking as well.

#7 11 years ago

OUCH, brutal in here!

But unfortunately I have to agree, I was looking forward to more with the Wolverine topper for my machine, hopefully the revised one comes out better. But this Magneto one doesn't do it for me at all if I owned the Magneto X-men. Very basic compared to some of the other ones I have seen from you.

#8 11 years ago

Back to the drawing board I guess......don't mind the critique......but can you be nice about it?

#9 11 years ago

There's a fine line between creative input and being a jerk. I think pinhead deserves our respect.

wolverine04.gifwolverine04.gif

#10 11 years ago

It's not always easy being creative. I DO want to make great topper for GREAT machines. In no way am I trying to push out stuff just for money. I will get the creative juices flowing again..........some more coffee is what I need.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

It's not always easy being creative. I DO want to make great topper for GREAT machines. In no way am I trying to push out stuff just for money. I will get the creative juices flowing again..........some more coffee is what I need.

I would really recommend getting some ideas from people in advance, I am sure through the threads people offer up some ideas but starting a thread for ideas and/or photos to help would be a great plan for new toppers.

#12 11 years ago

Well????? Any ideas folks?? Any suggestions for CV and XM-Magneto??? I have a few.

#13 11 years ago

I still like the basic idea of this one. I should make the back piece more of a cape, work on the face, add lightning to it.

#14 11 years ago

You may have already removed them or something, but I can not see the images above.

Keep up the good work bro, I like what I've seen so far... This is coming from a guy who's artistic skills end at "Stickmen w/ swords".

#15 11 years ago

How does this look so far???? I need to do some shading and paint the rest of the topper. The helmet and symbol on his helmet are separate pieces. I think it looks pretty cool. I have a really cool idea for the rest of the topper. I know we have some "art critics" out there.

DSC06111.JPGDSC06111.JPG

#17 11 years ago

He looks like he's trying really hard to pinch one off

You definitely are way more talented and creative than I am, nice job!

#18 11 years ago

Pssst... Pinheadpuckguy... Don't forget us LTBR guys.

#19 11 years ago

Here's what I've come up with............Version 2. His hand will light up.

DSC06113.JPGDSC06113.JPG

#20 11 years ago

Much, MUCH better....I applaud your efforts and your positive move in taking some harsh criticism and re-tooling so to speak in developing this topper. Way more worthy and reflective of your talents. Good Job!

#21 11 years ago

I am trying to figure out the lighting and she'll be ready to go.

#22 11 years ago

All right. I guess one person likes it. I will go ahead and light it up.

#23 11 years ago

That looks wayyyy better than the previous one

#24 11 years ago

Pinheadpuckguy - Still my favorite pinball topper maker! I always like your use of color & depth. (& your second version of this topper is looking good)

#25 11 years ago

I agree much better!

#26 11 years ago

Wow. blown away. NICE WORK!

Blown_away.gifBlown_away.gif

#27 11 years ago

Much better I thought your original magneto and wolverine where nothing more than crap, but this is awesome can't fault a single thing about it and I'm sure with lighting it will look jaw dropping!

Now where's wolverine version 2

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Pinheadpuckguy - Still my favorite pinball topper maker! I always like your use of color & depth. (& your second version of this topper is looking good)

He never made a waterworld topper hahah damn still mad I sold that machine.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Much better I thought your original magneto and wolverine where nothing more than crap

Wow!!!! Straight to the point. I dunno about crap...........but they lacked something.........oh yeah detail.

#30 11 years ago

Wow!!!! Straight to the point. I dunno about crap...........but they lacked something.........oh yeah detail.

Didn't mean to come across harsh, but compared to some of your toppers like AFM and LOTR which where great, your original xmen ones fell very short, but the sign of a great product is taking negatives on board and eliminating them all in the next version and that's exactly what you have done with this topper there is nothing negative about it now it's awesome.

One problem now though is we are all going to be waiting eagerly to see wolverine version2 with high expectations now

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't mean to come across harsh, but compared to some of your toppers like AFM and LOTR which where great, your original xmen ones fell very short

No that's fine. Wolverine is drying and I am deciding if I like it or not. I need to help my AC/DC brothers out first!!!! Hint hint.

#32 11 years ago

Here is the final version with lights. The pic does not do it justice at all. A sound module is plugged in to the hand so it will blink with with the game. The module has a sensitivity dial so you can set it to the level you want.

DSC06118.JPGDSC06118.JPG

#33 11 years ago

Nice Job!Do you have a Wolverine in the works too?

#34 11 years ago

Holy cow! That looks sweet. The lighting makes all the difference in the world. Nice work.

#35 11 years ago

I agree thats one of the coolest i've seen so far. I also like the LOTR topper you do. Excellent.

#36 11 years ago

Thanks guys..............yes Wolverine is almost done.

#37 11 years ago

Yeah, thats much better than the first two. Would be even better if you could get the cut outs directly printed with a high resolution image instead of spray painting them but for the most part it looks good. Well done for rising to the challenge.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Would be even better if you could get the cut outs directly printed with a high resolution image instead of spray painting them

It's called airbrushing.

#39 11 years ago

Awesome. Glad I ordered one from you. This looks gorgeous

#40 11 years ago

I think that looks amazing. If I get an Xmen (I'm on the fence), I'd pick this up for sure.

#41 11 years ago

Very nicely done...Way to take criticism and turn it into a positive!

#42 11 years ago

Looks sweet man!

#43 11 years ago

I feel blessed that I get to work at home (stay at home dad) and make cool stuff for some great pins.

#44 11 years ago

Bet your kids get a kick outta it!

#45 11 years ago

Now that's badass! Knew you had the talents to blow your original design out of our minds and I think it's safe to say you have done that. This might be the coolest topper I've ever seen, the lighting is phenomenal and puts the topper over the edge. Bravo!

#46 11 years ago

Looks great lit up good idea to light the hand up that way nice job!

#47 11 years ago

Wait until you see my Iron Man topper all lit up. Now if I can just save up for the machine.

#48 11 years ago

Nice work!

#49 11 years ago

Magnetos will be ready to go out early next week. Wolverine unveiled tomorrow...............Happy 4th.

#50 11 years ago

It's called airbrushing.

Ah i see. I know another technique for this kind of work. Its called being able to mask an area properly before you spray it.

Its easy to patronise on a public forum. Much less easier making perfect toppers for high end machines....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-magneto-pinball-topper-for-sale-by-pin-novations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.